Too Faced Born This Way Medium-to-Full Coverage FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY TOO FACED #7 in Liquid Foundation

Born This Way is an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can’t see the makeup and you can’t see imperfections—all that’s left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were Born This Way.

Details:

This revolutionary foundation is infused with a potent combination of Coconut Water to naturally replenish moisture levels; nature’s resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity and Hyaluronic Acid for a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Let them think you were Born This Way.

MORE TO LOVE:

• Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
  • Oil-free
  • Coconut Water helps delicately replenish skin’s moisture levels without overhydrating—for the look of radiant skin
  • Infused with the resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity
  • Hyaluronic Acid helps balance skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance
  • APPLICATION TIP: For medium coverage, apply a small amount from the center of the face outward and blend with fingertips, sponge, or brush. Build to full coverage by layering as needed.
  • 1.0 oz

Ingredients/Ingrédients: Water (Aqua) (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isododecane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Magnesium Sulfate, Diphenyl Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Cocos Nucifera Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Rhododendron Ferrugineum Extract, Alcohol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Lecithin, Pistacia Lentiscus (Mastic) Gum, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Vegan-friendly *Formulated without parabens

• I have always wanted to try this foundation. Is it good for EXTRE...4 Answers
  • Would this product work for dry skin?26 Answers
  • I would like to use the product! Is it worth it?4 Answers
Victoria F.
Victoria F.
Daytona Beach, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a review from my blog, The Whimsical Chick.

Let me start this off by saying: I am a makeup fanatic. I watch beauty guru Youtube videos as I eat breakfast, do my face up every day, and am always on the lookout for new products to try. However, it can be frustrating trying out cool new products, when so many of them clash with my oily skin, and cause me to get large, cystic pimples. Foundation in particular is a product that often does this. I have learned over the years that just because a product says “For All Skin Types”, doesn’t make it true! Yeah, it’s technically safe to put on your skin, but it doesn’t mean your skin will like it. So, when I do find a product that goes great with my oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, I want to shout it from the rooftops! And that, dear readers, is exactly what happened when I tried Too Faced’s “Born This Way” foundation.

I was at Sephora, browsing around for a new foundation. My new MAC foundation made me break out, so that wasn’t a keeper. I normally decline when sale reps at Sephora try to help me, but today I figured it wouldn’t hurt. After all, I seemed to have picked out a lot of duds recently; perhaps an employee would be able to help. I told the man about how oily my skin gets, and about how easily products make me break out. I even mentioned that I get some pretty gnarly cystic pimples, just so that he would understand the severity of the situation. He bee-lined for the Too Faced section, and came back with their Born This Way foundation. He explained to me that it is oil free, and instead contains coconut water to moisturize the skin. This peaked my interest; I often skip moisturizer in the morning because of how oily my skin is. Most moisturizers make me break out, but I’ve been keeping an eye out for one that would keep my skin healthy looking without irritating the skin. The sales rep applied the foundation, and I instantly fell in love. It melded perfectly with my skin, blurred my blemishes, and managed to look completely natural while still giving a good amount of coverage. Typically, I sacrifice natural looking makeup for full coverage, but this was the best of both worlds.

The foundation also felt really light on my skin, which I really loved. I decided to get it, and crossed my fingers that it would seem just as good once I got home. I couldn’t resist taking a few Snapchat pictures on the way home.😉
Once I was home, I decided to cleanse my face, and reapply foundation on my own. I went for a fuller coverage finish this time, as that is how I prefer my foundation. I also applied Too Faced Hangover Primer, which also used coconut water. The two products worked really well together, and made my face look amazing! Here are some before and after pics. (see blog)

The lighting in my bathroom doesn’t make me look as bronzy as the snapchat pictures, but I still love the way the foundation blurs out my redness, while still looking natural.

After wearing this foundation for a while, I definitely think it’s one of the best I’ve ever used. It looks natural, makes my skin looks great, and doesn’t break me out! I would definitely recommend giving this a try if you have oily, sensitive skin. It’s $39, a bit on the pricey side, but is cheaper than trying out multiple foundations that don’t work!
Kayla G.
Kayla G.
Brewerton, NY
Alot of the reviewers (with oily skin) are bashing this product because it doesn't work on their skin. Everyone's skin reacts differenty to the product and this truly is a hit or miss for consumers with oily skin. On normal to dry skin, this is a holy grail product (my friends love this also)
I suffer from oily skin and hyperpigmentation (from acne) and I absolutely LOVE this foundation. 1 1/2 pumps all over my face and I can't see the hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and forehead. NO CONCEALER NEEDED.

This is my routine:
1. Wash my face with my Clean and Clear cleanser.
2. moisturize my face with Aveeno.
3. Prime my face with Mac Matte (priming your face is so important)
4. Apply foundation with a brush. ( a brush application works better for me because of my hyperpigmentation)
5. set the face with a powder ( I use the Make Up Forever brand)

I went to the Banff Hot Springs with my friends in August. I rushed with the makeup, taking less than 5 mins to apply it - only put on primer, foundation and powder - because my friend arrived earlier than expected. She came at 9am instead of the planned 930; and we all know that the makeup aplication process takes time.
I forgot to take the makeup with me and was dreading to go to the springs because I didn't want to walk around Banff with no makeup.
I WAS IN THE HOT TUB FOR 2 HOURS AND MY MAKEUP DIDNT BUDGE!!!
It rained a bit and the makeup around my forehead started to come off ( i kept pushing my hair back into my bun, and to get the water drops away from my face) so that was my fault.

I got home around midnight; the longevity of the foundation was astounding. I had the foundation on for 15 hours and I still looked amazing (minus the bit on the forehead.)
15 hours!!! ON OILY SKIN!!!! That's incredible!!!
This truly is an amazing product; I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask (like with other foundations) and this is now my go-to product.
I've recommended this product to all my friends including those who are make up artists and they also swear by it.

Sorry for the long comment, but I hope you guys enjoyed
Ashley E.
Ashley E.
Okemos, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I asked for a sample of this at my local Ulta in the shade Nude. The color matched perfectly. The first day I tried it, I was on the paler side. I then used a self tanner, and then sampled the foundation again the next day and it still matched well. So that is a plus. The first day sampling, I primed with Benefit Porefessional, applied a generous amount of foundation with a Beauty Blender, then set my t-zone with Laura Mercier Setting Powder. The area with the setting powder almost immediately settled in my pores. I had little dots all over my face where they foundation settled. I also felt like this melted off by lunch time (probably because I was trying to get rid of the white dots). The second day (now with self tanner), I applied the Porefessional primer, with a light application of foundation, and did not set with powder. This was the best result by far. I really like the way this looked, but again, I felt that the foundation was gone by lunch. I tried it for a third day, with the same primer, light application of foundation, and then I tried setting this with LM powder again (because I wasn't sure if it was the setting powder or heavy foundation application). There was some settling of foundation in my large pores, but not nearly as noticeable as on the first day. It looked nice and you couldn't really tell that there was settling unless you were like 2 inches from my face. I feel like this look lasted later into the afternoon, but was gone by the time I get home. I wouldn't say this is a full coverage foundation by any means. More light to medium (if you build it). This also transfers easily. even after a two hours of wear it was coming off like it was just applied and still wet. I have dry skin and occasionally oily t-zone for reference. I do like the packaging.
Logan A.
Logan A.
Jacksonville, FL
If you have oily skin DO NOT purchase this product! I learned the hard way that oil-free does not equal matte. This product uses coconut water to hydrate the skin while you're wearing it, which just exacerbates my already oily skin. After 2-3 hours of wearing it even in normal weather (70-75 degrees) this foundation is melting off my face and lifting from my T-zone despite all the mattifying primers, powders, and setting sprays I use with it. It says that it is buildable medium-full coverage but as someone with lots of red marks left over from previous acne, I find myself having to use 3-4 pumps even with a color correcting primer underneath, which is just a waste of an expensive foundation. After switching to this foundation I started to break out like crazy and I only just realized that this was the cause. I've taken to mixing it with my Sephora brand foundation, which I'm almost out of, to keep my skin from reacting too horribly to it and so I can use as little as possible until I can get back to Sephora to return it.

I refrained from giving this one star because I will say that when I used this in colder weather (55-65 degrees) while in Paris the foundation tended to stay on much better, but by the end of the day it still left me very oily. It would probably be a good foundation for oily gals in winter, but avoid the hell out of it in the summer, especially if you tend to sweat as well!
Abigail B.
Abigail B.
Silsbee, TX
First let me start by saying I love this foundation ! I realize that a lot of with oily skin are really unhappy with the foundation saying it makes them super oily and doesn't have much staying powder . Well I live in Florida where the humidity is very high and usually 90 degrees on an average day . Mix heat , humidity and oily skin and you have utter chaos . The trick with this foundation is the right primer . I recommend makeup forever mattifying primer although any mattifying primer will do . Then apply the foundation and set it with a good mattifying powder such as Rimmel stay matte from the drug store or Laura mercier translucent powder . After you are all done with your makeup I always recommend a good makeup setting spray. Urban decay de slick is an amazing one . This foundation stayed all day on my super oily skin . I only gave it 4 out of five stars because I do need to touch up my face after a few hours . I apply this foundation with a flat top kabuki brush . I find that the Beaty blender makes the coverage to sheer . The coverage of this foundation is medium coverage that's buildable to full coverage . It really goes on smooth and gives my skin such a flawless look. I get compliments on my skin everyone I wear this .
Alexa M.
Alexa M.
Oakton, VA
I have dry, acne prone skin and I had been searching for a foundation that didn't break me out of look cakey, but had good coverage. I had tried countless full-coverage foundations and then I finally purchased this product in the shade Pearl. Pearl is an amazing color for anyone with fair skin that easily gets washed out by fair foundations. It may seem a bit dark/yellow, but it works perfectly for me. I was a bit surprised when I first used it because form the product description I was under the impression that the coverage wouldn't be great and I was so wrong!! It's extremely buildable and it looks very natural - they live up to the promise of this looking like your natural skin. I also really like how it's in a pump since it makes application much easier. I've read that some people struggle with the application of this with a brush, so I would recommend using a makeup sponge; my friend was having issues applying it with a brush so I told her to use a sponge and it worked! I honestly can't say enough good things about this foundation and I'll probably just stick to this for as long as I can.
Kylie B.
Kylie B.
Milwaukee, WI
I love this product. I have oily skin, and I still gave this product a try and it turned out to be my all time favorite foundation ever... EVER!
It makes your face looks luminous and you really do glow. A little goes a long way and it has full coverage. I have blotchy redness over my face and one layer covers it all. You don't need concealer, or color correctors.
Going onto the oily skin problem. There are some VERY simple ways to counteract this. I using prep with a primer before I put on the foundation. What I do after I put the foundation on is set it with translucent setting powder around the areas of my face that get oily. That always fixes the problem for me. I would definitely say: Do NOT be afraid to try this foundation if you have oily skin! I did and it was the best makeup decision I've made. I didn't have to touch it up. I didn't have to blot oils off my face. Nothing. It's perfect.
The only thing you should be worried about is the amount of strangers that will come up and complimenting how beautiful your complexion is because it is THAT NATURAL LOOKING!
Madeline O.
Madeline O.
Bellwood, IL
I have acne scars, acne, dry skin and eczema and very light skin. I've never splurged on high end makeup and I've always used drugstore makeup, such as the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy foundation and my match was 110.
I find it hydrating without being oily and it is oil free but also infused with coconut water. My shade was spot on, I am in shade Snow.
I find that it works best with a good primer and to match with the Coconut, I like to use the Marc Jacobs Undercover Perfecting Coconut Face Primer and it goes on like a dream, however it is tricky not to cake on the foundation since its thick, so I like to do a thin layer and use a Nars Radiance Concealer in Vanilla to spot conceal and if it's a super hot day, set it in with a powder and a setting spray.
I am completely in love with this foundation and I hope they never discontinue it or reformulate it because I love it so much! The coverage it provides is unreal! My face looks so healthy and I've actually see my skin improving the more I use this holy grail foundation.
I cannot wait to get my hands on the new concealers!
Mina M.
Mina M.
Raleigh, NC
Prior to purchasing this product I wore only concealer and a powder foundation both because that's what I've been doing for almost eight years now and I thought it was a lot of work to put liquid foundation on every day. But I decided to switch up my routine and bought the Too Faced Born This Way foundation in the shade Snow on Saturday. I have worn it every day since then and am INCREDIBLY pleased with it. I have skin that leans toward dry on most days so I was concerned with finding a product that didn't end up looking flaky by the end of the day. The wonderful women of Sephora (I don't know what I would do without them) helped me by recommending this foundation in particular and as per usual they hit the nail on the head. Not only does the Born This Way foundation have full coverage that lasts all day and doesn't flake but they also have a wide variety of shades for us super fair skinned people. The shade I selected matches perfectly and gives me a flawless look. I couldn't be happier with my purchase and look forward to using this product for a long time.
lauren a.
lauren a.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really like this product i have had it for over a year now and it is always my go to foundation for a natural flawless looking base. I don't find its heavy on my skin its more medium to buildable coverage. Its a nice base to any look it does last for hours even on hot humid summer days. The color selection is good i found my shade in one bottle instead of having to mix foundations like so many other brands. The bottle is really pretty i love having on my vanity to look at. I find its not to expensive for what it does its more on the affortable side. The foundation it self doesn't crease on me and i do set it with powder but even if i don't it doesn't seattle into any fine lines or pores doesn't break up in any areas either. I fond it covers up well but if you want more full coverage your going to have to put two layers on whitch isn't a big deal you wont look cakey or over done it has a very natural finish to it. I don't find myself breaking out with this foundation. I personal love toofaced and most of there products and of course this is a hit in my book.
Marissa M.
Marissa M.
Livonia, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is the best way to apply this? Buffing brush or beauty blender??
Laura M.
Laura M.
Watsonville, CA
Would this foundation work with oily skin?
Melinda W.
Melinda W.
What kind of coverage does this foundation give? Also is it worth the price?
Hailey D.
Hailey D.
Cumberland, RI
I prefer a matte finish and I hate feeling greasy or cakey. I also have very pale skin and have trouble finding the perfect shade. Is this product worth the price for what I am looking for?
Greta T.
Greta T.
Would this product work for dry skin?