BY TOO FACED #29 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Take decadence to the next level with a luxurious gold and cocoa powder-infused eye shadow palette that smells as good as it looks. Have a major metallic moment with foiled shadows that are created with real gold for an epic high-shine finish that’s paired with rich, seductive mattes for coffee to cocktails wear. All shadows feature a soft, velvety texture with full coverage payoff. The entire palette is infused with skin-loving cocoa powder for a decadent chocolate scent.

Details

• Metallic shades infused with real gold for extra luxe sparkle
  • Creamy matte shadows offer soft, velvety wear
  • Infused with our signature chocolate scent for a mood boost with every swipe
  • Richly pigmented colors offer one-swipe payoff

How It Works!

• Apply Shadow Insurance first to intensify and lock down shadow
  • Sculpt with mattes and add metallics for more fun and dimension
  • Press metallics into lid with a flat, dense brush for a more intense look
  • Dust metallic shades with a fluffy brush for a softer, ethereal look
  • Buff matte shades in crease and outer corners with a fluffy blender brush to add depth
  • Apply brighter shadows into inner corners
  • Use Glitter Glue to make metallics more intense!
  • Mix metallic shades with Shadow Insurance for a gilded liner

Rolling in Dough INGREDIENTS: Mica, Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dimethicone, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Dimyristate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Gold, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 338, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Vanillin, Carmine (CI 75470) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Cocoa Ruffle INGREDIENTS: Mica, Talc, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dimethicone, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Dimyristate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Gold, Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 338, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Vanillin, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Holla for a Dolla INGREDIENTS: Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Silica, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Gold, Fragrance/Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide, Vanillin, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Money Bags INGREDIENTS: Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Gold, Fragrance/Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide, Vanillin, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Old Money INGREDIENTS: Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Gold, Fragrance/Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Vanillin, Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Gold Dipped INGREDIENTS: Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Gold, Fragrance/Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Vanillin, Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Love & Cocoa INGREDIENTS: Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Sodium Saccharin, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Gold, Fragrance/Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Talc, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Vanillin, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). Decadent INGREDIENTS: Mica, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Saccharin, Dimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Gold, Lauroyl Lysine, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 338, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbic Acid, Talc, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder/Theobroma Cacao Fruit Powder, Vanillin, Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499). Rich Girl INGREDIENTS: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract/Oryza Sativa Extract, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Sil

• It is just me or are Too Faced palettes becoming less exc...3 Answers
  • I sooooo need this. Who else wants to try this?1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "So pigmented! Blends like a dream! Smells amazing! Great colors and they apply so beautiful!" in 257 reviews
  • "Looks like a good palette and also a good color scheme but I'm not a big fan of glitter at all but I would love to try it" in 108 reviews
  • "The color pay off is there, it’s quite nice. I never go without eye primer so I can’t say anything about wear time without it, but with it the wear time is all day for me. My swatches aren’t the best and to me, don’t show the metallic and depth of color it has in person. These are not heavy swatches and done with my finger only. Personally I suggest a flat brush for the shimmers/Metallics. It’s a habit and works best for my applications. I think it’s worth the price tag and will probably be purchasing a couple more for gifts. [product:too-faced-chocolate-gold-eye-shadow-palette]" in 48 reviews
Jesa L.
Oklahoma City
I give this palette an extra star for the smell of cocoa when you open it, a star for the beautifulpackaging, and a star for originality in color story. Otherwise, this palette would get 0 stars from me. The colors are beautiful in the pan, but fail miserably to provide any color pay off on the eyes. It took me at least 4 dips in each color I used to get anything to show up on my eyes. I.didnt use a primer,but I rarely use eye primers for any palettes anyways and still get bright, colorful looks. The only shade that seemed to work well was "chocolate gold". It only took 2 dips to get a nice highlight on my brow bone. I have wanted this palette since it came out, but felt it was too expensive for me, so I patiently waited for it to go on sale. I really wanted to love it. I love the colors! I love glitter! And the packaging! And I was so disappointed. After I did my eye make up, I thought maybe I got a bad palette, used the wrong brush, did something wrong like not use primer or wet my brush, so i looked at a lot of other users pictures using this palette. And even though most of the user9s gave 5 stars and said they loved this palette, the colors were very vibrant, and so pigmented, I'm looking at their pictures asking "but where is the eye shadow you put on?" Nobody looked they were even wearing the product on their eyes, maybe a cheap child make up, or chalk. It looks like chalk on my eyes too. There is no pigment. The colors are very sheer glitters. They dont blend out easily. (The matte shades leave behind a chunk of color where you first lay down the brush on your skin, that chunk doesnt blend out, you just have to keep adding more of the color in that area to get it to match.) When you use a color over another shade, especially more than 1 other color-- it starts to just turn in to a gray or brown color. I'm keeping it just to display on my vanity, bc its pretty, if I wasnt somewhat a collector, I'd return it. Even on sale, it wasnt worth the price. In the picture I used money bags, (green,) cocoa truffle, (a burnt orange brown), livin lavish, (dark purple,) and new money (hot pink). I used A LOTTT of product and you can barely see anything.
Cody Dawn M.
Camp Lejeune, NC
I have never been the biggest fan of Too Faced. When I first started wearing makeup I tried a couple of their palettes and was very disappointed with the lack of pigment. Recently I tried their peach setting powder, and it is amazing, so I figured I would give this palette a shot. I was looking for a very shiny palette since I have a lot of mattes. I had been debating between this and the UD Heavy Metals palette. Ultimately the cute packaging and good smell led to me choosing the chocolate gold. At this time, I am unsure if I made the right choice or not. I was expecting more bright and metallic finishes throughout. I’ll go shade by shade here.

I use all shimmers wet, and when I say “with brush” I mean applied with a wet concealer brush (Sigma F70 to be specific). In the photos, the swathes closest to the wrist are with glitter glue, and the lower swatches are on bare skin.

The consistency of the shimmer shades is VERY hard. I find it to be offputting. No creaminess here (the exception being the shade Famous).

Before I begin here please note that some of them swatched metallic looking on the arm, but wouldn’t go on the eye metallic, even using a finger.

-Money Bags. Very vibrant in pan, but seemed pretty light on the pigment. I had a hard time getting any sort of shine with brush or fingers. Not a deal breaker for me since it’s really not my color anyway.
-Love and Cocoa. This one made me sad. It was one of the colors that I was most excited about. It is pretty on and went on well with a brush. Definitely not super shimmery though. Actually, kind of dull. Beautiful color but no real shine.
-Holla For a Dolla. Not a genuine metallic by any means, but does have glitter particles. Went on well with a brush and looks beautiful on the eye.
-Chocolate Gold. This is the largest shade in the palette and it is gloriously metallic! I did not realize how yellow it would be. The pictures made it seem more true gold, but it’s a yellow metallic.
-Old Money. Did not play well with the brush. Went on as a nice shimmer with finger.
-Gold Dipped. Would not go on with the brush, at least not smoothly. Very foiled, though! Once I got it on, I was very pleased.
-New Money. Disappointing all around. No pigment, very sheer didn’t want to apply with brush or finger. The color was still pretty. Has glitter particles. Not worth the work.
-Livin’ Lavish. Went on well with a brush. A shimmer, not metallic.
-Rich Girl. Fantastic. It’s foiled and shiny. Went on with no problems with a brush. Very bright!
-Famous. Very foiled, as well. Went on with a brush. The only shade of he bunch (shimmer wise) that isn’t rock hard.
-Drippin’ Diamonds. If I keep this palette, which I am still heavily debating, this shade would be why. Went on smooth and it’s the most fantastic silver that I have ever seen. Better with finger than brush, but will work either way.
-Classy and Sassy. I was praying that this would be foiled, but no such luck. Beautiful shade regardless. Semi shiny. Went on well with a brush.
-Mattes. The four mattes are very soft. The lightest matte doesn’t do a lot for my skin tone but I feel it would be useful to someone paler than I am (worth noting that I am not very deep toned - a medium, leaning light medium since it is winter). It seemed to blend well. The darker brown also blends well, but seems to go on me kind of gray looking. I wish it were a tad warmer. The Black is soft, but I found it to be patchy, despite blending well and starting light. Each time I have used Decadent, I ended up having to supplement and go over it with Blackout from UD to fix it.

I still am not sure if this one will be kept. The hard texture and there only being 5 truly bright, foiled shades (Chocolate Gold, Gold Dipped, Rich Girl, famous and Drippin’ Diamonds) and having one of those be Too yellow toned for me to use might lead to me return. I can’t say that I am satisfied with the palette. I do think a lot of people will enjoy it, though.

Packaging is beautiful! Rated at 4 stars because even though I am displeased with the palette, I believe a lot of that to be personal preference. I see a lot of people enjoying this palette. At this point I am just not one of them!
Jennifer C.
Tewksbury, MA
I’m generally not a big fan of Too Faced eyeshadow palettes - I have found, especially with recent launches, that formula has been very inconsistent. When I first saw this being released, of course it was super eye appealing. It was bringing the attraction back to their cult favorite Chocolate Bar palettes, but with a modern twist. It wasn’t until I saw a video of a YouTube I follow that really went in depth with the palette and it was clear as day based on actual eye performance that this palette was above average in quality compared to what they had put out prior to it. The metallics, which consists of majority of the palette, are super pigmented, smooth, no grittiness and have true pan color pay off. What was also attractive about the palette is that even with all of these metallics, there wasn’t a need for glitter glue use prior to application, and minimal pay off. That being said, I would STILL do my eye makeup FIRST before doing my face when using this palette just to be on the safe side - I like to blend my shadows thoroughly to filth! I won’t stop blending until there are zero harsh edges and every color used has a beautiful ombré effect into the next color. This palette has pops of color that can be great for creative uses, colors for everyday looks, colors for night on the town looks.. it’s very multi purpose. It comes in the classic tin packaging like previous Chocolate Bar palettes, which works out great for traveling - extra protection for the shadows.
Jennifer S.
Jackson, MO
I think it’s worth the price tag and will probably be purchasing a couple more for gifts. Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eye Shadow Palette
Ashley W.
Converse, TX
I have used other Too Faced palettes in the past and some I liked some I didn’t. When I first saw this palette it completely drew me in. The shades were stunning and the packaging was gorgeous. I got it when it first came out and was super excited to give it a try. I will say overall I am not impressed with this palette at all. I tried using it with and without primer. I also used with multiple brushes.

I honest don’t think the colors were nearly as vibrant as they were in the pan. For me the shimmers just didn’t pop. I also found it wasn’t as easy to blend which is a HUGE turnoff for me. Now I am not speaking for anyone but myself obviously but for the price I paid I don’t believe this palette is worth it at all. It will probably sit on the shelf next to my makeup station. I just couldn’t get the looks I was going for. Like I said the colors look beautiful. I only wish they looked that beautiful once applied on the face.
Breanna R.
Astoria, NY
Can you say SHINE-TASTIC? My eyes never drew me in me so much and it pays off!

There are a ton of shimmer palettes out there, Fenty, Urban Decay, etc. What made me pick this one was the usability of the colors, the sleek packaging and huge mirror! Also, it's extremely easy to travel with compared to
The creative, but bulky Urban Decay Heavy Metals Metallic Eyeshadow Palette

Every shimmer I have used has a foil,
But glitter texture that is easy to apply. You get intense pigmentation without even wetting your brush. What really made me Happy was that the shimmers blended well with each other for an ombré effect and blended well with mattes from other palettes. Since you only get a handful of matte shadows (which I think was smart), I tend to dip into other palettes for my crease shades and my outer corner. So having the shimmers "play well" with others is important!

Quick Overview: Great selection of wearable
Colors, with some dramatic flares. Easy to use mattes for a complete look. Blends well together and with other formulas. The formulas are long lasting, have a huge impact and are easy to use. I could care less about it having real gold, because that's most likely not what made the shimmers as vibrant as they are.

BONUS: it smells like chocolate! Anyone else keep sticking their nose in to smell the shadows when they use it? No, just me? Well it's worth it.
Megan B.
Puyallup, WA
I have such a love hate relationship with Too Faced. Their product ideas are so cute, and I so desperately want to love them! The swatches of this palette surprised me, and left me debating whether I should pick it up and give it ago.
Three times I went back to the palette, trying to decide if I really did want to give it a chance. I even picked it up and walked around Ulta with it for a good fifteen minutes.
A final time I went by and swatched it, then tried blending it out. For how deceivingly pigmented the swatches were, it did NOT blend out. Once I spent some time on it I found that the shadows were powdery, took forever to blend, and left something to be desired. It was so disappointing.
The packaging is so cute, and the colors are really fun - but that is where the good stops. Once again I was left less than pleased with the formula of their shadows. Not worth the high price point.
Charme A.
Virginia Bch, VA
This is a amazing eyeshadow palette. Smells like chocolate from the inside out. The case smells of chocolate and the pans of shadows do too. The plans of shadow are super pigmented and very easy to blend. The shadows are super long lasting and highly pigmented. They level very well with each other and other shadows from different brands. The case comes with a mirror which is nice. I like mirror cases although honestly I don't use it. The shadow does not fall off the brush nor does it fly around the palette cases. So its stays somewhat "clean." I hate a messy, dusty makeup palette case around the shadows. Makes for a better display and when you hold it the shadows don't get on your fingers.
Hannah H.
CORDELE, GA
I got this last weekend at Ulta, I’ve been debating over getting it for a while now, I have the Sweet Peach and Chocolate Bon Bon pallets and they preform super well! They were actually my first high end pallets. Anyways the colors really caught my eye on this one but I wasn’t sure by looking at it online if they were true to color. So when I saw them in the store and searched them I instantly added to to my basket 😂 it’s pigmented and easy to blend. Colors are awesome you can do a natural looks and even add some colorfulness to your eye looks as well. Def recommend plus it also smells like chocolate!
JAWNIE B.
Easley, SC
Have no idea why this palette is getting so much hate.. Until you have it in your hands and are creating looks, as opposed to just seeing it in store or online, you have no idea how amazing it really is.. The richness, pigmentation, and buttery feel of these shades are a big wow.. I hear people saying these shades aren't unique. How many twists and tweaks can be made on a purple, gold, rose gold, bronze, silver, taupe, a wearable black etc, that make it a uniquely different shade? Lol... This palette is fabulous..There is a great mix of green, several bronze and golds, fuschia, and several matte shades that take this palette from everyday wearable, to a night out palette .. I've purchased tons of palettes this year from Tarte, KVD, UD, MAC, Colour pop, etc, and this is one of my fav purchases this year.. Definitely recommend.
Glenda W.
Huntington , WV
Do you have to wet your brushes to achieve the high quality pigmentation?
Hope B.
Are the shadows chalky?
Rebecca S.
Plymouth
Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eye Shadow Palette is this worth the money?💓
Shaylah A.
Does the sparkles stand out on eyelids as well as it does on the pallette? And does it last long
Yari n.
Portland, OR
It’s beautiful.!!! Is it worth it? What’s the color pay off?

back