Tom's OF MAINE Silly Strawberry™ Fluoride-Free Children's Toothpaste uploaded by Kristien S.Tom's OF MAINE Silly Strawberry™ Fluoride-Free Children's Toothpaste uploaded by Jasselin A.

BY TOM'S OF MAINE

DESCRIPTION:

Fluoride-Free Children's Toothpaste in Silly Strawberry™

Our Fluoride Free Children's Toothpaste uses calcium and silica to gently clean, and the delicious real fruit flavor appeals to your child's taste. No artificial sparkles and bubble gum flavors found here! Because it's fluoride-free, you won't have to worry if more toothpaste ends up in your child's tummy than in the sink!

Fluoride free

No animal ingredients

Not tested on animals

Silly Enough for Kids - Good Enough for Moms and Dads! Our Fluoride-Free Toothpaste for Children uses calcium and silica to gently clean, and the delicious real fruit flavor appeals to your child's taste - not artificial sparkles and bubble gum flavors. Because it's fluoride-free, you won't have to worry if more toothpaste ends up in your child's tummy than in the sink!

INGREDIENTS
PURPOSE
SOURCE
GlycerinMoistenerVegetable Oils
WaterConsistencyAquifer
Fragaria vesca (strawberry) juice and other natural flavorsFlavor(Strawberry) juice and other natural flavors
Calcium carbonateMild abrasivePurified calcium from the earth
Hydrated silicaConsistencyPurified silica from the earth
CarrageenanThickenerSeaweed (Eucheuma sp.)
Sodium lauryl sulfateDispersantDerived from coconut and/or palm kernel oil

Lindsey K.
This is a decent product. I like that it contains no artificial colorings, flavorings, or preservatives and that it is not tested on animals. The kids like it because it is not excessively minty to the point that they are crying from the "minty burn". The toothpaste is white, and has a subtle strawberry scent. It is slighty minty, which can be a plus or minus depending on the user. The kids have an adversion to minty products so they love it, but personally I like when I'm doing the "toothbrush check"- i.e. making them open their mouths for me to take a whiff- that their breath smells minty, which this obviously does not do as well as mint-flavored toothpastes. I love how the dispenser has an easy flip top, as opposed to a tiny screw top that the kids are always losing, resulting in a dried-up mess of toothpaste at the tip and a painful surprise when said toothpaste top is accidentally stepped on by an unsuspecting parent. I wish this was a little less expensive, as I have too many kids who use WAY too much toothpaste but I can appreciate that with better products comes more expensive ingredients, so I get that. Overall, this is a really nice toothpaste for kids transitioning to "adult" toothpastes.
Kirsten K.
Laguna Beach
My 6 year old has been using this toothpaste, on and off, since she was 4.  It's one of the few that she likes, which is saying something.  I'm a fan of most of Toms'products--my husband and I like their black licorice flavored toothpaste.  it's hard to find anything but mint toothpaste in retail shops, so nice that Toms' carries some alternatives--both in the fruit flavored toothpastes for kids, and the more adventurous flavors for adults (the cinnamon is great too).  We'll be buying Toms forever, I'm pretty sure of it.   Oh, I dis knock off one star as the lid on the children's packaging is tough for a kid to open (my daughter is 6) not so good when you're trying to teach independence and good self-hygiene.  Would love to see them create packaging with an easier top/lid for children to open themselves.
Manda G.
Grove city, OH
I received a sample of this in my pinch me box for free. My son really likes it he said it taste good and it made his mouth feel fresh and smell like strawberries. It's hard to find toothpaste that doesn't taste like a mint for kids. So it's great that there something different on the market besides meant or bubblegum flavor for kids to try when brushing their teeth. It's a little expensive but it is definitely a product I would buy
Alicia B.
Florissant , MO
I LOVE THIS toothpaste for my little people. It doesn’t have all the harsh chemicals in it like others, and has a mild natural flavor in it. I always buy it. I recommend it for any natural minded parents who want to make sure their kids brush safely without fear of the fluoride.
Melissa S.
Emmaus, PA
I like it because it’s fluoride free. It belongs to my nephews. I used it at their house, so I personally didn’t purchase it. I haven’t used toddler/children’s toothpaste in ages. I will judge based on my 4 and 6 year old nephews - they really enjoy it. The flavor, personally, it made me gag. Kids seem to like it so I’d recommend.
Nikki S.
Caldwell, ID
This is a nice better-for-you toothpaste option for kids. I like the ingredient list, that I can find it at Target, and that it’s affordable. The strawberry flavor is a bit different for toothpaste and my kids prefer the mint over the this flavor.
Mariah G.
Ashtabula , OH
My kids are still working on the whole “spit the toothpaste out” thing so I like that this is fluoride free. They practically beg me to brush their teeth multiple times a day! The taste is great and doesn’t seem artificial.
Amie M.
Dracut, MA
I think most parents want ONLY the best for there kids, including healthiest too. I was really hoping my kids were gonna love this toothpaste seeing as it has natural ingredients and is much better for them then the leading brand. However they didn't care for the taste at all and wouldn't continue to use it. I hope that maybe in the future they'll make a new flavor or revamp the old ones and my kids can actually get on board with using it again.
Courtney F.
Purchased at: Walmart
Quite expensive toothpaste. No fluoride and my children hated the taste. The tube got messy quickly since it since on its lid and children have trouble squeezing the correct amount. I appreciate Tom’s as a brand but we did not repurchase this, in fact we had to throw out an almost full tube of toothpaste.
Jenifer O.
I bought this for my children when transitioning from toddler toothpaste to a regular one. I did not hold up to the claims. Their teeth just were not getting clean enough no matter how long I bushed their teeth.