BY TOM'S OF MAINE

DESCRIPTION:

Our effective line of long-lasting, aluminum-free deodorant sticks uses odor-fighting hops to provide 24-hour odor protection to help keep you feeling fresh throughout the day. We produce this deodorant without aluminum because we respect our customers' diverse needs and interests.

Aluminum free

No artificial fragrances or preservatives

No animal ingredients

Not tested on animals

INGREDIENTS
PURPOSE
SOURCE
Propylene glycol (vegetable derived)ConsistencyVegetable oils
WaterConsistencyAquifer
Sodium stearateConsistencyCoconut (Cocos nucifera) and palm (Elaeis guineensis) oils
Aloe barbadensis leaf juice (Organic)Soothing feelOrganic aloe (Aloe barbadensis) plant
Glyceryl laurateDeodorancyVegetable oils
Humulus lupulus (hops) [CO2] extractDeodorancyHops (Humulus lupulus) cones
Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oilMoisturizerSunflower (Helianthus annuus) seeds
Ascorbic acidAntioxidantCitrus Fruits
Cymbopogon flexuosus oil (Organic)DeodorancyOrganic lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) plant

• Is there another brand out there besides Tom's that doesn...1 Answers
  • Does anyone have any breakouts from this? My daughter see...10 Answers
  • Where can I buy it??2 Answers
Shannon M.
La Crosse, VA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I purchased this deodorant in the scent wild lavender. Prior to this, the only other retail natural deodorants I have used are  Schmidt's Lavender Sage Natural Deodorant and  Schmidts Deodorant Rose Vanilla 2.65 oz which both made my skin raw and rashy. Luckily, I have not ran into that problem with this product. The reason I am giving it 3 out of 5 stars is because the odor protection is not as advertised. It is supposed to last 24hrs, but after a few hours in the heat, I find myself hoping that no one else notices my sweaty lavender smell. It isn't too bad if you aren't exposed to heat for a lengthy time. I have also noticed that this deodorant is slightly sticky in comparison to another deodorant that I have used with the same solid gel like consistency. I have yet to find a retail natural deodorant that can compete with my favorite from Etsy.
Crowned G.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This deodorant was TERRIBLE. Although the scent was very pleasant, the aftermath of it was not worth it. First off, its a pretty pricey deodorant although it's natural, Arm & hammer sells a better natural one for $2-3 depending on where you purchase it from. This deodorant doesn't even last 24 hours like it says it does, I have to reapply 3-4 times a day. I also started to get red bumps and irritation from it because it was the only new thing I added to my regimine. I had to go to the doctor to be prescribed a cream just for relief. This is a terrible deodorant for my sensitive skin, I don't recommend purchasing it. 1/5 🌟.
Monica W.
Bend, OR
Meh.

I really loved the scent of this deodorant, and it definitely worked better than the Jason's natural lavender deodorant I'd tried.

But the thing with natural deodorants, if you don't reapply them you are gonna start gettin stanky! This one was really nice when I would first apply it and actually lasted longer than the Jason's. I guess using this versus the traditional stuff, do you want cancer of the lymphnodes in your pits caused by the harsh aluminums in antiperspirant deodorants? I don't. I'd rather deal with the reapplying than have to worry about cancers from chemicals. Stank it up!
Brianna B.
Summerville, SC
I love this deodorant and the apricot smell. The lavender has a very strong scent which I find refreshing. I use this because there’s no aluminum and probably the most natural type of deodorant a person can find in a store like Walmart. I’ve heard or people getting cancer from certain deodorants so I like to play it as safe as possible. I don’t worry with this brand and the fact that it keeps me smelling and feeling fresh is the reason I continue to use it.
Jessica C.
Camp Lejeune
I am a natural product hunter! I have issues with sweating profusely. This is affordable and I found it at my local market but it doesn’t help with the sweat. I’m okay with that because of the peace of mind that I’m not doing damage to my body! Only downside is that after wearing it, at the end of the day I smell worse than if I hadn’t applied any deodorant at all.
KiiLove K.
Elk Grove Village
Tom’s is a great company! It really makes me feel better knowing that I’m using a product that doesn’t include aluminum, parabens, or artificial fragrance. This is great for people who want to make the switch to a more natural deodorant. It has a nice, light scent. The only thing that I don’t like is that it saids 24 hr odor protection and you definitely don’t get that. I usually start to smell after maybe 4 or 5 hrs which sucks when I have more of an active day at work. I don’t smell as much as when I used Tom's OF MAINE Natural Powder Antiperspirant. So, I’m still on the hunt for a natural deodorant that does the job!
Renee M.
Tucson
I love the smell of the wild lavender, i like the idea that if you smell my deodorant, it will smell better than me at that point. And i did want something that was natural. The label says 24 hour odor protection, this was all wrong for me, after 4 hours I stunk, and was not happy, i find myself continually shopping for another brand, not happy with the results of this one.
Aylana a.
This deodorant is natural and contains no aluminum that’s the main reason why I purchased it. I don’t really like this sent to me and makes me smell worse. Also I don’t know if I actually prevents order for 24 hours because I do not sweat a lot. If you decide to order this I recommend going to the store and finding out which scent you like best.
Bethany G.
Irvington, KY
I have slowly started to incorporate more natural items into my routine, and this deodorant is one of them. I tried the Tom’s that wasn’t antiperspirant but it didn’t work out for me because I sweat A LOT. I think this deodorant does the trick and I really enjoy it. Only downside is I feel like the stick runs out a lot faster than other deodorants.
Alexis D.
Washington, DC
I enjoy using this deodorant because it doesn’t irritate my skin like others have in the past. While it doesn’t stop you from sweating completely, it helps me out by reducing the amount that I sweat and keeps me from smelling terrible. Not expensive and good for sensitive skin!
Nicole K.
Does anyone have any breakouts from this? My daughter seems to have irritated skin so I stopped allowing her to use it for now however being a natural product seemed to worry me with the irritation.
Griselda V.
Fort Worth, TX
I am looking for a new deodorant that does not contain Aluminum ? This is one of the options but I have been hearing some bad reviews and of y'all ladies can help me with some info thanks in advance !
Margaret S.
Glen Oaks, NY
I am trying to simplify my beauty routine and use products with more natural ingredients. How effective is this deodorant?
Amy M.
How well does this last? Will it hold up to a regular 8 hour work shift?
Syrie C.
My armpits are very sensitive, so I'm using the cheapest natural deodorant I can find but its not exactly great at blocking much body odor. This deodorant is about $2 more expensive. Is it worth the upgrade? Is it a good at preventing odors?

Amazon