BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Rachel K.
N Ridgeville, OH
I'm not a fan of Time Warner Cable, but we recently moved and it's our only option. Their "high-speed" internet service is less than half as fast as what we'd previously had with U-Verse at our old house and the service is not dependable. Cable box and DVR are not intuitive and are slow to start up.
I do have to say that the installer who came out and set up our service at a newly built house was very good.
Ali M.
Monclova, OH
Time warner cable is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I have never been more frustrated with a company whose willingness to make a customer happy is almost non existent. As soon as I can move to another company I will! The good part of the company is the on demand TV shows that are free. If you're willing to deal with a terrible run company for free on demand shows, TWC is probably for you.
Angela B.
New Brockton, AL
We've been using Time Warner Cable for almost a year. At first, it was great! However, when we moved, transferring our service was terrible. No one came out at the scheduled time, because I never received my confirmation - because they didn't change my phone number in the system when I set up the appointment. We've also had to have our modem replaced already and the internet still flakes out.
Neva C.
los angeles, CA
Time Warner is ok. It definitely seems to be slightly better than Comcast in terms of horrific customer service, secret data caps and notices for piracy. I hope that Google Fiber rolls out soon and saves us all. Time Warner doesn't seem to constantly call us with promo offers or send by sales people to pitch us bundles that we don't want, use, or need like Comcast did at our last apartment.
Heather A.
Georgetown, KY
I'm going to start off on a good note, the channels and on demand and stuff are great. Now with the bad, their prices are outrageous, I have basic cable and Internet (turbo speed) and I'm paying 200 a month!! The Internet is horrible, I have complained many times I can walk downstairs and loose signal completely. I have been having trouble with sound going out while I'm watching TV and at first I thought that was my TV but it doesn't do it when I'm watching a DVD or Netflix or anything other them cable. I'd switch companies but unfortunately I can't at the moment.
Rob K.
Not in love with TWC overall, their poor service and sub-par product leave much to be desired.

It took multiple calls to set up my internet service. I purchased my own modem/router (would highly recommend, they pay for themselves after ~6 months by avoiding the ridiculous rental fees that TWC charges. very simple too, if you can plug in a few wires, you can set it up yourself), and I guess they do not like when you use your own router. They would not turn on my internet without signing up for a time for a technician to come in. So I sign up for an appointment since they won't turn on my service (despite the fact that their system detected my equipment), then call a week later and try to sign up again and cancel the nonsense appointment. Now they claim that they cannot find my modem, and they actually need to send a technician to the building to fix it. At least now I don't have to pay for it nor do I need to worry about missing work to let some jabroni into my apartment. So another week goes by... I call back the next weekend to try to set it up again and the TWC employee cannot figure out how to turn on my service. I call back again, and FINALLY they turn it on.

After using their internet service for a few months, I notice that we only get around half of the bandwidth we signed up for. Perhaps there is a network overload living in manhattan, but I would say i am not very satisfied with their service overall. I would try to get another internet provider but our building is only wired for TWC, so they basically have me monopolized.

In the end, we still have internet, and it rarely completely shuts down (it frequently SLOWS down, but that's not as bad), so it's still better than no internet. If they had their act together, I would have been a customer about a month earlier and they would have another $35 from me. That's a bad job
Jennifer V.
Fairborn, OH
Not a huge fan of TWC, but seeing as though it is the only internet service provider available in my area I am kind of stuck with them. The price of my INTERNET ONLY plan keeps going up every month. When they switched over to Spectrum they did not offer me a reduced price on the plan that no longer even existed anymore. They don't even offer those speeds that I have anymore. It also took them a long time to fix my internet and I have been hung up on a million times when trying to get it to work out.
Heather U.
Colfax , NC
Techie Expert
Just made the switch from Direct TV to Time Warner and so far I'm not so sure about it. Sounded like a great deal over the phone. The idea was to save money. but not sacrifice the channels we love. We lost lots of the channels we like. Feel like we are still spending way too much to watch the few channels that we do. Planning to go cable free soon.
Jeremy H.
I genuinely do not like Time Warner. In the years that I had them, our service was spotty at best, service was never really helpful and when someone was finally dispatched they just replaced a device and left but service wouldn't be restored still. Unfortunately, we lived in an area where it was the only option as no other provider would connect to our properties.
Hope R.
Charlotte, NC
Time Warner cable is fairly dependable in my area. However, it is outrageously expensive. Their customer service is practically non-existent. They have people who answer the phone when you call, but they definitely do not sound as if they are interested in serving the customers. I wish there were more service providers in this area. Google will be here soon.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?