Tom's of Maine Unscented Deodorant

Tom's of Maine Unscented Deodorant: 24-hour odor protection Natural Aluminum free Kosher see more...

• Does this keep you dry and smelling fresh all day long?4 Answers
  • I tried a lavender scent of this product and I have to say my ski...1 Answers
  • Does this last all day? Any issues with irritation? I have sensit...3 Answers
Jade P.
Foster, RI
Trying to be more conscious of what I use on my body I tried Tom's long lasting and found it to be anything but. It feels slimy when applies and does not help control body odor at all. I would say with in 3-4 hours i can actually smell myself, it's incredibly embarrassing. Would not recommend for a natural deodorant.
Megan H.
If I had to choose a deodorant, this would be the one. Pros: It doesn't stain my clothing. It leaves my skin feeling soft and nice. It doesn't irritate my skin. I no longer break out or get ingrown hairs. Cons: When I sweat, there's a weird odor. The odor alone is why I give it 3 stars. I will say however, it was a great transitioning deodorant to use before going natural.
Kathleen D.
So I wanted to try a natural deodorant because I was reading up on how the "aluminum" ingredient found in deodorants is not good for you. So I tried this one since it's all natural. I am SO not a fan. It feels very thick and greasy on the skin and I feel like it's just wet all day. My husband used this and immediately felt a burning sensation under his arms. If you have sensitive skin I suggest not purchasing this item or read the ingredients to make sure you're okay to use this deodorant.
Natalie A.
I had been meaning to switch from bad-for-you deodorants to something more health-conscious, because I used to use gel stick deodorants that contained aluminum and can be absorbed into your body leading to health issues further down the line. I never wanted to spend a ton of money on a deodorant, which is how I stumbled upon Tom's of Maine at my local drugstore. It costs about the same as any other deodorant at the drugstore, and is aluminum-free.

So the first thing: This claims to be 24-hours, but I disagree. You will start to smell slightly and will have to reapply (I don't do this everyday; some days I sweat more and on those days, if I'm wearing a tank top or something showing my arms, I'll reapply). I definitely wouldn't recommend this deodorant for running a marathon or going to the gym, or doing anything that requires being outdoors all day and sweating a lot. It's not that strong, but it's good for a day-to-day basis. For days where I think I'll sweat a lot more than usual, I'll grudgingly go back to my gel stick, but at least it's better to use it every once in a while as opposed to every single day.

The second thing: This has no scent, despite what some other reviewers have said. It doesn't smell like anything, at least to me. I'm the type of person that despises any kind of fragrance in my deodorants because I prefer to use perfume to add some sort of scent to myself, and deodorants tend to overpower any perfume I'll attempt to put on. I don't have that problem with this deodorant. It's odorless.

The third thing: This stick glides on effortlessly. It's pretty unique in terms of texture because it's a stick, but it kind of has this emollient texture to it, which is probably what helps it glide on so nicely. This also won't leave those crumbled cheese (as I like to call it) effects under your arm.

The last thing: Some people complain that after a few days of using this, they start to smell bad, and then they stop using it. You have to get through that period. If you're just transitioning from having used a deodorant that has aluminum and other harsh chemicals in it (so basically any deodorant ever-- Dove, Secret, etc.) to one like Tom's of Maine, your body is going to go through a detox period. You will be expelling all the toxins that have built up from years of use, and so you may smell bad for up to a month. I never really had this issue for whatever reason. I did start to sweat a lot more for a while, but then it went away and I was back to normal. I've actually found that I sweat a lot less now than I used to, which is always a plus. So if you find that this starts happening to you, don't give up. Just get through it, let your body detox, and it'll get better.

Overall, I think this is an excellent deodorant for the price and for the lack of harsh chemicals in it. It's health-conscious, eco-friendly, and cost efficient. If you want one with a scent, these do exist with different scents. But like I said, this is not 24-hour. Carry it in your bag just in case when you first try it out, to see how long you can go without having to reapply. Everyone is different!
Katie F.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This deodorant claims to be long lasting but just does not work for me. I'm always on the hunt for a natural deodorant without aluminum but have yet to find one that works.
Alison M.
Rock Island, IL
I really enjoy that this product is clear rather than white, allowing me not to fear while wearing black. I also noticed that it has a lemon scent. I would not recommend using this on hot days, as the lemon scent wears off fairly quickly.
Brittany W.
Leaves my underarms feeling sticky. I don't feel the unscented is super beneficial because once you start sweating, since there is no antiperspirant, there is no fragrance to cover your smell.. so not sure the purpose of this deodorant.
Cortney M.
To be completely honest, I think it takes your body a little while to get use to this product but once your body adjust, this product works like a charm. Keeps me smelling fresh and clean all day.
Leidy Z.
Woodhaven, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I try to used organic or not toxic products , i started using this and my boyfriend too ,
Well for my boyfriend didn't work , i guess for guys i has to be something stronger.
And i noticed that when is very warm i start feel sticky , and is not good for a long day .
I still like but definitely i want try something different .
Update :
It almost the end of the summer and this is not working for me , now by 11 -12 am i have to reapply more , definitely the formula is not strong enough, and i don't sweat a lot , so i have to start looking for another brand with strong formula
Asucena H.
Bell Gardens, CA
For years I've been using Secret or Dove brand, and I had problems with the way my skin reacted to Suave brand. I've been trying to be more mindful of the ingredients in the products I use, and realized that aluminum is in most deodorants. I decided to try Tom's (unscented) without aluminum. And, although the label says "24HR odor protection" -- I feel like this only lasts about a good 7-8 hours before I need to reapply. Worth the try, but maybe go with a different toms scent?
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Does this keep you dry and smelling fresh all day long?
Erica W.
Washington, DC
Is there any other smells for this product ??
Nicole J B.
Studio City, CA
Does this last all day? Any issues with irritation? I have sensitive skin.
Dayana B.
Washington, DC
What's the hype on this product? Is it really better for you than a Degree or Secret?
Leslie V.
North Bend, OR
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Is this better than other deodorants