BY TIME WARNER CABLE #5 in Cable Providers

• Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to lea...1 Answers
Trinidad P.
Trinidad P.
Techie Expert
I have Time Warner triple play, but I don't use the landline, I don't like the fact they make it more expensive if you want just one service. I also dislike that I pay upwards $22 for just taxes alone and even if you have internet for years with them you're paying a monthly leasing fee for their internet modem.
However, I feel the service is very good, especially the Internet. It is very fast, the speed is exceptional. The customer service doesn't take forever to pick up anymore and the Cable service is good as well, although sometimes the On Demand doesn't work for a few hours. I also like the fact that if you're a few days late at paying the bill, they don't shut your service off after a day or two past the bill due date.
Shelby R.
Shelby R.
As a former Direct TV user I am not the biggest fan of Time Warner.. It may be the package we have at my house but I am not allowed to record from all TVs I have to go to a designated television to record my shows. It also doesn't allow me to pause a live TV show the way I could with Direct TV. I also am not able to record a show that hasn't started yet (for example if I want to record Jane the Virgin which should be out in October I'd need to wait for the month of October, whereas with Direct TV I could do it during any month) From my understanding there is a huge cost difference of about $100 switching from Direct TV to Time Warner and in the end I guess paying less takes away from the luxury of being able to do more. ☹️
Stacy M.
Stacy M.
Kent, OH
I didn't have too much trouble until I started getting things added on. I started off with standard internet in my previous apartment and it worked great. Then when I added on cable and the promotions were offered. Once the promotion was over I was not told that my price would be increasing. Then when I wanted to get rid of cable and just have internet so how the cost ended up being more. And I was outraged! I had been a very loyal customer and I had always paid on time. So I when I wanted to transfer the account to my roommate there were a lot of stipulations. I was not happy so I cancelled my services. Luckily there was once in the area and I was able to bring my equipment back and I have not been a customer since then.
Anna M.
Anna M.
Thomasville, NC
We switched to TWC within the past 6 months after having TV service through Direct TV and Internet through a local service provider. We chose a bundle contract with home phone which we don't use but like to have available in the event of an emergency. TWC's Internet speed is much, much faster than what we had previously at a comperable price. I have mentally noted we experience a lot more lag, and disconnects which require the router to be reset. Idk if this I the router or the service provider. I am not impressed with the television service. I find the picture quality inferior to Direct TV, and am apparently resistant to change after 12 years. But for the money we save every month, $60. I will learn to love it in time.
Lauren A.
Lauren A.
Charlotte, NC
I truly dislike Time Warner Cable. I cannot begin to tally up the ways they have let me down. Customer service is non-existent. They do not communicate well with customers or with their own employees, resulting in techs not showing up for scheduled appointments, sending the wrong techs out, not having the right equipment if/when they do show up, etc. I could go on and on. It takes them weeks, sometimes months, to correct their own mistakes. They only reason they deserve any stars is the programming selection. I have never had an issue with them discontinuing a favorite channel like the satellite networks have done. I wish I had better options for cable and internet (hurry up, google fiber!) but I do not at this time.
Marissa S.
Marissa S.
Windham, ME
Due to where we live, Time Warner is the only internet provider that is available to us, which is a shame, because we have had nothing but problems with them from the start. I need high-speed internet in order to work from home, and the equipment they provided was garbage. Their technical support has been minimally helpful, and sometimes terrible. We have had someone out to our house about 6 times in the past year, each one telling us different information about why our internet wasn't working. All agreed that TWC equipment was no good and that we were better off purchasing our own equipment. I never recommend TWC when other options are available. Unfortunately, that is all that is available to us right now.
Amber M.
Amber M.
De Pere, WI
I legitimately hate time Warner cable. They treat their new customers better than the old ones. My bill jumped from 90 to 135 after the first year and every time I call to downgrade or check on different rates the representatives are rude and argue that there is nothing they can do. Its not as if I'm rude when I call in, I work for a call center so I'm nice but by the end of the call I literally tell them that they're the worst customer service. You would think since they have a customer satisfaction survey they would train the reps to HELP THE CUSTOMER. It's hard to believe that they don't have some sort of retention department set up. If I honestly had other options for cable I'd drop TWC so fast.
Meghan G.
Meghan G.
Watervliet, NY
My family has had time warner for years and their service isn't that great, but from researching other companies, seems everyone has similar problems. We have the fastest Internet they offer, yet it seems no different from before with the standard. We have 2 dvr's and most of the time if you go to watch a show that was recorded, it messes up and you end up not being able to watch. Or if you try and fast forward a show, it jumps right back to the befinning. Also the WiFi range is terrible. I loose my wifi in the back of my house all the time
They really need to get better equipment, especially when your paying so much to rent the stuff. It should be top of the line!
I wouldn't recommend.
Courtney Y.
Courtney Y.
Middletown, OH
I don't even know where to start. We can never just sit and watch TV without it going in and out, the Internet is so bad when we do use it, it takes forever to load anything. When the cable isn't working I normally just turn on Netflix and that can't even run because the Internet is so poor! When I call and try to get someone out to fix all this, they tell me all they can do is boost the signal, they refuse to send someone to put new boxes in, and to give us a new router, ( ours is old) but they won't give us a new one to possibly fix the problem. If I'm paying them as much money as I do I feel like they could at least try to figure out what the problem is! Time warner is awful!
Sara F.
Sara F.
Racine, WI
I've had a pretty rough time working with Time Warner Cable from the beginning. I moved out on my own over a year ago. It took them two hours to set up my internet. Then they messed up my billing. When I moved a year later, they made a typo on my account which in turn, shut off my neighbors internet. To fix the solution, I had to be on the phone for about a half hour while they fixed the typo, I was in the middle of dinner with the family while I waited for them to enter the correct unit number for my apartment. I hate their service, but it's inexpensive and relatively reliable. If a better opportunity came around, I would switch, but I would rather deal with the devil I know.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?