BY TOO FACED #5 in Powder Foundation

Pick your shade!

Details:

MORE TO LOVE:

• Eight flexible shades work on almost any skin tone
  • Oil-absorbing
  • Medium-to-full undetectable coverage

• How much coverage does this foundation gives you ? Is it ...2 Answers
  • I have an extreme oily skin type, so I never wear liquid ...1 Answers
  • How long does this powder last? What is the coverage like...2 Answers
Savannah R.
Dalton
I am so glad I decided to give this a try! I finally found the PERFECT product for me.

I have been trying to ease into foundations and such because I never really used them, but at *cough* 33 now I am starting to show some uneven pigment and texture so I wanted something to smooth things out without going overboard and doing a "full face" of makeup. I have never liked liquid foundations because it's yet another thing to blend or if I use my hands then it's another thing to wash off and the scents are often off-putting and the coverage is always too much for me. So then I tried some BB and CC creams and felt the coverage was too minimal and still the same issues of the typical liquid foundation. I also have tried other powder foundations and cream foundations and didn't like any of them either. I found them to be too dry-looking or streaky. I also bought an airbrush spray foundation but I found it difficult to apply evenly and with light coverage.

Basically nothing was working for me and I was throwing money away trying so many products only to have them gather dust or get moved to my least used makeup bag. I still wanted something to kinda smooth out my skin though so I kept searching.

Finally I decided to buy this Too Faced cocoa powder foundation a few days ago because I love Too Faced in general, especially all their scented products (they just put me in a good mood lol) and I love the packaging (some of the cutest packing in the makeup industry imo) and then all the rave reviews. I was scared because it's a bit pricey and I never return things (even though I am aware Sephora is really good about that and makes it so easy), but I bought it anyway. Thankfully other reviews had mentioned the colors run a bit dark so I bought the lightest color even though I'd usually pick the second-lightest for most makeup brands. It ended up being a perfect match for my skintone. It smells delicious, it goes on light and even and doesn't show up powdery or streaky. It feels soft and smooth. I am probably going to use this product for the rest of my life now. And the package is just so chic, so elegant. I am in love. SO GLAD I BOUGHT THIS! ♥
Megan K.
First off - the SMELL of this powder is amazing. It actually smells like cocoa!I tend to prefer powder foundations to creme and liquid foundations because I like the lighter coverage and no makeup look. This powder does a good job at blending and feeling light and airy on the skin.
Stefanie W.
Colorado Springs
Purchased at: Sephora
I keep this in my purse for those quick bathroom touch-ups. In my experience, it works well over either powder or liquid foundation. If you are going to wear this alone, you are going to blow through the product bc I don’t feel like there’s very much in there unless your going to be purchasing this monthly..
Sunny B.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Light Medium more...
This foundation is great for keeping oily areas looking matte but due to my sensetive skin, I break out easily. If you usually don't have issues, this is a great foundation, worth the price because it lasts 3-4 months with average use. It provides full coverage for me. Would definitely buy again.
Chelsea L.
Nyack
Review for: Fair more...
I have really sensitive skin and typically, powder foundations are a big no-no for me. No matter how they’re advertised or what ingredients they have, I always seem to break out from congested skin.

Not sure if it’s all the antioxidants from the cocoa but this powder foundation is truly breathable. It provides moderate to heavy coverage depending on what you have underneath and how much you build it up.

Serious mattifying power, to boot. I have very oily skin so that’s a great quality for me, but I could see it being almost too much for someone with dry skin. I find that if I don’t use some sort of very moist primer or B.B. cream underneath this, it can separate a bit and make even my oily skin look dry and crusty, which is why I deducted the star.

That being said, when applied with the right moistening agents underneath, this is well worth the splurge.
Fahren W.
Myrtle Beach, SC
I absolutely love this Too Faced Cocoa powder foundation! I use only liquid foundations, I'm not a fan of powders, I feel like powders feel heavy on the face or skin, and can settle into fine lines and wrinkles and actually age you.BUT this foundation is very light on the skin,breathable, not tight or uncomfortable; easy to apply,you can use it to set your liquid foundation, or pair with your liquid/cream foundations for extra coverage, or even sweep on quickly and wear alone as an all over foundation!It has amazing coverage more medium to full. This powder is JUST amazing to me, it's a must have, it's the only powder in my giant makeup collection that Is a must have for me, so that speaks volumes! Also, It smells heavenly,literally BEYOND amazing, since it is really actually created with real cocoa powder, it's a delight to the senses every single time you open the compact and use it. It's great for concealing blemishes or imperfections, even ones your liquid foundation miss, BUT does not cause breakouts or clog the pores EVER AT ALL like many other powders do ! It's packaged well, easy to throw in the purse or suitcase and travel with, has a mirror for touch ups throughout the day or night. I LOVE this product, if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. And a little bit goes a long way, so it lasts longer than other powders I have tried. It also looks natural and doesn't look fake, cakey or crease when wearing. Absolutely will continue to repurchase it from ulta,sephora,or too faced online!
Brittany C.
Review for: Fair more...
I have to start out by saying I am in loveeeee with this product. I got it at tjmaxx for 12.99. They had a ton of them but I didn’t want to go overboard so I was going to try and buy more if I liked it. Ugh. One of the few times I wish I didn’t have self control and just purchased all the ones they had. When I went back they were all gone! Needless to say I will purchase this again and buy from too faced if I have to lol. It smells great and gives coverage without being caked or sitting right on top. I use this under my eyes mostly and it does not crease or build up. Looove it!
Jacklyn G.
Too Faced products smell good and feel good..they are of fine quality and the shades are good shaded for my light to medium skin. And i love all of Too Faced's products and will continue to use them because of the quality and even the casing is always cute
J.O O.
Review for: Medium Tan more...
This foundation Is my favorite for being tan and bronzed.  It’s a golden all tone will leave you looking finished and bright. I wear this foundation every day and night out, It’s especially good for contouring after you’ve Bronzed your face up
Katie B.
Gadsden, AL
Review for: Light more...
It smells like chocolate, which is always nice! I bought this on a tip from a cast member at Sephora. She recommended it to be to wear over the Too Faced Born This Way foundation to help with my oily skin. First of all this is a powder foundation that’s way too thick to go over a liquid foundation. Second, it did not help with oily skin. At all. But it does have great coverage (when you wear it on its own) but it’s too cakey on top of another foundation. For those of you that are not oily, you would probably love this! And maybe if you are only slightly oily. Let me be clear I think this is high quality makeup, it just didn’t work with my skin at the time.
Sunita R.
Doral, FL
Does this give your face that cakey effect?
Cali K.
Medicine Hat
How well of coverage does this powder foundation work
Kelli D.
Loretto, KY
How expensive is this product?
Rashelle F.
Interested in this product does it make your face oily at all?
Kelsey V.