BY TOM'S OF MAINE

Original deodorant stick.  Improved with hops.  Contains hops extract to inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria. Gentle, effective, natural. Aluminum-Free formula fights odor naturally. Dear Friends, We ve discovered an innovative new way to fight odor naturally -- with hops!  Our original formula now includes active ingredients from hops, which inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria while maintaining effectiveness.  Please let us know what you think! Katie and Tom Chappell Cofounders, Tom s of Maine How our Original Deodorants work: Unpleasant odor is caused by skin bacteria when we sweat -- so how can you eliminate this odor naturally? Inhibit the growth of odor-causing bacteria.   The antimicrobial action of the botanical ingredient hops inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria. Improved odor protection with hops.   Tom s of see more...

• Is this good because my friend was allergic to it so idk if its goo...3 Answers
  • A friend told me this gave her a rash under her arms, I didn't have...10 Answers
  • Is it just me or does this deodorant make you sme...Be the first to answer!
Buy on Vitamin...*
Marissa E.
Marissa E.
Not rating this poorly because of non-antipersperant qualities...honestly i feel like people shouldnt complain about that because it doesnt say thats what it is but anyways...what i didnt like about this was the reaction it causes my skin! My underarms got all peely an flaky and weird and gross when i used it and i also didnt like the texture. And i dont really like roll on deodorants in general. I just made myself a mix of magnesium oil. Rosewater&glycerin and witg hazel for a new natural deodorant so ill see how that works out. My mom uses magnesium oil alone and she never smells bad so yeah...
Evelina L.
Evelina L.
Brooklyn, NY
I found that over time there was this smell in my room and around my clothes and I couldn't place my finger on it. It wasn't human body odor. It had a subtle chemical smell to it. After further investigation I found the source to be this deodorant stick. It's unfortunate because the formula was easy to apply and it doesn't crack, but I wanted an unscented deodorant stick. Not only does this actually have a scent, but the subtle residual smell it gives off is just awful.
Shanna W.
Shanna W.
Cave Spring, GA
I have to use an aluminum free deodorant because I'm allergic to most deodorants. While this one has its draw backs (sticky at first, wears off easily, have to keep reapplying) the scent is strong and covers up better than most aluminum free deodorant if you get the lavender.

While there are other aluminum based deodorants that work much better, for what this is it's pretty good. This is the only one I've found that works AT ALL even if I do have to keep applying it.
Lupita1 s.
Lupita1 s.
Ridgewood, NY
I love the idea behind this brand. ALL NATURAL Ingredients and has no aluminum. It says that it's unscented but I find that it has a very soft lemon scent. It's nothing over powering. I like how easy it glides onto the skin and is very light weight. If you sweat a lot this is a product you might want to stay away from . It doesn't help to keep you dry. So far it's not bad for me . I've worked out in it and it's been holding on .
Summer O.
Summer O.
Peoria, IL
My favorite deodorant of all time! For this being an all natural deodorant it works really well and has a great price. It smells good and the fact that it is aluminum free makes it way better for you. It holds up all day for me but if you get very sweaty you should definitely go with the long lasting version or even the men's stick which smells just as good in my opinion!
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
South Bend, IN
I LOVE to try out new products... Especially if they're natural. However, this deodorant seemed to make me smell worse than I ever have in my life after only a few hours of wear. Also, after a few weeks it began it burn my underarms and left a huge red purplish rash the size of a pancake. I'm sad it didn't work out but I'm on the hunt for a better natural deodorant!
Kara P.
Kara P.
Ooltewah , TN
My daughter is allergic to a ingredient in regular deodorant so we buy natural brands. I have tried many types and brands. I liked that this one is easily found in our local grocery store for a good price. However it didn't seem to keep her fresh and turned her armpit a slight gray color. We have moved to another brand with better results.
Abby B.
Abby B.
I used this for about two years and then gradually my armpits started to get really irritated, the skin around my pit got really red and itchy. It was s bummer because I liked using it for so long! My friend had a similar problem too. Maybe my skin is sensitive so this may be great for others but it stopped working for me unfortunately.
Maya M.
Maya M.
Jacksonville, NC
I decided to give this a try after hearing how bad aluminum was for you. I did a whole month on this to form a valid opinion. I live in the south near the ocean so it's humid here and this did nothing. It barely lasted an hour before I was wet and I could smell myself. I'm going back to regular deo until I can find one that works.
Chris A.
Chris A.
Doesn't work for long periods of time. It wears it quickly since it doesn't stick to your armpits like the aluminium component helps with. It's fine for a casual grocery shopping day , not a work day unless you plan to reapply multiple times. The effectiveness can also be because of my diet, food i eat, and activities i do.
Heather C.
Heather C.
A friend told me this gave her a rash under her arms, I didn't have this issue - did anyone else?
Danielle P.
Danielle P.
Hempstead, NY
Is this good because my friend was allergic to it so idk if its good or not
Trang N.
Trang N.
Wellness Guru Expert
Is it just me or does this deodorant make you smell weird? Tom's of Maine Original Care Natural Aluminum Free Deodorant Stick