BY TOO FACED #54 in Eyeshadow Palettes

Details:

MORE TO LOVE:

• Infused with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder
  • 14 brand new shades plus 2 cult favorites to allow limitless eye looks
  • Research has shown that the scent of cocoa is a natural mood-booster

• Does it really smell like chocolate? And some say it even taste l...45 Answers
  • I've heard mixed reviews on this product. What do you guys think ...6 Answers
  • I do not have any too faced eyeshadows. Which palette would you r...16 Answers
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.
This is one of my new favorite eyeshadow palettes as of the moment. I just recently purchased this after getting it for $30 on HSN. The original Chocolate Bar palette is one of my favorite palettes to use. It is extremely pigmented, blendable, and you can create a number of different looks with just that palette alone which I'm a fan of for traveling. This palette is no exception to the amazing quality of the first issued chocolate bar palette. All the shades work wonderfully and I have no problems with any of them being less or more pigmented than the next.

What I like about this palette is it is unique in design, very girly, yet the packaging is durable and well made. I think it was a great choice of Too Faced to decide to do heart shaped pans because it really adds an element to this palette. The bright pink tin casing is also a bonus because it is more sturdy and durable than cardboard packaging from a lot of other brands. It has a mirror included but I would suggest just using a hand held mirror because it is kind of a bit small due to all the text. It works though and it really isn't something that would not make me purchase a palette.

I like that this palette gives you a variety of mattes, shimmers, and a few more glittery shades. You have a pop of a hot pink shade along with a dark blue which can really spice up a look if you want to add some color. The pink shade I would recommend using over a white base such as NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in the shade Milk in order to make it pop. However, I would recommend Early Grey over a black base like a blended out eyeliner or NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Black Bean to make it pop even more.

A lot of the shades in this palette are very unique and hard to find dupes for (Especially Almond Truffle and Pecan Praline). Satin Sheets is a great highlighter on the face or in the inner corner.

My favorite shades are: Almond Truffle, Cashew Chew, Pecan Praline, Mocha, Bordeaux, Earl Grey, and Satin Sheets.

Such a wonderful palette that I would recommend to everyone. If you are on the fence as to which Chocolate Bar palette would be best for you this is how I would decide.

Original Chocolate Bar - Neutral in undertones. Has a mix of warm and cool undertones to make a variety of looks. If you prefer an overall neutral palette I would suggest this. However, there are no true pops of color within the shades besides Candied Violet which isn't a strong shade in the palette.

Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar - Warm Undertones. If you are someone who gravitates to warm shades and yellow or orange undertones you will like this palette. It has a great selection of warm toned neutrals and browns. The blue shade is a nice pop of color as well. This palette has a lot of shades that are dupes from other brands though Too Faced is very strong with their shadow quality in this.

Chocolate Bar Bon-Bons Palette - Cool undertones throughout the whole palette. If you are someone who enjoys cool undertones you will love this. It has a lot more grey mixed within the shades and also gives you two pops of color with the pink and blue shades. This palette also offers a lot of mauve and pink tones throughout which is nice since they are not that common to find in palettes these days.
Savannah L.
Savannah L.
Kennerdell, PA
I've loved this this spring. I've hit pan on divinity, satin sheets, sprinkles & cashew chew. Cashew chew is my favored transition shade, though I've also used pecan praline lately for that. Almond truffle I usually use as my contour, & satin sheets is repurposed as my favorite highlighter! Divinity I wish they would release as an individual or as a compact shade because it's the perfect shade for me to use as a correcting, setting, clean up etc powder. Sprinkles is great on inner corners & also as a blush! Molasses Chip is my number one fav here. I regularly also use cotton candy, cafe Au lait & totally fetch. I frequently use with a wet brush black currant, malted, Bordeaux & dark truffle as liner. Mocha is also gorgeous. I use earl grey the least but when I do it creates a gorgeous smoked out look. (I have looks with all of these on my insta if you need an extra push!) I also love the smell- the infusion of cocoa fruit powder has anti aging benefits & gives this a chocolate Scent!
Kirsten S.
Kirsten S.
Union city , GA
I'm usually skeptical about making BIG money ( $15+ 😂 ) purchases but this one IS worth it
Reasons To Purchase :
-The packaging completely sold me ( it's freaking pink '& heart shaped 😍 )
-The color range was exactly what I was looking for ( matte nudes , shimmery nudes , shimmery matte nudes [ didn't know that was possible ] , pops of shimmery soft pink '& matte bright pink [ also makes a great blush btw ] , shimmery blue grey [ perfect to line the water line or darken the crease ] , a reddish brown matte transition color , '& a perfect grape color
-It smells like chocolate 🍫
-Soooo many people have one ( It's like a collector's item )
Reasons Not To Buy :
-It's not in your budget ( just try to find inexpensive dupes for the colors [ they won't smell like chocolate though ] )
-You would rather have an all shimmery or all matte or all nude or all pops of color palette
Bridgette J.
Bridgette J.
Shawnee, OK
This palette was one of my coveted palettes (it still is!) and I've had the chance to use it quite a few times thanks to Sephora and my best friend. The smell is, of course, chocolate which makes me so happy. I love how pigmented each shadow is, too! Some of the shades are nicer than others I feel, because I wouldn't exactly wear the two bright shades as every day makeup, but maybe that's just me. Divinity and Satin Sheen are perfect as brow bone and base colors, which is great for people like me who are just starting out. Unfortunately for many this is a palette where looks need to be done over a primer - but what doesn't these days? (Average wear is between 3-5 hours without) Other than that, this might well be the most perfect palette to come out in a while! Definitely the type of palette straight out of a dream.
Jamie K.
Jamie K.
Waterloo, IA
I have tons of makeup, but I reach for this palette over most things in my collection. I love that you have everything from neutrals to some unique yet very wearable colors. (Earl Grey, I'm looking at you!) The formula is very consistent across all the shades, and I think Too Faced did a good job of including multiple finishes. These colors lean a little cool, so that might be something to consider, but there are a few of the colors that would work on someone warmer completed as well. Packaging is a winner as usual, but that's no shocker...this is a Too Faced palette we're talking about here.

This is a palette I was on the fence about buying for quite awhile, and I'm so happy I finally broke down and bought it. It's quickly becoming one of my all time favorite palettes.
Crystal Y.
Crystal Y.
Collinsville, VA
Love love love this palette!!! I mainly purchase drug store make up and then occasionally splurge on high end make up items at Senhora Nordstrom etc a few times a year! This was one of the best purchases to date. I have several palettes from UD Mac Morphe but this palette is the best. The smell is amazing like a shuttle box of chocolates literally . The colors are everyday go to colors purples mattes shimmers greens browns and even neutrals . All the colors you need fir many many different looks. They are very pigmented and blend seamlessly my fave palette by far on your next makeup splurge pick this palette and it will last and last ive used mine for 3 months everyday and barely looks used at all well worth the 48.00/50.00 pic below of the colors in the palette
Liv M.
Liv M.
This is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes. I find myself not using this palette as often as I would like however it has some of my favorite shadows in it. I think the shadows can drag and little and don't have as much pigment as other shadows like Anastasia however the quality is still great. I love all the transition shades however I wish there were a few more crease colors. The shimmers in the palette are awesome. I definitely will try to use this palette as my everyday palette to see how much use I can get out of it. I think the shadow colors are what really shine as they are cool toned with slight pink undertones. The packaging is super cute and sturdy. Overall I really would recommend this palette.
Heather M.
Heather M.
Starkville, MS
Great palette! I will say that this is probably my least favorite of the Too Faced large palettes and I still love it (that's how good it is)! This has all you need to complete a natural faced look and a few for dramatic looks as well. I did expect more from the bright pink (it's not as bright on the eyes as I wanted). The packaging is really nice (sturdy tin) and the heart shape pans are magnetic (you can actually remove them and throw them in a magnetic Z Palette. Best of all this palette smells like m&m's. The colors are creamy and pigmented and blend really well. The palette gives you several great blending shades, several darker shades, and some pops of color as well as a nice highlight.
Zoe F.
Zoe F.
Royal Oak, MI
As a lover of both the original Chocolate Bar palette and the Semi-Sweet palette, I rushed to pick up the Chocolate Bon Bons in the hopes that it would be just as good - but I was definitely disappointed. I actually had to order this palette twice, because the first time I ordered it, none of the shadows had been glued into the palette and were broken everywhere inside the box. Once I got an actual complete palette, I found that the colors really muddied together during blending and didn't wear the way you'd want them to. The pigmentation and quality just wasn't there. I was definitely disappointed with this launch, and ended up returning it.
Lexa B.
Lexa B.
Berkeley, CA
I received this product in a giveaway, and while
It smells like cocoa powder and looks beautiful with the heart shaped pans and beautiful colors both matte and shimmer, I found myself having a very hard time getting any color payoff on my lids. Because I am a women of color I do prime my lids with a more neutral base because that is the best way for myself personally to get color payoff but that did not seem to do the trick. When the shades are not getting muddy, they are simply not transferring or depositing any color from the brush to the lid. I must give this palette an A+ in packaging but a D- in effectiveness.
Maria A.
Maria A.
Banning, CA
Does it really smell like chocolate? And some say it even taste like it? Lol
Emily T.
Las Cruces, NM
Ilana N.
Ilana N.
Old Westbury, NY
Is the palette as good as the original Chocolate bar palette?