Tom's of Maine Whole Care Peppermint Toothpaste - 4.7 oz uploaded by Daria Q.

BY TOM'S OF MAINE

Peppermint. Natural whole care. Contains fluoride for cavity prevention, zinc citrate to control tartar, silica for whitening, and spearmint and peppermint oils, all for a fresh, clean-feeling mouth. Dear friends, Our Whole Care toothpaste helps maintain good oral health by delivering cavity prevention, tartar control, whitening, and clean, fresh flavor using only natural ingredients. Whole Care also delivers on our belief in the inherent worth of people and nature by using recycled packaging and giving back 10% of profits and encouraging our employees to donate 5% of their paid time to communities. Please let us know what you think! Kate & Tom Chappell. Does not contain saccharin; artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors, or flavors; or animal ingredients. No animal testing. Whole Care means a naturally clean, fresh-feeling mouth. Refreshing natural flavor. Real spearmint and peppermint oils, not artificial sweeteners like saccharin, leave your mouth feeling clean and fresh. Fights cavities. Naturally sourced fluoride remineralizes soft spots on teeth before they turn into cavities. Controls tartar. Zinc citrate, a naturally occurring mineral, interferes with the calcification of plaque into tartar. Gentle whitening. Natural silica (derived from sand) improves cleaning and gently whitens without bleaching ingredients or harsh abrasives. Clean, sustainable planet. Naturally, it works. Made in U.S.A. see more...

Camellia M.
When I found out I was lactose intolerant, I knew there were changes that had to be made in my life. I decided to take lactase enzyme pills with food and drink (okay, so not that many changes!) but I would still notice discomfort in my everyday life.

One day, it hit me. I get the discomfort not long after brushing my teeth. I'd heard of gluten appearing in the ingredients list of products that one would never expect, but what if lactose is somehow in toothpaste? Sure enough, it is, and lots of companies use it.

Enter Tom's of Maine. The company primarily takes the "natural" approach in formulating their products, and Google searches showed me that they are a vegan/lactose-free brand. I switched to Tom's 4 years ago and I've never looked back! Great taste, great results, that leave me feeling great! I normally buy this at Target (because I love Target), but I've yet to see a major grocery/drug store not carry it. I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone, as I do!
heather a.
I got a sample of the Tom's of Maine Whole Care peppermint toothpaste and my husband thought that it was the neatest thing having an organic toothpaste and so after trying it the man tossed out the brand new tube of our brand just so that he could use the sample tube. Since then, its the only toothpaste (and flavor) he will use. Our vet even told us that its safe for our dogs teeth since they are not a fan of the meat flavored alternatives for pets. I just don't tell him that I will sometimes use some of his holy grail toothpaste to get foundation stains out of my white dress shirts. It really is a fantastic toothpaste that leaves a fresh taste in your mouth while providing a great clean.
Madelyn R.
Although I am from Maine, and often feel like I should enjoy and support local businesses I hate this product. Let it be noted that there are not many products that I dislike but this product makes it on the list! This product did not make my teeth feel clean what so ever! In fact it felt like I had just eaten a leaf! I understand the all natural product side of it but this just tastes awful and does NOT get the job done. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless they enjoy eating salads and don't like brushing their teeth. Yuck!!! Don't purchase this!
Paula S.
San Diego, CA
I tried #TomsofMaine because I was traveling at it was a free sample. I liked the mint flavor, it tasted like real peppermint and was strong, but I did NOT like the texture of the paste or the way it felt against my teeth. It basically felt like wetting your toothbrush and dipping it into baking soda and then raking it across your teeth - soo uncomfortable. I didn't get that squeeky clean feeling after either. I love the idea of a natural product but I did not get the warm fuzzys that it was doing a solid job.
Kathryn W.
I love Tom's of Maine products! I'm not comfortable loading my body with fluoride do I seek out companies that have both options - fluoride & fluoride-free. Tom's appears to be very ethical and it does a great job cleaning. It's not overwhelmingly minty & does have a very slightly salty taste almost but I still really love this product. It's the only natural toothpaste that my extremely picky husband will use too!
Jamie H.
Goodview, VA
I wasn't a big fan of this toothpaste but it wasn't terrible, either. It never felt like my teeth got very clean and the taste wasn't comparable to some of the other peppermint/mint products out there. It probably has to do with the fact that I am so used to more artificial tastes/brands, so that may be coloring my opinion. I would not buy again but would suggest others give it a try to see how it works.
Amy D.
While I appreciate this company for making natural and safe products, I just didn't like this toothpaste. It didn't leave my mouth feeling fresh and it made my mouth feel super dry. I have bought this twice over the years but I have had the same result both times. I also didn't think it cleaned my teeth very well and I'd rather use a product with xylitol. Will not purchase again.
Nancy M.
Crosby, TX
Let me start off with the positive I love that this toothpaste is more natural but..... I'm not sure what I expected. I used it for about a month and I just didn't feel that my teeth were getting clean and maybe it was because I am comparing to the amazing crisp feeling I get when I brush my teeth, I didn't get that with this. So my teeth seemed cleaned but my mouth felt dirty.
B S.
Ashburn, VA
I started using Toms products when I became pregnant. I wanted to make sure that I was using products that were natural without all of the added chemicals. I like this toothpaste but I still feel that Crest gives me a deeper clean and it could be because their mint is so much stronger than Toms. The mint in this toothpaste is subtle and the bubble action is lower.
Alyssa G.
I feel like Toms of Maine is a good brand and you can definitely feel good about using the ingredients but I honestly just don't like the taste as much as other brands. None of the flavors are particularly my favorite but if you can get past that, it definitely works well and as mentioned, is a product you can trust as far as the ingredients being safe.