BY TOMS #45 in Clothing Stores & Brands

• I love these shoes. However, they do not make my feet smell pleas...30 Answers
  • Who is a fan of TOMS?38 Answers
  • The best place to look is online! They have some great deals some...7 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "I have many friends who always told me to buy a pair of toms and I finally did and now I have many pairs especially now that I am pregnant I think there very comfortable for me to walk in especially at work that I am walking around a lot." in 345 reviews
  • "However they are pretty pricey considering they're cloth shoes but I will say that the price is worth it since they support a great cause & they're long lasting." in 251 reviews
  • "I would agree that these shoes are a bit pricey but they're good quality, support a good cause, and are stylish and comfy." in 250 reviews
  • "I see everyone says they are super comfortable though so I may have to just buy the least ugliest pair and try them out. " in 224 reviews
  • "They are a little pricey for canvas shoes but when you think about the person getting their first pair of shoes it's all worth it." in 191 reviews
Emily R.
Columbia, SC
Review for: Women'S Toms Classics Casual Shoes more...
These shoes are very low quality, uncomfortable, and don't last long at all. I know that they're very popular because of the "philanthropy", but I wouldn't want to donate such a delicate shoe to a child in need.

When it comes to Toms' philanthropy, it's essentially just a great way for Westerners to feel good about giving back. First, the Classic Toms are an exact imitation of the traditional Argentine gaucho Alpargatas, and the Toms logo is literally the Argentine flag with the Sol de Mayo removed. You may not agree with the term "culture appropriation", but if you do, this is it.

To continue, Toms sends shoes to children who have been without shoes for such long periods of time that they have built calluses on their feet. It's very normal in many of these cultures to be without shoes or to wear simple sandals. Once they've gotten these shoes, they wear them and eventually lose their calluses just in time to outgrow the shoes, ultimately injuring their feet when they start to walk barefoot again. Toms also measures children's feet so far in advance before children receive the shoes, that the kids have outgrown those sizes by the time they receive the shoes.

If you like Toms for the style of the shoe, that's your own choice. However, I'd encourage buyers to genuinely look into organizations like Toms before handing over $40+ to give a non-sturdy shoe to a child "in need".
Marlena T.
Oxford, MA
Review for: Other more...
I have purchased 2 pair of these shoes, one of them was like a lace texture, and the other was like a glittery lace texture. I paid full price for the 1st pair, the second I got at TJ Maxx so it was discounted. I don't think I would purchase Tom's shoes again. All of the shoes are basically the same style, but they have many different colors, prints, and textures. The shoes themselves are pretty comfortable ( feel like nothing on your feet)  for basic lounging-- i.e around the house etc. currently I use them to go to the mailbox, or if I need to take my dogs outside or maybe a quick trip to the grocery store or something, but they are not that comfortable if you are going to be doing a ton of walking. Secondly-- they just do not hold up well, they kind of fall apart pretty quick, so for that reason not that impressed. $40 is not a ton of money for a shoe-- but still you should get something that lasts a little longer for that price point. Both of mine looked pretty ratty within a month or so.
DeAnna W.
Tempe , AZ
Fashionista Expert Level 2
Review for: Women'S Toms Classics Casual Shoes more...
I recently ordered 3 pairs of Toms and I am still forming my opinion on them. So far, this is what I have noticed. I ordered a size 10 in all three pairs. The black canvas are too big and are uncomfortable to wear without a sock or something. The heather grey fit amazing and are my favorite, but I've worn them 5-6 times and I feel like they aren't holding up that well. The third are a fuzzy lined pair and I like them as well but without socks, the fur lining (black) gets everywhere.

Anyways, I think it's weird how each pair, although the same size fit different. I think they are overall a good shoe. I understand the concept but I do think the shoe is kind of pricey, $50 for the grey and they get broken in very easily but they are a nice shoe to throw in my travel bag.
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Fashionista Expert Level 1
TOMS are a cute, but overpriced loafer that you buy for the name and philanthropy. For every pair you buy, they give a pair to a kid in need. It's a really nice gesture and it makes you feel good about supporting them as a brand, except they're made in non-regulated factories in China and other countries who run sweatshops. So it kinda defeats their philanthropical "name".

On top of that, their sizing isn't all that consistent. They tell you to buy at least a half of a size to a size below your normal shoe size because they stretch out when you break them in. Breaking in your TOMS is just as painful as trying to break in a new pair of boots! I don't know how, but it is!

Every pair of TOMS I've owned or tried on (I've only owned two, but I have tried on many) were never the same size. It made shoe shopping much more difficult than it needs to be. I can walk into the Vans store and tell the employee the style name, color, and size I need, and be in and out in five minutes, max. Oh, and when you wear TOMS without socks, your feet are guaranteed to smell like gouda, and I'm not talking money.
Sandy C.
Winters, CA
Review for: Women'S Toms Classics Casual Shoes more...
I am not a huge fan of Tom’s shoes, as a slip on they don’t exactly “slip on”. They look like a
Ballet show crossed with a pair of old school vans. They are cheaply made and fall apart: do not get the wet! Lol. I do have to give #Tom’s as a company props for their policy to donate a pair of shoes to a child in a developing country for each pair of shoes sold. But for the price, I’m not quite comfortable calling myself a fan of their shoes. Okay, I do think the silver and gold sparkled Toms are kinda awesome lol. TOMS Womens Classic Canvas Slip On Ash 001001B07-GreyToms Women's Classic Canvas Slip-ons - Black - 6
Juliana O.
Review for: Women'S Canvas Slip-On Light Beige more...
these shoes are so cute i love theme. They are really comfy too! You can wear these anytime but i think they are best for summer. I love toms so much you guys should get some they are just so cute and would totally recomend they are also a great present idea.
I have been a fan of toms for a long time i feel like they add a lot to an outfit i just love them so much. you can wear them with jeans leggings and even sweats if you wanted to.
Taylor H.
Review for: Other more...
I love TOMS and I love what they stand for. I always purchase my shoes from them, even though they can be a little expensive. I love the quality and they last a long time if you take care of them. They have amazing everyday shoes and I can't get enough. I love that with every pair you purchase, they give a pair to someone in need and if you purchase online, they allow you to pick what country you would like to help out. Love toms!
Stacey M.
I have been a TOMS fan since the very beginning. I remember when I got my first pair of TOMS I was in love. The main reason why I love this company is not because they make an amazing product (they do), but because of what their mission is. They have always been one for one. I love companies that give back to others.

I have a few pairs of their classics and wedges. All of which I love. All of their shoes are very comfortable and are easy to wear all day long. I have not tried their bags or sunglasses, but I believe those products are just as good. The only thing that I struggle with a little bit is the prices of some of their products. I know that they are buying something for someone else with that money, but sometimes I struggle with it.
Brittany M.
Ironton, OH
Review for: Sundae Cones more...
I love how cute TOMS are, but they're overpriced. They are cheaply made, which is really sad because they definitely have potential to be fantastic. I make sure I'm only going to be wearing them for a short period of time and that I will not be near any water. I love the fact that they donate a pair of shoes to a child, but the shoes need some major manufacturing improvements.
Angelica ♛.
Review for: Fruit Oatmeal Bars Cranberry Orange Muffin more...
I have been a toms fan since the very beginning. I remember when I got my first pair of toms I was in love. The main reason why I love this company is not because they make an amazing product they do. I love companies that give back to others. and appreciate
Amanda C.
Estero, FL
Where do you buy your Toms?
Victoria H.
Beachwood, NJ
I work standing all day, would these be comfortable enough?
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
Do you wear socks with your Toms?
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
What is your favorite Tom's style?
Amber A.
Fayetteville, AR
Where is the best place to buy Toms?