BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Ashley B.
Techie Expert Level 3
I use their cable and internet services are for the most part they are okay. They are a little bit expensive and they have outages often causing you to lose service. When you call the support line to get help, the representative tends to be either rude, tries to get you to buy something that you didn't call for, or tell you to reset something because they think you did it wrong. The customer service is horrible and sometimes a hassle when you have a problem and need to get it fixed. I highly recommend going somewhere else especially for internet services
Corinne D.
Glen Head, NY
I use time Warner cable for my TV and Internet as well. My internet goes out ever so often. Last week it went out and it took them 3 days to get to my apartment to fix it. It was an easy fix, but I went over on my data plan bc it took too long for them to come. Time Warner isn't too bad with cost and it's actually cheaper to get a bundle than to get just Internet alone. My cousin says it's good if you like to watch football on cable. I would like to see if I can get a better deal with fios because I like the channels more, but if not, then time Warner is fine.
Holli O.
Louisville, KY
TWC was basically the only company available to me when I moved to my new apartment so I was pretty much stuck with them. They're pretty expensive and to get the channels I would watch, I would have to purchase a 300 channel family package which is crazy. Instead, I just got really fast internet and watch shows on netflix and hulu which isn't too bad, but I wish they were cheaper or had create your own cable plans so I could pick the channels I would watch and not have to buy a whole family package where I wouldn't even watch the majority of the channels.
Kaci H.
New Lexington, OH
I, over the years have had nothing but problems out of Time Warner. Since they are the only provider where I live I am forced to use them. If I had another option I would take it in a heartbeat! My phone service shuts off many times a day. My internet was losing connection at least 30 times a day and after over a year of beggingg them to take back the ancient modem I had to give me a new one I finally yanked the thing out from under my TV and took it into the closest store and demanded a newer modem which they gave me and then my internet never shut off again since. If your bill is late they call relentlessly. When you call in for questions or problems they usually have no clue how to help you so you have to tell them you want to talk to a top level tech. It's nothing but problems, hassles, run arounds.
Jessica M.
We used to have cable and Internet from Time Warner, but they slowly but surely Jack the prices up until it is not reasonably affordable. We cancelled our cable and now only purchase Internet from them. Even that is highly overpriced but there are just not a lot of options in my area. Our signal is terrible and they tell me "That's just how it is when you have too many neighbors who also have wifi." The equipment is outdated but it's a lot of trouble and time wasted to try to get through the red tape in their customer service to do anything about that.
Melissa D.
Highland, CA
We signed up with Time Warner Cable because it was the only internet provider that was available in our area for a reasonable price. However, the internet connection is never consistent. Throughout the day, the internet will run fine. But some nights, we won't have any connection and even after resetting modems and routers, we have no luck. And it doesn't help that it only happens at night when there's no one to call or come out to our house to check it out. If you have the option, I'd avoid this internet provider and go with a different company.
Kimberly T.
Techie Expert Level 1
Time warner is comparable on price but it's packages are not customizable. They have tiers of channels to choose from. Their on demand services are great. They always upload the newest movies and they do great at suggestions of movies based on what you usually like to watch. The down side however is the customerservice department. As a consumer I do not wish to spend d countless minutes dealing with endless option of automated options to then be placed on hold for 25 minutes. Overall it's just simply a cheaper option and you get what you pay for.
Courtney E.
Torrance, CA
Ooooooh, Time Warner.
For some reason, the TWC internet service isn't that great around here. And unfortunately, Verizon FiOS hasn't made it to our block yet. It seems that towards the end of the year, our TWC Internet Service starts experiencing downtime or intermittent connections, or it gets really slow.

We've tried 2 different wireless routers, and even the router that TWC provides to solve the problems we experience. But nothing ever seems to work.

The minute another internet provider makes it to our block, we'll be looking to jump ship post haste.
Lauren A.
Charlotte, NC
I truly dislike Time Warner Cable. I cannot begin to tally up the ways they have let me down. Customer service is non-existent. They do not communicate well with customers or with their own employees, resulting in techs not showing up for scheduled appointments, sending the wrong techs out, not having the right equipment if/when they do show up, etc. I could go on and on. It takes them weeks, sometimes months, to correct their own mistakes. They only reason they deserve any stars is the programming selection. I have never had an issue with them discontinuing a favorite channel like the satellite networks have done. I wish I had better options for cable and internet (hurry up, google fiber!) but I do not at this time.
Megan T.
Ventura, CA
I wish I could find a company that's smaller but I'm stuck with Time warner or Fios which I deem too expensive for now. I used to be able to use a cheaper and faster service provider. I will say that sometimes it's better customer service than comcast dreaded calls but still a C- at best. Frequently slows up besides having the upgraded speed. They also didn't credit by account back despite returning equipment after 6 months and put it on my credit report before resolving it though the whole time they claimed they could see I returned it in time.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?