BY TOO FACED #9 in Eyeshadow Palettes

The Chocolate Bar experience begins as soon as you open the palette and the smell of sweet chocolate envelops you. The eye shadows are pigmented with pure, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and includes 16 matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks and luscious plums. Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.

Details:

MORE TO LOVE:

• Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino was inspired to combine the power of antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and makeup while having a chocolate facial and learning about the benefits of cocoa at a Hawaiian spa. Based on this inspiration we created our best-selling bronzer Chocolate Soleil and then Milk Chocolate Soleil and have now added the Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette.
  • New Shades: Glided Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle

Cherry Cordial, Crème Brulee, Hazelnut, Milk Chocolate, Triple Fudge, White Chocolate Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Boron Nitride. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Manganese Violet (CI 77742). Amaretto, Black Forest Truffle, Champagne Truffle, Haute Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Polyethylene, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide, Boron Nitride, Carmine (CI 75470). May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Aluminum Powder (CI 77000). Candied Violet, Gilded Ganache, Marzipan Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polyethylene, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide , Carmine (CI 75470). May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Bronze Powder (CI 77400). *Formulated without parabens

• Does it really smell like chocolate?240 Answers
  • I have tons of points at Ulta and I'm considering purchasing this...3 Answers
  • What is your all time favorite eyeshadow palette? Mine is the Too...6 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Liz H.
Winston-Salem , NC
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette ($49.00 for 0.62 oz.) contains sixteen eyeshadows from pale beige to deep bronze, from matte to frost. The smaller eyeshadows are 0.03 oz. each, while the two larger ones are 0.10 oz. each. This palette will launch exclusively at Sephora on December 19th (though it is listed online now, but it is not in stock, and it was previously available for sale–I believe my mistake a couple of weeks ago). As far as I can tell, it’s permanent. The entire palette smells like sweet cocoa when you open it. The quality varies from shade to shade, with some being beautifully rich in pigment and soft, buttery, and dense in texture, and then there are a couple of misses that are rather powdery, sheer, or a combination of the two. Overall, the palette is more of an adventure in darker, smokier neutrals with a couple of curve balls (pale pink, deep purple), so depending on your stash of neutral palettes, this may be superfluous. Most of the eyeshadows wore well for around eight hours, with some of the powdery ones fading sooner.

One thing I wish Too Faced would change about how they do their palettes is either include truly, all-brand-new shades or not be afraid to include a shade from a previous release. I’d rather know it’s the same (or have it just be the same) than a 1/4 of a shade different with a new name. When you release large eyeshadow palettes frequently, I know you’re going to have a repeat; that’s okay! just tell us about it! We don’t want to see the same five shades regularly repeated, but it’s not a deal-breaker if a couple make a reappearance.

Gilded Ganache is a dark chocolate brown with warm, caramel undertones and a yellowed bronze shimmer. It had good color payoff, and the texture was soft without being powdery. I had minor fall out when I wore this shade. Makeup Geek Utopia (P, $6.99) is more glittery. Too Faced Yule Log (LE) is very similar. MAC Brownluxe #4 (P) is more muted. Urban Decay Snakebite (LE, $18.00) is lighter. Chanel Topkapi #1 (LE) is not quite as warm-toned. See comparison swatches

White Chocolate is a warm-toned, pale beige with a matte finish. It had good pigmentation, and the texture was soft, blendable, but not powdery. There are so, so many shades just like this, including many by Too Faced as they’ve released their palettes. See comparison swatches.

Milk Chocolate is a medium-dark, subtly warm-toned brown with reddish-yellow undertones and a matte finish. It had nice pigmentation, applied smoothly, and was easy to blend out on the lid. Makeup Geek Frappe (P, $5.99) is warmer. Chanel Charming #2 (LE) is slightly cooler-toned. Too Faced Chocolate Milk (LE) is a touch lighter. Wet ‘n’ Wild To Muse and Carouse #2 (LE) Urban Decay Beware (LE, $18.00) theBalm Allegro (P, $16.00) MAC Moleskin (LE, $15.00) Inglot #357 (P, $6.00) See comparison swatches.

Black Forest Truffle is a burgundy-brown with burgundy and bronze sparkle and shimmer. It had a drier, slightly gritty, texture while the color payoff was semi-opaque. Makeup Geek Burlesque (P, $5.99) is lighter, warmer. Sleek MakeUP Sunset #7 (P, $9.99) is more metallic. Disney by Sephora Chateau (LE) is browner. theBalm Alice Copper (P, $16.00) is cooler-toned, brighter. Urban Decay Roach (P, $18.00) is very similar. Estee Lauder Violet Underground #2 (LE, $21.00) is richer. Le Metier de Beaute Bordeaux (P, $30.00) is slightly brighter, more metallic. See comparison swatches.

Triple Fudge is a deep, dark brown with subtle neutral-to-warm undertones and a matte finish. It had fairly good color payoff that’s more buildable when applied to the lid than it seems to appear initially. Laura Mercier Espresso (LE) is slightly cooler-toned. bareMinerals Boardroom (LE) is also a bit cooler-toned. Inglot #326 (P, $6.00) is similar. See comparison swatches.

Salted Caramel is a warm-toned, muted, medium orange with hints of brown and a matte finish. It had excellent color payoff, but the texture was so soft that it turned powdery. MAC Tete-a-Tint (P, $15.00) is darker, warmer. Makeup Geek Creme Brulee (P, $5.99) is similar. MAC Layin’ Low (P, $18.50) is lighter, cream product. MAC Soft Brown (P, $15.00) is darker. See comparison swatches.

Marzipan is a warm, peachy-orange with a frosted, slightly metallic, finish. It had good color payoff, and the texture was soft and fairly smooth. As a FYI, Too Faced included a shade called “Marzipan” in their Bon Bons palette, but this isn’t the same–the previously-released Marzipan was matte. bareMinerals Ball Gown (LE) is slightly lighter. Makeup Geek Cinderella (P, $5.99) is less frosted. MAC All That Glitters (P, $15.00) is more golden. See comparison swatches.

Semi-Sweet is a medium-dark brown with warm, reddish undertones and a matte finish. The texture was soft, but a little dry and a smidgen powdery, and the pigmentation reflected that as it was semi-opaque. Laura Mercier Truffle (P) is very similar. NARS Self Portrait 3 #1 (LE, $24.00) is darker. MAC Brown Script (P, $15.00) is redder in tone. Inglot #360 (P, $6.00) is similar. Inglot #357 (P, $6.00) is yellower in tone. See comparison swatches.

Strawberry Bon Bon is a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a matte finish. It was soft, blendable, and had good color payoff. NARS Bouthan #1 (P, $24.00) is lighter. Benefit Pause for Applause (P, $20.00) is slightly purpler. Benefit Pinky Swear (P, $20.00) is similar. Inglot #319 (P, $6.00) is brighter, cooler-toned. See comparison swatches.

Candied Violet is a smuted, smoky violet with cool undertones and multi-colored shimmer. It was very dry and stiff to work with, and the color payoff was sheer. It didn’t work better on the lid either–harder to blend and not buildable at all. Too Faced Jingle All the Way Eyeshadow #6 (LE) is brighter. Sleek MakeUP Romance in Rome (LE, $9.99) is cooler-toned. Urban Decay Voodoo (LE, $18.00) is also cooler-toned. theBalm Lavish Latoya (LE, $16.00) is similar. Urban Decay Half Truth (LE, $18.00) is darker, cooler-toned. See comparison swatches.

Amaretto is a warm-toned, medium-dark brown with reddish tones and a frosted sheen. It had good pigmentation, and the texture was soft and buttery to the touch. Clarins The Essentials #9 (LE) is very similar. Too Faced Brown Sugar (LE) is darker, less red-toned. MAC Her Cocoa #4 (LE, $15.00) is nearly identical. MAC Divine Decadence (LE, $15.00) is darker, richer. Disney by Sephora Chateau (LE) is less warm-toned. MAC Twinks (P, $15.00) is lighter, yellower in tone. MAC Sable (P, $15.00) is similar. Benefit Dandy Brandy (P, $18.00) is also similar. See comparison swatches.

Hazelnut is a medium-dark, golden bronze with a soft, frosted sheen. The texture was soft but slightly powdery, and it had good color payoff. Chanel Charming #3 (LE) is less frosted, slightly warmer-toned. MAC Her Cocoa #3 (LE, $15.00) is very similar. Illamasqua Dart (P) is a cream product, darker.Urban Decay Ambush (LE, $18.00) is more frosted. Edward Bess Cosmic Bliss #4 (P, $30.00) is similar. Dior Golden Savannah #2 (LE) is also similar.See comparison swatches.

Creme Brulee is a darkened gold with warm undertones and a rich, metallic finish. This shade had excellent pigmentation, and the texture was soft and buttery–one of the best shades in the palette. Maybelline Downtown Brown (P, $6.99) is less metallic. Benefit Thanks a Latte (P, $20.00) is more muted. See comparison swatches.

Haute Chocolate is a slightly muted, dark chocolate brown with warm, reddish undertones and a frosted finish. It had fantastic color payoff, and the texture was so rich and smooth. Too Faced Brown Sugar (LE) is similar, less metallic. theBalm B4 (LE, $16.00) is cooler-toned, less frosted. MAC Friendly (LE, $15.00) is warmer. Inglot #421 (P, $6.00) is warmer. See comparison swatches.

Cherry Cordial is a warm-toned, plummy brown with flecks of sparkle over a matte base. It had semi-opaque color payoff, and the texture was a bit dry and powdery. bareMinerals Stiletto (LE) is darker. Laura Mercier Kir Royal (P) is similar. Too Faced Soiree (LE) is slightly darker. NARS New York (P, $24.00) is more muted, matte. See comparison swatches.

Champagne Truffle is a brightened, pink-tinged white with a golden sheen and metallic finish. It had good pigmentation, and the texture was fairly soft. Too Faced Coquet (LE) is very similar. Kat Von D Instaglam (LE) is also similar. Disney by Sephora Treasures Untold (LE) is also comparable. bareMinerals Glitterati (LE) is slightly pinker. See comparison swatches.
Crystal B.
Cheyenne
Beautiful to look at and smells like 🍫! There are so many functionalities to this palette. Too faced is one of my favorite lines of makeup . I use this palette almost everyday . I use the corner iridescent sometimes for a touch on my nose or above my eyebrows , sometimes on the cupid as well ! It is great when you are packing light and this can be a one in all go to ! The matte browns can also be used to contour ... the people at too faced always know what they are doing ! I bought this on their site where they always have incredible deals . Don’t let the actual company sites scare you !! They sell a lot cheaper most times ☝️they love ❤️their peeps !! If you haven’t used this highly pigmented , enriched shadow palette or any of their others you must ... go ! .. like now 🤲🏻😋
Allyson G.
Boston
This was my very first high-end palette (well, I think I might've had one of Too Faced's little 6-color palettes, the Natural Eyes). As a super-newbie beginner to eye makeup, I always appreciated Too Faced for including little instruction cards. However, I did not buy this myself; it was a gift from my stepmom after she noticed me looking at it for too long in Sephora. First of all, the Chocolate Bar line all smells incredible (I still have my Chocolate Soleil bronzer and will always continue to repurchase that). This is a very nicely designed palette for everyday looks, with browns and golds and a couple interesting accent shades like maroon and purple that look great against my green eyes. I pulled it out again after a while of using other things and found the shadow hard to work with, and the eventual look was kind of muddy. That might just be because mine is very old, however, now I have lots of other eye shadow palettes with similar colors and better shadow quality. Plus, the price is a little too high (even for a high-end wh*** like I am) for the quality. I do not think I will be repurchasing, but I definitely loved my time with this palette.
Meagan E.
Harrisonburg, VA
This was one of my first high end palettes.  I had heard a lot about it from Youtubers, and I thought the concept was cute.  I like the touch of the palette smelling like chocolate.

Overall, this palette is nice but I feel like price is a little high after working with other palettes.  For the most part all of the shadows are blendable, and are a little on the drier side.  I was really excited about the purple sparkly shade, but it was more sheer and the glitter moved around a lot.  The other metallic shades are beautiful! When I use this palette, I tend to use the neutral shades.  This palette is pretty versatile, and you can create multiple looks from this palette.

I would recommend this palette if you are really love the colors and concept of the chocolate bar.  I reach for my elf Mad for Matte palette and ABH Modern Renaissance a bit more, and these palettes are cheaper than the Chocolate Bar but exceeds the quality.  Overall this is a good palette and I am happy that I purchased it, but if I ever go through this palette I don't think I would buy it again.
Aaliyah M.
Long Beach, CA
I recieved this palette for Christmas, and it is my Holy-Grail makeup item! The packaging is adorable, and I like the slim fit of the tin. The eyeshadows smell more like hot chocolate than milk chocolate, but I quite like the scent. I love the selection of neutrals and colorful shades, allowing you to go from a really simple, natural, everyday look to a bright, sparkly party/going out eye. On Christmas Day I did a shimmery neutral look with this palette, went hiking, and went out to eat. 7 hours after I applied it, I noticed that the eyeshadow showed no signs of creasing and still looked as fresh as it did when applied. Every shadow is very buttery, but the matte highlight shade and the baby pink matte shade could hbe a bit more pigmented. The sparkly olive brown shade is incredibly pigmented, and the only color with a lot of fallout. I have light medium skin, and I realized that one of the darker, cool toned browns is a perfect contour shade, the shimmery pink browbone shadow is a perfect highlight, and the darkest matte brown is the exact color I like to do my eyebrows in. This palette is very multi functional and completely worth every dollar.
mckenzie j.
Fortson
Ramya D.
Cincinnati, OH
I love this palette! It is amazing. I bought this a couple of weeks ago at my nearest Ulta. I have been testing out some looks and using a bunch of the shadows. First things first, most of them are super buttery, blendable, and gorgeous(save a few, and we'll get into that in a second)! Literally NO fallout (on MOST shades, again, we'll get to that in a second), and it smells so good. I would say that it doesn't smell EXACTLY like chocolate. It has a little bit of chocolate scent, but I think it is more of just a delicious, sweet smell. Weird addition: They taste good 😁! I swatched one and tasted it and it tastes sweet! My favorite shades are white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, marzipan, creme brûlée, haute chocolate, and hazelnut! There are so many looks you can create with just those colors! Now, onto the bad colors. Strawberry Bon Bon (SBB) has literally no pigment, even when you get it wet. It was a dud. However, I can say that it wasn't a shadow that I was going to use often. Next, the shade Amaretto. It swatches a little better than SBB, but still isn't super good. It doesn't translate well onto the eye from the brush either. Finally: Gilded Ganache. This color is kind of an army greeny-browny color with gold sparkles. It leans more dark brown than green, but it does have a hint of green. This color swatches great, but it does NOT translate well from the brush to the eye, it does NOT blend well at all, and it has a considerable amount of fallout. I have not tried out Candied Violet out yet, but it is glittery like Gilded Ganache, and I am very wary about that. I feel like it will probably be very similar in quality to Gilded Ganache. But all the colors are beautiful, and most of them are AWESOME. That's why I recommend this product and give it 5 full stars!
Emilie S.
Johnstown , PA
Okay... I SERIOUSLY LOVE THIS PALETTE. I got this as a gift and at first I wasn't too impressed just by looking at the colors. I thought there were too many browns for my liking. But once I started wearing this I was proved wrong. This palette is perfect for any occasion, there are shades to go out and shades for your everyday make up wear. It's very pigmented, one of the most pigmented palettes I've ever used, making it easy for the shadow to glide across my eyelid. Plus, I love the way it smells! It really smells just like a chocolate bar. I will use this till it's empty and then I will continue to buy it again and again it's just that amazing!!!
Nora C.
Madison, WI
I have been wanting this ever since it came out, but at that time I wasn't really into makeup that much and it was super expensive to me. I just got this in my stocking on Christmas and this is amazing!!! The packaging is adorable and of course it has the nice chocolate scent like all the others in the collection but this one is by far my favorite. I have the chocolate bon bon one and although it is amazing I like the colors in this one better. All of them are very practical which is why this is actually great for beginners. This may be pricey for the first time makeup buyer but it's so worth it. The texture is so soft and the pigment is unreal. This is now my new go to for base and crease shades and can't wait to experiment more with it! Highly recommend!
Loren C.
This is one of my go-to palettes when I want a more dramatic going out look, but it offers some perfect, soft, subtle everyday shades as well. It has a good range of matte, shimmer and glitter shades! The shadows are buttery, super pigmented and blend out like a dream. Not to mention it smells, and tastes (I found that out on accident!) sweet and chocolatey. These are gorgeous, deeply colored shadows that play so well together. The darker shades do tend to have some fallout, but that's to be expected with high end pigmented palettes.

The packaging is adorable, fun and creative.

It is well worth the the price!

Luisa J.
Phoenix, AZ
Does it really smell like chocolate?
Jennifer H.
Rossville , IN
I am trying to decide between this palette and the Urban Decay3 - any opinions - which one and why?
Sonia G.
Does the chocolate smell stay on your eye? Or is it just on the palette itself?
Does the color have good pigment.
Jaylisa A.
Woodhaven, NY
I've been looking for this palette and I've been wanting it as well. I just wanted to know does it really smell like chocolate. And how pigmented is it.