BY TOO FACED #9 in Mascara

Created during a holy grail quest to find a truly buildable mascara, Better Than Sex provides extreme volume and a more dramatic look with each coat. One coat of the carbon black, collagen-fueled formula and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled, and dramatic. Three coats and achieve the most intense black, oversized, multidimensional lashes possible! The Hourglass-Shaped brush unlocks the formula to create the perfect mascara that volumizes, lifts and coats both tops and bottoms of every little lash—with no lash left behind. A mascara so amazing…it’s Better Than Sex!

Details:

• 93% saw base-to-tip curl**
  • 8 out of 10 say it’s the best mascara they’ve ever used**
  • 3.4 out of 10 say great lashes are better than sex**
  • 3.1 out of 10 agree that this mascara is so good, it’s better than sex**
  • *results observed in an in vitro study
  • **results observed in a consumer study.

Water/aqua/eau, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007). *Vegan-friendly *Formulated without parabens

• What’s your go-to mascara? Mine is the Too Faced Better T...230 Answers
  • Is it worth the price and is there waterproof?100 Answers
  • I'm interested in this mascara since I've seen it on yout...653 Answers
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
  • "Love love love this mascara... Can't stop using it from the time I got it..... Perfect match for length and volume" in 9068 reviews
  • "This is my favorite mascara that I've used so far. As long as you wipe the excess mascara off, it won't clump when applying it. It does a great job lengthening and volumizing my short lashes and holds a curl." in 2772 reviews
  • "This stuff is MAGIC. I own it in black and I do not believe that it is waterproof. I cannot get enough. I tried a mini that came in a gift set, and then I needed to head out immedietly to buy a full size. It is a drier formula mascara that builds so well (it is very similar to Maybelline The Falsies in formula) I really like the brush on this mascara, the slightly ball-shaped tip makes it very easy to do detailed lash work. This mascara lasted all day on me with no smudges and removed very easily. " in 2382 reviews
  • "This is the ONLY mascara for me! I love the volume and thickness it gives my lashes. It does not clump and it stays on all day long without having to reapply ever. You wont regret buying this mascara! So worth it. Also it lasts a long time. Usually a drug store mascara lasts a month. This mascara comes in a huge tube and lasts double that time so it is very worth the price!" in 1424 reviews
Asha A.
Oakdale , MN
This is my holy grail drugstore mascara, bar none. If you were disappointed in its sister mascara in the black tube, you need to try this. It's freaking perfect. I love how thin the formula is! It starts to thicken up about 5 weeks into use, but you can still work with it really easily. I buy this every 6 weeks. This mascara is a dupe for the Benefit Roller Lash, and, honestly, I think it's even better. This mascara separates, lengthens, and adds volume to my lashes WITHOUT clumping my lashes! If you hate clumps but love "Are those falsies?" lashes, try this mascara. The formula is lightweight an thin but is really easily buildable (Once this dries and sets, it's hard to build on, but I always have enough time to work with it). You can get no-makeup-looking lashes, straight-up falsies, or anything in between. I've cried (like, really cried) with this on, and it looked no different afterward. AND IT WASHES OFF LIKE A DREAM. I seriously don't even use eye makeup remover. You could use it, but you honestly don't need to. To best remove the mascara, wet your lashes a couple times with warm water, and slowly and GENTLY rub your fingers from the base of your lashes to the tips. Act like you're doing the whole "world's smallest violin" bit, and the mascara will start to come off in flakes/tubes. It's the weirdest thing, but it works, and it saves my lashes! I hardly ever lose a lash when I take off this mascara, and I would lose at least one almost every time I used eye makeup remover with other mascaras. To apply this or any mascara best, brush out your lashes with an old mascara wand or spoolie before applying the product. I use the shorter side of this wand every day for my bottom lashes and for when I want a natural look on my top lashes, and I use the thicker side when I want a more dramatic look. This mascara is honestly an all-in-one product from the makeup gods.
Brida F.
Seattle, WA
I know I'm probably THE last person in the beauty community to jump on this particular band wagon, but OH. MY. GOODNESS. I'm a convert! This little beauty, Too Better Than Sex mascara, came with my gorgeous new friend, the White Chocolate Bar, as a free gift. And what a gift she is. I tried it for the first time this morning and, as usual on morning where we are going out, it was hectic getting an 18month old washed, fed, dressed AND entertained whilst we were getting ready ourselves. THIS is my new mama's helper! Recently I've been spending what seems like an eternity on my lashes in the morning because all 3 of the mascaras I had on the go were on their last legs. This morning, I kid you not, ONE SWIPE and BOOM! I always think the "one coat" claims are BS but I swear not in this case. My lashes seemee to have curled themselves and were completely covered and long and black and separate in ONE COAT. No lie. And the bottom lashes turned out perfectly as well. I am honestly beyond impressed with this mascara. My husband thought I had lashes on! I am 100% sold on this. L'oréal Telescopic Carbon Black in still the best mascara you can get in the drugstore - but this is the best mascara you can get over all. And I am FUSSY about mascara, seriously. I have found three in my life that I actually like (the L'oréal one, Benefit Roller Lash & now this one), and many I would refuse to use at all. I don't have enough words to praise this mascara. The hype is real - I am absolutely shook! Is it better than sex? That's subjective. But it's certainly better than any other mascara.
Nallely W.
This is one of my favorite mascaras. I have pretty short and sparse lashes and this gives my lashes the volume and length that I want without looking too clumpy or spidery. It just makes my lashes look better than they do when I use other mascaras.

It also doesn’t smudge or transfer throughout the day. Sometimes with other mascara I’ll notice that it smudges on my eyelids or the area under my eyes will look slightly darker. This mascara lasts all day and still looks great, even in hot and humid weather.

The reason I took off one star is because the formula is really wet when you first get it and a lot of product ends up on the brush. To fix this when I pulled the wand out of the tube, before the brush comes out, I wiggle it back in forth to scrape the product off on the sides of the tube. That way I have the perfect amount of mascara on the wand without wasting any of it. After a the first few uses though the formula dries down a little and this isn’t a problem anymore. Also for some reason this mascara gets all over my lids when I’m applying it which I have never noticed with other mascaras. I do have a monolid so sometimes I can get product on them when I’m applying mascara if I’m not being careful but never as much as with the BTS mascara. Even when I am super careful, mascara still gets on my lids. I don’t mind too much because I just use a cotton swab to clean it up after. But it still is an inconvenience.

Overall though, it’s a great mascara and I love the way it makes my lashes look so I definitely recommend and will continue using it.
Erika C.
First of all, I have hooded eyes and straight lashes which don't hold a curl well, even if I always use a curler prior to mascara.Two years ago I got this deluxe sample for free from Ulta. I used it a couple times and I didn't like it that much. I thought it was just a bunch of unjustified hype, and I was going to throw it away, but decided to play with it one last time and apply it differently. I curled my lashes and started rolling the brush at the roots of my lashes over and over, instead of just swiping the wand over the lashes as I normally did. I did this all over my lashes a couple of times, just for fun. When I was done, I was astounded at how different my lashes looked compared to when I just swiped the mascara the previous times. It totally looked almost like I was wearing fake lashes. I spent the rest of the day checking myself out, expecting the curl to fall off over time (as it normally does with most mascaras), but it did not with this one! It has now been 2 years since that day and I am still using this mascara, and applying it that way. I used to be the kind of person who was always looking out for a better mascara, but now those days are over. I still try different mascaras all the time from free samples, but none of them make my lashes look this amazing.If you have hooded eyes and straight lashes, I also highly recommend you try the waterproof version.My other tip is that I only buy the travel size version of this, because I find it much easier to apply with the shorter wand (the regular size wand is so big it gets in the way of a precise application for me) Too Faced Better Than Sex MascaraToo Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
CJ S.
So this is probably going to be an unpopular opinion but I was not impressed with this mascara. After reading all of the reviews and hearing how much this mascara is loved and praised I really was expecting a little more. I got a sample size in a sephora holiday kit and I'm hoping that's why i wasn't so impressed but overall I felt like there was way too much product sticking to the brush and it was clumpy after 2 coats. I can say that the pigment was nice and dark but I am not a fan of the Kim K clump lash look especially for my bottom lashes or under my falsies. I am open to giving this mascara another try but as of now its a no for me.
Shawna-Liberty C.
I'm torn. I have really long, thin very light (almost transparent) blonde lashes but a lot of them. I have myself on a budget for fiscal discipline. I don't aimlessly shop or hoard. I do not allow myself to fall for "beauty guru" hyperbole as an informed consumer. That said:
I received a "free" deluxe travel-sized tube of this from Ulta. I fell in love with the formula after the first week of use. It didn't smear, cake or clump on me with my method of application. I did not like the brush because it is TOO large at the end to effectively reach the lashes at the corner of the eyes and lower lashes without getting mascara EVERYWHERE. I was so impressed with the formula, I purchased the full-sized after a month. I loved the tube it came it but it came with some problems.
My preferred method of applying this is to focus the volume of product on the base of the lash and leave the tips of the eyelashes bare until I've applied the last coat. DO NOT LET DRY in between coats and comb/brush lashes while they are still wet. The formula is wet leaning so slightly to the dry side. I have considered reviews complaining that this mascara "doesn't hold a curl" or straightens their lashes: yes, it will do that if you pile it on at the tips of your lashes in an attempt to make them appear longer because you have made your structure top heavy with a crap foundation; it will fall. Many other reviewers have complained about flaking: yes, this will happened if you comb through or brush your lashes AFTER the product has dried or if you pile on coat after coat of product let it dry inbetween coats. I knocked off two stars for the brush and longevity of the full-sized product.The brush is just impractical and gimmick-y. I get it : an hourglass sexy shape meant to be curvy like the ideal woman's body. It does an injustice to the product because it is a time consuming struggle to apply this to the lower lashes and corner lashes without getting product EVERYWHERE.However, I liked the formula and was willing to look past this.
The full-sized packaging is great: the wand it weighted which steadies my hand for application. However, the plunger does not wipe off enough product. Ever vigilant to get the most out of my product, I'd wipe off the generous excess onto a coffee filter instead of edge of the opening to keep the excess product from drying and crumbling back into the tube and making a clumpy-dried mess of the product. I paid $23 USD for this product and I want my money's worth. Even with these attempts, the full sized tube dried up in 2 months. The travel sized was still going strong at the time of my using it up ~3 months. The plunger wipes off more product and I think keeps air from getting in there.
If I were to repurchase this again, I'd get the travel sized even though I do like the weighted wand of the full sized one. The brush is horrible but I can work with it when I have the time to mess with other spoolies. I have not decided at the time of this writing if I will repurchase.
Purchased at: Sephora
I was very exited to try out this product.I have heard great things about this but I wanted to try it out for my self.When I opened it I really liked the application wand.The wand hemp Ed me get the mascara all over my lashes which was really nice.The mascara was really amazing.It was very black and it made your eyelashes very full and very long which was good for me because I have really short eyelashes.All in all, this a great product.
Megan M.
Oak Ridge
I was rather disappointed in this mascara. To hear people rave about it, I was expecting it to knock me off my feet and enhance my lashes to lash perfection. Any product that claims to be "better than sex" should be the holy grail of products and even than it's still not better. Maybe my expectations were too high because of the name and because of all the publicity and positive reviews that it gets but I won't buy it again. It gets 3 stars from me because I feel it's just an average mascara that is sold for a high-end quality price. One positive is that the black really is a nice dark shade of black that coats lashes well. It's suppose to separate lashes well and keep them from clumping but I had many issues with clumping. Too much product always came out on the wand that I had to wipe off and I feel I wasted more product than I used. Also I know it's not waterproof but it came off under my eyes easier than any other mascara I used and I tried every trick to keep it from smudging all over under eye area. I don't seen why so many people love it. All mascara's can build up coverage and some that are better than these. I don't particularly recommend this to anyone. Idk how it got such a huge following but I won't get using it again
Sarina M.
Purchased at: ULTA
This used to be my favorite mascara, but when I went to buy a new bottle — it seemed different like they adjusted the formula. I was able to have long voluminous lashes without even curling them! Now the mascara flakes off over time all over my under eye area and I don’t understand why. I might have gotten a bad second bottle, but I’ve seen similar complaints so it’s hard to recommend. I would recommend buying the smaller mascara rather than the full sized if you’re curious about it! The traveler size lasts a long time, but it can also give you a “trial” with the formula!
Melissa L.
Zanesville , OH
My absolute favorite mascara ever! It lifts and adds volume to my lashes with just one coat. The wand I believe is the secret for the perfect separation and lifting of the eyelash while the mascara itself plumps up and lengthens each lash. It’s one of my must haves in my make up case. It adds vibrancy to your eyes by itself, no eyeliner needed. I also like that when I take off my makeup at night, this mascara comes completely off as well. A lot of other mascaras still leave sticky residue which clumps up your eyelashes no matter what kind of remover you use.
Kaylin C.
Saint Helens, OR
I have very short eyelashes, does this enhance them much? I need a mascara that will add volume to my little lashes.
Bella M.
I have been looking for a good mascara and I heard this one was amazing is it really as good as I've heard
Destiny M.
I have been debating for the longest if I should buy this or not but my only concern is if it is super clumpy after applying more than one coat. Does it look super clumpy?
Bianca P.
Does the mascara give you volume and length as if you we're wearing falsies??
Nancy B.
Saint Louis, MO
Ladies.... lets be honest... is this a great investment? Please post your reviews below....