BY TOO FACED #10 in Mascara

Created during a holy grail quest to find a truly buildable mascara, Better Than Sex provides extreme volume and a more dramatic look with each coat. One coat of the carbon black, collagen-fueled formula and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled, and dramatic. Three coats and achieve the most intense black, oversized, multidimensional lashes possible! The Hourglass-Shaped brush unlocks the formula to create the perfect mascara that volumizes, lifts and coats both tops and bottoms of every little lash—with no lash left behind. A mascara so amazing…it’s Better Than Sex!

Details:

• 93% saw base-to-tip curl**
  • 8 out of 10 say it’s the best mascara they’ve ever used**
  • 3.4 out of 10 say great lashes are better than sex**
  • 3.1 out of 10 agree that this mascara is so good, it’s better than sex**
  • *results observed in an in vitro study
  • **results observed in a consumer study.

Water/aqua/eau, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007). *Vegan-friendly *Formulated without parabens

• I'm interested in this mascara since I've seen it on youtube in a...596 Answers
  • What do y'all think about this mascara? Too Faced Better Than Sex...31 Answers
  • I've been looking for a new mascara. Is this truly better then se...276 Answers
Alyssa P.
Alyssa P.
I actually used to really LOVE this product when I was just getting into make up (around 3 years ago?) I loved everything it did for me - separated my lashes, gave them volume, and great pigment! It was just as of recently I tried to switch back to 'Better Than Sex' and my opinion of it changed. The wand was the same, the pigment was the same, but something about the formula itself was different. It was around a few hours into wearing the mascara did it start to flake, fall into my eyes, and irritate. I thought it was a one time thing. I gave it another shot, and it did the same thing. The worst part is that I wear contacts, so when the fallout would land in my eye, it would also smudge on my contact, thus irritating and obscuring my vision. I had to throw a perfectly good set of contacts that still had a week left on them. I usually pull through certain products even if I'm not a big fan of them because I always give it a second chance and think that the product might be useful later in life. This was an exception, I had to return it. If you have sensitive eyes and wear contacts, I'd say don't buy the full product if you haven't yet used it. Buy the sample size first for the sake of your wallet and eyes. 2 stars for past appreciation.
Maggie D.
Maggie D.
I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara.

What I love: I LOVE how it both lengthens and separates my lashes. They look so full and beautiful, although I would not call them voluminous. Definitely a very pretty, natural (but of course fuller and longer) eyelash look using this product.

Also this is a great mascara to use on your lower lash lines. It really separates and applies easily to each lash.

What I hate: I don't find that it gives me enough volume, so I end up putting a coat or two of this mascara on, followed quickly by another coat or two of a different, more voluminous mascara. The end result is gorgeous, but I don't really ever use this product alone on my top lashes.

And you know how I mentioned I use this on my lower lashes because it makes them look so good? Well I've found that this product flakes after only a few hours, which I'm not used to experiencing with mascara (I guess I've had good luck so far).

Recently I've found that applying a loose setting powder to the ends of your lashes helps them from flaking, but still!

TL:DR:
Pros: lengthens and separates, great for lower lashes
Cons: Have to use another mascara over it to get the look I want, flakes
Briahnna C.
Briahnna C.
I feel like I may get some hate for this. I want to write an honest opinion. I do not love this mascara. I bought it because so may people raved about it and suggested it. I own this and another brand of mascara. Both were the same price and honestly I like the other brand. I'm not reviewing that one so I'm not naming it and I'll continue with my why I do not love this mascara review. First thing I noticed was the handle with the spoily feels weighted and it's kind of heavy. It makes it kind of difficult for me to control. I always want to drop it down. Second it clumps my eyelashes together. I personally don't like that look. I like a nice whispy look to my eyelashes. I can't do spider lashes and that is what this mascara gives me. I will say it does give them volume no matter how they look. I've kept using this because the price tag isn't cheap and I always hope that one of these times it won't give me spider lashes. My other mascara was the same price and on days I don't feel like spending forever to get my lashes right from this Too Faced mascara I just use that one and I'm always happy. This was my honest review and I hope this helps some people.
Deanna C.
Deanna C.
North Charleston
The mascara has it's pros and cons but to me the good outweighs the bad. One the positive note it gives you so much volume you look like you're wearing false lashes, however, you do have to apply several coats to achieve it. Amazingly enough after multiple coats it really doesn't get clumpy which I love. It gives me so much lift at the root of the lash and volume my eyes feel wide open afterwards. Unfortunately this mascara does flake off, more so when you use it on the bottom lashes than top so I would only recommend this for top lashes. Another thing is it's a very wet formula so when you've built up really long and curved up lashes they will touch the top of your eye and mark it black on your lid or brow. The hourglass wand isn't my favorite shape because it just gets messy for me when I'm wiggling the wand at the root so I always have to retouch my eye shadow. I guess with the outcome of how the lashes look as long as you're extra careful and neat at applying it it's worth it. I do love the way it looks, just a little messy to work with.
Leah B.
Leah B.
I know...I'm the only person on the planet who doesn't consider this mascara to be the greatest mascara ever made. I wanted to love this...I really did (especially for the price!). My friends, family members, coworkers, etc. RAVE about this mascara, I've read the reviews & finally gave in! Background: I am very lucky to have long, thick eyelashes & since I was a kid I have been asked if I was wearing falsies. I am a diehard fan of Maybelline's Push Up mascara, it makes my lashes full, voluminous, long, thick, EVERYTHING you could possibly want.
This mascara was dry (maybe I got a bad tube??) & did nothing spectacular for my lashes. They just look average and by midday I have noticed a ton of smudging and flaking, which I never have had before with any other mascara. I do not like the brush, I prefer a more plastic/spiky brush for separating and lengthening my lashes.
I'm so disappointed, I love other Too Faced products & wanted to like this! Right now I use a few coats in conjunction with my Maybelline mascara just to get my money's worth.
Elena A.
Elena A.
Miami, Florida
I am not a big fan of the masks of lashes of high range as those sold at Sephora because in my opinion the masks of lashes of pharmacies leave this economic Too Faced I found amazing! It is one of the best lashes masks that i tried Sephora. I like it a lot that this comes in its version waterproof and normal in my opinion the nomal is best; the waterproof is very thick and it is very difficult to remove the tabs and it stayed as a raccoon. But in general I like it a lot and or purchase the two versions in size of trip to see which was better for my tabs and I decided that the normal is best for the day-to-day and the waterproof for special occasions is better for that does not worry about watching if you ran the mascara. In genaral seem to me good. The only bad thing in my opinion In the price since it is a bit expensive with the price for the size of journey can buy a Maybelline or Loreal in normal size, and brand too faced i like very much because it is cruelty free and this free of bad things for the face :D
Melodie S.
Melodie S.
Saratoga , CA
I'm having a bit of a love-hate relationship with this mascara right now. I just got it and I was so excited to try it because @glamlifeguru raved about it on her channel and I've always had amazing luck with everything #tatiapproved. The first time I tried it I was absolutely blown away- it made my lashes so long & so full and they were curled beautifully. It looked like I was wearing false lashes. But the second time I used it I had a completely different experience- the formula it was flakey and I was having a really hard time getting the length and volume that I wanted without it clumping and ..it was just not good. I'm so confused because I store my make up in a dry place and it wasn't left open so it couldn't have dried out. I also don't pump my mascara wands when I reapply so no air could have been pushed in. I mean this was only the second time using it- maybe I got a bad batch or something? Either way it's going back 😞. Anyone else having the same problem??
Renee G.
Renee G.
This mascara has mad hype surrounding it, so I was REALLY excited to try it. The brush is supposedly designed to "mimic the curves of a woman's body," but really, it's just a traditional wand that gets thinner in the middle. The formula is incredibly thick, wet, and creamy.

It's obvious why this mascara is so popular. It provides a ton of volume and a decent amount of length, giving me a great false lash effect. If you don't mind having slightly clumped or "fake-looking" lashes, you can layer this stuff on for even more volume. It really does bring the drama. Unfortunately, BTS wears terribly on my eyes. The formula is one of the messiest I've ever used; even when I was being careful, I made a mess out of my eyelids applying this stuff. It begins flaking after 2-3 hours, and it smears like crazy.

People who love done-up lashes and don't mind some flaking and smearing, or use lash primers extensively, may like this more than I did. As it stands, I was disappointed.
Mary T.
Mary T.
I'm a big fan of Too Faced cosmetics for sure. Being a makeup artist, I use a variation of makeup brands. Too Faced being one. I pretty much purchased this Mascara on a whim when I was at Sephora one day. Only because I like to have brand name things regardless of the price to add to my makeup kit. And although Sephora provides you with mascara wands I still would not dip my wand into the mascara container since I don't know how many times people double dip their wands after applying it on their lashes. So needless to say..I did not try it first. I decided to give this product a try a week later. OOHH MYY GOOODNESSSS..I seriously HATED it and I would NEVER use it on my clients when doing makeup. It flakes sooooooo much. It felt like I had dirt in my eyes and when I went to go look in the mirror, there were mascara flakes in my eyeballs. So no I would not recommend this product unless you like having stuff in your eyes or like having brand name stuff just because.
Kelly W.
Kelly W.
Dallas, TX
Unpopular Opinion: This mascara is so completely OVERRATED! It starts off pretty wonderful and helps to add a good deal of volume to your lashes however even from the very first use it is incredibly flaky and the last thing I want is black flecks all over my face from my mascara. Additionally it gets super clumpy, like to the point where when you pull out the wand it is completely solid with the product which is not the least bit helpful when you're trying to actually use it, then these clumps fall off while you're trying to use it leaving big chunks of mascara on your face, hair, counter, etc. which is an enormous pain to clean up. Finally it dries out in like two weeks and begins (for me at least) to be incredibly irritating to my eyes, which is very abnormal for me. I have heard so many good things about this mascara that i've actually tried to give it a shot on three separate occasions and each time am severely disappointed, don't waste your money.
Rose  C.
Rose C.
Gloucester, MA
I'm interested in this mascara since I've seen it on youtube in a favorites video. Is this mascara really worth the hype? Also, is it waterproof?
Sheena K.
Sheena K.
Plano, TX
Those who have used They're Real by Benefit would you say it's better or similar?
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Joliet, IL
I've been looking for a new mascara. Is this truly better then sex? I would hate to waste money.
Niki Z.
Niki Z.
Bechtelsville, PA
Is this product worth the money? I really like to have the best mascara for my money and I've heard good things about this one?
Kaycie  S.
Kaycie S.
Puyallup, Wa
A friend of mine works at sephora and says she loves this product, but it dries out quickly compared to a lot of the other brands. Did anyone else notice this?