Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen

by Tom Ford

TOM FORDEye Defining PenDetailsComplete the look of the Tom Ford seductive eye with exceptional polish, using the innovative, dual-ended liquid liner. Formulated in the blackest shade of black, it delivers ultimate precision and makes fluid strokes easy to achieve. Featuring a fine calligraphy tip on one end and a brush on the other, creating a spectrum of transforming effects: from classic, sleek lines to dramatic wing tips for a sultry doe eye. Designer About Tom Ford Beauty: Tom Ford is one of the most celebrated American designers of his era. He launched the TOM FORD brand in 2005 with a mission to redefine modern luxury for the 21st century. Comprising menswear and womenswear, accessories, eyewear and beauty, TOM FORD is synonymous with sexy, timeless elegance, superior materials and workmanship, and outstanding personal service.

Does this smudge? Have you experienced the long end bristles gathering out? Something with how the cap closes over the brush! Any help with fixing this is appreciated!
Is this worth the money? I’ve heard amazing things but just want to be sure before I commit to buying. Thanks
What are everyone’s feelings in the Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen?? I really want to try it but I don’t want to be disappointed if there’s something better out there.
Start your review of Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen!
Product Highlights
...feline flick or sharp wing basically draws itself. I used to struggle with winged eyeliner but the struggle is OVER! I am absolutely in love. I purchased mine six months ago and it is still going strong. Truly a quality product that substantiates the phrase, "you get what you pay for." in 13 reviews
...which is great for more of a precise application, like making a wing. It doesn't smudge or flake. It does have a hefty price tag, but it's kinda worth it.in 3 reviews
15 hours agoFargo, ND
Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen uploaded by Heather H.
If you’re looking for the best liquid eyeliner there is, look no further. This is it – the Holy Grail of liquid liner. With dual tips (one short, one long) that create high quality lines, you can achieve lining perfection with this pencil. The color is bold, the lines are fluid, and if you have any question on how to make it work, it comes with a handy instruction sheet on how to achieve your best look. For a slim, sleek look, chose the longer side; for a thicker, bold line, the shorter side is all about it. Could also be used as a calligraphy pen to address those wedding invitations. Does it have staying power? Hush. Be it a 3-day party, an around-the-clock “momming” routine, or the inability to wash it off because you’re in a remote cabin in the Adirondack mountains without power, you can sleep (or keep partying) easily knowing this liner isn’t going anywhere until you say so. While priced higher than most, the quality is exceptional. Pair it with those Manolo Blahnik’s you’ve been eyeing, and you’re a force to be reckoned with. While I’ve provided my most honest opinion, I am required to disclose that I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
6 days ago
*I received this product complimentary for testing purposes.* Tom Ford is a prestige luxury brand, and this is the first product from their line I have been able to try. With this Eye Defining Pen, soft or bold liner looks can be easily achieved with the dual-ended brush options of a felt tip or calligraphy brush. The packaging is luxurious and large, longer than some eye shadow brushes. And the price is $59 at Sephora. I was most intrigued by the calligraphy brush side, thinking that could help my technique better than the felt tips I have used before from other brands. The first thing I did was swatch it on my hand. Immediately, it started to bleed, which is never a good sign. Then, I started using it on my eyes. You can get a very precise line, and I really like that, but it doesn’t look smooth. It looks almost as if the liner is dry, although it is not. On my eyes, it did not look like it was bleeding and it lasted throughout my day. As I kept experimenting with this side, I learned that it works best if you can apply more pressure and use it like you would a calligraphy pen. Fluid but firm motions get the best pigment and clean line. However, that is impossible for me to do successfully. Tom Ford does emphasize that this side is for bolder looks. The felt tip side of this Eye Defining Pen is...average. There is nothing special about the felt tip or formula. I did have better success in using this side, and will continue to do so. The felt tip glided across my eye easily, depositing product in a smooth motion. The formula remained a bit shiny, but lasted throughout my day. Tom Ford suggests this side for a more natural liner. I’m probably not exactly who this product is marketed for, although I have genuinely looked into this years ago, because I don’t think I could justify so much money on an eyeliner. And I’m not the best with liquid liner. However, I am so incredibly thankful to Tom Ford and Influenster for giving me this opportunity. Overall, I would not purchase this again. Essentially, the calligraphy side is “useless” for me. And I can buy a cheaper felt tip that does the same thing as this one. This might have been causing some eye irritation for me as well. However, both sides do work well and I’d recommend this if you want a luxury liner.
11 days ago
Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen uploaded by Mon S.
This was my first time trying a Tom Ford beauty product so I was extremely excited to test it out! I'm an absolute eyeliner junkie and never go a day without winged eyeliner! Thank you so much Influenster for this amazing, complimentary Tom Ford voxbox, which I received for testing purposes. What it is: a dual-ended liquid eyeliner pen with a fine calligraphy felt tip on one end and a long brush tip end on the other. It retails at almost $60.00, so I was particularly curious about the quality. This eyeliner pen is easy to use, goes on super smooth, and is a very pigmented opaque black. I found both of the ends too similar in size and would've preferred more of a difference. The felt tip is a tad stiff so it didn't give me the smoothest application, but worked well for getting into the corner of my eye and for sharpening the wing. The brush end is definitely my favorite, gliding on with the utmost precision. There was no need for touch-ups as it lasted all day without smearing, fading, or flaking off, but was easy enough to remove at the end of the day. I especially love the fluidity of this pen and how it deposits the perfect amount of product. It dries down semi-matte and layers beautifully. I also used it to tightline, which worked surprisingly well and stayed put! Please be extremely careful if you've never tightlined using a liquid eyeliner, as you could quickly end up with a pool of black liquid in your eye if you miss (been there, done that!). This eyeliner is not waterproof, but I'm impressed with it’s staying power. In my opinion, Estee Lauder's Little Black Liner, also dual-ended, is very comparable and affordable at $33.00 as well as waterproof. It has a thick, wedged end to allow for a much more thicker line and a thin end for precision. Clinique's Pretty Easy Liquid Eyelining Pen is also pretty comparable. Although not dual ended, it's even more affordable at $22.00 and has a similar tapered brush end and application. Overall, I've enjoyed how pigmented and easily it applies so far. I'm very curious to see how long it will last me and if it'll be worth the price tag. I’m not yet sure if the price justifies the quality. If you want to splurge and treat yo self, then give it a try, otherwise opt for the alternatives! Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen
8 days ago
I was excited to try the Tom Ford Eye Defining Liquid Liner Pen! I am a huge fan of Kat Von D tattoo liner because it never rubs off and lasts through the day. I have very watery eyes and so I need something that will stay put. I tried the thin side first. I was so surprised to find that the formula makes it all the way down to the tip and draws a perfect thin line that I did not need to trace back over. I find that then I have to go back over my line if it’s patchy, I always mess up my line. So to get a perfect line the first time is critical. I’m happy to say this eyeliner lets out the right amount of product and is so easy to keep control. The thicker side is perfect for filling in my wing if I decide to have a bold look. The formula stayed on all day through my water eyes. I’m a face toucher and tend to wipe off my makeup but not this liner! When I went to go wash my face it came off with very little effort. I honestly think the only downfall to this product is the price. I love luxury makeup and have high expectations when I could buy a cheaper product. This product lives up to the price point and will be my new go to eyeliner.
7 days agoSmyrna, DE
I received this from Influenster for free to review. My opinions are completely honest despite that. I have never owned or tried a Tom Ford product before because I was never willing to spend so much but after trying this liquid liner I was majorly impressed! I love the double sides. One thinner and one for bigger liner. I wore this last weekend and was out all night, fell asleep in my makeup (I know, big no no!) but it happens from time to time. When I woke up my liner looked as good as when I first applied it, I actually did a double take when I seen it. Not only the longevity of it but it went on so effortlessly with zero tugging or skipping. I absolutely love it and depending on how long this lasts, I could definitely see myself purchasing it in the future. Pigment was perfection and the packaging is gorgeous. Nothing bad to say at all!
5 days agoLas Vegas, NV
I had never tried a single Tom Ford product before, so I was very excited to have a chance to experiment with the eye defining pen! Fortunately, my excitement proved worthwhile. Not only is the luxurious packaging to die for, but this double-ended stunner of a liner made applying standout wings so easy, even though I was a bit out of practice! Both ends of the pen glide along the lid seamlessly and make it super simple to even out each wing or precisely add some ink as needed. The product doesn’t crease (though it can smear - be careful!) and stays on for hours without any hiccups - in fact, it’s actually a little difficult to remove! The pigmentation is solid and has very good one-swipe payoff. Overall, this is definitely a high quality liner that I would recommend if you’re loyal to this brand and/or willing to cough up the coins!
4 days ago
Is this eyeliner bulletproof? Nope. But it is quite nice--and it should be for $59. I don't know how they got this formula to be thin enough to always be wet and yet superpigmented enough to flow through to the very tip so you can draw the MOST precise, dark line ever. It does smudge quite a bit after 3-4 hours of wear for me so I can't use this if I'm going to be out all day and night. I like using this for when I'm going out for a little bit but want something on my face that is a bit glam. If you think about it, you are getting 2 eyeliners in 1 for the price and the pen's quality is pretty high. It also doesn't irritate me very sensitive, contact lens wearing eyes which happens to me with some liquid eyeliners. I like everything about this pen (including the dual side, the easy application) except for the price and formula because it's not smudge proof/waterproof/long wearing on me so one star off for each of those. I received this product complementary for testing from Influenster.
2 days agoWinnsboro, TX
Love this liner. I like true black liners and this one delivers just as they promise the blackest black. Love the dual ended tip. It makes it so versatile, able to achieve the mos precise fine line, a statement thick line or a playful cat eye. The one time I wore it on my bare skin the brush tip side did feathered, but when I tried wearing it on bare skin with the fine calligraphy side it perform very well. Over all the staying power is great both on color intensity, and in not migrating or moving on you. It lasted the longest time I wore it for a good solid 12 hours. It was easy to remove at night with no tughing neccesary. It didn't crease or gathered in the corners. It dries put very quickly too.
8 days agoPickerington , OH
I got this eyeliner to review complimentary from influenster. I just thought this eyeliner was Ok. I tested both ends. I wore one end on one eye, and the other on the other. I did prefer the thinner side, opposed to the thicker side. Oddly enough, the thinner side was also darker. I would think it was all the same ink, but the thicker side was noticeably a lighter black. The thinner applicator was easier to control in my opinion. I wore the eyeliner for about 8 hours. The color did fade a little over time, and because it is still allergy season, it did rub off where my eyes were watery. It was just an Ok eyeliner for me. Not the best, but not the worst either.
2 days ago
Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen uploaded by Shaina C.
I am loving this pen! The lines go on SO precisely! The durability of the color is amazing! It lasts all day long without looking smudged by the end of the day. I usually wear waterproof eyeliner just because of the durability but this exceeded my expectations! I would definitely recommend to anyone who wears eyeliner daily and likes to define their eyes! I am so thankful to have had the pleasure to try this product complimentary for testing purposes, however i could see myself purchasing in the future because of it’s great quality!
Received from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
6 months ago
Kelly M. 11 days ago
This is the best eye liner, I have ever tried. However, it is expensive....