BY TOO FACED #14 in Eyeshadow Palettes

The Chocolate Bar experience begins as soon as you open the palette and the smell of sweet chocolate envelops you. The eye shadows are pigmented with pure, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and includes 16 matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks and luscious plums. Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.

Details:

MORE TO LOVE:

• Too Faced Co-Founder and Creative Director Jerrod Blandino was inspired to combine the power of antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and makeup while having a chocolate facial and learning about the benefits of cocoa at a Hawaiian spa. Based on this inspiration we created our best-selling bronzer Chocolate Soleil and then Milk Chocolate Soleil and have now added the Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette.
  • New Shades: Glided Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Creme Brulee, Haute Chocolate, Cherry Cordial, Champagne Truffle

Cherry Cordial, Crème Brulee, Hazelnut, Milk Chocolate, Triple Fudge, White Chocolate Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Boron Nitride. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Manganese Violet (CI 77742). Amaretto, Black Forest Truffle, Champagne Truffle, Haute Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Polyethylene, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide, Boron Nitride, Carmine (CI 75470). May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Aluminum Powder (CI 77000). Candied Violet, Gilded Ganache, Marzipan Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polyethylene, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide , Carmine (CI 75470). May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Bronze Powder (CI 77400). *Formulated without parabens

• Does it really smell like chocolate?243 Answers
  • I have tons of points at Ulta and I'm considering purchas...4 Answers
  • What is your all time favorite eyeshadow palette? Mine is...6 Answers
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette
  • "I was very skeptical spending $50 on this product however it was defintely worth it. The shawdows are highly pigmented and blend so well. There's a variety of neutral colors and a few pops of color. There is a bit of fallout but it does not bother me. And it smells like chocolate!" in 3443 reviews
  • "I was kind of puking up neutral palettes by the time this one came out. I didn't need or want another neutral palette. But when the thinner packaging was made for it i decided to just get it to satisfy my sick sephora addiction. The shadows are great quality the shades are rather unique i like that. But again i have a lot of neutral palettes so i don't get as much use out of this as i should. I don't get any fallout or kick up with these shadows at all. I only have an issue with one shadow out of the whole palette not satisfying color payoff standards. Other than that it a lovely palette if you don't already have all the other neutral palettes lol I'm kinda sick of all the "chocolate" smelling products from this brand i don't smell it lol" in 1129 reviews
  • "I wanted to eat this shadow palette. It is so divine!! The fact that it actually smells like chocolate drives me crazy. Love the shadows...colours are long lasting and suit my blue eyes. I get tons of compliments when I am wearing these shades. " in 427 reviews
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
Up until I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette and soft Glam palette the Two Faced Chocolate Bar original was my number one go-to! I still really love it! The white chocolate shade is perfect to put down right over your eyeshadow primer the best transition shade ever is salted caramel! You can create any kind of an eyethat you would like. It's very versatile. If I'm just looking for an everyday simple look I will use the white chocolate then salted caramel and then I'll go in with the semi-sweet which is like a medium toned Brown with the red undertone it's beautiful and just those three together looks nice and put together, but if you want to take it further you can absolutely do that too if you want to go a little further with the steps I just listed above then just go in a little more with the semi-sweet color followed by amaretto on the outer and inner corners and deepen it up with cherry cordial on the outer Corner in a little bit on the inner corner then take either creme brulee or marzipan if you Spritz your brush with some mac Fix Plus it intensifies it by 20 and it looks absolutely amazing it just makes it pop so much more sometimes I'll take the creme brulee and put it down first and then just use marzipan in the very center creme brulee, highlight your brow bone with champagne truffle and you have a beautiful spot light eye. If there are any harsh lines you can always use either white chocolate or salted caramel to blend them out I think this is a good palette for everyone for beginners or for pros. The palette also comes with a little leaflet that gives you different ideas for looks you can do if you're not yet up to creating your own. Another beautiful one is to use the green shade in the palette with Creme Brulee in the center or if you want something even more colorful go in the inner half of your eyelid with strawberry bombon and the outer with the purple shade, candied violet use salted caramel as your transition shade and white chocolate as your base shade highlight the inner Corners with champagne truffle and you have a beautiful pink and purple eye! I would say all of the Too Faced pallets from this collection or worth it if you're trying to avoid spending hundreds of dollars you can definitely get away with just getting either the original chocolate bar or the semi-sweet chocolate bar palette you don't really need both air very similar the differences are small when it comes to the neutral tones and then they have like a little pop of color in each one has purple and one has blue so depends on your preference I personally would go for the original. my least favorite of this collection would be the Too Faced Chocolate bon-bon palette I don't reach for it all that much I'm not exactly sure why there's nothing wrong with it's a beautiful palette I just reached for the original and the sweet peach for some reason. Without a doubt this how it gets 5 stars
Lizzy T.
Imperial Beach, CA
This was my first ever more high end purchase and boy was it a good one. This palette has stood the test of time and will continue to do so for many more years to come. I still remember the giddy feeling I got after buying it. I was in France (we don't have Too Faced here) and I was doubting so much because I didn't want to spend more after a pretty expensive citytrip so I initially walked away and continuing talking about that palette. So when we were in a shoe shop and I was still going off whetever or not I was wise to pass up on it, my friend turned to me and said:'''Please, just walk back and buy it. This is the only chance you will have and maybe then you will shut up''. So I basically ran back to Sephora, grabbed it and took a beeline for the cashier. Never regretted it.

The packaging is on point and for sure the trendsetter. The smell immediately got to me and when I first bought it, I often found myself just grabbing it, looking at it, smelling it and then putting it away lmao.
The shades are really good, with a few misses. The brown mattes are all on point. Good to blend, barely any kick up and the perfect base shades Then you have your pops of colors that could do with more pigmentation, but are good enough to build up and give you a beautiful eye look no matter what. However, the light pink matte Strawberry Bon Bon however is a let down and I feel like this could have been replaced by a rich, deep brown or something. Cherry Cordial is also slightly on the too chalky side and I have noticed this shade to fade sooner than the rest.

I reach for this palette more often in the fall and winter than I do in spring or summer, but I will forever treasure it and the moment it runs out, I will order a new one, for sure.
Crystal B.
Cheyenne
Beautiful to look at and smells like 🍫! There are so many functionalities to this palette. Too faced is one of my favorite lines of makeup . I use this palette almost everyday . I use the corner iridescent sometimes for a touch on my nose or above my eyebrows , sometimes on the cupid as well ! It is great when you are packing light and this can be a one in all go to ! The matte browns can also be used to contour ... the people at too faced always know what they are doing ! I bought this on their site where they always have incredible deals . Don’t let the actual company sites scare you !! They sell a lot cheaper most times ☝️they love ❤️their peeps !! If you haven’t used this highly pigmented , enriched shadow palette or any of their others you must ... go ! .. like now 🤲🏻😋
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
The original Too Faced Chocolate Bar was one of the first high end palettes that I ever bought. It’s still one of the best neutral palettes in my collection. There are matte, shimmer and glittery shadows. You can create countless looks with just this palette alone.

Some of my favorite shades include:
- Gilded Ganache - A dark, warm chocolate brown with bronze shimmer
- Salted Caramel - A warm, medium orange brown with a matte finish
- Marzipan - A warm, peachy orange with a frosted finish
- Amaretto - A warm, medium reddish brown with a frosted sheen
- Creme Brûlée - A warm, dark gold with a metallic finish

The eyeshadows are creamy, richly pigmented and blendable. The outside packaging looks like an actual chocolate bar. If you’re sensitive to fragrance, then this may not be the palette for you as it smells like chocolate. Sometimes the original is simply the best.

If you’re just starting out in makeup, I highly recommend pick up the Too Faced Chocolate Bar or Urban Decay Naked Palette.
Aaliyah M.
Long Beach, CA
I recieved this palette for Christmas, and it is my Holy-Grail makeup item! The packaging is adorable, and I like the slim fit of the tin. The eyeshadows smell more like hot chocolate than milk chocolate, but I quite like the scent. I love the selection of neutrals and colorful shades, allowing you to go from a really simple, natural, everyday look to a bright, sparkly party/going out eye. On Christmas Day I did a shimmery neutral look with this palette, went hiking, and went out to eat. 7 hours after I applied it, I noticed that the eyeshadow showed no signs of creasing and still looked as fresh as it did when applied. Every shadow is very buttery, but the matte highlight shade and the baby pink matte shade could hbe a bit more pigmented. The sparkly olive brown shade is incredibly pigmented, and the only color with a lot of fallout. I have light medium skin, and I realized that one of the darker, cool toned browns is a perfect contour shade, the shimmery pink browbone shadow is a perfect highlight, and the darkest matte brown is the exact color I like to do my eyebrows in. This palette is very multi functional and completely worth every dollar.
mckenzie j.
Fortson
Ramya D.
Cincinnati, OH
I love this palette! It is amazing. I bought this a couple of weeks ago at my nearest Ulta. I have been testing out some looks and using a bunch of the shadows. First things first, most of them are super buttery, blendable, and gorgeous(save a few, and we'll get into that in a second)! Literally NO fallout (on MOST shades, again, we'll get to that in a second), and it smells so good. I would say that it doesn't smell EXACTLY like chocolate. It has a little bit of chocolate scent, but I think it is more of just a delicious, sweet smell. Weird addition: They taste good 😁! I swatched one and tasted it and it tastes sweet! My favorite shades are white chocolate, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, marzipan, creme brûlée, haute chocolate, and hazelnut! There are so many looks you can create with just those colors! Now, onto the bad colors. Strawberry Bon Bon (SBB) has literally no pigment, even when you get it wet. It was a dud. However, I can say that it wasn't a shadow that I was going to use often. Next, the shade Amaretto. It swatches a little better than SBB, but still isn't super good. It doesn't translate well onto the eye from the brush either. Finally: Gilded Ganache. This color is kind of an army greeny-browny color with gold sparkles. It leans more dark brown than green, but it does have a hint of green. This color swatches great, but it does NOT translate well from the brush to the eye, it does NOT blend well at all, and it has a considerable amount of fallout. I have not tried out Candied Violet out yet, but it is glittery like Gilded Ganache, and I am very wary about that. I feel like it will probably be very similar in quality to Gilded Ganache. But all the colors are beautiful, and most of them are AWESOME. That's why I recommend this product and give it 5 full stars!
Liz H.
Winston, NC
Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette ($49.00 for 0.62 oz.) contains sixteen eyeshadows from pale beige to deep bronze, from matte to frost. The smaller eyeshadows are 0.03 oz. each, while the two larger ones are 0.10 oz. each. This palette will launch exclusively at Sephora on December 19th (though it is listed online now, but it is not in stock, and it was previously available for sale–I believe my mistake a couple of weeks ago). As far as I can tell, it’s permanent. The entire palette smells like sweet cocoa when you open it. The quality varies from shade to shade, with some being beautifully rich in pigment and soft, buttery, and dense in texture, and then there are a couple of misses that are rather powdery, sheer, or a combination of the two. Overall, the palette is more of an adventure in darker, smokier neutrals with a couple of curve balls (pale pink, deep purple), so depending on your stash of neutral palettes, this may be superfluous. Most of the eyeshadows wore well for around eight hours, with some of the powdery ones fading sooner.

One thing I wish Too Faced would change about how they do their palettes is either include truly, all-brand-new shades or not be afraid to include a shade from a previous release. I’d rather know it’s the same (or have it just be the same) than a 1/4 of a shade different with a new name. When you release large eyeshadow palettes frequently, I know you’re going to have a repeat; that’s okay! just tell us about it! We don’t want to see the same five shades regularly repeated, but it’s not a deal-breaker if a couple make a reappearance.

Gilded Ganache is a dark chocolate brown with warm, caramel undertones and a yellowed bronze shimmer. It had good color payoff, and the texture was soft without being powdery. I had minor fall out when I wore this shade. Makeup Geek Utopia (P, $6.99) is more glittery. Too Faced Yule Log (LE) is very similar. MAC Brownluxe #4 (P) is more muted. Urban Decay Snakebite (LE, $18.00) is lighter. Chanel Topkapi #1 (LE) is not quite as warm-toned. See comparison swatches

White Chocolate is a warm-toned, pale beige with a matte finish. It had good pigmentation, and the texture was soft, blendable, but not powdery. There are so, so many shades just like this, including many by Too Faced as they’ve released their palettes. See comparison swatches.

Milk Chocolate is a medium-dark, subtly warm-toned brown with reddish-yellow undertones and a matte finish. It had nice pigmentation, applied smoothly, and was easy to blend out on the lid. Makeup Geek Frappe (P, $5.99) is warmer. Chanel Charming #2 (LE) is slightly cooler-toned. Too Faced Chocolate Milk (LE) is a touch lighter. Wet ‘n’ Wild To Muse and Carouse #2 (LE) Urban Decay Beware (LE, $18.00) theBalm Allegro (P, $16.00) MAC Moleskin (LE, $15.00) Inglot #357 (P, $6.00) See comparison swatches.

Black Forest Truffle is a burgundy-brown with burgundy and bronze sparkle and shimmer. It had a drier, slightly gritty, texture while the color payoff was semi-opaque. Makeup Geek Burlesque (P, $5.99) is lighter, warmer. Sleek MakeUP Sunset #7 (P, $9.99) is more metallic. Disney by Sephora Chateau (LE) is browner. theBalm Alice Copper (P, $16.00) is cooler-toned, brighter. Urban Decay Roach (P, $18.00) is very similar. Estee Lauder Violet Underground #2 (LE, $21.00) is richer. Le Metier de Beaute Bordeaux (P, $30.00) is slightly brighter, more metallic. See comparison swatches.

Triple Fudge is a deep, dark brown with subtle neutral-to-warm undertones and a matte finish. It had fairly good color payoff that’s more buildable when applied to the lid than it seems to appear initially. Laura Mercier Espresso (LE) is slightly cooler-toned. bareMinerals Boardroom (LE) is also a bit cooler-toned. Inglot #326 (P, $6.00) is similar. See comparison swatches.

Salted Caramel is a warm-toned, muted, medium orange with hints of brown and a matte finish. It had excellent color payoff, but the texture was so soft that it turned powdery. MAC Tete-a-Tint (P, $15.00) is darker, warmer. Makeup Geek Creme Brulee (P, $5.99) is similar. MAC Layin’ Low (P, $18.50) is lighter, cream product. MAC Soft Brown (P, $15.00) is darker. See comparison swatches.

Marzipan is a warm, peachy-orange with a frosted, slightly metallic, finish. It had good color payoff, and the texture was soft and fairly smooth. As a FYI, Too Faced included a shade called “Marzipan” in their Bon Bons palette, but this isn’t the same–the previously-released Marzipan was matte. bareMinerals Ball Gown (LE) is slightly lighter. Makeup Geek Cinderella (P, $5.99) is less frosted. MAC All That Glitters (P, $15.00) is more golden. See comparison swatches.

Semi-Sweet is a medium-dark brown with warm, reddish undertones and a matte finish. The texture was soft, but a little dry and a smidgen powdery, and the pigmentation reflected that as it was semi-opaque. Laura Mercier Truffle (P) is very similar. NARS Self Portrait 3 #1 (LE, $24.00) is darker. MAC Brown Script (P, $15.00) is redder in tone. Inglot #360 (P, $6.00) is similar. Inglot #357 (P, $6.00) is yellower in tone. See comparison swatches.

Strawberry Bon Bon is a cool-toned, light-medium pink with a matte finish. It was soft, blendable, and had good color payoff. NARS Bouthan #1 (P, $24.00) is lighter. Benefit Pause for Applause (P, $20.00) is slightly purpler. Benefit Pinky Swear (P, $20.00) is similar. Inglot #319 (P, $6.00) is brighter, cooler-toned. See comparison swatches.

Candied Violet is a smuted, smoky violet with cool undertones and multi-colored shimmer. It was very dry and stiff to work with, and the color payoff was sheer. It didn’t work better on the lid either–harder to blend and not buildable at all. Too Faced Jingle All the Way Eyeshadow #6 (LE) is brighter. Sleek MakeUP Romance in Rome (LE, $9.99) is cooler-toned. Urban Decay Voodoo (LE, $18.00) is also cooler-toned. theBalm Lavish Latoya (LE, $16.00) is similar. Urban Decay Half Truth (LE, $18.00) is darker, cooler-toned. See comparison swatches.

Amaretto is a warm-toned, medium-dark brown with reddish tones and a frosted sheen. It had good pigmentation, and the texture was soft and buttery to the touch. Clarins The Essentials #9 (LE) is very similar. Too Faced Brown Sugar (LE) is darker, less red-toned. MAC Her Cocoa #4 (LE, $15.00) is nearly identical. MAC Divine Decadence (LE, $15.00) is darker, richer. Disney by Sephora Chateau (LE) is less warm-toned. MAC Twinks (P, $15.00) is lighter, yellower in tone. MAC Sable (P, $15.00) is similar. Benefit Dandy Brandy (P, $18.00) is also similar. See comparison swatches.

Hazelnut is a medium-dark, golden bronze with a soft, frosted sheen. The texture was soft but slightly powdery, and it had good color payoff. Chanel Charming #3 (LE) is less frosted, slightly warmer-toned. MAC Her Cocoa #3 (LE, $15.00) is very similar. Illamasqua Dart (P) is a cream product, darker.Urban Decay Ambush (LE, $18.00) is more frosted. Edward Bess Cosmic Bliss #4 (P, $30.00) is similar. Dior Golden Savannah #2 (LE) is also similar.See comparison swatches.

Creme Brulee is a darkened gold with warm undertones and a rich, metallic finish. This shade had excellent pigmentation, and the texture was soft and buttery–one of the best shades in the palette. Maybelline Downtown Brown (P, $6.99) is less metallic. Benefit Thanks a Latte (P, $20.00) is more muted. See comparison swatches.

Haute Chocolate is a slightly muted, dark chocolate brown with warm, reddish undertones and a frosted finish. It had fantastic color payoff, and the texture was so rich and smooth. Too Faced Brown Sugar (LE) is similar, less metallic. theBalm B4 (LE, $16.00) is cooler-toned, less frosted. MAC Friendly (LE, $15.00) is warmer. Inglot #421 (P, $6.00) is warmer. See comparison swatches.

Cherry Cordial is a warm-toned, plummy brown with flecks of sparkle over a matte base. It had semi-opaque color payoff, and the texture was a bit dry and powdery. bareMinerals Stiletto (LE) is darker. Laura Mercier Kir Royal (P) is similar. Too Faced Soiree (LE) is slightly darker. NARS New York (P, $24.00) is more muted, matte. See comparison swatches.

Champagne Truffle is a brightened, pink-tinged white with a golden sheen and metallic finish. It had good pigmentation, and the texture was fairly soft. Too Faced Coquet (LE) is very similar. Kat Von D Instaglam (LE) is also similar. Disney by Sephora Treasures Untold (LE) is also comparable. bareMinerals Glitterati (LE) is slightly pinker. See comparison swatches.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
This palette is a classic, and as soon as I heard the countless great reviews, I rushed out to pick one up at Sephora...and unfortunately, this palette didn't blow my mind like I expected it to.

The packaging is very cute - not really my style but cute nonetheless. The shadows truly do smell just like chocolate, which isn't really a pro or con in my book, just something that makes this palette unique. The color selection is great for everyday or more dramatic looks, it's the formula that didn't blow me away. The shades are all pretty powdery, with a decent amount of fallout. The more colorful shades in particular are dull and take a lot of work to build up into something noticeable. These shadows blend *okay*, but they're just nothing to write home about.

I think this would be a good beginner eyeshadow palette, but if you're looking for something mind-blowing, I don't think this palette is it.
Jenna R.
Sumter
Most important thing about this palette is that it smells delicious, point blank. But it's also just a fantastic palette. This one is leaps and bounds better than the Naked palette, which I think is in the same sort of wheel house with the color selection. But these are so much better. They're richer, more original, did I say that it smells like chocolate? Cause it does. And that fulfills a mighty need that I didn't even know that I had. All makeup should smell like chocolate is what I'm saying. But beyond the smell, this is such a good palette. The colors are beautiful, the color story makes sense to me, and I can do my entire eye look without dipping into another palette and that is one of my biggest complaints about a lot of other palettes, especially high end ones. There is not one thing that I dislike about this.
Luisa J.
Phoenix, AZ
Does it really smell like chocolate?
Jennifer H.
Rossville , IN
I am trying to decide between this palette and the Urban Decay3 - any opinions - which one and why?
Sonia G.
Does the chocolate smell stay on your eye? Or is it just on the palette itself?
Does the color have good pigment.
Jaylisa A.
Woodhaven, NY
I've been looking for this palette and I've been wanting it as well. I just wanted to know does it really smell like chocolate. And how pigmented is it.