BY TIME WARNER CABLE #5 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Kristen W.
Saratoga Springs, NY
We are TWC subscribers only because that is the only cable option in our area. They offer good promotional rates only to brand new subscribers but there is no reward to being longtime, loyal customers who put up with ever increasing prices for less service. It is difficult to get anyone on the phone to help who can actually help you, and we have pretty frequent internet outages. Just this past month, our internet suddenly stopped working. We got a door hanger preprinted from the company saying we needed to call to have our lines serviced. My husband called and had to be transferred 3 times (on hold around 30 mins) just to find someone who (sort of) knew what was going on. They could only offer us an "appointment" (all day appointment, mind you - meaning they could show up at any time) on a Saturday, which at the time was 2 days away. The tech ended up showing up a day early (thank goodness I was home) & spent a considerable amount of time running a new line out to the road. He then said a crew would be out to bury it "sometime in the next 2 months". So, now we have a bright orange wire that we are constantly tripping over in our back yard (plus it looks like we're doing something shady). Terrible company - very unhappy & recommend you avoid them if possible!
Mary A.
Living in NYC I definitely prefer Time Warner Cable over other cable and internet service providers. I love that with TWC I have so many great options as far as packaging my services and what I can do to not miss certain shows and movies, like recording with DVR, for instance.

I've never used other service providers for the home but I am really satisfied with TWC and will not be switching anytime soon. The only reason I would give them a 4 star rating is because of their DVR dilemma.

If you have recordings saved onto your DVR box but then you switch boxes for whatever reason having to do with quality or malfunction or even an upgrade, everything you had recorded leaves with the box! Unfortunately, this happened to me last year when I upgraded my box and I lost some really good movies and a couple of shows I was featured on with my favorite singer! These were like memories for me so yes, it is sad that I lost the footage.

I think they should find a way to have customers "save" the stuff they DVR onto their account so that no matter how many times a customer switches boxes they don't lose whatever recordings may be special to them. Also, DVR recording should be able to be viewed on desktop and laptop devices, wink wink, TWC!
Alyssa Q.
Ughhh. This is the only cable place in my town and I hate it! I hate that I am forced to use this company if I want internet and cable service. The customer service is terrible and THEY LIE TO YOU ALL THE TIME!! They sent me a letter "As a Valued Customer" and offered me a free box. When I called to claim, they said they had no idea what I was taking about. When I mentioned what the letter said, the told me I should have never gotten that letter :/ After explaining how disappointing that is, they told me they would send the box because of their mistake and I also made other changes to my plan. It has been three weeks (going on four) and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. NO BOX AND MY NEW PLAN WAS NEVER UPDATED. When I called to see what the hold up was, no one had any idea what I was talking about and said there was nothing in their records that showed the changes the previous customer representative promised me. He basically just agreed with me to get me off the phone. He lied to me. I wait/wish for the day another cable (and better) company comes to my town so I will never have to deal with TIME WARNER CABLE EVER AGAIN.
Jen S.
Techie Expert Level 1
Overpriced, not super responsive to outages and issues, with terrible customer care. But they have the monopoly on NYC cable. In my last years in NYC I just cut out cable altogether because I didn't like them. I now live in a different part of the country and have great cable service with another provider.
Katie O.
Cary, Nc
Love the channels..hate customer service . Ever since their customer service went to India, it has been horrible. Last time I called in I was told I was making up the product I was requesting and that I was wrong and they couldn't help me. I asked what other packages were available and they told me I didn't need to change my package and there were none. I wanted to asked a reasonable logical question about a product and the customer service agent pretended he couldn't hear me and hung up...then when I tried to call back they had turned my account off without my permission. I had to wait in line at time warner cable for 2 hours to return equipment after being lied to about what I was getting in my package and then told my bill would then increase and they couldn't give me any deals because I was no longer a "new customer" even though it is only be 15 hours...I've been with TWC since I was little and my parents have used them for god knows how long. Needless to say they are LUCKY I am still with them..but I hope they fix their customer service section because if I have to deal with another person from India talking over me, calling me a liar and then pretending they can't hear me so they can hang up? They will be losing a long time customer.
Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
Techie Expert Level 2
Before I write anything else, I just want anyone reading my review to know that this review is solely based on my experience with TWC in regard to the internet provider service. I really don't have many positive things to say about my service with them, I have had them for many years and just figured that no company in my past or present has ever actually given me the speeds that they advertise. This company offers many bundle services but I only need Internet as I am an online college student and require a reliable connection. The speeds advertised are false and I pay for one of the fastest residential speeds, when I do speed tests I get half or less than what they charge me for but when I call customer service they always reset it and it temporarily works well, temporary as in a few hours. I am also certain that they throttle service even though they claim my service is unlimited.
Otherwise I guess it's fine but I'm still in search of a company that delivers what is advertised.
Melissa C.
Albany, NY
Time warner cable definitely is the worst company ever. They're money hungry and charge you for absolutely everything. They are no help when it comes to customer service; they made you wait on hold for hours and they never came when they said they would come. They were awful.
Mary E.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
I've had TWC for over 8 years now. I do love their customer service. I have never had any issue's with that. My internet is a little slow in the upstairs master. We use them for cable, internet and phone. My kids and I love the online streaming from time warner. Plus we have all downloaded the TWC app. It is great for when the kids are using the TV and I want to watch something while doing the dishes or cooking. Also when we are not home, there are still channels available, and you can always watch on demand channels and your dvr. I only gave 4 stars because, I wish they had better promotions, it seems as though my bill is growing and growing annually. We have been loyal, I feel like they should take that into consideration. One great thing I can say about them is, I received a promotion in the mail, for a year free of Showtime and TMC and I am now addicted to the Affair, so when that promotion ends, I may have to add it to my bill. Over all pretty satisfied.
Christine H.
Tujunga, CA
OK, this isn't directed towards a specific location, this is directed at the people on the phone when you call the 800-number about issues with your cable box or getting credited when your cable doesn't work or asking them why they turned off the service of your phone and TV ,Internet and cable randomly when your payments are always in on time.........THOSE people are absolutely appalling. I have been told two completely different company policies by two different customer service reps regarding the same problem that has plagued my cable box for two or more months. When a third customer service guy told me a THIRD completely DIFFERENT company policy about the same problem, I finally snapped and asked him to please tell his supervisor that the customer service reps need to be trained to understand the same uniform company policies and they need to make sure everyone at the company knows what they're talking about and knows how their company handles each possible scenarios that comes into the call center phone lines. I just can't believe I've gotten the run-around from them and I'm getting totally inconsistent information about what I should or should not be doing in order for my problem to be fixed.
Jennifer D.
Spring Hill, TN
We have had Time Warner Cable Service for the past four years. We have their mid size plan which is supposed to allow us to have three to four devises running on it at roadrunner speed all at the same time. Although it works most of the time, it doesn't work great and has issues. At least twice weekly it will just go
offline and we have to reboot everything. If it rains, we start getting signal interruption like there is water in the line and so our signal gets patchy. This leads to frustration when you are watching a video that is stopping and starting or trying to download/upload files for work. Time Warner has been ok, but I can't give a glowing review because they have never once done anything more than what is absolutely required or necessary. We are moving soon and will be changing providers, hopefully this next one will understand the benefit of going a little bit above and beyond because this is something TWC has yet to learn!
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?