BY TIME WARNER CABLE #3 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs <-- to l...1 Answers
Cindy D.
Overland Park, KS
We have had Time Warner Cable for several years. Overall, I am happy with them. They answer the support line 24/7 and the people there are always very helpful. I have very few outages, but I do notice that sometimes my cable stops broadcasting certain channels for brief periods of time, or the feed comes to a halt and then starts up again. One thing I don't like about this company (but I;m not sure it's any differnt with any other company) is that every few months I see my bill go up because some promotional offer I had expires - then I have to call them and figure out what other offer I can get on to get my bill back to about what it was before. They don't tell you up front, but you can always call and find out what the current offers are and if something is better than the deal you have now, you can switch.
Lindsey L.
Techie Expert
Horrible service. My parent's live in an area that unfortunately has only 1 option for cable providers and internet which is TWC. Whenever I'm at their home, I'm miserable trying to use the service from it's constant outages to how its far from user friendly at every level from their channel guide, on demand, dvr use, set up and in general just really counterintuitive and difficult. My parents who use it daily complain about the same things if not worse than me. I hate to say this... but you truly should choose any other provider than TWC if possible because you're in for a life of frustration and annoyance if you end up with them...
Sharon T.
Expensive with poor customer service. They raise their prices every year. I talked to a customer service technical representative who told me my equipment was very outdated to take it back into their local office and exchange it. When I took it back I overheard another one of their customer representatives talking to a customer at their counter. This representative was very angry and actually used the "F" work towards this customer. I have never heard this with any other company, certainly didn't leave a good impression. My advice...run away, nothing good here. Only good thing, they have been bought out and it can only go up!
Nikki R.
Eminence, KY
We have been using Time Warner for our internet service for almost 8 years. It is fast, gives a variety of speeds, and they have great customer service. I have had several occasions that the internet will go down or will start to become slow, as soon as I call they fix my problems, no delay after running a system check on the spot. I think it is priced decently and they don't jump up their prices quickly like most companies do after you have been with them for an extended amount of time. They also have been great with working with me on late payments when I am in a pinch. Most companies would have cut my service right off
Stephanie H.
Mint Hill, NC
When we moved into the current apartment, Time Warner offered us a great deal on upgrading our current Internet package. We only keep TV service because Internet is cheaper with it than without (because TWC is insane like that)--we pretty much only watch Netflix or stream from online. What they actually did was upgrade our channels and leave our Internet the same, and charge us more. It took months to get it straightened out. And the service is incredibly spotty, with citywide outages a couple of times a month for hours at a time. Google Fiber is coming to our city soon, and we are SO ready for a viable alternative to TWC.
Beverly S.
Winston Salem, NC
My experience with Time Warner has been both good and bad. I have had some on line customer reps that have been outstanding. They were polite and attentive and I felt they listened and did the best to resolve any problems. Other times I have had to make many calls to finally get to the person I needed to speak to. I do think Time Warner is getting better with customer service and making attempts. The most difficult thing is when you want to change or downgrade, when you speak to a representative you have start from scratch explaining what needs to be done before it is finally implemented. Most of the representatives do try to listen and accommodate, I think sometimes things are not upgraded in their computer system as well as they could be. I will say that my internet is rarely down and I can appreciate that.
Dianne M.
Millport, NY
Well, what can I say anyone in this area has to use Tim Warner Cable, if they want cable, phone and internet. I have a problem with a company that does not offer any incentives to loyal customers. My parents have had the same address and cable since I was 20, I am 46 now. They still pay way too much for the service and cable as far as I am concerned. They have no willingness to help any of their loyal customers with making sure their equipment is updated and they have at least the opportunity to get a free weekend of HBO or any other their other cable shows. And their prices are outrageous, and their customer service sucks.
Anthony V.
Los Angeles, CA
We purchased a TV/Internet package for $120 or there about per month and set up payment via debit card to automatically go out each month. All good so far. 1 month in a second payment went out of our bank account in addition to the contracted payment for $89 - nowhere did this show on our TWC account, customer service were useless and after this happened three times in consecutive months - in addition to our regular contracted payment - I contacted the bank and they advised to cancel the card (at great inconvenience as we had to revise all payments to a new card). We DID NOT set the new debit card up with TWC but instead logged in every month and paid the contracted amount. Still no customer service solution but at least by cancelling the card the theft from our bank account stopped. For a few months anyway as several months later and having only used the card manually online each month to pay, the payments (now $95) started to appear again. Once again customer service useless and the rep that sold me the package hasn't solved it either in 6 weeks and so we are left to visit their office with a year of bank statement to claim back the $800 or so that they owe us. USELESS USELESS USELESS.
Brianne C.
Durham, NC
Seriously, the worst cable company I have ever had the misfortune of working with. We ditched them as a cable provider the second we moved out of our apartment and got satellite TV at the new house. Unfortunately they are the only internet provider in my area (aren't monopolies illegal?) , so we have to use them for that. They are ridiculously pushy about up-selling services. I got into a screaming match with their "customer retention" representative about cancelling the cable service, which was twice the price of satellite TV. They only have one solution to connection issues, which is to restart the modem. I call because I tried that and it didn't work. I have had to argue ridiculous service charges with them multiple times. I can't stand them and the second Google Fiber is available in my area, we are dropping TWC like a hot potato! Good riddance!
Jackie Z.
Astoria, NY
Oh Time Warner... its a love/hate relationship. I love it because it is my only option- I hate it because they are not great. Overpriced, you always end up with more than what you need and or want. For three years I paid for a telephone line that I never hooked a phone up too, because somehow that was saving me $100? A single person paying almost $150 for internet and basic cable is absurd. The internet was so spotty. I had to reset the modem all the time just to get service. I have time warner again now in a new location and I have no internet issues... but it is still overpriced. I wish there were other options.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?