BY TIME WARNER CABLE #2 in Cable Providers

• Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to lea...1 Answers
Celine K.
Celine K.
Greensboro, NC
It's a great and reliable service. Great choice in channels and variety. Has multiple downsides though. First, they removed my go-to news channel, Al-Jazeera. This channel abstained from all bias and didn't only focus on U.S. news. It covered news from around the world, and handled everything professionally and neat. TWC removed for some unknown reason and will not return it. That's one factor that makes me want to switch services. Another factor is the price. Over time, the price has increased and they will not let me reduce it. I have to call and complain for them to give me a "discount" or basically return it to the same price that it had when I signed up. This sucks. Another thing is that the connection will constantly go out during storms, which is not reliable. I've contemplated changing services many times.
Beverly S.
Beverly S.
Winston Salem, NC
My experience with Time Warner has been both good and bad. I have had some on line customer reps that have been outstanding. They were polite and attentive and I felt they listened and did the best to resolve any problems. Other times I have had to make many calls to finally get to the person I needed to speak to. I do think Time Warner is getting better with customer service and making attempts. The most difficult thing is when you want to change or downgrade, when you speak to a representative you have start from scratch explaining what needs to be done before it is finally implemented. Most of the representatives do try to listen and accommodate, I think sometimes things are not upgraded in their computer system as well as they could be. I will say that my internet is rarely down and I can appreciate that.
Cindy D.
Cindy D.
Overland Park, KS
We have had Time Warner Cable for several years. Overall, I am happy with them. They answer the support line 24/7 and the people there are always very helpful. I have very few outages, but I do notice that sometimes my cable stops broadcasting certain channels for brief periods of time, or the feed comes to a halt and then starts up again. One thing I don't like about this company (but I;m not sure it's any differnt with any other company) is that every few months I see my bill go up because some promotional offer I had expires - then I have to call them and figure out what other offer I can get on to get my bill back to about what it was before. They don't tell you up front, but you can always call and find out what the current offers are and if something is better than the deal you have now, you can switch.
Dianne R.
Dianne R.
Louisville, KY
Techie Expert
The price is too high for what you get and the bills are confusing. The equipment can be sketchy and we usually have to call at least once a month to have our box reset when the cable goes out. I have had several DVRs go bad and had to have them replaced, which made me lose everything that I had saved on it. I don't like that the company contracts with other companies and may not have vetted the servicemen and women who come to your house. The DVRs are not large capacity and you can only record two shows at once, unlike with other companies. I would probably switch if a better cable company offered the same thing. Time Warner was recently bought by another well-known company and they're changing the name to Spectrum. The company has been bought and sold at least half a dozen times since I became a customer.
Pamela S.
Pamela S.
Utica, NY
Time warner is the only provider in our area. The prices are outrageous. The company totally takes advantage of being the only cable provider in the area. I actually have two accounts, I have a home account and an account for my summer home. I don't even get a multi-account discount. I receive only cable (no phone and no internet) at camp and my bill is almost $100. Now, time warner is making customers purchase a digital converter for all televisions that are hooked up directly to cable (no box). Another cost added to the bill! And when you actually look at the bill, we even pay for the guide. It's getting obnoxious the amount of money we spend on cable and Internet. Unfortunately, for both locations this is our only option. I would love to use only Hulu and Netflix, but my husband likes to watch sports.
Aliza C.
Aliza C.
Liberty Hill, TX
Absolute worst company to work with- only use them because there are no other options. Horrible customer service...we have literally spent 4=5 hours being transferred around and around due to their mistakes. We moved 300 miles from our previous home, arranged to have service moved to new house before moving. Were told when we arrived to new home that they would not start our service because we never returned our cable box????!!!!! Then told we could only return it in person to a location near our old house. This is despite the fact that we were going to continue with them, arranged it ahead of time, and they were going to give us the same box. Beyond frustrated. Their customer service team (in India, btw) read from a script and have absolutely no power to use common sense. would give 0 stars if I could.
Joy O.
Joy O.
Channel selection is good and prices are also pretty good - but Time Warner is really the only option where I live. I would rate higher if it wasn't for customer service and billing. We constantly had issues with our bills (being charged for services we no longer had) and it never really seemed to get resolved quickly. We moved to Boston for a few years and just moved home a few months ago. I just received notice in the mail TW sent me to collections for $50?! I see they are back to same old same old. I have no idea where to begin to rectify this new nightmare. I haven't even lived here for two years much less have their service! I give them one star because I like how much space is on my DVR and I don't need a huge digital cable box to run every TV in my house unlike my old
Provider, charter.
Jackie D.
Jackie D.
Florence , Ky
I recently moved and this was the company that I had at my apartment. I carried them over to my house because they promised no installation fee or transfer fee or any other fee that was associated - because i was already a customer. It would have cost me double and even triple to switch to a number of different companies. But when my first bill came I had to get on the phone with customer service bc they charged me over $800 in fees for moving when they said they wouldn't. They ended up going back to the notes and the recorded conversation to give me all my money back but after an hour and a half on the phone it was better. Just kind of a headache when you have an issue. Seems like communication is very little or procedures are not followed through the same for every customer..
Christine V.
Christine V.
Time Warner is really the only option out here. Like anywhere else in America, 1 company in your area pretty much has a monopoly with zero competition and they get to decide the prices. Because we purchased our own Wifi Modem, We pay about $50 for 50 MB internet, which is the highest available in our specific area. I think that internet can cost less per month, but I know I have paid more for similar internet from other providers that also "buffered" my internet speeds when I got to close to some GB limit, which in my opinion no internet company should do or be able to do. As Time Warner Cable does not do that is the reasoning behind my 3 stars combined with usually good service when someone comes out, which has only had to happen once in the year we've lived in our home.
Lessie S.
Lessie S.
Columbus, OH
Way way way too expensive the longer you're with the company the more you have to pay it's almost like they're punishing you for staying with them half the time most of the channels won't come in not available please try again you see that 10 times a day you call and ask why your bills so how you get this huge run around they know that a lot of places don't have anything other than their service and to me they take full advantage of that and charge these astronomical prices which I do not understand it all because it's all these other places can offer quality cable services internet and phone at these prices then so can Time Warner they just choose not to I think it's a huge scam I think they got the customer if I had an option I would definitely be with another company
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?