BY TOM'S OF MAINE

DESCRIPTION:

Fluoride-Free Propolis & Myrrh Toothpaste in Spearmint

Leave your mouth feeling naturally fresh! We've found that the herbal resins propolis and myrrh promote a naturally clean, healthy-mouth feeling. Our Propolis and Myrrh toothpastes help fight plaque with regular brushing, and we've added xylitol for great taste. We produce this toothpaste without fluoride because we respect our customers' diverse needs and interests.

Fluoride free

No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives

Not tested on animals

INGREDIENTS
PURPOSE
SOURCE
Calcium carbonateMild abrasivePurified calcium from the earth
WaterConsistencyAquifer
GlycerinMoisturizerDerived from Vegetable Oils
XylitolFlavorBirch trees or corn
Spearmint Leaf (Mentha viridis) oil and other natural flavorsFlavorSpearmint (Mentha viridis) and peppermint (Mentha piperita) leaves
CarrageenanThickenerSeaweed (Eucheuma sp.)
Sodium lauryl sulfateDispersantDerived from coconut and/or palm kernel oil
Propolis extractClean, healthy-feeling mouth.Mixture of tree resin (Propolis cera) gathered by bees
Commiphora myrrha (myrrh) resin extractClean, healthy-feeling mouthResin from the myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) bush

Queen Esther S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Lovely all natural toothpaste. My mom was the one who intially told me about natural toothpastes. Her gums are sensitive and she really wanted me to try this brand. And I'm glad I did! It doesn't have all the additives like a normal toothpaste. Really freshen the breath and teeth look pearly white clean. Great alternative
Micaela M.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Toms overall brand has a great concept of all natural and I'm all for buying all natural. Except for the fact that they don't work. This toothpaste didn't make my mouth feel or smell clean, in fact it didn't smell better after about an hour after I brushed my teeth. Deodorant and overall brand doesn't work.
Katie P.
Austin, TX
Purchased because I tend to get canker sores inside my mouth when I'm under a lot of stress and read that toothpastes that are sodium Laurel sulfate free will keep them from coming back. This definitely helped for that purpose but I was not a fan of the taste at all - much more of a baking soda taste than mint!
Grace M.
Selkirk, NY
This is a good all natural alternative to a more processed toothpaste if that is what you are looking for, but I did find some flaws. When I use this toothpaste I find that I wears off very quickly leaving me with bad breath, but if that is something you can look past it is a cheap natural alternative.
Tiffany S.
Indianapolis, IN
I have tried Tom's of Maine Natural Toothpaste but was not happy with it. It was hard for me to use because I would gag when using it. I used a trial toothpaste and did not purchase after finishing the trial size. I would not use it again unless I found another kind of Tom's that tasted better to me.
Tracey M.
West Seneca, NY
This may be a good product and it may be effective, but I didn't like the taste that much. Since taste is a personal preference, you may like this product more than I did. Since I didn't use it that much, I can't comment on the effectiveness of the product, but would recommend you give it a try!
Jennifer T.
Although this had a nice spearmint flavor, my teeth didn't feel very clean. I supplemented the brushing with some baking soda to break up the plaque film. This was easy to find but priced a lot higher than other toothpastes. It have gum recession and as a result some tooth sensitivity. This didn't further irritate the sensitive spots or make the inside of my mouth sore which other whitening toothpastes have done.
Kaaryn S.
Fayetteville, AR
I hated this toothpaste!! It was so grainy and harsh. It left your mouth feeling like you had gargled sand water. I just was not a fan. The flavor was ok, but I couldnt get past the texture and feeling of it. It was maybe because of the baking soda, but I just did not like it. I would stay away.
Gretchen R.
needham, in
Is your old toothpaste not cutting it? Give Tom's a try! I wanted to switch up my old routine and found this toothpaste to be refreshing. It doesn't feel like the classic toothpaste and surprised me in terms of what it could do for more of a 'natural' toothpaste. My teeth felt clean and there wasn't build up over the course of my day that can happen with other toothpaste. Good, but not my favorite toothpaste!
Melissa P.
Alexandria, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I started using this toothpaste several years ago when I found minty flavors to be too overpowering. Tom's toothpastes don't have as strong of a flavor as other brands (Crest, Colgate, etc.). I found it to be okay in comparison to other brands in regards to effectiveness. I wouldn't buy it again.