BY TOM'S OF MAINE

DESCRIPTION:

Whole Care® Natural Toothpaste in Peppermint

We've been developing natural oral care solutions for over 40 years, and Whole Care® toothpaste offers many solutions in one. It fights cavities, whitens with naturally derived silicas by removing surface stains, freshens breath, and helps prevent plaque and tartar buildup with regular brushing. We produce this toothpaste with fluoride because we respect our customers' diverse needs and interests.

No artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives

No animal ingredients

Not tested on animals

We've been developing natural oral care solutions for over 30 years, and Whole Care® toothpaste offers many solutions in one. It fights cavities, whitens with naturally sourced silicas, freshens breath, and helps prevent plaque and tartar buildup with regular brushing.

INGREDIENTS
PURPOSE
SOURCE
Sodium monofluorophosphate 0.76% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion)Decay preventionFluorspar (calcium fluoride), an ore
WaterConsistencyAquifer
Calcium carbonateMild abrasivePurified calcium from the earth
Hydrated silicaConsistencyPurified silica from the earth
XylitolFlavorBirch trees or corn
Natural FlavorFlavorPeppermint (mentha piperita) leaves and other natural flavor oils
Sodium lauryl sulfateDispersantDerived from coconut and/or palm kernel oil
CarrageenanThickenerSeaweed (Eucheuma sp.)
Sodium bicarbonateMouth freshnessPurified sodium bicarbonate from the earth
Zinc citrateFreshen breathDerived from purified zinc from the earth
Benzyl AlcoholNatural PreservativeDerived from Cassia Oil

• I'm looking for the best natural toothpaste. I like the i...1 Answers
  • Does this hurt sensitive teeth due to the whitening agent...1 Answers
  • Does this help whitenen your teeth ??3 Answers
Julie P.
Tom's OF MAINE Peppermint Whole Care® Toothpaste .. All I can say is ew. I hoped I would like this toothpaste. I REALLY wanted to like this toothpaste! But I did not like this toothpaste whatsoever. It has a somewhat strange taste to it while using it, and the aftertaste is even worse! Colgate may not be all-natural, but I'm sticking with my tried and true!
Noelle B.
Brighton
This toothpaste is just sub-par in my opinion. My sister and her boyfriend swear by it and have used it for years. I decided to give it a try a few months back and I was less than impressed. I used it twice to three times daily and didn’t notice and extra teeth whitening or anything particularly special. I give it three stars because I do like that the ingredients are all-natural! That part is what drew me in to begin with. The taste of the toothpaste really isn’t that spectacular. For the price (which is about average or a little above average), I would recommend trying a different toothpaste.
Tessa V.
Demarest, NJ
I really liked the way this tasted, but I didn’t think it did a great job with making my mouth feel clean. I also felt the same way while using the deodorant by the same brand. I appreciate that it’s all natural but these products don’t really get the job done for the price they are.
Allie V.
Los Angeles, CA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I bought this at Walgreens cos I’ve been changing my lifestyle a lot these days. Meaning using organic and not tested on animals products. This is the first time using this brand for toothpaste and let me just say my mouth feels much more clean and fresh! I use it 2 times per day everyday. It’s not a super expensive tooth paste i think the price point is great. If you’re on the market for organic this tooth paste is great.
Joanie S.
Crawfordsville
Not a fan at all. Even after brushing I felt that my teeth weren’t clean and neither was my breath. It was spicer than it should have been. Purchased it at Kroger and it did not meet my expectations. Would not buy again for any reason. Not worth the cost at all.
Lindsey J.
Olathe, KS
I like that its all natural and everything but it left my mouth not clean and smelling bad. It doesn't do everything it needs to. I bought it at Whole Foods, and I only used it once and will probably never buy again. I was not not satisfied at all. Dont buy
Jamie A.
Jessup
I keep wanting to use a more natural tooth paste, and this is one I’ve tried more then once. It just doesn’t make my mouth fresh. I’m assuming the natural flavor just isn’t as strong as the regular brands, which is probably good, but I just can’t do it.
Ashley H.
Grand Blanc, MI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I’m not really sure what to say. Tasted ok. No weird texture like Burt’s Bees toothpaste did. I’d probably buy it again but would prefer to try their fluoride free version instead next time. Pretty good for a natural tooth paste.
Porsha P.
I didn't feel like this brand really did the job. It didn't feel fresh or clean, and definitely didn't meet my expectations. I'm not sure if it was very effective in cleaning, as I didn't use it long. I just wasn't impressed.
Tori J.
Cleaned my teeth well but always made them extra sensitive. They hurt for days after I finished the tube. Did taste fine and helped with whitening. My teeth are just really sensitive, so watch out if you have sensitive teeth.
sara m.
yakima, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
Does this help whitenen your teeth ??
Amy D.
Lake Mary, FL
I'm looking for the best natural toothpaste. I like the ingredients in this toothpaste, but concerned about the carrageenan in it. Is it harmful?
Catrina L.
Batavia, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Why don't they make a chocolate flavor?
m r.
Does this hurt sensitive teeth due to the whitening agent in this product?