BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Hollie S.
Cincinnati, OH
Time Warner Cable is okay... it's hard to review a company that has basically held a Monopoly in my area for quite some time. There is another company that offers DSL, but can only get speeds up to 3mbps. Time Warner can go up to around 50 mbps - as I use my internet to watch television, I need good speeds for clear HD streaming. The downside in addition to being a monopoly is they are somewhat high priced and the bandwith bottlenecks (at least in my neighborhood). It is not unusual for web pages to load slowly and my online streaming to lose its HD (which isn't *really* HD but still looks better) during peak times - when I ask Time Warner about this, they just say that when multiple people are using the same node that it bogs the internet down. So I pay for 30 mbps... but I don't think I actually get those speeds... I've planned on downsizing in the near future. When the DSL company brings upgraded service to my neighborhood, I may even switch.
Kaylee C.
Dallas, TX
I think time warner is good, but not great. It didn't quite meet my expectations because I liked Comcast/Verizon better. The customer service has been wonderful and I'd recommend it to others if you live in the region.
Natalie H.
Los Angeles, CA
I give Time Warner Cable 3 stars because first off, the cable is great. On demand is a plus, if I missed a show I can go on "On Demand" and watch the show I was unable to watch the minute it aired. But lately, "On Demand" has not been working also which is grinding my gears! Moving on... The internet. Well, well, well... How can I start? The internet is great (sometimes) but other times it has its days where it feels like not working properly which gives me NO internet access. So, when the internet is acting up, the landline as well won't work! This is an issue Time Warner Cable needs to fix. Obviously this bill is not cheap! So much money is spent on the bill that the service we pay for does not even work the way it is supposed to.
Stacy M.
Kent, OH
I didn't have too much trouble until I started getting things added on. I started off with standard internet in my previous apartment and it worked great. Then when I added on cable and the promotions were offered. Once the promotion was over I was not told that my price would be increasing. Then when I wanted to get rid of cable and just have internet so how the cost ended up being more. And I was outraged! I had been a very loyal customer and I had always paid on time. So I when I wanted to transfer the account to my roommate there were a lot of stipulations. I was not happy so I cancelled my services. Luckily there was once in the area and I was able to bring my equipment back and I have not been a customer since then.
Nicole M.
Glendale, CA
Basically I have been a slave to TimeWarner since I live in the so cal valley and am extremely limited in my cable/internet providers ( especially if your credit it not great, which mine is not). Aside from the cable service constantly being interrupted especially in the nighttime hours of 10-3 am, they have some of the worst customer service I have ever received. Everyone from the customer service reps who "claim that they'll call me back" and never do, to the installer who literally left for a piece mid install to NEVER RETURN AGAIN. Then when I called TW they could not even get a hold of the installer because they were "contracted". I will work on my credit so I don't have ONLY TW to choose from. If you can avoid it, avoid it.
Shannon S.
Shepherdsvlle, KY
Oh goodness. Not sure where to start with this one. I will try and write something positive. I understand that first time customers will get a lower rate, but now five years later I pay about $150 more a month now than in the beginning. For the past 6 months it's went up $20 each month. I called every month, I was told a "promotion had ended". Mind you, I have had the same bundle/package since day one, no changes. Customer service through TWC, horrible. They act like they don't care. All the while, nothing against anyone, I have yet to talk to someone that speaks English. After six weeks of my cable not working properly (frozen and pixilated screen) and several service calls over four months time, I was finally told I had faulty equipment (they never turned down a monthly payment, believe that). Phone service--calls drop frequently. Internet supposed to be the fastest speed they offer, yet I lose internet connection on a daily basis. Believe me, my options in my area are very limited. I would have already switched if that wasn't the case.
Nurse B.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
TWC should win an award for Most Improved Customer Service. When I started with them years ago, they were horrible. I even left them for while and resisted going back because I'd had such a bad experience with them. To be honest, it was the Dodgers that brought be back to TWC, but I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by how much they have improved. Although it is annoying that my bill creeps up higher and higher each month for inexplicable reasons, when I call them they promptly find some new deal or some sort of way to lower my bill. They are much easier to reach now and I usually get someone who speaks English. They are on-time for appointments and they rarely have outages. All in all, I am pleased with my TWC service.
Trinidad P.
Techie Expert Level 1
I have Time Warner triple play, but I don't use the landline, I don't like the fact they make it more expensive if you want just one service. I also dislike that I pay upwards $22 for just taxes alone and even if you have internet for years with them you're paying a monthly leasing fee for their internet modem.
However, I feel the service is very good, especially the Internet. It is very fast, the speed is exceptional. The customer service doesn't take forever to pick up anymore and the Cable service is good as well, although sometimes the On Demand doesn't work for a few hours. I also like the fact that if you're a few days late at paying the bill, they don't shut your service off after a day or two past the bill due date.
Anna M.
Thomasville, NC
We switched to TWC within the past 6 months after having TV service through Direct TV and Internet through a local service provider. We chose a bundle contract with home phone which we don't use but like to have available in the event of an emergency. TWC's Internet speed is much, much faster than what we had previously at a comperable price. I have mentally noted we experience a lot more lag, and disconnects which require the router to be reset. Idk if this I the router or the service provider. I am not impressed with the television service. I find the picture quality inferior to Direct TV, and am apparently resistant to change after 12 years. But for the money we save every month, $60. I will learn to love it in time.
Shelby R.
As a former Direct TV user I am not the biggest fan of Time Warner.. It may be the package we have at my house but I am not allowed to record from all TVs I have to go to a designated television to record my shows. It also doesn't allow me to pause a live TV show the way I could with Direct TV. I also am not able to record a show that hasn't started yet (for example if I want to record Jane the Virgin which should be out in October I'd need to wait for the month of October, whereas with Direct TV I could do it during any month) From my understanding there is a huge cost difference of about $100 switching from Direct TV to Time Warner and in the end I guess paying less takes away from the luxury of being able to do more. ☹️
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?