BY T.N. DICKINSON #28 in Toners & Astringents

The only 100% natural astringent that effectively cleanses, soothes and treats everyday skin irritations, without overdrying or leaving behind irritating residue.

• Gentle enough for daily use on face & body to relieve oily, irritated, red, damaged and blemished skin
  • Effective enough to cleanse and soothe minor skin conditions and treat everyday skin irritations
  • Contains no artificial fragrances or dyes
  • Dermatologist tested
  • Will not overdry skin like alcohol and salicylic acid
  • Will not leave behind irritating residue
  • Family trusted since 1866

• Who else uses T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent to tone wi...3 Answers
  • What exactly is witch hazel for? Is it beauty related?2 Answers
  • May witch hazel be used to treat discoloration and puffiness unde...1 Answers
T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent
  • "I don't have acne prone skin but I needed a toner that I felt really cleaned my pores and this stuff dies its job!" in 3 reviews
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
New London, CT
I had a couple of initial impressions upon first using this product.

The first thing I noticed about this product: the smell. I was nauseated by the smell of the Witch Hazel. I asked my family if the product offended their olfactory systems as much as it did mine, but they told me that they barely noticed the smell. Admittedly--I got used to it over time.

The second thing I noticed was the mild nature of the formula. I was warned to mix Witch Hazel with water before applying it to skin, specifically facial ski, to avoid irritation. I disregarded that. I found that even the most sensitive areas of my skin were fine after application.

Regarding the actual efficacy of the product, I am pretty pleased. After about a week or so of using the astringent on my face, I noticed brighter, more dewy skin--though I suppose that could've been my imagination. I also noticed drastic changes in spots of acne. That being said, in subsequent uses, I didn't always notice results. I think the product's efficacy in regards to breakouts really depends on a couple of other circumstantial factors. Sometimes it's a saving Grace, other times there's no change.

Overall, I would most definitely recommend this product. In addition to its benefits, you get a lot of astringent for a very reasonable price.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
I've been using this astringent for more than 10 years. When I was in my teens I used this a few times a day to freshen up and it kept my skin clear. It's also great for those [lazy days] when you don't feel like washing your face.

I have sensitive skin and it didn't irritate me one bit. I use this on face and anywhere i get bug bites or cuts. If i feel a pimple emerging i wet a cotton ball with witch hazel and place it on the spot for a min to help it subside.

I've gotten lazier about using it as of late and I noticed I break out more when I don't swipe my face with it. The smell is a little off-putting (hence the minus one star) but nothing that would stop me from using it since the scent dissipates quickly.

I've gotten this from Walmart, Target, Walgreens and the price is reasonable for the amount you get. Will continue to repurchase--though I stock a few since these sell out quickly for some reason!
Tobia E.
Tobia E.
Norman, OK
I buy at least 5 bottles of this a month. My skin is hypersensitive and I'm always in a rush to get through my "getting ready" routines--that being said I'm always looking for products that use natural and simple ingredients, are easy to use, and are multifunctional. This witch hazel is the trifecta. I use it in the shower on my scalp to help with my dandruff and keep my roots from getting greasy, I use it after I shave to soothe my skin and keep away ANY shave burn/heal cuts, I use it daily on my face as a cleanser/toner/astringent (and it's amazing because it doesn't dry out my skin it actually has natural moisturizing properties), and I even use it in my ears to keep them dry and cleared/cleaned out (works wonders on them during allergy season even gets rid of any itch!). I use this for everything and I always will.
Melissa R.
Melissa R.
Long Is City, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Witch hazel is a good natural astringent (removes excess oil from skin), anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory. These properties make witch hazel effective for killing bacteria, prevent cellular damage and signs of aging, and help tighten pores. As a staple in many natural skincare routines, witch hazel is used as a natural remedy for acne, ingrown hairs, puffy eyes, to soothe scalp irritation, and can also be used to treat mosquito bites as well as being a good base for homemade bug repellent.

Although the 14% alcohol content common in most market brands, including TN Dickinson's, may be drying to some skin types, using witch hazel as a cleansing facial toner or as an ingredient in DIY recipes will help protect the skin from free radical damage and oxidative stress.
Jackie V.
Jackie V.
Nashville , TN
The only astringent I will use! I have super sensitive, acne-prone skin, and this is the only astringent product that I can use that makes my skin happy! I absolutely love it for my face and my body. I have eczema on my legs and this product is perfect for soothing those pesky patches! Helps the itch and also soothes the redness and flakiness. This is my holy grail, miracle product. Witch Hazel is amazing and great for the skin! I am very weary of chemical products and astringents, so I firmly support a natural approach to cleaning and treating the skin! This is a wonderful and extremely affordable product! I little bit goes a long way, and one of these bottles will last forever!! Love this stuff!
Celina C.
Celina C.
I'd give this 10 stars if I could! My home is never without it!! I will admit I thought I wasted my money at first because I couldn't stand the scent, so be warned it will take some getting use to lol. I use this to remove any makeup residue left behind by face wash and I use it every morning to help my facial moisturizer to apply more evenly. If you have teenagers with acne this will help lots!! I use to spend non stop on Stridex pads but now I buy a Big bottle of Dickinson's witch hazel and soak cotton rounds and place is an airtight container for easy use. For itchy bug bites or cuts and scrapes this provides an instant cooling relief.
J Davis M.
J Davis M.
Montgomery, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
T.N. Dickinson's All Natural Astringent For Face and Body is my go to facial toner. I used to use more expensive toners but found this one day several years ago and I think it works better than those expensive brands. It is very reasonably priced and a 16 oz bottle lasts for months even using more than once a day (on a cotton ball). I use Dickinson's witch hazel before I put on moisturizer in the morning and again at night. My face does not feel dry but feels clean. I know it works because I have not had any kind of blemish since I began using it. Yes, flawless skin thanks to Dickinson's.
Alex S.
Alex S.
Saint Louis, MO
I will never be talked into another toner again. I try everything when it comes to my skincare and I have tried many high end toners, but I always come back to this. I used it after cleansing at night or for a morning refresh and It easily squirts onto a cotton pad from the bottle. My sensitive, acne prone skin is instantly calmed and every trace of makeup is removed. The smell is easy to get used to and does not linger at all after application. Do not be fooled by fancy toners with a laundry list of ingredients-witch hazel is the way to go!! It is also great on bug bites
Jessica S.
Jessica S.
THIS!!!!! This product has changed my life. I heard about this from a youtuber over the summer and started using it as a toner in the morning and night. It has totally changed the way my skin has been for years. I feel so clean after I use it, it helps with my oiliness and helps to clear up breakouts and prevents fewer ones from coming in. I get mine at the family dollar but they have it at Kroger and Walmart too. I just apply it with a cotton ball then apply my face lotion etc. This is definitely a good buy if you have oily acne prone skin.
Andrea H.
Andrea H.
San Antonio, TX
I bought it when a friend of mine recommended it. I had been breaking out around my thighs, which had never happened until this summer. I had always red about witch hazel being used as an antibacterial product. So I use it after I shower and apply it to the areas where I had a few bumps and in about a week they reduce in redness, size and don't even feel irritating. I also use it to clean up after I've had a bikini wax, and it amazes me that it doesn't burn or feel irritating after I've just ripped my hair out. It keeps the ingrown away.
Alondra L.
Alondra L.
Is it okay to use on sensitive skin?
Latoya W.
Latoya W.
Lafayette, AL
Do you use Witch Hazel in the morning or at night?
kelly p.
kelly p.
I just got this from walgreens because it was on sale. Does it help with acne scars?
Jilianne L.
Jilianne L.
Tacoma, WA
Does this work the same way as DICKINSONS Original witch hazel? or much better?
Is this good for skin with oily and acne prone skin? I was wondering if this could work cause other toners dry my skin out and left some dry patches on my face