BY TOKYO MILK

4.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

Key Ingredients: Japanese Green Tea, Mimosa Bark and Dandelion with rich Shea Butter. A beautiful balance: Citrus Zest, Rosewood, Mimosa & Mandarin Gin & Rosewater Bon Bon Shea Lotion see more...

Review (1)
Buy on Jet.com
Courtney I.
Atlanta, GA
Tokyo Milk's "Gin & Rosewater Bon Bon Shea Lotion" -- like the rest of the Tokyo Milk line -- is absolutely divine. While the ingredients appear common enough -- citrus zest, rosewood, mimosa and mandarin -- the combination surprisingly makes for a unique scent that I think most would find appealing and lovely.

Initially I was worried the combination of the shea and green tea would affect the scent in a major way, however -- fortunately -- that wasn't the case. One pleasant surprise I did find, however, was that the scent is quite long lasting! From my experience I found the longevity of Tokyo Milk perfumes to be frustratingly short-lasting, however this lotion lingers in the best possible way, which I love.

As far as the texture for this particular product is concerned -- it is very smooth and pleasant to the touch, not greasy or sticky. I found it fairly emollient and effective enough in softening my hands and cuticles, but no more than any other moisturizer.

In conclusion this is a good product, but not something I would consider a beauty staple so much as a one-time -- or at the most, infrequent -- luxury or splurge. I would certainly recommend it as a gift, however, since the packaging is terribly, terribly lovely and I have yet to discover such unique products to rival Tokyo Milk's.