BY TOM'S OF MAINE

DESCRIPTION:

Fluoride-Free Propolis & Myrrh Toothpaste in Spearmint

Leave your mouth feeling naturally fresh! We've found that the herbal resins propolis and myrrh promote a naturally clean, healthy-mouth feeling. Our Propolis and Myrrh toothpastes help fight plaque with regular brushing, and we've added xylitol for great taste. We produce this toothpaste without fluoride because we respect our customers' diverse needs and interests.

Fluoride free

No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives

Not tested on animals

INGREDIENTS
PURPOSE
SOURCE
Calcium carbonateMild abrasivePurified calcium from the earth
WaterConsistencyAquifer
GlycerinMoisturizerDerived from Vegetable Oils
XylitolFlavorBirch trees or corn
Spearmint Leaf (Mentha viridis) oil and other natural flavorsFlavorSpearmint (Mentha viridis) and peppermint (Mentha piperita) leaves
CarrageenanThickenerSeaweed (Eucheuma sp.)
Sodium lauryl sulfateDispersantDerived from coconut and/or palm kernel oil
Propolis extractClean, healthy-feeling mouth.Mixture of tree resin (Propolis cera) gathered by bees
Commiphora myrrha (myrrh) resin extractClean, healthy-feeling mouthResin from the myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) bush

Grace M.
Selkirk, NY
This is a good all natural alternative to a more processed toothpaste if that is what you are looking for, but I did find some flaws. When I use this toothpaste I find that I wears off very quickly leaving me with bad breath, but if that is something you can look past it is a cheap natural alternative.
Tiffany S.
Indianapolis, IN
I have tried Tom's of Maine Natural Toothpaste but was not happy with it. It was hard for me to use because I would gag when using it. I used a trial toothpaste and did not purchase after finishing the trial size. I would not use it again unless I found another kind of Tom's that tasted better to me.
Jennifer T.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Although this had a nice spearmint flavor, my teeth didn't feel very clean. I supplemented the brushing with some baking soda to break up the plaque film. This was easy to find but priced a lot higher than other toothpastes. It have gum recession and as a result some tooth sensitivity. This didn't further irritate the sensitive spots or make the inside of my mouth sore which other whitening toothpastes have done.
Kaaryn S.
Fayetteville, AR
I hated this toothpaste!! It was so grainy and harsh. It left your mouth feeling like you had gargled sand water. I just was not a fan. The flavor was ok, but I couldnt get past the texture and feeling of it. It was maybe because of the baking soda, but I just did not like it. I would stay away.
Melissa P.
Alexandria, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I started using this toothpaste several years ago when I found minty flavors to be too overpowering. Tom's toothpastes don't have as strong of a flavor as other brands (Crest, Colgate, etc.). I found it to be okay in comparison to other brands in regards to effectiveness. I wouldn't buy it again.
Tracey M.
West Seneca, NY
This may be a good product and it may be effective, but I didn't like the taste that much. Since taste is a personal preference, you may like this product more than I did. Since I didn't use it that much, I can't comment on the effectiveness of the product, but would recommend you give it a try!
Gretchen R.
needham, in
Is your old toothpaste not cutting it? Give Tom's a try! I wanted to switch up my old routine and found this toothpaste to be refreshing. It doesn't feel like the classic toothpaste and surprised me in terms of what it could do for more of a 'natural' toothpaste. My teeth felt clean and there wasn't build up over the course of my day that can happen with other toothpaste. Good, but not my favorite toothpaste!
Kalynn D.
Asheville, NC
This leaves your mouth ridiculously fresh. The feeling is so refreshing I look forward to brushing my teeth because afterwards, I feel like I could blow frosted breath. It's also fluoride free, BIG WIN for me. It's my favorite flavor from them and I highly recommend trying it at least once!
Kailee J.
North Berwick, ME
Just thought this was OK, personally it was the taste that threw me off. I thought it didn't have enough mint and too much of baking soda flavor. I tent to not like that type of tooth paste. With that being said it cleaned my teeth well. Over all the problem for me was taste.
Ashley A.
Las Vegas, NV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Honestly the worst tasting toothpaste ive ever used. I bought this at trader joes and I will never be purchasing this again. Absolutely did not reach my expectations. This is a brand that I support for the ecological choices, but I don't like any of their products. Bummer.