Tom Ford Illuminating Protective Primer

by Tom Ford

TOM FORDIlluminating PrimerDetailsThe first step to flawless makeup application. This revolutionary hybrid product seamlessly blends the worlds of skincare and makeup by combining the Tom Ford Infusing Complex with new skin retexturing ingredients. It increases cellular vitality, helps protect the skin against free radicals and contours the features while enhancing texture, toning and visibly brightening the skin. A luminous and flawless canvas is created for comfortable and long-lasting Color. Apply a small amount to face after concentrate and moisturizer and before foundation. Dermatologist tested. The Tom Ford Infusing Complex infuses skin with a potent combination of specially selected nutrients that help skin stimulate its natural repair mechanisms. By helping skin cells replenish their natural energy, it fundamentally rejuvenates the complexion, so it looks and feels brighter, fresher and less tired. High-performing antioxidants help protect the skin, creating a vital-looking face. The skin is left looking renewed, resilient and smoother. 30mL/1. 01 fl. oz. Designer About Tom Ford Beauty: Tom Ford is one of the most celebrated American designers of his era. He launched the TOM FORD brand in 2005 with a mission to redefine modern luxury for the 21st century. Comprising menswear and womenswear, accessories, eyewear and beauty, TOM FORD is synonymous with sexy, timeless elegance, superior materials and workmanship, and outstanding personal service.

Does this really work for oily skin?
Tom Ford has lot of BEAUTIFUL products!! How is this face primer??
I have combination skin and acne prone skin, would this still work well with my skin? And for the price? The pay off is it worth it?
Start your review of Tom Ford Illuminating Protective Primer!
3 months ago
If this were cheaper it would have 5 stars. It's an awesome product, but I can't justify the high price point. My skin looks glows even with a matte foundation on top and I love that, but you have to be conservative with the amount you're putting on your face, otherwise you'll look like a greaseball. Try a sample before you buy it. I can see this being a hit or miss for a lot of people.
2 months agoScottsdale, AZ
I don't hate this product, but I don't love it either. I have dry skin, and this product makes my face look greasy. When I bought it, the salesperson said that I could use this as a moisturizer as well, so maybe this is why the product makes my makeup runny. I do like the texture of this product and do like that it goes on smoothly, but I don't use it as a true primer for makeup.
10 months agoChicago, IL
Purchased at: Nordstrom
This primer gets 3 stars In my book because of the price. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good primer! It provides a hydrating base with a subtle sheen and prolongs the wear of your makeup. However, I don’t find it to be more remarkable than other primers at half the cost. If you are a label gal, and can afford Tom Ford, id say go for it! But if you’re on a budget, there are more adorable options that will yield similar results.
3 months agoShelby Twp , MI
Pretty good primer! Love the formula. Works well under foundations and beauty products. However, avoid over using the product as it can start to pill. Also allow your moisturizer to fully absorb before applying. And let your primer also dry down before foundation
7 months agoRedmond, OR
Once again, you can’t go wrong with Tom Ford products. Luxury makeup and skincare is definitely worth the investment. This gives a absolute flawless based and makes foundation ahead beautifully. I highly recommend this
2 years agoEl Cajon, CA
This is for like people that have majorly DRY skin, if you do want to buy it use a little amount before your foundation. Mixed teeny bit with my regular foundation (not dewy one) and it adds such a lovely all over glow to the skin. I love doing that for evenings mostly.Used as a highlighter after doing my foundation and using it on the high points of my face. I like that effect but it’s not my fav way of highlighting. I feel since I skin is wheatish, the pearly finish kinda looks a bit fake when I use the illuminator on top of the foundation. This method may work for someone with fair skin and cooler undertones.Now my most fav way. Use it after using a moisturiser just on the high points of my face and then apply my foundation. It gives such a gorgeous glow-within kind of a look to the skin. I use it on my cheek bones, cupid’s bow, forehead and above the eyebrows. Then I apply my foundation after it. It makes my skin look sooo good. My skin glows at just the right places. You can use it below your tinted moisturiser. (I'm sorry this is one of my best I guess you can say primers I have ever had definitely my HOLY GRAIL FOR LIFE) Tom Ford Illuminating Protective Primer
3 years ago
I absolutely love this stuff it smells so amazing it feels so good on your faith this is a truly must have for me and it does last on me all day and I do have oily skinI would definitely recommend this to all of my friends I will be buying this product over and over again
2 years ago
This is such a great primer. I have combo/dry skin and it gives such a beautiful illumination to the face. It nicely hides my large pores and has a nice finish on the skin. It's definitely pricey so it's not my every day primer, but it lasts for hours and hours and is my go-to primer for 10+ hour days.
a year ago
It is a shame that Tom Ford had come to this level. The smell of the primer was disgusting!! Everytime I would apply it on, I felt like I wanted to puke. The texture was sticky and for some reason did not affect the lastingness of my makeup. I spent so much on it and regret it💔
a year agoDenver , CO
This primer literally made my skin look like it was perfectly photo shopped. It gives the most beautiful amount of glow and sets the tom ford liquid foundation perfectly!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...