BY TOM FORD #72 in Perfume for Her

The custom grown (and über rare) TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID is the show-stopping note in this incredibly luxurious scent. While sultry woods and rich fruit accords help to bring out the skin's natural perfume, the jet-black, art-deco inspired bottle adds to the fragrances overall glamour. Notes: Bergamot, Citrus, Mandarin, Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Orchid (Tom Ford Black Accord), Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense, Vanilla. Style: Luxurious. Sensual. Timeless. see more...

• Hey !!! So what is everyone’s favorite Tom Ford perfume ?...1 Answers
  • Is the scent good? Is it worth the money? 2 Answers
  • I want this so bad. I like the style and the color becaus...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "It is unique and if you're looking for a signature scent this may be for you." in 1 review
  • "LOL No lie I don't know if it's cause I'm a patchouli person or what but I will NEVER stop wearing this I drown myself in it I get compliments often I don't wear this in the summer since my body is strange with strong scents due to being hot Oh my god you have to try this is you like heavy strong parfums" in 1 review
  • "A great sexy night out fragrance that smells amazing on men as well. " in 1 review
  • "This is my absolute favorite fragrance its sophisticated and sultry but also sweet." in 1 review
Mina F.
Chicopee, MA
I want to start off by saying I was initially VERY disappointed in this product. I had accidentally bought the wrong perfume because one of their other versions' packaging is incredibly similar. Anyway, I brought this home and pouted because the retailer didn't accept returns. I sprayed it and literally hated it. It smelled SO HEAVY and made the whole car stink. My boyfriend, who is pretty take it or leave it about most perfumes, said that it was actually really really nice and I should give it a shot, since I had nothing to lose.
This is my go-to perfume and has been for months and multiple seasons. It is very elegant without being too mature. I'm not sure I'm very good at articulating what I mean with scents because I'm not really a perfume expert... but I will give it my best shot.
It smells exactly like I would imagine a beautifully furnished and elegant dressing room would smell. It smells rich and a little calming, like sensual almost? I feel like the advertising should have a woman in a black dress seated in front of a mirror and looking over her shoulder. It's not musky. I hate musky perfumes. It's not incredibly floral, I am not really into bright, florally perfumes except for Chloe. It smells like a night-time, sexy date perfume that you could get away with wearing during the day.
I feel like it is almost WEIRD that I love this because I am very casual dresser. I am a jeans and plain shirt kind of woman, probably the exact opposite of elegant unless I absolutely have to dress up for a dinner or a work event. My last favorite perfumes were the Nirvana collection from Elizabeth and James (both black and white), the Tory Burch eau de parfum and the Miu Miu spray that is literally always one of the free samples, do you know which one I'm talking about? The "mysterious" one, as it is described on Sephora.

I find it very strong, one spray lasts me all day. I even spray it before I go to the gym and I can still smell it after I shower.
Lydia S.
Napa, CA
I’ll start off by saying I love patchouli; not patchouli oil like older men who wear tie dye enjoy, but the herbaceous, green, fresh patchouli scent (think Lush). That being said, I don’t find it to be too pronounced in Black Orchid. Originally I hated Black Orchid, but I tried it on once and was sold. I’ve never purchased it (so expensive...) but I will! Whenever Sephora offers it as a 100pt sample, I always get it. I receive compliments every time I wear it and it brings back many wonderful memories. It’s great for giving you a confidence boost—this scent makes me feel powerful.
Amy L.
El Paso, TX
One of the few loves of my life. My skin does not do well with fragrance. It either eats it right up, leaving no trace, or it turns it into something foul. For some reason, Tom Ford fragrances never ever do this to me, and thankfully they are some of my favorites. Black Orchid has been a staple in my rotation almost since it came out. One or two sprays lasts all day and leaves my clothes smells delicious until I wash them. I don't know what's going on at the TF labs, but it's some kind of magic.
Coley S.
Plano, TX
So with this perfume, a little goes a long way, so definitely use sparingly or it can get overpowering. That being said, I really love this fragrance. It has a very unique spicy, sweet, musky combination that I find so sexy! I could almost say I could see this scent being appropriate for men as well as women. It is definitely pricey but I feel it will last forever since each time I use such a small amount.
Tom Ford Black Orchid By Tom Ford For Women. Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4-Ounces
Zenobia R.
When your husband comments 5 times within an hour how he loves your parfum you know its a keeper. Yes this happened and it was after wearing it for about 8 hours.
I sprayed this in the morning and it was pretty potent. I wasn't sure about it because it was so overwhelming. After 10 minutes or so the fragrance mellowed out and I was left with a sweet musk that lasted the rest of the day which ended up being 14 hours!
I wasn't sure about the price of a full size, but I needed 2 sprays, 1 on the neck and 1 on the wrists. I typically use 4-5 sprays of all of my other parfums so using so little makes it worth it.
It is the perfect blend of sweet and musk.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
When I first smelled this it was just alright to me after testing on one of those little paper strips. Now after wearing it on myself it’s such a nice long lasting scent! I don’t think I’ve ever had a perfume that smelled this way but I’m glad I gave it a chance! Has a sweet smell but not too sweet like others I’ve tried.
Andrea A.
Oklahoma City
Although I don’t actually like this scent (it smells like incense on me), the smell does get better after about 30 minutes of wearing it. It does last all day on me, and is strong enough to smell without giving me a headache. Unfortunately, I’m not just a fan of this type of scent.
Marcie M.
Attalla , AL
I’m in love with Tom Ford’s Black Orchid perfume. In one word, I would describe it as “sexy.” I’ve always purchased it at Sephora. It’s rather pricy, but oh so worth it. You only need one spritz and it lasts all day. TOM FORD BLACK ORCHID Eau de Parfum Spray
Kristin H.
Brighton, MA
I love this smell! It's the perfect scent for winter or fall time because it is a bit musty and I'm the kind of person who likes floral scents in the summer and warmer months. Really great lasting power, I only spritz on myself once in the morning and it lasts all work day.
Chelsea S.
This is definitely a signature scent. It's not something you smell everywhere and it's deep and sultry, perfect for a date night or a night time event. I think this would be gorgeous for an evening wedding. It's classy and sexy and just a hint masculine, which I think blends so beautifully. It's very expensive, so it's definitely an investment but I get a lot of use out of it, and I get compliments on it every single time I wear it.
Elizabeth O.
I have heard good things about this perfume i wish I could try it but I don't want to waste money for no reason so please anyone let me know if this perfume is worth it
Zoe B.
Long Beach, CA
I picked up a vogue magazine and found this amazing fragrance. I want to know if it is worth the price to buy a whole bottle?
Lauren B.
Staten Island, NY
I smelled this in Sephora, and was instantly in love with this fragrance. Is this worth the price? Does it last a long time?
Makeup G.
Brooklyn, NY
I really want to try this. Is this worth the money? Does the smell last?
Charl L.
What does this smell like?