BY TOM'S OF MAINE #52 in Toothpaste

• I am wanting to switch to natural toothpaste is this a good produ...2 Answers
Ruru A.
Dearborn Hts, MI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I started switching to toothpastes that don’t have fluoride for the sake of my gums and my overall health. I love this toothpaste I felt relief using this when brushing my teeth and after brushing my gums don’t feel like they are throbbing idk if that makes sense. I’m only giving 4 stars is because I have to brush twice sometimes but u can add a little bit of baking soda n it works great. My gums have stopped receding now and I’m happy hopefully they will go back to normal. Fluoride is not good for your teeth and even if it was it’s poison to your body. There is no need for harsh chemicals when brushing your teeth. Do your research
April P.
N Royalton, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I’ve always enjoyed using Tom’s because it is a natural product and I love natural products. Anyone that has used a natural toothpaste knows it tastes very much like baking soda which can take some getting used to but I don’t mind it at all. It’s decently priced for a natural product but I didn’t really notice better results versus using a cheaper toothpaste. It is still a very good natural option though for anyone looking to make the switch.
Sarah H.
Lake St Louis , MO
Although this product is naturally derived, which is HUGE in my book, I just never had the “my teeth are totally clean” feeling. The toothpaste lacks the fresh blast that other toothpastes have. My teeth felt surface level clean, but never deep cleaned if that makes sense. The flavor was subtle and the texture was decent, but I like a little more refreshment to my everyday toothpaste.
Bridgett E.
BURLINGTON, VT
This toothpaste is a great natural alternative! I sometimes get oral allergies to SLS which is in most toothpastes. I use Toms of Maine when I run out of my prescription SLS free toothpaste and I love it! I have used other natural toothpaste brands but Toms is my favorite. It is really gentle on my mouth while still being effective and leaving me fresh!
Melanie B.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have four daughters and a couple of them were having issues with the flavors of toothpaste i had gotten them. I tried so many brands and flavors before finally finding one for them that they actually liked. This one is one that I too tried and in my opinion it felt like my mouth and teeth were completely clean. It's not very strong and has, no awful ingredients that humans shouldn't be putting in their mouths but other than that I didn't like it. Wish that we all liked it more. However my mother loves it and will only use this brand of toothpaste. So I guess it just depends on what you like. If you're looking for an all natural toothpaste at an affordable price than I would definitely recommend trying this out.
Ashley M.
Brooklyn, NY
I am all for the all-natural lifestyle. But this toothpaste seemed to do nothing for my teeth in terms of whitening/freshening. It felt too mild and I stuck with the entire tube expecting to change my mind at the end... I didn’t. :( I wish they could add more mint to their formula or some stronger natural whitening agent.
Destin P.
The minty taste of this toothpaste was great (Like all of the Toms products I've tried so far), and overall I felt like it did a good job of cleaning my teeth, but I did notice a bit of an odd texture left on my teeth afterwards, I would always give an extra little brush with just water to make my teeth feel cleaner.
Paula C.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
It’s a very refreshing and good “tasting” toothpaste. It’s not too harsh, I think a lot of my dry skin around my lips is due to the fact that toothpaste can be very chemically harsh on skin. The price of this toothpaste is the reason why I don’t go back and buy it all the time. No problem with the product itself!
Rachel R.
I love that Tom’s is an all natural brand but I don’t really like the taste of this toothpaste. Also, the price point is a turn off, as it’s significantly higher than more mainstream brands that are on the market. I would love to switch to this brand if they can improve the flavor and bring the price down.
Erin E.
Savannah, Georgia
Tom’s gets the job done, but I believe this brand of toothpaste is overrated. The taste to me is a bit bland, and I don’t think it cleans my teeth as well as other brands do. I will definitely use it if I have a bottle laying around, but if I’m at the store, this would not be my first choice.
Crystal Y.
Harrisburg, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
What is your favorite flavor?
Megan B.
Seal Cove, ME
Have you tried Toms children's toothpaste? What do you think?
Christy W.
Lansing, IL
Why did you and your family switch over to Toms?
Isis B.
Price?
Ashley T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Here's the big question, What is the condition of your teeth since using this product? Have you gone to the dentist lately and has your dentist said your teeth are in good condition?