BY TOM'S OF MAINE

DESCRIPTION:

Tom's of Maine Natural Beauty Bar Gentle Exfoliating with Exfoliating Apricot Seeds

Natural Beauty Bar Exfoliating reveals a radiant skin - without the artificial or synthetic ingredients found in many conventional brands. Gentle Exfoliating bar soap formula from Tom's of Maine combines natural apricot seeds to gently remove old, dull skin and is enriched with premium moisturizing olive oil and natural vitamin E. Naturally radiant skin - without the artificial or synthetic ingredients that you don't want on your skin today, or in your world tomorrow. It's clinically proven to maintain the moisture of your skin with every use and dermatologist tested.

What makes a product good? At Tom's it's includes how they make it.

• No animal testing or animal ingredients
  • Tom's share every ingredient, its purpose, and its source
  • Sustainable practices are a priority in every aspect of their business
  • No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
  • Tom's strive to maximize recycled content and recyclability or their packaging.

What Tom's of Maine Doesn't Use In TheirProducts

Artificial colors
Because Tom's do not add artificial colors, the appearance of our products may vary from batch to batch.

Artificial flavors or fragrances
Tom's do not use any synthetic flavors, colors, or fragrances. Tom's customers prefer the fresh, natural taste and smell of herbs, fruits, and flowers (or no fragrance at all!).

Artificial preservatives (EDTA, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.)
Natural preservatives work as well or better than artificial alternatives. For example, we use rosemary to help guard freshness in our soaps.

Animal ingredients
Tom's support of non-animal-testing models also includes the belief that Tom's doesn't need to use animal ingredients to create effective products. Just one example: glycerin, used in toothpastes and soaps, is often made from animal ingredients, but their is vegetable-based.

Ethylene glycol
Ethylene glycol can be found in hair care products and facial/body washes as a fragrance ingredient, a solvent, and as an aid in controlling viscosity. Tom's use water and ingredients derived from corn, coconut and palm kernel oils, and sea salt to control consistency in our body washes, and natural fragrances in all of our products.

Gluten
Aside from our liquid hand soap and body wash, which contain wheat protein, all other Tom's of Maine products are gluten-free. Tom's do not use alcohol, casein or caseinate, MSG, wheat, oats, barley, rye, malt, spelt, kamut, HPP, or HVP. None of our flavor oils are grain-distilled. Tom's do not use flour of any kind in their manufacturing process for conveyor belts or for any other purpose, and their containers are not dusted with flour before filling.

Grapefruit seed extract
Studies have shown that natural preparations of this ingredient do not show antimicrobial activity; instead, it is commercial preparations that include synthetic antimicrobials or preservatives that show antimicrobial activity due to those artificial ingredients. Tom's instead use hops for their natural antimicrobial action in their deodorants. (Armando, C., Maythe, S., Beatriz, N. P. Antioxidant activity of grapefruit seed extract on vegetable oils. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 1997 Dec:77(4):463-467.)

Parabens
Parabens are used as fragrance ingredients or as preservatives. Tom's  rely instead on natural preservatives and ingredients.

Peroxides
Tom's do not use bleach or peroxide in their whitening toothpastes; Tom's instead use silica from sand to clean your teeth and create a whiter appearance.

Phthalates
Phthalates are used to improve the performance of some personal care/cosmetic products (for example, to fix fragrance in a formula), but Tom's have always avoided this class of ingredient.

Saccharin or other artificial sweeteners
Many conventional toothpastes contain artificial sweeteners; our customers prefer a less-sweet natural flavor. Tom'suse natural sweeteners such as xylitol and rely on the naturally delicious tastes of fruits and herbs to flavor our toothpastes.

Triclosan
Tom's products do not contain the ingredient triclosan.

Amanda D.
Overland Park
I have extremely dry and sensitive skin. This bar of soap gets me clean without sacrificing moisture in my skin! I will be buy this again . The bar lathered up very well as well. I would recommend to a friend !
Danielle C.
Fairly good for an exfoliant bar. Have only purchases this products once. Smells great not too sure if I would purchase again I like the fact that the exfoliant is already in the soap just not too sure how I feel about using it all over unless I scrub the soap into a wash rag which some of the exfoliant comes off on the rag.
Andrea Q.
Good Product.  Tom's OF MAINE Gentle Exfoliating Natural Beauty Bar Soap Had a nice smell.  The product was as advertised. Pros- the exfoliant in the soap was gentle, yet effective. Effective- it smelled and exfoliated nicely. This product was affordable for the ingredients & knowing you are not putting chemicals on your body is what I was looking for.
Emily H.
Oak Creek, WI
This soap is great! It lathers nicely and has a fresh clean scent that lasts all day. It doesn’t strip my skin and instead leaves it moisturized and squeaky clean. It is easy to find in stores and affordable.
Candace H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This soap does exactly what it says, exfoliates. The soap works well and has a pleasant scent. I use this product about once a week to get rid of any dead skin and it seems to help the lotion that I use absorb better.
Hannah P.
Northampton , MA
I love all of tom's of maine soap bars! This one makes my body smooth but mpisturized. I have sensitive skin so it is good for thag too.
Alicia E.
Goose Creek, SC
This product is amazing. I love that it's all natural ingredients and it works great with my oily skin. Leaves my skin feeling so soft.
Ashley A.
I love these, super soft and moisturizing and not too pricey. I love using different soaps but these are some of my faves
rebecca j.
north saint Paul, Minnesota
Love this product! i always try to go with natural if i can and this does not dissapoint. leaves my akin feeling great
Fann H.
Grosse Pointe
Perfect for legs and all over for gentle exfoliating and making you feel extra fresh and clean