BY TOMS #37 in Clothing Stores & Brands

• I love these shoes. However, they do not make my feet sme...31 Answers
  • Who is a fan of TOMS?38 Answers
  • The best place to look is online! They have some great de...7 Answers
Buy on Walmart
  • "I have many friends who always told me to buy a pair of toms and I finally did and now I have many pairs especially now that I am pregnant I think there very comfortable for me to walk in especially at work that I am walking around a lot." in 345 reviews
  • "However they are pretty pricey considering they're cloth shoes but I will say that the price is worth it since they support a great cause & they're long lasting." in 251 reviews
  • "I would agree that these shoes are a bit pricey but they're good quality, support a good cause, and are stylish and comfy." in 250 reviews
  • "I see everyone says they are super comfortable though so I may have to just buy the least ugliest pair and try them out. " in 224 reviews
  • "They are a little pricey for canvas shoes but when you think about the person getting their first pair of shoes it's all worth it." in 191 reviews
Emily R.
COLUMBIA, SC
Review for: Women'S Toms Classics Casual Shoes more...
These shoes are very low quality, uncomfortable, and don't last long at all. I know that they're very popular because of the "philanthropy", but I wouldn't want to donate such a delicate shoe to a child in need.

When it comes to Toms' philanthropy, it's essentially just a great way for Westerners to feel good about giving back. First, the Classic Toms are an exact imitation of the traditional Argentine gaucho Alpargatas, and the Toms logo is literally the Argentine flag with the Sol de Mayo removed. You may not agree with the term "culture appropriation", but if you do, this is it.

To continue, Toms sends shoes to children who have been without shoes for such long periods of time that they have built calluses on their feet. It's very normal in many of these cultures to be without shoes or to wear simple sandals. Once they've gotten these shoes, they wear them and eventually lose their calluses just in time to outgrow the shoes, ultimately injuring their feet when they start to walk barefoot again. Toms also measures children's feet so far in advance before children receive the shoes, that the kids have outgrown those sizes by the time they receive the shoes.

If you like Toms for the style of the shoe, that's your own choice. However, I'd encourage buyers to genuinely look into organizations like Toms before handing over $40+ to give a non-sturdy shoe to a child "in need".
Desiree T.
Antelope, CA
Fashionista Expert Level 1
TOMS are a cute, but overpriced loafer that you buy for the name and philanthropy. For every pair you buy, they give a pair to a kid in need. It's a really nice gesture and it makes you feel good about supporting them as a brand, except they're made in non-regulated factories in China and other countries who run sweatshops. So it kinda defeats their philanthropical "name".

On top of that, their sizing isn't all that consistent. They tell you to buy at least a half of a size to a size below your normal shoe size because they stretch out when you break them in. Breaking in your TOMS is just as painful as trying to break in a new pair of boots! I don't know how, but it is!

Every pair of TOMS I've owned or tried on (I've only owned two, but I have tried on many) were never the same size. It made shoe shopping much more difficult than it needs to be. I can walk into the Vans store and tell the employee the style name, color, and size I need, and be in and out in five minutes, max. Oh, and when you wear TOMS without socks, your feet are guaranteed to smell like gouda, and I'm not talking money.
Shannonđź’‹ W.
Fashionista Expert Level 1
Review for: Women'S Toms Classics Casual Shoes more...
I really like Toms shoes. I had a black pair and they were pretty cute. I liked that they were super light and airy so they kept my feet really cool. They were the perfect spring and summer shoe. The best part is that proceeds from toms sales went to a good cause for children who don’t have shoes which is amazing.

The down side is that they don’t last long. You can’t wear them to often because they start to wear and tear especially at the tips of the shoes. However I would definitely recommend these. They are cute comfortable and stylish.
Marlena T.
Oxford, MA
Review for: Other more...
I have purchased 2 pair of these shoes, one of them was like a lace texture, and the other was like a glittery lace texture. I paid full price for the 1st pair, the second I got at TJ Maxx so it was discounted. I don't think I would purchase Tom's shoes again. All of the shoes are basically the same style, but they have many different colors, prints, and textures. The shoes themselves are pretty comfortable ( feel like nothing on your feet)  for basic lounging-- i.e around the house etc. currently I use them to go to the mailbox, or if I need to take my dogs outside or maybe a quick trip to the grocery store or something, but they are not that comfortable if you are going to be doing a ton of walking. Secondly-- they just do not hold up well, they kind of fall apart pretty quick, so for that reason not that impressed. $40 is not a ton of money for a shoe-- but still you should get something that lasts a little longer for that price point. Both of mine looked pretty ratty within a month or so.
Juliana O.
Review for: Women'S Canvas Slip-On Light Beige more...
these shoes are so cute i love theme. They are really comfy too! You can wear these anytime but i think they are best for summer. I love toms so much you guys should get some they are just so cute and would totally recomend they are also a great present idea.
I have been a fan of toms for a long time i feel like they add a lot to an outfit i just love them so much. you can wear them with jeans leggings and even sweats if you wanted to.
Green B.
Review for: Women'S Canvas Slip-On Light Beige Black Woven Diamond, M Us more...
I bought my first pair of Toms in high school because they became really popular then. It lasted me pretty much all four years, even after wearing them everyday! They are super comfortable and they keep my feet pain-free! I've bought a couple of more pairs since then in different colors. I love having shoes you can throw on without having laces or ties. They're the perfect everyday shoe at a great price!
Stacey M.
I have been a TOMS fan since the very beginning. I remember when I got my first pair of TOMS I was in love. The main reason why I love this company is not because they make an amazing product (they do), but because of what their mission is. They have always been one for one. I love companies that give back to others.

I have a few pairs of their classics and wedges. All of which I love. All of their shoes are very comfortable and are easy to wear all day long. I have not tried their bags or sunglasses, but I believe those products are just as good. The only thing that I struggle with a little bit is the prices of some of their products. I know that they are buying something for someone else with that money, but sometimes I struggle with it.
DeAnna W.
Tempe, AZ
Fashionista Expert Level 2
Review for: Women'S Toms Classics Casual Shoes more...
I recently ordered 3 pairs of Toms and I am still forming my opinion on them. So far, this is what I have noticed. I ordered a size 10 in all three pairs. The black canvas are too big and are uncomfortable to wear without a sock or something. The heather grey fit amazing and are my favorite, but I've worn them 5-6 times and I feel like they aren't holding up that well. The third are a fuzzy lined pair and I like them as well but without socks, the fur lining (black) gets everywhere.

Anyways, I think it's weird how each pair, although the same size fit different. I think they are overall a good shoe. I understand the concept but I do think the shoe is kind of pricey, $50 for the grey and they get broken in very easily but they are a nice shoe to throw in my travel bag.
Review for: Fruit Oatmeal Bars Cranberry Orange Muffin more...
I have been a toms fan since the very beginning. I remember when I got my first pair of toms I was in love. The main reason why I love this company is not because they make an amazing product they do. I love companies that give back to others. and appreciate
Andrea V.
Whittier, CA
I like what Toms is about, giving shoes to people who need them. I wish they would do it domestically too but at least the effort is there to improve things somewhere. I usually buy my kid's (who I get them for) Toms off zulily.com. My biggest issue with them is the quality isn't always that great. They get holes quickly and fall apart. I'm not just talking about my children who are hard on their shoes, but adults that I know as well gave the same issue.
Amanda C.
Estero, FL
Fashionista Expert Level 2
Where do you buy your Toms?
Victoria H.
Beachwood, NJ
I work standing all day, would these be comfortable enough?
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
Do you wear socks with your Toms?
Vanessa C.
Carmichael, CA
What is your favorite Tom's style?
Amber A.
Fayetteville, AR
Where is the best place to buy Toms?