BY TOM'S OF MAINE

Contains fluoride for cavity prevention and calcium for clean teeth.

Fluoride helps prevent cavities

Fluoride helps remineralize soft spots on teeth before they turn into full - fledged cavities and strengthens the tooth structure so enamel becomes more resistant to decay.

Uses: Aids in the prevention of dental cavities.

Dear friends

When we founded Tom's of Maine in 1970, we based it on the idea that nature has answers to our everyday needs. What makes our products so effective? We use natural ingredients in innovative ways without adding any artificial flavors, fragrances, colors, or preservatives. Our toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, and deodorant products have proven our original belief: ingredients from nature really work. Please let us know what you think!

Suggested Use

• Adults and children 2 years of age and older: Brush teeth thoroughly, preferably after each meal or at least twice a day, or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
  • Instruct children under 6 years of age in good brushing and rinsing habits ( to minimize swallowing ).
  • Supervise children as necessary until capable of using without supervision.
  • Children under 2 years of age: Consult a dentist or doctor.
  • Children under 6: Use a pea - sized amount.

Other Ingredients

IngredientPurposeSource
Calcium carbonateMild abrasivePurified calcium bicarbonate
WaterConsistencyMaine aquifer
GlycerinMoistenerVegetable oils
XylitolFlavorBirch trees
Sodium lauryl sulfateDispersantDerived from coconut oil
Spearmint and peppermint oilsFlavorSpearmint (Mentha viridis) and peppermint (Mentha piperita) leaves
CarrageenanThickenerSeaweed (Chondrus crispus)

Active ingredient : Purpose

Sodium monofluorophosphate ( 0.15% w/v fluoride ion ) : Anticavity

Warnings

For external use only.

• Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age.
  • If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Disclaimer

While iHerb strives to ensure the accuracy of its product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our site. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by iHerb.

stefanie b.
helena, AL
I got hooked on Tom’s of Maine toothpaste and I’ve been using it for over a year. Fluoride free and they have one for sensitive teeth that uses natural components rather than chemicals to fight the sensitivity.
Callie F.
Conway, AR
This is a good toothpaste. It was hard to transition from “normal” toothpaste to this kind those. It has a thinner consistency so you have to put more on your brush. I don’t think it whitens though.
Kearra N.
Tigard, OR
The taste isn’t my favorite, & neither is the after taste it leaves. I felt clean/natural whilst using it, but I didn’t feel like I got the clean I wanted from it. I would stick to using other toothpastes, despite the chemicals they include. If I ever turn into a hippie, I would be more than happy to use this :)
Tiffany F.
Cincinnati, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This leaves your mouth extremely clean but the taste of the raw peppermint and tea tree oils are way too overpowering for me. My mouth burns quite a bit after using this toothpaste and it leaves a very weird aftertaste probably because of the high natural oil concentration.
Abi A.
When I tried this toothpaste when visiting my great aunt,it was my first time and I liked it. It felt fresh and different,the only downside was that when I got back home I jus couldn’t find it as easily as I would the other toothpastes.
Ashley S.
I love TOMS & this flavor. Mild flavor, but my mouth always feels clean. The cost is reasonable and I like buying from a company that does not test on animals & using natural ingredients. I also buy the kids version for my son
Carissa P.
Mcdonough, GA
I love Toms and that its all natural with no fluoride.  Its affordable and does leave my mouth feeling clean. Doesn't foam as much as typical toothpaste which took adjusting but wasn't bad. I usually buy mine at Walmart and its always stocked.
Gianna W.
wilmington
This tooth paste I bought from target and it helps to get rid of cavities and keeps all the teeth clean and white so it’s pretty effective and gentle at the same time I’m a repeat user and I’d buy it again
Carrie D.
Monroe, NC
Not a huge fan of the Toms of Maine toothpaste. It can be purchase in most stores now, and I have honestly only purchased it once. It does the trick, but feels grainy and doesn’t taste very good.
Casey E.
Wilmington, NC
I love it being a good and “clean” product but I honestly don’t really feel like it did it’s job. I did not repurchase this particular kind but definitely open to try other Tom’s products.