BY TIME WARNER CABLE #2 in Cable Providers

• Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to lea...1 Answers
Laura D.
Laura D.
McAllen
Uggh, were should I start. Time Warner is the monopoly in my area. I am forced to use them for the high speed internet and service I desire. Unfortunately they do not value loyal, long time customers and continue to hike up the price for their services every year. Once a year I call and ask for a price reduction, the price is reduced for a bit but then seems to hike up again. If it were my choice I'd do without but I really have no choice in my area. My dream is that another provider will swoop in and create competitive lower prices knocking time warner out of the running.
Katelyn M.
Katelyn M.
Durham, NC
We hate time warner due to their terrible customer service and price increases all the time. We recently had a baby and no longer have been watching as much TV and have been in a financial strain so we called Time Warner to see what lower plan we could get and they said we couldn't get a lower plan with less channels and for less money because we were on a promo and we were already getting the lowest price. So basically we would have to get rid of cable all together to reduce our costs. Unfortunately, in our area they are the only cable provider available, which I hate!
Dana C.
Dana C.
Sn Bernrdno, CA
Its an okay service its too expensive and your bill will be so high its a shame my bill is currently 400 plus dollars . no they don't meet my expectations at all. customer service is okay they cut your services off for no reason i had that issue last month they cut my services off and ive paid the bill for that month i kept calling them that ive paid and that i had the receipt i even faxed it over to them some said they seen it some said they didint till i called for the 5th time and this guy named alex helped me and he got them to put my services back on thank you alex!
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Santa Monica, CA
I use them only because I don't really feel like there is another viable option. The pricing is outrageous, and I HATE that there is no price transparency. Customer service is always terrible, and though I am a smart person I hate that they make me feel like an idiot every time I get on the phone with them. Prices increase without warning, and making changes to my account is virtually impossible. I'd like to cut the cable cord entirely, but my partner watches live sports, so we're stuck with a package that is WAY more than what we need, and astronomically expensive.
Laurella H.
Laurella H.
Claremont, CA
Service is okay, cable tv services are reliable but prices are misleading, many add on charges and little negotiating unless you want to cancel your service. You pay big dollars for services you don't even want or use and to drop to what you only want or need they manipulate the numbers so you only save $30. ( for example for just internet @ 300mbps they said they would charge me $119.99 but for $139.99 I could get tv, hbo, showtime, epix, DVR, telephone and modem all included for that price). Unfortunately where I live my only choice for internet is TWC or DSL.
Corinne D.
Corinne D.
Glen Head, NY
I use time Warner cable for my TV and Internet as well. My internet goes out ever so often. Last week it went out and it took them 3 days to get to my apartment to fix it. It was an easy fix, but I went over on my data plan bc it took too long for them to come. Time Warner isn't too bad with cost and it's actually cheaper to get a bundle than to get just Internet alone. My cousin says it's good if you like to watch football on cable. I would like to see if I can get a better deal with fios because I like the channels more, but if not, then time Warner is fine.
Lindsey C.
Lindsey C.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Time Warner is really the only internet provider that comes to my apartment complex so I didn't have much choice when I got it. It's decent, most of the time, but the internet goes out way more than I would like, and they're tricksy with their pricing. If you're a long-term customer you're going to pay way more for your service than if you're a new customer. I know this has to do with marketing and bringing people in, but it's not a huge incentive to stay with them. If you move, even within your community, you can get new pricing, though, so keep that in mind.
Tesa M.
Tesa M.
Bedford, OH
Not too impressed with Time Warner, and never have been. They are our only option in the area with coverage, and they know it. Prices are ridiculous, and the speed always slows down on the weekends, even though we have turbo Internet. Customer service is usually horrible, although I've had a decent person here or there. Waiting times are forever. And good luck if you need a technician to come out and do it right the first time. Each time we had something done, a different tech had to come out to fix the first techs errors, and no one ever said the same thing.
Donna M.
Donna M.
San Antonio, TX
Time Warner cable generally provides really good customer service whether you're in the store or not. However, you seem to get better customer service when you are on the phone with someone they seem to quickly take care of your needs and set up whatever type of appointment you want. The only drawback to Time Warner is occasionally the channels get scrambled due to weather and what not so the digital signal is scrambled, and also their equipment seems to malfunction quite a bit. We've had to replace several remotes and or cable boxes over the past few years.
Michelle D.
Michelle D.
This is my first time working with TWC and they were so helpful. Of course setting up an Internet plan over the phone and talking about prices takes time but the guy who worked with me (Canon) was so helpful and filled in the extra time that would have been silent pauses with some very humorous conversation. He made the task anything but a chore. He helped me find a plan within my budget and a TWC store nearby where I could pick up a self-install kit instead of going to the 3 other stores in town that don't have them. Saved me lots of time and frustration!
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?