Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment

The cassia oil (cinnamon) in Tiger Balm Extra provides a soothing aroma, as well as this ointment's familiar reddish-brown color.

More importantly, the herbal blend helps to relieve joint and muscle pain and soothe tired muscles.  It can be used during warm up before exercise or to ease soreness after working out. It's also a favorite of arthritis sufferers.

For temporary relief of minor aches and pains associated with:

• Joint and muscle pain
  • Arthritis

DRUG FACTS:

Ingredients: Camphor (11%) and Menthol (10%)

Inactive Ingredients: Cajuput Oil, Cassia Oil, Clove Oil, Dementholized Mint Oil and Paraffin Petrolatum

Warnings: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. When using this product:

• Use only as directed
  • Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
  • Do not apply to wounds, damaged or irritated skin
  • Do not bandage or cover with wrap or use heating pad
  • Do not use 1 hour prior to bathing or 30 minutes after bathing

Stop use and ask a doctor if:
   - Condition worsens
   - Severe skin irritation occurs
   - Pain persists for more than 7 days
   - Pain clears up and then recurs a few days later

If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.

Other Information: This product may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Test on a small area before use. Tiger Balm® Red Extra Strength may stain cloth items. To avoid the possibility of stains, use Tiger Balm Ultra Strength Ointment.

Directions:

• For adults and children over 12, rub well on the affected area. Repeat 3 to 4 times daily.

• For children 12 years of age or younger, consult a healthcare professional before use.

Is it better than the regular ultra tiger balm? Is it more stronger?
Is Ultra Strength or Extra Strength Tiger Balm better?
Will it make my skin breakout ?
Start your review of Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment!
Johnston, IA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment uploaded by Melissa A.
Purchased at: Target
Too strong for my sensitive skin! It burned the skin right off my forehead. No, really - check out the photo. Guess it’s not meant for a headache?!
Port Angeles, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 6
Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment uploaded by Mariah B.
I truly swear by this stuff.. My local natural foods store carries it and I’m so glad they do because it’s the only place I’ve been able to find it and it is a miracle worker. I was stuck in bed for weeks with extreme morning sickness and it was really taking a toll on my back. I would put on a plastic glove and apply this product on my back before bed on nights where I was hurting. You could use your bare hands but you’d definitely want to wash them afterwards. The menthol smell is strong but I really don’t mind it. It goes back and forth between a cooling and heating sensation, which really helps me relax. I will never use icy hot again.
Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment uploaded by Ally H.
Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment uploaded by Ally H.
It's an acquired taste but I love the smell of tiger balm. I also love how cute the jar is, the tiger, and the color. It's easy to find in stores, and it works well for knots and pains, especially from working from home and sitting in one position. I've used the crap out of this one, as you can see.
Tiger Balm is intense to begin with, and the traditional formula (red) is like a bunch of very friendly suns warming and soothing your aching joints. It might dye your skin red, though! I'd say it's in the middle of affordable and pricey, but it's well worth it. Also, it'll pretty much last forever.
FPO, AP
I love the tingling feel Tiger Balm gives you. I normally put a little around my neck and the top of my shoulders. I have different pain relievers for the rest of my body. I believe that Tiger Balm, works best for everything close to your head because it doesn’t have a strong scent to where it could make you dizzy and what not. I definitely recommend this product to relieve neck pain!
Philadelphia, PA
This stuff was my saving grace while living in Thailand! My go to for everything - ranging from bug bites to headaches.
North Augusta, SC
Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment uploaded by Kylandra K.
Purchased at: Walmart
So growing up in a oriental family this was are goto for everything. If we had a stuffy nose we would rub it under are nose just to help us breath at night. Chest hurt? Guess what rub it on your chest. It work great for pains to if you have a sore muscle. My father would use this for everything. A little go a long way, this jar last me about 2 unless it been a bad winter season. This was gold in my parents house just like it is gold in my own house. I would recommend this to anyone.
most effective thing i ever used especially after cheer leading practice. soothes the pains and works quickly
chula vista
I used to use this everyday for my body it helps my body relax and its sold at a very good price
Des Moines, WA
I love this with all of my heart! This always makes me feel so much better when I am having pain somewhere. I adored this when I played basketball & Softball. It helped alot to relieve my pain of my tendinitis and just pain from playing back to back! 10/10 product!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a 2 ans
Tiger Balm Extra Strength Ointment How does this product compare to other topical pain relief ointments or lotions?
kristin F. il y a un an
I have used so many products to manage my back pain for years, my husband told me that this stuff was amazing while I was pregnant and I should have listened then because I tried it for the first time the other day and it instantly released the pain. It works better than any patch, gel, or rub on Earth.