BY TOM'S OF MAINE #84 in Toothpaste

DESCRIPTION:

Whole Care® Natural Toothpaste in Peppermint

We've been developing natural oral care solutions for over 40 years, and Whole Care® toothpaste offers many solutions in one. It fights cavities, whitens with naturally derived silicas by removing surface stains, freshens breath, and helps prevent plaque and tartar buildup with regular brushing. We produce this toothpaste with fluoride because we respect our customers' diverse needs and interests.

No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives

No animal ingredients

Not tested on animals

We've been developing natural oral care solutions for over 30 years, and Whole Care® toothpaste offers many solutions in one. It fights cavities, whitens with naturally sourced silicas, freshens breath, and helps prevent plaque and tartar buildup with regular brushing.

INGREDIENTS
PURPOSE
SOURCE
Sodium monofluorophosphate 0.76% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion)Decay preventionFluorspar (calcium fluoride), an ore
WaterConsistencyAquifer
Calcium carbonateMild abrasivePurified calcium from the earth
Hydrated silicaConsistencyPurified silica from the earth
XylitolFlavorBirch trees or corn
Natural FlavorFlavorPeppermint (mentha piperita) leaves and other natural flavor oils
Sodium lauryl sulfateDispersantDerived from coconut and/or palm kernel oil
CarrageenanThickenerSeaweed (Eucheuma sp.)
Sodium bicarbonateMouth freshnessPurified sodium bicarbonate from the earth
Zinc citrateFreshen breathDerived from purified zinc from the earth
Benzyl AlcoholNatural PreservativeDerived from Cassia Oil

• I'm looking for the best natural toothpaste. I like the ingredien...1 Answers
  • Does this hurt sensitive teeth due to the whitening agent in this...1 Answers
  • Does this help whitenen your teeth ??3 Answers
DeAnna W.
Tempe, AZ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I've been using this for about two weeks now per a recommendation and I like this toothpaste I just don't love it.  Maybe I am just used to using stronger brands but I don't feel like I get the same clean and minty fresh feeling after using this product. Plus, the taste isn't all that great. I paid a little more and switched brands to get a better, healthier product but I don't think I will repurchase after this tube is done.
Meghan W.
Cape Coral, FL
I was looking for a toothpaste without fluoride in it that was available for subscribe and save on Amazon. This one had great ratings so I ordered it. While my teeth DO feel clean it's barely minty and doesn't do much for freshening your breath. The worst part? I taste baking soda ALL DAY even coffee can't eradicate the semi salty taste of it. I cancelled my subscription to this product after 3 uses.
Carolyn H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Did not leave my breath feeling fresh and comes up short when it comes to natural, no-nonsense toothpaste. I have since switched to a fully natural, activated charcoal based toothpaste and find my teeth feeling cleaner and my gums healthier. My dentist noticed the switch and told me while I was using Whole Care that I should no longer use it, as I had more build-up than ever.
Courtney G.
Hoover
I am not a fan of this brand. It has a very liquid feel and not a very good taste. After a few uses, i had to throw it away because my teeth did not feel cleaner or my breath fresh after using it. I was not satisfied with this. Tom's OF MAINE Peppermint Enamel Strength® Toothpaste
Noelle B.
Brighton
This toothpaste is just sub-par in my opinion. My sister and her boyfriend swear by it and have used it for years. I decided to give it a try a few months back and I was less than impressed. I used it twice to three times daily and didn’t notice and extra teeth whitening or anything particularly special. I give it three stars because I do like that the ingredients are all-natural! That part is what drew me in to begin with. The taste of the toothpaste really isn’t that spectacular. For the price (which is about average or a little above average), I would recommend trying a different toothpaste.
Janna R.
Groton, MA
This is a big favorite of my family but I’ve never been able to get onboard. It’s a good, basic toothpaste but I never feel like my breath is kept as fresh as with others. My mouth feels much fresher and less stale with toothpastes like the Crest 3D White Whitening Toothpaste Radiant Mint
Allie V.
Los Angeles, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I bought this at Walgreens cos I’ve been changing my lifestyle a lot these days. Meaning using organic and not tested on animals products. This is the first time using this brand for toothpaste and let me just say my mouth feels much more clean and fresh! I use it 2 times per day everyday. It’s not a super expensive tooth paste i think the price point is great. If you’re on the market for organic this tooth paste is great.
Joanie S.
Crawfordsville
Not a fan at all. Even after brushing I felt that my teeth weren’t clean and neither was my breath. It was spicer than it should have been. Purchased it at Kroger and it did not meet my expectations. Would not buy again for any reason. Not worth the cost at all.
Kristina B.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I want to give it 5 stars but i just started using it and dont want to be too hasty. I like the taste of the paste its quite minty but id rather have it minty af than not at all. I have notice a difference in my teeth and mouth. They feel spotless and smooth and the clean feeling lasts 2x longer than other pastes i have used. I would definitely recommend trying it out!
Kristina B.
Rockville, MD
Love love love this toothpaste and brand. I purchased it from my local Whole Foods. It’s effective and gives your mouth a fresh feeling. It met and exceeded my expectations for toothpaste. Overall highly satisfied and will continue to purchase the toothpaste.
sara m.
Yakima, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
Does this help whitenen your teeth ??
Amy D.
Lake Mary, FL
I'm looking for the best natural toothpaste. I like the ingredients in this toothpaste, but concerned about the carrageenan in it. Is it harmful?
Catrina L.
Batavia, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Why don't they make a chocolate flavor?
m r.
Does this hurt sensitive teeth due to the whitening agent in this product?