Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY TOO FACED #5 in Liquid Foundation

Born This Way is an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can’t see the makeup and you can’t see imperfections—all that’s left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were Born This Way.

Details:

This revolutionary foundation is infused with a potent combination of Coconut Water to naturally replenish moisture levels; nature’s resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity and Hyaluronic Acid for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Let them think you were Born This Way.

MORE TO LOVE:

• Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
  • Oil-free
  • Coconut Water helps delicately replenish skin’s moisture levels without overhydrating—for the look of radiant skin
  • Infused with the resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity
  • Hyaluronic Acid helps balance skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance
  • APPLICATION TIP: For medium coverage, apply a small amount from the center of the face outward and blend with fingertips, sponge, or brush. Build to full coverage by layering as needed.
  • 1.0 oz

Ingredients/Ingrédients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isododecane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Cocos Nucifera Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Rhododendron Ferrugineum Extract, Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Lecithin, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Vegan-friendly *Formulated without parabens

• Would this product work for dry skin?28 Answers
  • What are your preferences? High end makeup or drugstore?17 Answers
  • I have always wanted to try this foundation. Is it good for EXTRE...6 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Alyssa V.
Pawtucket , RI
Review for: Natural Beige - Light Medium with Neutral Undertones more...
If this had more coverage I would have gave it 5 Stars. I love most Too Faced products and have been wanting to try this for a while now but was always put off by lack of coverage reviews. This starts off as medium coverage and is flawlessly buildable to a full coverage with a beautiful, natural satin finish.

The formula is more on the thin side and is on the “thin/liquidy” side but is thick enough where it’s not super runny as you dot your face. The best way to build is to allow about 20 seconds between layering the applications to let the first coat set and keep your sponge/brush from picking up excess product.

It truly keeps your skin moisturized with the added coconut water and helps repel creases, and cakiness. This has never oxidized on me and lasts 12+ hours even in the Summer heat and has never caused my combination skin to break out. I set this with Becca Soft Light Setting Powder then finish with Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Stay In Place pressed powder.

If you’re looking for a true full coverage foundation you will be disappointed, I will never wear this foundation without concealer so you should try Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Liquid foundation or Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Liquid foundation instead. Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage Foundation

I have had to play around with different primers to keep this from sinking into my pores and have found Urban Decay Optical Illusion Complexion Primer, Too Faced Primer And Poreless, and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer works best opposed to Benefit’s Porefessional and MUFE Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer.
Mel X.
Review for: Light Beige - Light with Neutral Undertones more...
I heard so many rave reviews of this foundation that I decided I had to try it myself, but I found pretty quickly that there were two areas where it fell short.

First, I have combination skin where my T-zone is VERY oily but the outer rim of my face can get very dry. This foundation sits very nicely on the drier outer parts, but on my forehead and nose, I've found that this foundation breaks up very quickly, no matter what primer or setting products I use. It does have a nice natural finish that doesn't give a "I'm wearing sooo much makeup" look, but if you have any texture or more-than-normal oil, that might work against you.

Secondly, the undertones across the line don't work perfectly on very yellow skin. I have light but very yellow-undertoned skin. Too Faced is supposed to be very good at undertone inclusivity, and I have had many friends with yellow or golden tones find their holy grails in Too Faced, but I find that even the foundations with "golden" listed as an undertone have been slightly too pink on me. This is a point that I am maybe a little pickier than most on, but if you have "Asian" or yellowy skin, you might want to be careful.

There are definitely pros, however; this foundation is very lightweight, and on normal or slightly dry skin I can see this being amazing. Powders and other makeup items play well on top of it, not moving around too much or looking strange. It doesn't oxidize heavily, so the color you swatch will for the most part be what you get. Overall, I would recommend this.
Shelly L.
Review for: Nude - Very Light with Rosy Undertones more...
💥Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Review 💥

Shade: Nude

Skin Type: extremely dry/sensitive/allergic skin

I swear I love Too Faced as a brand. And I really do love the formula, and feel of this foundation. The first time I wore it, I was going out for a dinner date with my husband. It was night time, and I thought this was going to be my new holy grail foundation.

The next morning, I wore it again. Drove around all day, did some shopping, went to my sons Doc appt, and about mid afternoon, i pulled down my visor, and looked at myself in the mirror...I looked like an UmpaLoompa!! It oxidized sooo badly on me I turned orange!! My husband even said, “Babe, did you forget to blend in your face makeup?” I rolled my eyes, “No...this is what it looks like when a foundation oxidizes on me”. He wasn’t a fan, who would be?

So I went back to Sephora, tried another shade. Thinking hey, maybe I can get the oxidation working for me...however, that was not the case. The second shade, vanilla, turned out to be way to light, even after it dried and oxidized down.

In the end, where I love the formula and the finish...the oxidation turned out to be the reason I had to return it and walk way. Broke my heart because I truly LOVED the formula and finish. If only the oxidation problem didn’t happen... 😔

I’m curious, has this happened to anyone else? Have you tried this foundation and it oxidized on you? Let me know in the comments.

Hope y’all have a great rest of your day! Hugs❤️
Maci P.
Atoka
Review for: Porcelain - Very Fair with Neutral Undertones more...
Wow! A wonderful foundation! My face has NEVER looked this way. I originally ordered KVD Matte foundation but had to return it bc it looked AWFUL on my dry skin! The beauty consultant at Sephora told me that this foundation would be perfect for my dry skin bc it's not super heavy, it's not matte, and it is infused with coconut oil. She put it on and WOW. none of it stuck to my dry skin. It did not leave a splotchy look! It blended so well! And it is oil free so obviously it didn't feel oily on my skin!
If you have dry skin, this is the foundation for you!! It also helps to apply a GOOD moisturizer prior to applying. I've always had an issue finding a PERFECT match for my skin color.. This matches me SO well. My neck is also a little darker so I had to bring it down my neck too. But it matches my face, neck, and chest beautifully!
Photos: before applying, after applying, and after applying ELF bronzer, KVD setting powder, and Maybelline matte lip color.
Lis H.
Review for: Pearl - Very Fair with Rosy Undertones more...
This is a good foundation, not my absolute favorite, but definitely not bad.
The consistency is a bit thick when you first pump it out of the bottle, but it does not look thick or cakey when applied to the skin. The coverage is decent, a good medium to full, and you can build it up easily to full coverage if you need to. Personally I like it with one layer at a medium coverage. There is no scent so I appreciate that as well.
I made to mistake of purchasing a color that was too dark for me, though the color descriptions could do with some updating. I bought the shade Pearl thinking it would match my "very fair" skin. Pearl is definitely more for someone who matches to colors like "light" or "light beige". The undertones throughout the line also seem VERY golden. I'm a neutral undertone so I can usually get away with tones that run a bit more pink or a bit more golden without any issue. However if you are very cool-toned/pink-toned this foundation may be too golden for you, even though some shade descriptions will say they are "for rosy undertones".
Mixing this foundation with lighter-colored coverage products or products like liquid highlighters to give a more glowy appearance to my skin has not gone well. The foundation seems to break down throughout the day easily when mixed with other products and I'm not sure why. Don't know if there is an oil-water ingredient contrast between the 4-5 other products I've tried to mix in with this foundation or if it's just the foundation.
I'd purchase this again because it is a good foundation, however I will need to go into the store and match myself to their newer expanded pale-friendly shades.

Kristen R.
Knightstown, IN
Review for: Swan - Fairest With Neutral Undertones more...
So I just picked this up from Ulta the other day for the first time. I was skeptical because I feel it's a super hyped uo foundation. I was in love immediately! I have dry, red, sensitive skin & this stuff makes my face look flawless.. I can't get over it. It's also hydrating and so light weight, it feels natural like I'm not wearing anything at all. I use a damp beauty blender& then my Tarte Shape Tape concealer and they work fantastic together! I uses Mineralizing Skin Finish in light as well&😍😍😍. It's also medium-full coverage like it says. I normally build it up with 1&1/2-2 layers. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long lol. This is one item I wish I'd of listened to the hype on.. Legit, where have you been all my life?! Ulta, at Ulta...
Michelle B.
Valley, AL
Review for: Ivory - Fairest with Golden Undertones more...
Oh my gosh! After searching and searching for a foundation to replace the one I had been using for nearly 12 years, THIS IS THE WINNER!!! I was TOTALLY spoiled to the fact that I worked in the beauty industry and had the finest makeup at my disposal. Then..... discontinued! My favorite foundation was gone. I tried probably 20 different brands and types before I found this!
Here are the reasons I love it:
- I tend to have sensitive skin at times & this doesn't irritate my skin at all
- I am at the age where I am just starting to develop some dark "age spots" and the coverage is amazing!
- I stay VERY busy thru the day so I don't have time for touch-ups, this doesn't require any!
- I do have the occasional "hot-flash" & tend to have little sweat beads form on my nose, no problems there, I just blot with tissue and its fine!
- said hot flashes tend to make my face "dewey" ,I just blot with tissue and my foundation is still going strong! It doesn't melt away! And I also live in THE South where the humidity is the Devil!
It NEVER feels greasy or heavy, it never feels drying, the coverage is just amazing! I totally love this foundation!
Ashton B.
Ozark
Review for: Vanilla - Fair with Neutral Undertones more...
First of all, I LOVE Too Faced products! It was my go to staple for every day wear when it first came out. I love how It makes my skin look so dewy and fresh while managing to cover all of my skin imperfections. (I have many freckles and uneven spots!) The medium to full coverage makes my skin look FLAWLESS! I believe it’s perfect for those who have combination skin like myself. It hydrates my dry areas around my cheek and combats excessive oil that I tend to have throughout the day in my T Zone area. The pump dispenser is one of the better ones I have seen. It pumps out the right amount needed AND hasn’t clogged up on me!  The texture of it is exactly how I like it in that it isn’t too thick and creamy, but it isn’t runny either. It goes on extremely light too. The only con I have with this foundation is that it rubs off through out the day. I hate reapplying it!
 I Would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants a light foundation that has amazing coverage!!
Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage FoundationToo Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage Foundation
Holly M.
Metairie, LA
This foundation doesn’t work to great for my oily skin. It doesn’t last on my skin type. It looks flawless and amazing after being applied but after a couple hours of being on my face it looks absolutely horrible. I try to cake on as much powder as I can when I use this product because I know my oils are goIng to come right through and kill my whole look when I wear this foundation. AMAZING PRODUCT for people who don’t have oily skin. Coverage is okay, if you like a light semi matte coverage then this is the perfect foundation for you. I enjoy the peach foundation because it’s matte and works great on my skin. Wish they would drop a matte born this way, I would buy it all the time. Will not be repurchasing because it makes my skin look like crap. I gave it 3 stars because if I wouldn’t have oily skin and pigmentation then my skin would look nice with this product. Kinda pricy and don’t get a lot of product in the bottle. Wish Too Faced would launch more foundations for oily skin or a better lumi one that doesn’t make my skin look horrible. Will consider retrying this product once I finish changing up my skin care routine but until then, it’s just not a good look on me personally.
Shasha S.
Review for: Almond - Very Fair with Golden Undertones, Golden Beige - Light with Golden Undertones, Swan - Fairest With Neutral Undertones more...
I loveeee this product. Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.I love this top most brand.This is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.I bought this from macys,jcpenney,walmart stores and it is also available in other stores like Fred Meyer,target,walgreens many.......It gives soft texture on skin. I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.Its better to search for offers before buying.Have different shades of color for different skin tones.I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.I am kinda shopholic ;) so love to buy and try different products ,brands and shades.It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.It has smooth texture.I would definitely buy More n more n more...I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Marissa M.
Westland, MI
What is the best way to apply this? Buffing brush or beauty blender??
Laura M.
Watsonville, CA
Would this foundation work with oily skin?
Melinda W.
What kind of coverage does this foundation give? Also is it worth the price?
Hailey D.
Cumberland, RI
I prefer a matte finish and I hate feeling greasy or cakey. I also have very pale skin and have trouble finding the perfect shade. Is this product worth the price for what I am looking for?
Greta T.
Would this product work for dry skin?