Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
BY TOO FACED
4.25 / 5 based on 7,354 Reviews
Go ahead and cry happy tears, Better Than Sex Mascara is now WATERPROOF! Our iconic hourglass-shaped brush unlocks the volumizing formula that thickens, lengthens and curls for the most extreme, mind-blowing lashes. One coat and lashes are full, defined, and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and lashes look even more luscious, curled, and dramatic. Three coats and you’ve achieved the most intense, voluminous, waterproof lashes possible!
MORE TO LOVE:
- High-performance, water-resistant polymers for waterproof, play-proof, all day wear
- Porcelain flower extract to moisturize and condition lashes
- Unique peptides for the deepest, intense black possible
- Hourglass-shaped brush unlocks the collagen-fueled formula
- 1,944% More Volume!**
- 97%* saw intense volume and length.
- 94%* said this mascara stays put all day.
- 8.0 mL / 0.27 Fl. Oz
- *Consumer Study Results
- **results observed in an in vitro study
Isododecane, Paraffin, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Beeswax/Cera Alba/ Cire d'Abeille, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/ Cire De Carnauba, Polybutene, Water/Aqua/Eau, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyquaternium-7, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Hoya Lacunosa Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Iron Oxides (CI 77499).see more...
Top Questions See all 4,971 Q&A
Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
- "If you are looking for a good waterproof mascara, look no further! This is the perfect one. It offers your lashes tons of volume and length without being clumpy. Love this!" in 764 reviews
- "Amazing!! I always loved the original BTS mascara but the only thing I did not like about the Original was that I touch my lashes a lot and that would create fall out under my eyes and make me look like a raccoon. The water proof one does not do that at all. I went hot tubbing and it did not smudge and I touched my lashes a bunch as well and they stayed curled and stayed black! I am very impressed! My new fave!" in 558 reviews
- "This mascara....ugh where do I begin!! I have used this mascara since it very first came out. I love it! it is a trusted companion in my makeup collection. of all the different mascaras I have, this is the one I so often reach for when I am doing my make up. it is long lasting and it makes my lashes look defined and like I have on falsies! " in 225 reviews
- "This is my ALL TIME FAV mascara! It holds a curl and really lengthens your lashes! It also is extremely waterproof and will not come off in the water!! Definitely recommend this!" in 210 reviews
I am a huge fan of the regular Better Than Sex mascara, but the waterproof formula is another story. I didn't think this formula held up as well as the regular one and I definitely don't think it's very water proof. This mascara transferred onto my eyelids later into the night while wearing it during a hot humid day, but yet the regular formula never ever did that. The waterproof formula also flaked A LOT throughout the day. I definitely prefer the regular version of this mascara and would not recommend going for the waterproof version.
The formula is too dry for me. I tend to prefer a wetter mascara I guess. It doesn't effect how it applies and it actually looks decent on. It clumps a little more than the non-waterproof version, but that sometimes happens. The thing is there are other brands with waterproof mascaras that have the consistency I prefer and less clumping. I probably won't re-purchase this for myself. If you like a drier mascara though and want it waterproof - this is one you should give a go.
I love the applicator and formula on this, after a while it does start to get clumpy and I get scared to use it in fears itll ruin my makeup. If i were to repurchase, I'd definitely get the sample size because after it starts thickening up, it's almost empty so it doesn't ever clump like the full size does! If i use one coat of a different mascara first I find my full size one does preform better.
I was excited to try this because the original Better Than Sex is my favorite mascara. I was disappointed in this product though. It clumped up and made my eyelashes stick together. It was not a flattering look.
I had high expectations for this mascara. It's very clumpy and the wand is a bad design. It takes a long time to dry and once applied my eyelashes stick together and make a mess. My eyelashes are already long but the heavy feel of the mascara makes them feel fake and irritating. Also, really difficult to remove with my regular makeup remover. Makes my eyes and skin really irritated where I'm not usually as sensitive. I typically skip this brand because of all the hassle. It might be great for someone else.
Review for: Black more...
Love this mascara! Fullness, volume, length, color. All that you want in a mascara plus it's waterproof. Sleek perfect packaging with adorable water drops on a beautiful container. Thick heavy duty want with bristles that lift and fan. Great price. They usually run a promo as well. I bought this from too faced website along with the mascara melt off to remove it and another AMAZING product. I own so many too faced products. Slaying it too faced!
I heard a lot of good things about this mascara sooo I decided to try it, and of course cause it's water proof I buy anything that's water proof just cause I HATE the smudge. So I went into Sephora and bought one went home took off the one I had from cover girl and as soon as I put one coat I fell in love. Super smooth, and left my lashes looking fabulous and the good thing it's that I only needed one coat but I live dramatic sooo I ended up putting two more. That same week I went back to Sephora and bought 2 more!
I was ride-or-die in love with Benefits They're Real mascara until I got my hands on this! Seriously the most volumizing and lengthening mascara ever. This stuff stays put all day long (and I work in a hospital!) and gives me the look of false lashes. I will say, I notice best results when I brush my lashes before hand to prevent any clumping. This mascara is #1 on my list!
I love this mascara. It's lightweight, does not clump, and best of all - waterproof. Sure if you rub your eyes while in the shower you look like a ~raccoon~, but isn't that the norm? A cool feature of the tube is the texture. It looks like it's wet, and isn't. The "water" droplets are 3D. It's a little on the expensive side, but definitely worth the money you'll shell out.
This mascara has stopped me from wearing falsies daily. I have long, downward pointing lashes and most mascaras cause them to not hold a curl. This mascara holds a curl flawlessly all day. Since it is waterproof it is a little tricky trying to remove it and I do wish it added a bit more volume to my lashes but it's amazing for everyday wear or even for special occasions, I love using this on brides.
Q & A
What make up remover works best for y'all in removing this waterproof mascara?
Is this mascara really hard to remove from eyelashes?
Does this mascara smudge beneath the eyes like the non-waterproof version does?
Is this a good actual waterproof mascara ? Because I have water eyes & I need something that won't make me look like a raccoon. Also if it is a good waterproof mascara how hard is it to take it off?
Is this mascara better or the tarteist by tarte mascara?! I need to get one Asap but I can't decide which! 😓 help..
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos