BY TOM'S OF MAINE #86 in Deodorant & Antiperspirant

DESCRIPTION:

Antiperspirant in Natural Powder

Our antiperspirant sticks provide clinically proven 24-hour wetness and odor protection made entirely from ingredients derived from plants and minerals. They contain a wetness protection ingredient made from recycled aluminum (which was originally derived from mineral bauxite ore), anti-microbial olive leaf extract, and 100% natural fragrance.

No artificial fragrances or preservatives

No animal ingredients

Not tested on animals

Tom’s of Maine antiperspirant sticks provide clinically proven 24-hour wetness and odor protection made entirely from ingredients derived from plants and minerals that meet our stewardship model for safe, effective and natural. Our antiperspirant contains a wetness protection ingredient made from recycled aluminum (which was originally derived from natural mineral bauxite ore). The product also contains anti-microbial olive leaf extract, 100% natural fragrance and is free of artificial preservatives and animal ingredients, just like all our products.

Ingredient
Purpose
Source
Aluminum ChlorohydrateReduces perspiration wetnessRecycled Aluminum originally from mineral bauxite
Palm Kernel OilSkin ConditioningOil from Palm (Elaeis guineensis) Kernels
Stearyl AlcoholConsistencyOils from Coconut (Coco nucifera) and Palm (Elaeis guineensis) kernels
Dicaprylyl etherSkin FeelOils from Coconut (Coco nucifera) and Palm (Elaeis guineensis) kernels
Hydrogenated Soybean OilConsistencySoy Beans
Hydrogenated Castor OilConsistencyCastor (Ricinis communis) Beans
TalcSilky feelNatural Mineral Deposits
Natural FragrancePleasant smellNatural plant oils
Olive Leaf ExtractOdor fightingOlive (Olea europea) Leaves
MaltodextrinSkin feelCorn (Zea mays)

• I have always wanted to try this brand of deodorant but d...2 Answers
  • I've read reviews about users feeling intense burning whe...5 Answers
  • Is this product aluminum free?6 Answers
Lorie C.
Batavia, OH
Natural is a bit misleading with this brand. I was so excited when I found an all natural anti-perspirant and deodorant that would work for me. However when I got home after a couple days of use, which the product was amazing. The sticker on the front and ever so small print told me that it was made from natural aluminum. Aluminum in my deodorant doesn’t make me believe that it’s really all natural. That’s the very ingredient that’s been linked to cancer. So I immediately stopped use of this product. Did a charcoal detox and went back to Schmitz. My hippie meaning of natural and toms meaning of natural seem to go down to different paths.
Jessica R.
Queen Creek, AZ
Anything natural is always preferred and I will frequently try new brands. I was excited to try this but it did not work for me. It was really drying under my arms. It literally would absorb all mosturize which was great at first but then became dry and I started getting chaffing. And I'm one of those if I can smell my deodorant while sweating and it smells good, it's working type person. This after awhile had really no smell but I guess I just like my pits to smell like fruitiful goddesses 💁 would love to see more mainstream brands have natural products.
Angela N.
Bemidji
I was really wanting to find a deodorant that didn’t have so many harmful chemicals and was better for me and the environment. This antiperspirant works great for me, I’ve always had issues sweating and the only thing that ever worked for me was men’s deodorant, I’m so happy I’ve found this. The only thing I don’t like is that it goes on really thick, almost like a chalky glue and sometimes leaves a residue coating my armpit hair. I wearing it daily though and I think the thickness is mild compared to how overall good this product works
Yaritza F.
Boston
I did not like this product as much as I wanted to. I do not have a strong body odor and this product has a light powdery scent which I like. If you have a strong body odor I would boot recommend it. Also it dries on white and it’s very pasty. I have not finished the product but it has melted and became kind of gooey.
Kristin C.
This is really great deodorant! I’m allergic to the aluminum in normal deodorant, but this doesn’t have it so I can use it all the time! It’s unscented, so you don’t have to worry about smell and it is a thick powder stick, so not as soft as other deodorant brands. This one seems to be made slightly better than the other Toms deodorants, as it has a stronger formula and I don’t have to reapply several times a day with this. Apply once daily and you’re good to go!
Alexis C.
Raleigh, NC
The scent I tried was actually lavender, but that wasn’t an option to chose from on this list, so I writing my review under this scent. The lavender has a really nice natural scent without being cloying. Being an ANTIPERSPIRANT along with the deodorant- it worked REALLY well!! I stay BONE dry whenever I used it, which is a first for me! It’s the only antiperspirant I will use now!
Alex S.
CA
My favorite deodorant ever! I'll start off by saying that I'm not an incredibly sweaty person, but I do perspire a bit and participate in physical activity several days a week including, running, yoga, and volleyball. The scent of this is quite fresh and not too strong, like many other options that I've tried. Despite this, it still keeps my sensitive underarms nice and dry throughout the day. It has never given me any irritation and doesn't leave my underarms feeling uncomfortable or sticky. I really do recommend this to anybody who is looking for a simple deodorant while on a budget.
Kelly T.
I made the switch from schmidt's because I would get some chaffing. And ever since using Tom's I've been better. Doesn't cause me any irritation and I smell good throughout the day. The scent is a little strong but the smell isn't annoying. I'm glad I switched to Tom's!
Jordie M.
Claremont, NH
I really like this product. I just wish it was aluminum free! So far this is the best cruelty free replacement I can find for my previous deodorant/antiperspirant. I do love that the aluminum they use in this product is ethically sourced, but I still don’t like the idea of rubbing it into my pores. It has an incredible scent and the wetness protection works very well.
Sophia S.
Good price, ingredients and lasts long! I bought it at this health food store in Hawaii on sale.. I love this and Schmidt’s. However, I did not like other scenes of Tom’s. This is the only one that has lasting power ..
Raven G.
Gaithersburg, MD
Is this product aluminum free?
Beth H.
Conway, SC
I've read reviews about users feeling intense burning when using this deodorant is this a normal reaction from this deodorant?
Charlotte B.
Fairfax Sta, VA
So if this is an antiperspirant, it contains aluminum? What makes it so health-conscious?
Elyse O.
Philadelphia, PA
Do you notice much of a difference between the Naturally Dry versus that regular Tom's deodorants?
Angelica S.
I have always wanted to try this brand of deodorant but does it really work as well as the others?

back