BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Dina C.
Lima, OH
I have enjoyed time Warner for a couple of years now. They are are ways on time and also give you all the details about the tech that is coming and the exact time they will be there. The only thing I have an issue with is they do charge a lot of 5.99 fees for dumb things, like if they have to come out due to an issue with their equipment, they will charge you 5.99. It you call to make make a payment but have to speak to someone, they will charge you 5.99 for speaking to a "live agent". Other than that, I have no issues with them.
Lyndsay S.
Binghamton , NY
Techie Expert
If I can describe my experience with TWC, frustration would be the best way say it. TWC has a monopoly in our area so unless you want satellite this is you choice.
The prices are outrageous and constantly going up, over 100 dollar increase in 3 years. The service is menial. It cuts out, has sound issues and picture quality issues a lot. The equipment is junk. Our remote is constantly broken, the DVR box has to be reset all the time in order for our on demand to work and we've been through 3 routers and still have weak signal.
Shelbi R.
I've had better internet service providers. I think it may be the company that isn't good though to be honest. When we first had TWC installed, they charged us ridiculous amounts just for having someone come install the box. We quickly dropped them for cable and went with Direct Tv, so sad they don't have Internet out where we are though. On another occasion, our internet was being weird, we called and they were rude about our problem giving us sass and the call dropped several times while we waited. I truly despise TWC.
Celly w.
Van Nuys, CA
The representatives are usually great with the exception of the more than one handful of representatives that I have run into to make me get 99% through the cancellation process. Their free public wifi if you are an account holder has only worked on three occasions in all of the 5 years that I have been with the company. Their rates are questionable and their internet is spotty sometimes. I do have a great price right now and they have responded to my issues adequately when a tech is needed. They are usually willing to work with their customers, but the first two people you speak to usually aren't much help and climbing up the ladder for a resolution/sufficient response is sometimes needed.
Robby K.
Darien, IL
I have Time Warner as my cable provider at school. I attend Miami University in Ohio, the experience I have had has been awful. The Internet is never consistent and continually goes out. They have had to come out numerous times to fix the Wifi and cable service and clearly have only made temporary fixes and nothing substantial. The video streaming is slow and continually has to buffer. I have Comcast at my home back in the suburbs of Chicago and it is exponentially better. I would not recommend Time Warner to anyone ever.
Stephanie G.
Time Warner Cable has the fastest internet I have ever experienced. However, sometimes the cable has its ups and downs. For example, suddenly we can't watch certain channels so we have to wait about 10 mins to an hour for it to come back. But, I do love that they have an extensive list of free movies to watch! For me that kind of balances out the troubles with some channels going down once in a while. Overall, they're a pretty good service and their prices are reasonable for such great quality internet and freebies.
Linda H.
Sidney, OH
Time Warner Cable is essentially a monopoly in the area in which I live. So we are quite limited in our choices. Decent internet and cable. Ever since the full move to digital air waves we have had more issues than ever before. If there was another company that offered what we have for a much fairer price I would suggest doing your research before jumping into a contract. Yes, when you get time warner cable you will be in a one year contract that will not always reflect the agreed amount at the start of the contract.
Katie S.
Waxahachie, TX
We are currently trying to find a new company. Here is why:
They are tricky and full of lies. They tell you a "set price, that is not going to change" then after about a year it starts to jump. We finally had to have our cable turned off. Our bill was close to $100+ what we where originally priced. We kept the Internet on (until we find a new company) and we still see a fluctuating price and our service is in and out. Oh and customer service? Don't waste your time. They are no help and you will spend hours on the phone.
Nicole S.
Astoria, NY
After moving into a new apartment, I was forced to switch to Time Warner Cable because it was written into my lease. The service so far is fine, I just feel like I was given better customer service, more channels and faster internet for a CHEAPER price elsewhere. I was given a faulty box for cable on the day that I opened my account, and had to return to the store (good thing it was in walking distance) to receive a working cable box. Unfortunately, I a not happy with my cable channel options for the price that I pay.
Karlie C.
I really hate TWC. They signed us up and charged us for DVR for months without us knowing and without us ever receiving a DVR modem. They won't allow us to discontinue a landline even though we do not have one, and they are overall very unhelpful and rude when we call. Our internet is often VERY bad and they tell us there is nothing they can do and no discounts they can offer us. They have a monopoly where I live and it's outrageous that we cannot get away from them and they will not offer better service.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?