BY TIME WARNER CABLE #4 in Cable Providers

• Earn $343/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs &lt...1 Answers
  • Earn $224/day Online! --> Visit bit(dot)ly/2f0AnQs &lt...1 Answers
Kirsten A.
Lake Geneva
Time Warner Cable is now Spectrum, spectrum raised the rates for subpar services and does not have a friendly customer service on the phone. Being that they are the only provider in my area I am stuck with them.
Marissa S.
Windham, ME
Due to where we live, Time Warner is the only internet provider that is available to us, which is a shame, because we have had nothing but problems with them from the start. I need high-speed internet in order to work from home, and the equipment they provided was garbage. Their technical support has been minimally helpful, and sometimes terrible. We have had someone out to our house about 6 times in the past year, each one telling us different information about why our internet wasn't working. All agreed that TWC equipment was no good and that we were better off purchasing our own equipment. I never recommend TWC when other options are available. Unfortunately, that is all that is available to us right now.
Shelby R.
As a former Direct TV user I am not the biggest fan of Time Warner.. It may be the package we have at my house but I am not allowed to record from all TVs I have to go to a designated television to record my shows. It also doesn't allow me to pause a live TV show the way I could with Direct TV. I also am not able to record a show that hasn't started yet (for example if I want to record Jane the Virgin which should be out in October I'd need to wait for the month of October, whereas with Direct TV I could do it during any month) From my understanding there is a huge cost difference of about $100 switching from Direct TV to Time Warner and in the end I guess paying less takes away from the luxury of being able to do more. ☹️
nicole.lobascio.7
New York
Barely works without broadcasting issues and the company is constantly adding new charges and increasing monthly rates for services and equipment that used to be included in the monthly packages for cable and Internet. This company treats new customers better than its loyal long-time customers. I had to fight tooth & nail for TWC to rectify a billing issue because I was not charged the price promised to me by the sales associate when I moved and signed up for a new packaged. The hold times and runaround was so outrageously long, I probably spent a good 16-24 hours trying to resolve an error made on their end. Thankfully I reached a helpful manager after 6 months of collection calls. My credit report was also affected when TWC continued to bill me
for services after I told them I was moving and to cut my service off at my old address. They insisted that I had to show them a copy of my new lease, which seams ridiculous because I notified them before I moved. They should be investigated by the Better Business Bureau for questionable business practices. I'm giving them one star because I like the new DVR equipment (which allows me to record up to 6 shows at once).
Amber M.
De Pere, WI
I legitimately hate time Warner cable. They treat their new customers better than the old ones. My bill jumped from 90 to 135 after the first year and every time I call to downgrade or check on different rates the representatives are rude and argue that there is nothing they can do. Its not as if I'm rude when I call in, I work for a call center so I'm nice but by the end of the call I literally tell them that they're the worst customer service. You would think since they have a customer satisfaction survey they would train the reps to HELP THE CUSTOMER. It's hard to believe that they don't have some sort of retention department set up. If I honestly had other options for cable I'd drop TWC so fast.
Shannon S.
If you have a store location near you, ALWAYS go there first before even trying to call their customer service line. They never know what they are doing, and they don't listen to you completely when you call for an issue. My reps always talk over me and get an attitude when I try to explain something. Once, while trying to move my service to my new apartment, the lady lied to me and told me I had to cancel my account and open a whole new one, pay an outrageous equipment fee (which would be refunded when I turned in my modem), and then tried transferring me to set up a new account and pay even more money. I told them no and just went to my nearest store. The rep I talked to there told me that my customer service rep lied to me, that she could have just transferred my service, and that there was no reason for the returned equipment fee. I never call them now except to check on outages or to pay a bill.
Meghan G.
WATERVLIET, NY
My family has had time warner for years and their service isn't that great, but from researching other companies, seems everyone has similar problems. We have the fastest Internet they offer, yet it seems no different from before with the standard. We have 2 dvr's and most of the time if you go to watch a show that was recorded, it messes up and you end up not being able to watch. Or if you try and fast forward a show, it jumps right back to the befinning. Also the WiFi range is terrible. I loose my wifi in the back of my house all the time
They really need to get better equipment, especially when your paying so much to rent the stuff. It should be top of the line!
I wouldn't recommend.
Courtney Y.
Middletown, OH
I don't even know where to start. We can never just sit and watch TV without it going in and out, the Internet is so bad when we do use it, it takes forever to load anything. When the cable isn't working I normally just turn on Netflix and that can't even run because the Internet is so poor! When I call and try to get someone out to fix all this, they tell me all they can do is boost the signal, they refuse to send someone to put new boxes in, and to give us a new router, ( ours is old) but they won't give us a new one to possibly fix the problem. If I'm paying them as much money as I do I feel like they could at least try to figure out what the problem is! Time warner is awful!
Sara F.
Racine, WI
I've had a pretty rough time working with Time Warner Cable from the beginning. I moved out on my own over a year ago. It took them two hours to set up my internet. Then they messed up my billing. When I moved a year later, they made a typo on my account which in turn, shut off my neighbors internet. To fix the solution, I had to be on the phone for about a half hour while they fixed the typo, I was in the middle of dinner with the family while I waited for them to enter the correct unit number for my apartment. I hate their service, but it's inexpensive and relatively reliable. If a better opportunity came around, I would switch, but I would rather deal with the devil I know.
Nicole A.
Canyon Country , CA
They are absolutely terrible! Our internet is always going out. I mean line 10-12 times a year. That is ridiculous. The phone line will cut out and just hang up on people. The cable always cuts out or is fuzzy. We always get the message "an error with your cable has occurred. Please try again later. If the issue persists please contact customer service." It got so bad that we just have basic cable now because I never got to watch any of my shows. The kids' recordings would be messed up. We go days without Internet and they always have a different excuse as to why it doesn't work. Seriously go with someone else. Unfortunately because of where I live they are all I can choose.
Elizabeth C.
Wilmington, CA
Araceli R.
New Windsor, NY
Are there any special promotions to help you save money or any discounts?
Joshua D.
Fayetteville, NC
What are some good competitors to Time Warner?