BY TIME WARNER CABLE #5 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Stephanie H.
Mint Hill, NC
When we moved into the current apartment, Time Warner offered us a great deal on upgrading our current Internet package. We only keep TV service because Internet is cheaper with it than without (because TWC is insane like that)--we pretty much only watch Netflix or stream from online. What they actually did was upgrade our channels and leave our Internet the same, and charge us more. It took months to get it straightened out. And the service is incredibly spotty, with citywide outages a couple of times a month for hours at a time. Google Fiber is coming to our city soon, and we are SO ready for a viable alternative to TWC.
Beverly S.
Winston Salem, NC
My experience with Time Warner has been both good and bad. I have had some on line customer reps that have been outstanding. They were polite and attentive and I felt they listened and did the best to resolve any problems. Other times I have had to make many calls to finally get to the person I needed to speak to. I do think Time Warner is getting better with customer service and making attempts. The most difficult thing is when you want to change or downgrade, when you speak to a representative you have start from scratch explaining what needs to be done before it is finally implemented. Most of the representatives do try to listen and accommodate, I think sometimes things are not upgraded in their computer system as well as they could be. I will say that my internet is rarely down and I can appreciate that.
Sharon T.
Expensive with poor customer service. They raise their prices every year. I talked to a customer service technical representative who told me my equipment was very outdated to take it back into their local office and exchange it. When I took it back I overheard another one of their customer representatives talking to a customer at their counter. This representative was very angry and actually used the "F" work towards this customer. I have never heard this with any other company, certainly didn't leave a good impression. My advice...run away, nothing good here. Only good thing, they have been bought out and it can only go up!
Lindsey L.
Techie Expert Level 2
Horrible service. My parent's live in an area that unfortunately has only 1 option for cable providers and internet which is TWC. Whenever I'm at their home, I'm miserable trying to use the service from it's constant outages to how its far from user friendly at every level from their channel guide, on demand, dvr use, set up and in general just really counterintuitive and difficult. My parents who use it daily complain about the same things if not worse than me. I hate to say this... but you truly should choose any other provider than TWC if possible because you're in for a life of frustration and annoyance if you end up with them...
Nikki R.
Eminence, KY
We have been using Time Warner for our internet service for almost 8 years. It is fast, gives a variety of speeds, and they have great customer service. I have had several occasions that the internet will go down or will start to become slow, as soon as I call they fix my problems, no delay after running a system check on the spot. I think it is priced decently and they don't jump up their prices quickly like most companies do after you have been with them for an extended amount of time. They also have been great with working with me on late payments when I am in a pinch. Most companies would have cut my service right off
Brianne C.
Durham, NC
Seriously, the worst cable company I have ever had the misfortune of working with. We ditched them as a cable provider the second we moved out of our apartment and got satellite TV at the new house. Unfortunately they are the only internet provider in my area (aren't monopolies illegal?) , so we have to use them for that. They are ridiculously pushy about up-selling services. I got into a screaming match with their "customer retention" representative about cancelling the cable service, which was twice the price of satellite TV. They only have one solution to connection issues, which is to restart the modem. I call because I tried that and it didn't work. I have had to argue ridiculous service charges with them multiple times. I can't stand them and the second Google Fiber is available in my area, we are dropping TWC like a hot potato! Good riddance!
Dianne M.
Millport, NY
Well, what can I say anyone in this area has to use Tim Warner Cable, if they want cable, phone and internet. I have a problem with a company that does not offer any incentives to loyal customers. My parents have had the same address and cable since I was 20, I am 46 now. They still pay way too much for the service and cable as far as I am concerned. They have no willingness to help any of their loyal customers with making sure their equipment is updated and they have at least the opportunity to get a free weekend of HBO or any other their other cable shows. And their prices are outrageous, and their customer service sucks.
Aliza C.
Liberty Hill , TX
Absolute worst company to work with- only use them because there are no other options. Horrible customer service...we have literally spent 4=5 hours being transferred around and around due to their mistakes. We moved 300 miles from our previous home, arranged to have service moved to new house before moving. Were told when we arrived to new home that they would not start our service because we never returned our cable box????!!!!! Then told we could only return it in person to a location near our old house. This is despite the fact that we were going to continue with them, arranged it ahead of time, and they were going to give us the same box. Beyond frustrated. Their customer service team (in India, btw) read from a script and have absolutely no power to use common sense. would give 0 stars if I could.
Jackie Z.
Astoria, NY
Oh Time Warner... its a love/hate relationship. I love it because it is my only option- I hate it because they are not great. Overpriced, you always end up with more than what you need and or want. For three years I paid for a telephone line that I never hooked a phone up too, because somehow that was saving me $100? A single person paying almost $150 for internet and basic cable is absurd. The internet was so spotty. I had to reset the modem all the time just to get service. I have time warner again now in a new location and I have no internet issues... but it is still overpriced. I wish there were other options.
Katie P.
Brooklyn, NY
Time Warner Cable is overpriced. They have one of the least user friendly guides that I've used with a cable system. The original set up was very difficult and confusing. We were lucky to get a great tech who spent hours at our house trying to (and eventually succeeding in) making it work. Customer service, on the other hand, doesn't seem to know how it all works. They have less on-demand options and an interface that is difficult to deal with. Verizon Fios and Comcast are both better options. I will say that Time Warner so far seems to have less outages and issues than what I experienced with some other providers.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?