Shileizy T.
Shileizy T.
Hialeah, FL

Do you think toms are too pricey? and they easily wear out?
Erin H.
Erin H.
July 28, 2013, 10:14 p.m.
Honestly when you buy Toms, you really buy them to provide a pair of shoes for a disadvantaged child. Therefore, the cost of actually manufacturing a pair of Toms is very low. So yes, Toms were never made or intended to be a shoe that you can wear if you plan on running around in dirt and rough housing. (This is why we get so many complaints by parents who buy Toms for their children expecting them to last through the hazards of the school playground and PE and such.) However, if used lightly, a pair of Toms will last quite a while and remember, for the price you are getting two pairs of shoes. So I think the price point is fair.
Nou L.
Nou L.
July 22, 2013, 4:51 p.m.
Personally, I think they are overpriced! I bought my first and only pair so far about 2.5 years ago and still have them. I got the red canvas classic one. I used to wear them a lot that spring that I got them, but after that I only wore them once in a while. The color has faded and the canvas on the back of my right heel is worn/torn. I saw that within 6-12 months after wearing them. I haven't repurchased a new pair because of the price. I understand that there's the One-For-One, but still, it's too expensive for my budget. If I were to buy a new pair, it would either be at Nordstrom Rack or ebay. Or I might just settle for something that looks like TOMS for much less.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
July 21, 2013, 9:24 p.m.
I don't think they are too expensive. When you buy a pair you support a great organization
Jordan C.
Jordan C.
July 5, 2013, 1:49 p.m.
I wear mine several times a week and after 1-2 years do start to get holes in them; especially around my big toes. I don't mind paying the price though because of the cause. 40 dollars is essentially buying two pairs of shoes; not a bad deal at all.
Brandi P.
Brandi P.
June 29, 2013, 11:09 a.m.
I bought my Toms on eBay so they were only $25 brand new. And I have always been careful with my shoes so they hardly ever wear out. But if yours do and you still love Toms I would suggest juts buying them brand new on eBay like I did and it makes them a reasonable purchase.
Pattie F.
Pattie F.
June 24, 2013, 4:05 p.m.
I don't think TOMS are 'too' expensive. They are absolutely going to cost you more than the clearance rack at Target (my other favorite place to buy shoes), but considering the mission and cause you're supporting, you really are paying for more than simply a pair of shoes. As for whether or not they wear out - I bought my first pair of TOMS my freshman year in college - almost 7 years ago - and I still wear them. They have faded a little bit colorwise (I got the artist kind so that paint has worn off some, as would be expected), but they're still in awesome shape, the sole is still attached, and there's no holes or anything :) I see TOMS as an investment. Pricey, but in my opinion, absolutely worth the money you pay! :)
Cassidy S.
Cassidy S.
June 23, 2013, 10:52 p.m.
I don't think they are too pricey. They are hand made and donate a pair to children that need shoes. We wear them as a fashion statement that pays for a kid to get a pair of shoes that very well could be their first. They do wear out if you don't take care of them. I have worn mine for 2 years with out any problems. They don't do very well in Wisconsin weather but I still love my toms.

Join Now