Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY TOO FACED #5 in Liquid Foundation

Born This Way is an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can’t see the makeup and you can’t see imperfections—all that’s left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were Born This Way.

Details:

This revolutionary foundation is infused with a potent combination of Coconut Water to naturally replenish moisture levels; nature’s resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity and Hyaluronic Acid for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Let them think you were Born This Way.

MORE TO LOVE:

• Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
  • Oil-free
  • Coconut Water helps delicately replenish skin’s moisture levels without overhydrating—for the look of radiant skin
  • Infused with the resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity
  • Hyaluronic Acid helps balance skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance
  • APPLICATION TIP: For medium coverage, apply a small amount from the center of the face outward and blend with fingertips, sponge, or brush. Build to full coverage by layering as needed.
  • 1.0 oz

Ingredients/Ingrédients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isododecane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Cocos Nucifera Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Rhododendron Ferrugineum Extract, Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Lecithin, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Vegan-friendly *Formulated without parabens

• Would this product work for dry skin?28 Answers
  • What are your preferences? High end makeup or drugstore?17 Answers
  • I have always wanted to try this foundation. Is it good for EXTRE...6 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Lis H.
Review for: Pearl - Very Fair with Rosy Undertones more...
This is a good foundation, not my absolute favorite, but definitely not bad.
The consistency is a bit thick when you first pump it out of the bottle, but it does not look thick or cakey when applied to the skin. The coverage is decent, a good medium to full, and you can build it up easily to full coverage if you need to. Personally I like it with one layer at a medium coverage. There is no scent so I appreciate that as well.
I made to mistake of purchasing a color that was too dark for me, though the color descriptions could do with some updating. I bought the shade Pearl thinking it would match my "very fair" skin. Pearl is definitely more for someone who matches to colors like "light" or "light beige". The undertones throughout the line also seem VERY golden. I'm a neutral undertone so I can usually get away with tones that run a bit more pink or a bit more golden without any issue. However if you are very cool-toned/pink-toned this foundation may be too golden for you, even though some shade descriptions will say they are "for rosy undertones".
Mixing this foundation with lighter-colored coverage products or products like liquid highlighters to give a more glowy appearance to my skin has not gone well. The foundation seems to break down throughout the day easily when mixed with other products and I'm not sure why. Don't know if there is an oil-water ingredient contrast between the 4-5 other products I've tried to mix in with this foundation or if it's just the foundation.
I'd purchase this again because it is a good foundation, however I will need to go into the store and match myself to their newer expanded pale-friendly shades.

Alyssa V.
Pawtucket, RI
Review for: Natural Beige - Light Medium with Neutral Undertones more...
If this had more coverage I would have gave it 5 Stars. I love most Too Faced products and have been wanting to try this for a while now but was always put off by lack of coverage reviews. This starts off as medium coverage and is flawlessly buildable to a full coverage with a beautiful, natural satin finish.

The formula is more on the thin side and is on the “thin/liquidy” side but is thick enough where it’s not super runny as you dot your face. The best way to build is to allow about 20 seconds between layering the applications to let the first coat set and keep your sponge/brush from picking up excess product.

It truly keeps your skin moisturized with the added coconut water and helps repel creases, and cakiness. This has never oxidized on me and lasts 12+ hours even in the Summer heat and has never caused my combination skin to break out. I set this with Becca Soft Light Setting Powder then finish with Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Stay In Place pressed powder.

If you’re looking for a true full coverage foundation you will be disappointed, I will never wear this foundation without concealer so you should try Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Liquid foundation or Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Liquid foundation instead. Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage Foundation

I have had to play around with different primers to keep this from sinking into my pores and have found Urban Decay Optical Illusion Complexion Primer, Too Faced Primer And Poreless, and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer works best opposed to Benefit’s Porefessional and MUFE Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer.
Mel X.
Review for: Light Beige - Light with Neutral Undertones more...
I heard so many rave reviews of this foundation that I decided I had to try it myself, but I found pretty quickly that there were two areas where it fell short.

First, I have combination skin where my T-zone is VERY oily but the outer rim of my face can get very dry. This foundation sits very nicely on the drier outer parts, but on my forehead and nose, I've found that this foundation breaks up very quickly, no matter what primer or setting products I use. It does have a nice natural finish that doesn't give a "I'm wearing sooo much makeup" look, but if you have any texture or more-than-normal oil, that might work against you.

Secondly, the undertones across the line don't work perfectly on very yellow skin. I have light but very yellow-undertoned skin. Too Faced is supposed to be very good at undertone inclusivity, and I have had many friends with yellow or golden tones find their holy grails in Too Faced, but I find that even the foundations with "golden" listed as an undertone have been slightly too pink on me. This is a point that I am maybe a little pickier than most on, but if you have "Asian" or yellowy skin, you might want to be careful.

There are definitely pros, however; this foundation is very lightweight, and on normal or slightly dry skin I can see this being amazing. Powders and other makeup items play well on top of it, not moving around too much or looking strange. It doesn't oxidize heavily, so the color you swatch will for the most part be what you get. Overall, I would recommend this.
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Review for: Golden Beige - Light with Golden Undertones more...
There was a lot in the sample, but I'm not sure I'll try it again: the foundation is already really loose, and while my moisturizer is actually a bit thicker, I'm not sure it'll help much (I like adding moisturizer to my liquid foundation). It had a smell I didn't like either, but the worst was the way it performed. I used it over the last of a primer that is amazing and gives me a soft, supple face while reducing lines, pores, and texture. A little goes a long way, but it started looking cakey where I needed to build up some extra coverage. It also emphasized my texture despite the primer, and that emphases got worse through the day until you could see it just standing in front of me (seriously, my skin looked terrible after 5 hours of wear). AND I could feel this one on my skin: not just on my face, but when I touched my face. Other foundations have felt soft (even  FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation which also failed because of emphasizing texture) and close to skin-like. Not this one. I think 5 or 6 hours of wear is more than enough to know this stuff is soooo not for me.
Kibibi T.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Review for: Light Beige - Light with Neutral Undertones more...
I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. When my skin is PERFECT, this foundation looks flawless. However, if I have any texture, this emphasizes it like crazy with a beauty blender or brush. It has a weird tacky consistency that makes it goopy when layered on top thickly or layered over a primer/moisturizer that is thicker than a serum. If you have little to no texture, you will probably love this. I feel like it works well with oily or dry skin, as long as skin is prepped properly. This works best when it’s not built up and it still gives pretty great coverage. You will definitely need to set this, as it is pretty creamy and natural-finished. For sensitive skin, beware: the first time I tried this, my face broke out in a massive rash. I’ve had no problem with my other HG too faced foundation (peach perfect) which is also scented, so it must be something strange about this formula. If you feel the same way about Born this way as I do, give peach perfect a shot. It’s a better value money wise and it smooths out all imperfections!
Sabrina N.
Beaumont , CA
Review for: Vanilla - Fair with Neutral Undertones more...
For all my oily faced girls out there, this ones for you! I have extremely oily skin. I can literally do my makeup and in a couple of hours my face will look like I went a little crazy with the highlighter. This foundation, however, doesn’t do that to my skin. The consistency of the foundation is smooth and very easy to work with. I pump a bit of the product on the back of my hand, dab a couple spots on my face and my beauty blender goes to work. I do like the flawless look, so I usually do two coats and I’m good to go. Even with a couple of layers on my face, this foundations leaves me with a matte finish of up to 4-5 hours before I start seeing shiny spots. Of course, after a while you will see oily spots but nothing an oil blotting sheet can’t fix! Remember ladies, PRIMER IS KEY TO A MATTE LOOK, so make sure you’re always using a primer that works best for you.Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage Foundation
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Vanilla - Fair with Neutral Undertones more...
I absolutely love this foundation in the original formula and I really bet I'd like the oil free one too. I have extremely oily skin but i was sick of matte foundations because they look like a dead skin mask on my skin. Like a concealer mask. And it's not realistic looking or pretty off camera in real life like a lot of trends going on today like the dip brow and the instabrow.
I do my foundation properly. I use a full coverage concealer on my bad areas and use a med coverage on the rest so that my skin can look as real and pretty and healthy and natural as possible.
But still with a flat matte it just doesn't look its best until ive oiled it up enough to look a little better and I want to look good all day not just the end half when I have to touch up my makeup anyway.
I have super high standards for my makeup. I don't fall for hype and i expect that if I'm spending that kind of money on high end makeup that it blow my mind.
I have some favorites like Dior Forever, Mufe mat velvet, hourglass liquid foundation and lancome teint idole stick but as I said I wanted a more dewy finish.
So I tried this and I was scared of a dewy finish which is exactly how this is described by the company because it's said to make you more oily. And let me tell you I'm about as oily as one can be. It's bad. But with mattifying products it helped.
Its an amazing foundation. It has great coverage without looking like a mask. It feels like its barely there so its so comfortable. It lasts all day long which is amazing because when I say I'm oily I mean if I wash my face I can fill up 3 to 4 large blotting sheets every hour after that. Mattifying products can only take me so far.
But even before those when I was using this with just the cover fx blemish control mattifying primer that didn't do much for my oil control it still lasted all day long with minimal touch ups needed after about 6 to 8 hours and that's amazing for me. I think because its oil based it was able to stay despite my oil better than a matte foundation.
I'm in love. This is everything that you could want in a foundation.
If you used this and hated it and you didn't use a primer you didn't give it a fair chance. Its just like painting a car. Its going to look horrible and the paint (foundation) won't live up to its full potential without a great base coat (primer) so invest in one. That's mua rule number one.
Overall I recommend this to every one of every skin type.
Only purchase from too faced, sephora or Macy's or other high end authorized retailers or you will be buying a fake because that's just the way it goes. They may have similar packaging but that's where the similarities will end. It will never be the same formula and that goes for all high end beauty. Even resellers who act like its theirs on resell sites like posh mark and ebay are usually just selling a fake they bought off ali express so unless they are willing to show you thwy bought it which they can easily so by signing in on that companies website just save your money and buy thw real thing.
Zalak S.
Parsippany, NJ
Review for: Sand - Medium with Golden Undertones more...
I had been on the look out for the perfect foundation and I think I finally found one. I recently read up on reviews for this foundation and read pretty much all good things. And then went into Sephora to try on the correct shade. I told the lady that I want something that’ll stay all day, give me that natural look. Because I don’t do that much heavy make up on a daily. My basic, to go make up is foundation, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. So I definitely wanted something that wouldn’t look as pigmented, but would also be perfect for a night out. And after reviewing the reviews and actually trying It out, I decided to just buy It for myself as a early Christmas gift. I tried It on today and I absolutely love It. It stayed on all day, gave me a nice, matte and natural look finish that I wanted. I even got a few compliments at work which is always better. Definitely going to be my permanent foundation from now on.
PS totally ignore my dark circles in the picture. I didn’t put on concealer as I wanted to find out how much of coverage just the foundation gives and It actually pretty good with a neutral tone. I would not mind if I were to get this from someone this Christmas. No harm in stocking up or having extra make up 🙃 #giftcrush
Valerie M.
Review for: Porcelain - Very Fair with Neutral Undertones more...
Holy grail of foundations!! I was so impressed by the application, coverage, AND finish of this foundation. I purchased it because I kept seeing beauty bloggers using it and had to see if it was worth the hype. Now, you have to understand, with the exception of Kat Von D lock it foundation, which I didnt like, I have never spent more that $12 on a foundation so this was a leap of faith for me - I'm in LOVE.

I tried the beauty blender, stipple brush, oval brushes, and applying with my hands and hands definitely won out. If you have normal or dry skin, warming the foundation up in your hands provides a much more youthful and dewy application. This foundation has a WIDE array of colors to choose from and undertones as well!

BUY IT! <3
valerie m.
Sulphur Spgs, TX
Review for: Warm Sand - Tan with Golden Undertones more...
I️ am so in love with this foundation!! I️ have extremely oily skin so I️ have to be careful when using this foundation because it can make you oily super fast! I️ usually use the too faced hangover primer, put the foundation on, set it with setting spray, set it with powder, set it with spray again, do the rest of my makeup, press a little more powder in my oily zones, and then spray my whole face one more time!! It sounds like a lot but it only takes about an extra 2 mins and it’s definitely worth it! My skin hates me so it’s extremely hard to find a foundation that doesn’t emphasize my texture and this foundation is just so beautiful on the skin! You can sheer it out or build it up for more full coverage. I’m almost out and will definitely be repurchasing it
Marissa M.
Livonia, MI
What is the best way to apply this? Buffing brush or beauty blender??
Laura M.
Watsonville, CA
Would this foundation work with oily skin?
Melinda W.
What kind of coverage does this foundation give? Also is it worth the price?
Hailey D.
Cumberland, RI
I prefer a matte finish and I hate feeling greasy or cakey. I also have very pale skin and have trouble finding the perfect shade. Is this product worth the price for what I am looking for?
Greta T.
Would this product work for dry skin?