BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Dianne R.
Louisville , KY
Techie Expert Level 1
The price is too high for what you get and the bills are confusing. The equipment can be sketchy and we usually have to call at least once a month to have our box reset when the cable goes out. I have had several DVRs go bad and had to have them replaced, which made me lose everything that I had saved on it. I don't like that the company contracts with other companies and may not have vetted the servicemen and women who come to your house. The DVRs are not large capacity and you can only record two shows at once, unlike with other companies. I would probably switch if a better cable company offered the same thing. Time Warner was recently bought by another well-known company and they're changing the name to Spectrum. The company has been bought and sold at least half a dozen times since I became a customer.
Casey M.
Oh, Time Warner. While I appreciate the strides that the company has made to improve customer service -- and it HAS improved -- I still have more issues with my cable and internet than I would like. When my internet is going, it is fast and wonderful. The reliable part is the problem. My boyfriend and I both game online, and we have experienced issues when both of us are online at the same time, despite have turbo speed. What is most annoying to me are the issues with cable. OnDemand is a huge part of my cable usage, and I have had to reset my cable box or call because of a larger issue at least once a month because OnDemand suddenly was no longer working. Their billing practices are also incredibly sneaky. Sure, I like when you give me free stuff when I call to complain -- but I don't appreciate surprise charges. In short, they provide a service, which is fairly consistent, but I just don't trust the company. If I had another option that gave me everything I wanted, I would switch.
Christine V.
Time Warner is really the only option out here. Like anywhere else in America, 1 company in your area pretty much has a monopoly with zero competition and they get to decide the prices. Because we purchased our own Wifi Modem, We pay about $50 for 50 MB internet, which is the highest available in our specific area. I think that internet can cost less per month, but I know I have paid more for similar internet from other providers that also "buffered" my internet speeds when I got to close to some GB limit, which in my opinion no internet company should do or be able to do. As Time Warner Cable does not do that is the reasoning behind my 3 stars combined with usually good service when someone comes out, which has only had to happen once in the year we've lived in our home.
Jackie D.
Florence , Ky
I recently moved and this was the company that I had at my apartment. I carried them over to my house because they promised no installation fee or transfer fee or any other fee that was associated - because i was already a customer. It would have cost me double and even triple to switch to a number of different companies. But when my first bill came I had to get on the phone with customer service bc they charged me over $800 in fees for moving when they said they wouldn't. They ended up going back to the notes and the recorded conversation to give me all my money back but after an hour and a half on the phone it was better. Just kind of a headache when you have an issue. Seems like communication is very little or procedures are not followed through the same for every customer..
Ty W.
Pineville, NC
The Customer Care department is lacking. Every person I spoke to at the call center are void of being able to explain billing, billing cycle, billing start date, extra fees and proper adjustments for overcharges. You will get hit with so many One Time Charges that were suppose to be free with the Free Installation but once that bill comes you will see 19.99 and 40.00 charges out of the wazzoo. In NC a supervisor name Pat is great, we've been acquainted through my requests for a call from a supervisor every time a discrepancy posted to my account. Also a technician charged me a fee for a visit/installation when he never came! Pat went over the charges and I shocked and despite her constantly correcting the wrong fees the automated billing system kept flooding my account with charges, it took almost 2 months to be corrected. And don't call any time close to 11:00pm because the reps leave then and will try to route your call and end it quickly so they can get home, not all reps do this but I've had a few.
Tiffany H.
I have Time Warner Cable at home for Internet and tv, and they both work relatively well. I think that the cable TV offerings are plentiful and offer a lot of variety. My only problems with Time Warner are that one, the cable sometimes stops working with no warning or explanation, and two, they periodically "improve" their services, which changes the TV menu. I REALLY hate their current TV menu. It is ridiculously non-intuitive and is such a pain to use that it makes me so stressed that I don't want to watch tv. Luckily, I didn't change the set box in my room, so I still have the old menu there. Unfortunately, my DVR inexplicably started recording less and less, which could possibly be because it's outdated . . .but I'm too afraid to upgrade my box! I have had a few instances where the people at Time Warner don't seem to communicate with each other so they tell me different information, which is not helpful, but most of the people I've dealt with have at least been friendly.
Eva C.
Techie Expert Level 4
Biggest load of garbage. Your rates will start at 40 dollars for just internet and that's supposed to stay at that price for a full year. Well during the second month they apply hidden fees and back the price up to 80 dollars.
Sara P.
Time Warner Cable is a great cable company. They are very user friendly. They offer lots of shows and their online services are great. The only problem I have is that you cannot use your TWC login to watch ABC shows online.
Celine K.
Raleigh, NC
It's a great and reliable service. Great choice in channels and variety. Has multiple downsides though. First, they removed my go-to news channel, Al-Jazeera. This channel abstained from all bias and didn't only focus on U.S. news. It covered news from around the world, and handled everything professionally and neat. TWC removed for some unknown reason and will not return it. That's one factor that makes me want to switch services. Another factor is the price. Over time, the price has increased and they will not let me reduce it. I have to call and complain for them to give me a "discount" or basically return it to the same price that it had when I signed up. This sucks. Another thing is that the connection will constantly go out during storms, which is not reliable. I've contemplated changing services many times.
Cheyenne B.
Buena park, CA
Twc has always been my go to cable provider no matter where i have moved. Pro: tons of channels, occasional promos cons: without those promos very expensive for "basic" cable, glitches too much and always having problems.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?