BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $271/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs &lt...1 Answers
  • Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs &lt...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs &lt...1 Answers
Rob K.
Not in love with TWC overall, their poor service and sub-par product leave much to be desired.

It took multiple calls to set up my internet service. I purchased my own modem/router (would highly recommend, they pay for themselves after ~6 months by avoiding the ridiculous rental fees that TWC charges. very simple too, if you can plug in a few wires, you can set it up yourself), and I guess they do not like when you use your own router. They would not turn on my internet without signing up for a time for a technician to come in. So I sign up for an appointment since they won't turn on my service (despite the fact that their system detected my equipment), then call a week later and try to sign up again and cancel the nonsense appointment. Now they claim that they cannot find my modem, and they actually need to send a technician to the building to fix it. At least now I don't have to pay for it nor do I need to worry about missing work to let some jabroni into my apartment. So another week goes by... I call back the next weekend to try to set it up again and the TWC employee cannot figure out how to turn on my service. I call back again, and FINALLY they turn it on.

After using their internet service for a few months, I notice that we only get around half of the bandwidth we signed up for. Perhaps there is a network overload living in manhattan, but I would say i am not very satisfied with their service overall. I would try to get another internet provider but our building is only wired for TWC, so they basically have me monopolized.

In the end, we still have internet, and it rarely completely shuts down (it frequently SLOWS down, but that's not as bad), so it's still better than no internet. If they had their act together, I would have been a customer about a month earlier and they would have another $35 from me. That's a bad job
Jennifer V.
Fairborn, OH
Not a huge fan of TWC, but seeing as though it is the only internet service provider available in my area I am kind of stuck with them. The price of my INTERNET ONLY plan keeps going up every month. When they switched over to Spectrum they did not offer me a reduced price on the plan that no longer even existed anymore. They don't even offer those speeds that I have anymore. It also took them a long time to fix my internet and I have been hung up on a million times when trying to get it to work out.
Sandra M.
San Benito, TX
I guess where I live they are by far the best, BUT I personally HATE dealing with them. They have some rude and unhelpful people. Not to mention when you're a customer for 4 years you get nothing but higher prices!!! All the new members are paying about $40 right now for a plan I have and i pay $172! That's outrageous. Rather than that they are a great TV service their internet hardly never goes down.
Dana C.
Hilton Head, SC
Time Warner is one of the only options I have for internet and cable so unfortunately besides using my local provider (which is even worse) I have to use them. Everything is spotty; from cable service to my DVR starting to record shows at the correct time. The internet is spotty also which is frustrating.
Kristen W.
Saratoga Springs, NY
We are TWC subscribers only because that is the only cable option in our area. They offer good promotional rates only to brand new subscribers but there is no reward to being longtime, loyal customers who put up with ever increasing prices for less service. It is difficult to get anyone on the phone to help who can actually help you, and we have pretty frequent internet outages. Just this past month, our internet suddenly stopped working. We got a door hanger preprinted from the company saying we needed to call to have our lines serviced. My husband called and had to be transferred 3 times (on hold around 30 mins) just to find someone who (sort of) knew what was going on. They could only offer us an "appointment" (all day appointment, mind you - meaning they could show up at any time) on a Saturday, which at the time was 2 days away. The tech ended up showing up a day early (thank goodness I was home) & spent a considerable amount of time running a new line out to the road. He then said a crew would be out to bury it "sometime in the next 2 months". So, now we have a bright orange wire that we are constantly tripping over in our back yard (plus it looks like we're doing something shady). Terrible company - very unhappy & recommend you avoid them if possible!
Mary A.
Living in NYC I definitely prefer Time Warner Cable over other cable and internet service providers. I love that with TWC I have so many great options as far as packaging my services and what I can do to not miss certain shows and movies, like recording with DVR, for instance.

I've never used other service providers for the home but I am really satisfied with TWC and will not be switching anytime soon. The only reason I would give them a 4 star rating is because of their DVR dilemma.

If you have recordings saved onto your DVR box but then you switch boxes for whatever reason having to do with quality or malfunction or even an upgrade, everything you had recorded leaves with the box! Unfortunately, this happened to me last year when I upgraded my box and I lost some really good movies and a couple of shows I was featured on with my favorite singer! These were like memories for me so yes, it is sad that I lost the footage.

I think they should find a way to have customers "save" the stuff they DVR onto their account so that no matter how many times a customer switches boxes they don't lose whatever recordings may be special to them. Also, DVR recording should be able to be viewed on desktop and laptop devices, wink wink, TWC!
Alyssa Q.
Ughhh. This is the only cable place in my town and I hate it! I hate that I am forced to use this company if I want internet and cable service. The customer service is terrible and THEY LIE TO YOU ALL THE TIME!! They sent me a letter "As a Valued Customer" and offered me a free box. When I called to claim, they said they had no idea what I was taking about. When I mentioned what the letter said, the told me I should have never gotten that letter :/ After explaining how disappointing that is, they told me they would send the box because of their mistake and I also made other changes to my plan. It has been three weeks (going on four) and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. NO BOX AND MY NEW PLAN WAS NEVER UPDATED. When I called to see what the hold up was, no one had any idea what I was talking about and said there was nothing in their records that showed the changes the previous customer representative promised me. He basically just agreed with me to get me off the phone. He lied to me. I wait/wish for the day another cable (and better) company comes to my town so I will never have to deal with TIME WARNER CABLE EVER AGAIN.
Jen S.
Techie Expert Level 1
Overpriced, not super responsive to outages and issues, with terrible customer care. But they have the monopoly on NYC cable. In my last years in NYC I just cut out cable altogether because I didn't like them. I now live in a different part of the country and have great cable service with another provider.
Katie O.
Cary, Nc
Love the channels..hate customer service . Ever since their customer service went to India, it has been horrible. Last time I called in I was told I was making up the product I was requesting and that I was wrong and they couldn't help me. I asked what other packages were available and they told me I didn't need to change my package and there were none. I wanted to asked a reasonable logical question about a product and the customer service agent pretended he couldn't hear me and hung up...then when I tried to call back they had turned my account off without my permission. I had to wait in line at time warner cable for 2 hours to return equipment after being lied to about what I was getting in my package and then told my bill would then increase and they couldn't give me any deals because I was no longer a "new customer" even though it is only be 15 hours...I've been with TWC since I was little and my parents have used them for god knows how long. Needless to say they are LUCKY I am still with them..but I hope they fix their customer service section because if I have to deal with another person from India talking over me, calling me a liar and then pretending they can't hear me so they can hang up? They will be losing a long time customer.
Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
Techie Expert Level 2
Before I write anything else, I just want anyone reading my review to know that this review is solely based on my experience with TWC in regard to the internet provider service. I really don't have many positive things to say about my service with them, I have had them for many years and just figured that no company in my past or present has ever actually given me the speeds that they advertise. This company offers many bundle services but I only need Internet as I am an online college student and require a reliable connection. The speeds advertised are false and I pay for one of the fastest residential speeds, when I do speed tests I get half or less than what they charge me for but when I call customer service they always reset it and it temporarily works well, temporary as in a few hours. I am also certain that they throttle service even though they claim my service is unlimited.
Otherwise I guess it's fine but I'm still in search of a company that delivers what is advertised.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?