BY TIME WARNER CABLE #2 in Cable Providers

• Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to lea...1 Answers
Hollie S.
Hollie S.
Cincinnati, OH
Time Warner Cable is okay... it's hard to review a company that has basically held a Monopoly in my area for quite some time. There is another company that offers DSL, but can only get speeds up to 3mbps. Time Warner can go up to around 50 mbps - as I use my internet to watch television, I need good speeds for clear HD streaming. The downside in addition to being a monopoly is they are somewhat high priced and the bandwith bottlenecks (at least in my neighborhood). It is not unusual for web pages to load slowly and my online streaming to lose its HD (which isn't *really* HD but still looks better) during peak times - when I ask Time Warner about this, they just say that when multiple people are using the same node that it bogs the internet down. So I pay for 30 mbps... but I don't think I actually get those speeds... I've planned on downsizing in the near future. When the DSL company brings upgraded service to my neighborhood, I may even switch.
Kaylee C.
Kaylee C.
Dallas, TX
I think time warner is good, but not great. It didn't quite meet my expectations because I liked Comcast/Verizon better. The customer service has been wonderful and I'd recommend it to others if you live in the region.
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
Van Nuys, CA
Basically I have been a slave to TimeWarner since I live in the so cal valley and am extremely limited in my cable/internet providers ( especially if your credit it not great, which mine is not). Aside from the cable service constantly being interrupted especially in the nighttime hours of 10-3 am, they have some of the worst customer service I have ever received. Everyone from the customer service reps who "claim that they'll call me back" and never do, to the installer who literally left for a piece mid install to NEVER RETURN AGAIN. Then when I called TW they could not even get a hold of the installer because they were "contracted". I will work on my credit so I don't have ONLY TW to choose from. If you can avoid it, avoid it.
Kathryn W.
Kathryn W.
Hemet, CA
I'm staying with time warner, they are the only bundle out there with NO Contract. Don't think because they don't have you in a contract that they could care less about you. I have had them for years and years abd they always work with me and are super helpful. I've got tons of promotions and help.
nicole.lobascio.7
nicole.lobascio.7
New York
Barely works without broadcasting issues and the company is constantly adding new charges and increasing monthly rates for services and equipment that used to be included in the monthly packages for cable and Internet. This company treats new customers better than its loyal long-time customers. I had to fight tooth & nail for TWC to rectify a billing issue because I was not charged the price promised to me by the sales associate when I moved and signed up for a new packaged. The hold times and runaround was so outrageously long, I probably spent a good 16-24 hours trying to resolve an error made on their end. Thankfully I reached a helpful manager after 6 months of collection calls. My credit report was also affected when TWC continued to bill me
for services after I told them I was moving and to cut my service off at my old address. They insisted that I had to show them a copy of my new lease, which seams ridiculous because I notified them before I moved. They should be investigated by the Better Business Bureau for questionable business practices. I'm giving them one star because I like the new DVR equipment (which allows me to record up to 6 shows at once).
Shannon S.
Shannon S.
If you have a store location near you, ALWAYS go there first before even trying to call their customer service line. They never know what they are doing, and they don't listen to you completely when you call for an issue. My reps always talk over me and get an attitude when I try to explain something. Once, while trying to move my service to my new apartment, the lady lied to me and told me I had to cancel my account and open a whole new one, pay an outrageous equipment fee (which would be refunded when I turned in my modem), and then tried transferring me to set up a new account and pay even more money. I told them no and just went to my nearest store. The rep I talked to there told me that my customer service rep lied to me, that she could have just transferred my service, and that there was no reason for the returned equipment fee. I never call them now except to check on outages or to pay a bill.
Kylie H.
Kylie H.
Tipp City, OH
Time warner cable is alright, although they have tried to raise my bill every month every since I started using them. I have to call them frequently to get my monthly payment back down to when I first started paying.. Also they aren't very reliable, Internet wise.. It's pretty slow and expensive.
Mindy W.
Mindy W.
Ashtabula, OH
For the most part I'm satisfied with Time Warner the only thing I don't care for are the outrageous prices and the approximate wait times if something needs fixed. For example: We'll be there between 9 -5 so basically you have to take a day off to wait for them to come and they show up at 4:45!
Nicole A.
Nicole A.
Canyon Country, CA
They are absolutely terrible! Our internet is always going out. I mean line 10-12 times a year. That is ridiculous. The phone line will cut out and just hang up on people. The cable always cuts out or is fuzzy. We always get the message "an error with your cable has occurred. Please try again later. If the issue persists please contact customer service." It got so bad that we just have basic cable now because I never got to watch any of my shows. The kids' recordings would be messed up. We go days without Internet and they always have a different excuse as to why it doesn't work. Seriously go with someone else. Unfortunately because of where I live they are all I can choose.
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B.
We have Internet and previously had cable through time warner cable. We aren't big fans because their pricing is a bit high and they are our only option in this area. We ended up getting rid of the cable as we don't use it much. the Internet is reliable for the most part but priced much higher than the company we had before we moved. Since we have removed cable, I received mail at least once a month asking us to upgrade, which I think is I huge waste of paper and postage. Every time I've been on the phone with them regarding any services, they run us through a series of hold, checking for deals, hold, ask a question, hold, etc. It is time consuming and ineffective.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?