BY TOM FORD #56 in Perfume for Her

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

The custom grown (and über rare) TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID is the show-stopping note in this incredibly luxurious scent. While sultry woods and rich fruit accords help to bring out the skin's natural perfume, the jet-black, art-deco inspired bottle adds to the fragrances overall glamour. Notes: Bergamot, Citrus, Mandarin, Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Orchid (Tom Ford Black Accord), Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense, Vanilla. Style: Luxurious. Sensual. Timeless. see more...

• Hey !!! So what is everyone’s favorite Tom Ford perfume ?...1 Answers
  • Is the scent good? Is it worth the money? 2 Answers
  • I want this so bad. I like the style and the color becaus...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "It is unique and if you're looking for a signature scent this may be for you." in 1 review
  • "LOL No lie I don't know if it's cause I'm a patchouli person or what but I will NEVER stop wearing this I drown myself in it I get compliments often I don't wear this in the summer since my body is strange with strong scents due to being hot Oh my god you have to try this is you like heavy strong parfums" in 1 review
  • "A great sexy night out fragrance that smells amazing on men as well. " in 1 review
  • "This is my absolute favorite fragrance its sophisticated and sultry but also sweet." in 1 review
Mina F.
Chicopee, MA
I want to start off by saying I was initially VERY disappointed in this product. I had accidentally bought the wrong perfume because one of their other versions' packaging is incredibly similar. Anyway, I brought this home and pouted because the retailer didn't accept returns. I sprayed it and literally hated it. It smelled SO HEAVY and made the whole car stink. My boyfriend, who is pretty take it or leave it about most perfumes, said that it was actually really really nice and I should give it a shot, since I had nothing to lose.
This is my go-to perfume and has been for months and multiple seasons. It is very elegant without being too mature. I'm not sure I'm very good at articulating what I mean with scents because I'm not really a perfume expert... but I will give it my best shot.
It smells exactly like I would imagine a beautifully furnished and elegant dressing room would smell. It smells rich and a little calming, like sensual almost? I feel like the advertising should have a woman in a black dress seated in front of a mirror and looking over her shoulder. It's not musky. I hate musky perfumes. It's not incredibly floral, I am not really into bright, florally perfumes except for Chloe. It smells like a night-time, sexy date perfume that you could get away with wearing during the day.
I feel like it is almost WEIRD that I love this because I am very casual dresser. I am a jeans and plain shirt kind of woman, probably the exact opposite of elegant unless I absolutely have to dress up for a dinner or a work event. My last favorite perfumes were the Nirvana collection from Elizabeth and James (both black and white), the Tory Burch eau de parfum and the Miu Miu spray that is literally always one of the free samples, do you know which one I'm talking about? The "mysterious" one, as it is described on Sephora.

I find it very strong, one spray lasts me all day. I even spray it before I go to the gym and I can still smell it after I shower.
Amanda B.
New Braunfels
I want to start off by saying that at first I did not like any TF fragrances. Well i smelled this one and my first impression was it was WAY TOO spicy. But once I let it sit i fell IN LOVE with it!! It stays on ALL DAY! I can spray myself in the morning before work and then come home and lay down and still smell it in my hair! Sometimes even after a shower O can still smell it! I love it and I definitely recommend it to anyone :)
Delaina L.
Austin, TX
Received this as a sample from Sephora and good heaven... this is the sexy, musky scent I've been eyeing for date night. It's very sophisticated and heavy but not overpowering once on the skin. I received so many compliments wearing this! Will be purchasing the large size as it lasts long throughout the day. Tom Ford is elegant quality, expect nothing less from the brand.
Zenobia R.
Casper, WY
When your husband comments 5 times within an hour how he loves your parfum you know its a keeper. Yes this happened and it was after wearing it for about 8 hours.
I sprayed this in the morning and it was pretty potent. I wasn't sure about it because it was so overwhelming. After 10 minutes or so the fragrance mellowed out and I was left with a sweet musk that lasted the rest of the day which ended up being 14 hours!
I wasn't sure about the price of a full size, but I needed 2 sprays, 1 on the neck and 1 on the wrists. I typically use 4-5 sprays of all of my other parfums so using so little makes it worth it.
It is the perfect blend of sweet and musk.
PAMELA G.
BALTIMORE
My favorite perfume!  It has such a unique smell and I rarely meet other people with it on.  It is elegant and subtle enough for everyday wear.  It is a bit pricier than others but worth the price tag.  The bottle is very well made and I will definitely buy again!
Katie K.
Cleveland, OH
I LOVE this perfume! The only reason I am giving it a 4/5 is because for me, the perfume doesn’t work as well in the summer season due to how heavy the notes are in the fragrance. I find that it’s overpowering in the summer but I adore the scent! This is my go-to in the fall and winter.
Lydia S.
Napa, CA
I’ll start off by saying I love patchouli; not patchouli oil like older men who wear tie dye enjoy, but the herbaceous, green, fresh patchouli scent (think Lush). That being said, I don’t find it to be too pronounced in Black Orchid. Originally I hated Black Orchid, but I tried it on once and was sold. I’ve never purchased it (so expensive...) but I will! Whenever Sephora offers it as a 100pt sample, I always get it. I receive compliments every time I wear it and it brings back many wonderful memories. It’s great for giving you a confidence boost—this scent makes me feel powerful.
Kristin H.
Brighton, MA
I love this smell! It's the perfect scent for winter or fall time because it is a bit musty and I'm the kind of person who likes floral scents in the summer and warmer months. Really great lasting power, I only spritz on myself once in the morning and it lasts all work day.
sandy p.
chicago
The more I wear this the more I like it! I do not like it on men, even though it is unisex. This scent lasts for a long time after it’s sprayed so I think you get what you pay for. I’d repurchase in a different scent- but Tom Ford perfumes is a staple for me.
Janine P.
Princeton
The best perfume I’ve ever worn. It’s heady, it’s dramatic, and it stays on all day. It’s best I’ve found for the winter months and consistently garners compliments. I use it only for special occasions but it’s a little too special for every day wear.
Elizabeth O.
Hempstead, NY
I have heard good things about this perfume i wish I could try it but I don't want to waste money for no reason so please anyone let me know if this perfume is worth it
Zoe B.
Long Beach, CA
I picked up a vogue magazine and found this amazing fragrance. I want to know if it is worth the price to buy a whole bottle?
Lauren B.
Staten Island, NY
I smelled this in Sephora, and was instantly in love with this fragrance. Is this worth the price? Does it last a long time?
Charl L.
What does this smell like?
Makeup G.
Bronx,Ny
I really want to try this. Is this worth the money? Does the smell last?

back