BY TIGER BALM #18 in Pain Relief

The cassia oil (cinnamon) in Tiger Balm Extra provides a soothing aroma, as well as this ointment's familiar reddish-brown color.

More importantly, the herbal blend helps to relieve joint and muscle pain and soothe tired muscles.  It can be used during warm up before exercise or to ease soreness after working out. It's also a favorite of arthritis sufferers.

For temporary relief of minor aches and pains associated with:

• Joint and muscle pain
  • Arthritis

DRUG FACTS:

Ingredients: Camphor (11%) and Menthol (10%)

Inactive Ingredients: Cajuput Oil, Cassia Oil, Clove Oil, Dementholized Mint Oil and Paraffin Petrolatum

Warnings: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. When using this product:

• Use only as directed
  • Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
  • Do not apply to wounds, damaged or irritated skin
  • Do not bandage or cover with wrap or use heating pad
  • Do not use 1 hour prior to bathing or 30 minutes after bathing

Stop use and ask a doctor if:
   - Condition worsens
   - Severe skin irritation occurs
   - Pain persists for more than 7 days
   - Pain clears up and then recurs a few days later

If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.

Other Information: This product may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Test on a small area before use. Tiger Balm® Red Extra Strength may stain cloth items. To avoid the possibility of stains, use Tiger Balm Ultra Strength Ointment.

Directions:

• For adults and children over 12, rub well on the affected area. Repeat 3 to 4 times daily.

• For children 12 years of age or younger, consult a healthcare professional before use.

• Is this suitable for children who play sports and get a l...2 Answers
  • Is the ointment better than the patch? 8 Answers
  • Has anyone else tried the Monkey Holding Peach brand?6 Answers
Buy on walgree...
Kimberly R.
Wilmington, NC
This is seriously a miracle worker! My first time using this ointment was after a horrendous hamstring strain. I did not have time to take off due to a completion I had coming up. My coach rubbed the ointment into my hamstring in a trigger massage style. What would have taken a solid week to recover from took just a few days.

I forgot about this product until I had a bad back strain. Immediately I was reminded of this “magical” solution.

ONLY thing I can say is that it transfers bad to clothes. If my memory serves me right it can even stain clothes. This may have since changed with newer formulas but I have yet to try that kind, of there is one.
Kristen L.
Fort Lauderdale
This is my go-to product for joint pain. I live with a chronic illness and I experience arthritis/joint pain quite frequently.  Tiger Balm is amazing for helping relieve some of the pain from flare ups.  The smell is a bit overwhelming, which is why I only rated this product 4 stars -- however, with smell does make this product great for rubbing on your temples as a stress reliever or using when congested.

I cannot say enough good things about Tiger Balm.  Their other products are equally great, including the pain relieving patches for back pain.
Sherry Ann S.
Scranton, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have been using this product for years! It's amazing how many people don't know about this product. I never go without this product in my home. I usually have a fleet 2 containers of it at a time. I have told so many people about this product. It is rather hard to find on the shelf but you can find it at mass merchandisers and pharmacies. There is usually only one slot for it on the shelf and it's usually out of site. I'm not sure why they do that? It's like a best kept secret, probably because of how well it works.

The smell for some can be a little bit overwhelming, however I really love the smell of it!
Shawen I.
Weehawken, NJ
If you are reading this you are Chinese or second-generation Chinese or you have a Chinese friend and you saw this at their house. Rub this product on to sore or itchy areas, or on your temples if you have a headache. Does this product somehow smell equally minty and warm and spicy? Yes. Does it do anything? Debatable. Does it make you feel as if your mother is taking care of you? Yes of course and that’s all that matters.
Teresita G.
San Jose
This product is so magical ! I have a bad back that is constantly sore and hurting ! It’s annoying for me to go on with my day with a extremely sore back ! This product with so legit and will literally ease up your back pain ! It’s minty and you can feel it going deep into your muscles and back ! It will help ! It penetrates feels giving you a longer soothing effect !
Christy T.
Rose Hill, VA
I have a misaligned pelvis from a n old injury that flares up every now and again. I usually take some over the counter pain tablets, but I use this as well just for a little extra oomph. It seems to work a bit, but nothing crazy. Though my dad swears up and down that this stuff works better then a any other topical pain medicine he's used.
bianca l.
New Orleans, LA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This works fast. It also spreads so don’t touch your mucus membranes until hands washed well (eyes, mouth etc). This is red and will stain sheets and clothing if light colored. I’m always unclear why the pharmacy aisles always puts back medicine at the bottom shelf so look down when seeking this it’s probably not at chest level
Kathy W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I began my love affair with Tiger Balm more than 20 years ago. This stuff is good, smells great and lasts a long time. Provides a nice comforting sensation of warmth. I always have some in my medicine cabinet for those sore muscles that pop up from time to time. It can be hard to find, so stock up when you see it.
Thea G.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
When I was a senior in college, I enrolled in a summer course that consisted of tons of group projects (I was in a group with a gorgeous guy I got along great with so I didn't mind). One morning I woke up in a panic because I was running late for our library date so I threw on my clothes and ran down there in the 90 degree heat. Once I sat down, I realized that because I didn't have time to shower the tiger balm I put on my sore shoulder was emanating through my shirt, clearing the sinuses of every time who dare sat within a mile of my sweaty self. But hey! At least my shoulder didn't hurt anymore!
Leonora A.
Seattle
I love using this product after a long run or doing extensive weight lifting. It helps ease a lot of the soreness from the work out! I got this at Bartells and it was pretty cheap. With it being so small I am able to keep it in my gym bag and can take it anywhere with me. Will purchase this again.
Sharnise J.
Willowick, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Is the ointment better than the patch?
Christina L.
Garland, TX
Has anyone else tried the Monkey Holding Peach brand?
Jayne B.
Is this suitable for children who play sports and get a lot of growing pains?
Luz R.
New Braunfels, TX
Where can i buy this...
Puja K.
Can u use this product on the forehead as a headache balm??