BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Jen T.
Pflugerville, TX
Time Warner offers a decent product for the cost. We have often relied on them when Internet service has been crucial, and 75% of the time, the service has been there when we needed it. At other times, though, the service has been impeded, or worse, not there at all.

Customer service is iffy, too, at Time Warner. At times they do a great job getting you connected to the people you need. At other times, customer service seems to know exactly where they have you (by the short ones!), and they treat you as such! For example, we live in an area where we are sort of shoehorned into who we're allowed for Internet/cable providers. Our city sort of divies us up, giving one part to one company, another part to another company, and so on and so forth. So, even if we _wanted_ to change, we couldn't. Why this is good for consumerism is beyond us, but it's not like we were ever consulted on it. =P

Like I said, though, Time Warner Customer Service knows all about this. So even threatening to take our business elsewhere is met with, "Mmm, I don't think that's an option, Mrs. Todd. I believe your area has a contact with..." and it's then that you know you're dead in the water.

Now, I can say that even if that's not a successful ploy, even if they take the wind out of your sails, they'll always come back with a way to help you. Whether that's in a form of a rebate, or saving you (a bundle) on a bundle, or new service, etc., whatever, they're usually pretty willing. It's usually just a matter of telling them what it'll take to make you happy. They don't seem to want to go out of their way to end a relationship badly, if you know what I mean.

Ultimately, I'd give Time Warner 3 of 5 stars. I liked Comcast better, but I'm not wholly chuffed that we have to work with TM. They're usually reliable, and where there's a beef, there's usually a solution.
Katie O.
Cary, Nc
Love the channels..hate customer service . Ever since their customer service went to India, it has been horrible. Last time I called in I was told I was making up the product I was requesting and that I was wrong and they couldn't help me. I asked what other packages were available and they told me I didn't need to change my package and there were none. I wanted to asked a reasonable logical question about a product and the customer service agent pretended he couldn't hear me and hung up...then when I tried to call back they had turned my account off without my permission. I had to wait in line at time warner cable for 2 hours to return equipment after being lied to about what I was getting in my package and then told my bill would then increase and they couldn't give me any deals because I was no longer a "new customer" even though it is only be 15 hours...I've been with TWC since I was little and my parents have used them for god knows how long. Needless to say they are LUCKY I am still with them..but I hope they fix their customer service section because if I have to deal with another person from India talking over me, calling me a liar and then pretending they can't hear me so they can hang up? They will be losing a long time customer.
Christine H.
Tujunga, CA
OK, this isn't directed towards a specific location, this is directed at the people on the phone when you call the 800-number about issues with your cable box or getting credited when your cable doesn't work or asking them why they turned off the service of your phone and TV ,Internet and cable randomly when your payments are always in on time.........THOSE people are absolutely appalling. I have been told two completely different company policies by two different customer service reps regarding the same problem that has plagued my cable box for two or more months. When a third customer service guy told me a THIRD completely DIFFERENT company policy about the same problem, I finally snapped and asked him to please tell his supervisor that the customer service reps need to be trained to understand the same uniform company policies and they need to make sure everyone at the company knows what they're talking about and knows how their company handles each possible scenarios that comes into the call center phone lines. I just can't believe I've gotten the run-around from them and I'm getting totally inconsistent information about what I should or should not be doing in order for my problem to be fixed.
Alyssa Q.
Ughhh. This is the only cable place in my town and I hate it! I hate that I am forced to use this company if I want internet and cable service. The customer service is terrible and THEY LIE TO YOU ALL THE TIME!! They sent me a letter "As a Valued Customer" and offered me a free box. When I called to claim, they said they had no idea what I was taking about. When I mentioned what the letter said, the told me I should have never gotten that letter :/ After explaining how disappointing that is, they told me they would send the box because of their mistake and I also made other changes to my plan. It has been three weeks (going on four) and NOTHING HAS CHANGED. NO BOX AND MY NEW PLAN WAS NEVER UPDATED. When I called to see what the hold up was, no one had any idea what I was talking about and said there was nothing in their records that showed the changes the previous customer representative promised me. He basically just agreed with me to get me off the phone. He lied to me. I wait/wish for the day another cable (and better) company comes to my town so I will never have to deal with TIME WARNER CABLE EVER AGAIN.
Shannon S.
Shepherdsvlle, KY
Oh goodness. Not sure where to start with this one. I will try and write something positive. I understand that first time customers will get a lower rate, but now five years later I pay about $150 more a month now than in the beginning. For the past 6 months it's went up $20 each month. I called every month, I was told a "promotion had ended". Mind you, I have had the same bundle/package since day one, no changes. Customer service through TWC, horrible. They act like they don't care. All the while, nothing against anyone, I have yet to talk to someone that speaks English. After six weeks of my cable not working properly (frozen and pixilated screen) and several service calls over four months time, I was finally told I had faulty equipment (they never turned down a monthly payment, believe that). Phone service--calls drop frequently. Internet supposed to be the fastest speed they offer, yet I lose internet connection on a daily basis. Believe me, my options in my area are very limited. I would have already switched if that wasn't the case.
Janira H.
Brooklyn, NY
Before I write anything else, I just want anyone reading my review to know that this review is solely based on my experience with TWC in regard to the internet provider service. I really don't have many positive things to say about my service with them, I have had them for many years and just figured that no company in my past or present has ever actually given me the speeds that they advertise. This company offers many bundle services but I only need Internet as I am an online college student and require a reliable connection. The speeds advertised are false and I pay for one of the fastest residential speeds, when I do speed tests I get half or less than what they charge me for but when I call customer service they always reset it and it temporarily works well, temporary as in a few hours. I am also certain that they throttle service even though they claim my service is unlimited.
Otherwise I guess it's fine but I'm still in search of a company that delivers what is advertised.
Paige T.
Macedon, NY
If I could switch without having any issues I would. I hate time warner cable. Every now and then it's good. And there's no issues. But majority of the time it's sh*t. Sorry being honest here. I can't tell you how many times i'll try to watch a movie with on demand or even just a show and it will go black and say that it's unavailable and to try again later, or it will skip so many times you miss half the show/movie, or the cable box will randomly just shut off and have to reboot. All of these things happen for NO REASON AT ALL. It's so frustrating!!!!!! And our remote doesn't work half the time either (fresh battery's, nothing blocking the signal and all that) you can press a button hundreds of times and it does nothing we've had people come to fix it, got a new box, guess what? STILL DOES IT. And to make things even better??? We've had twc for a while now and we pay SO SO SO much, and there's a deal that's 10x less and we can't get it. Get it together or I'm switching
Jennifer D.
Spring Hill, TN
We have had Time Warner Cable Service for the past four years. We have their mid size plan which is supposed to allow us to have three to four devises running on it at roadrunner speed all at the same time. Although it works most of the time, it doesn't work great and has issues. At least twice weekly it will just go
offline and we have to reboot everything. If it rains, we start getting signal interruption like there is water in the line and so our signal gets patchy. This leads to frustration when you are watching a video that is stopping and starting or trying to download/upload files for work. Time Warner has been ok, but I can't give a glowing review because they have never once done anything more than what is absolutely required or necessary. We are moving soon and will be changing providers, hopefully this next one will understand the benefit of going a little bit above and beyond because this is something TWC has yet to learn!
Sierra M.
Bridgeport, WV
I can't sassy I'm truly happy with Time Warner Cable. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that my husband and son want to be able to watch football, the "cable" would have been shutoff long ago. I don't really know about the other internet companies available in my arts but supposedly TWC is the best available. Unfortunately, the equipment they provide is outdated and you still pay a monthly fee for it. Needless to say I went and bought my own. Oh, here's the kicker! When I asked if I needed to return their modem, I was told I could hold on to it as a backup. Seriously!!! As long as I'm not using that piece of junk, they'll let me keep it for no charge! Wtf!? I have to still "re-set" my modem often due to problems with the Internet. The one plus I can mention is the service people I've talked to on multiple occasions. They're always friendly and try to be as helpful as possible.
Kristina R.
Colorado Springs, CO
I love the new service they have I have Xfinity box that also includes Xfinity cable with the highest Wi-Fi speed available and the package also included security system with two cameras and three sensors so I can watch TV or check my cameras in my house on the mobile app wherever I'm at. And with all that's tied in it's actually a reasonable price I would say as I did my shopping I had Dish before and it was really expensive wasn't too bad at first but with the weather it really affects it, with Time Warner Xfinity the weather doesn't affect it at all and it doesn't have a dish or nothing big that you have to at all. So that's one thing that I really like about it, especially living in an apartment for you can have any attachments of course to the apartment. So I recommend using Time Warner Xfinity as I say it is a good company and they do good bundles for great rates.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?