BY TIGER BALM

The cassia oil (cinnamon) in Tiger Balm Extra provides a soothing aroma, as well as this ointment's familiar reddish-brown color.

More importantly, the herbal blend helps to relieve joint and muscle pain and soothe tired muscles.  It can be used during warm up before exercise or to ease soreness after working out. It's also a favorite of arthritis sufferers.

For temporary relief of minor aches and pains associated with:

• Joint and muscle pain
  • Arthritis

DRUG FACTS:

Ingredients: Camphor (11%) and Menthol (10%)

Inactive Ingredients: Cajuput Oil, Cassia Oil, Clove Oil, Dementholized Mint Oil and Paraffin Petrolatum

Warnings: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. When using this product:

• Use only as directed
  • Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
  • Do not apply to wounds, damaged or irritated skin
  • Do not bandage or cover with wrap or use heating pad
  • Do not use 1 hour prior to bathing or 30 minutes after bathing

Stop use and ask a doctor if:
   - Condition worsens
   - Severe skin irritation occurs
   - Pain persists for more than 7 days
   - Pain clears up and then recurs a few days later

If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.

Other Information: This product may cause allergic reaction in some individuals. Test on a small area before use. Tiger Balm® Red Extra Strength may stain cloth items. To avoid the possibility of stains, use Tiger Balm Ultra Strength Ointment.

Directions:

• For adults and children over 12, rub well on the affected area. Repeat 3 to 4 times daily.

• For children 12 years of age or younger, consult a healthcare professional before use.

• Is this suitable for children who play sports and get a l...2 Answers
  • Is the ointment better than the patch? 8 Answers
  • Has anyone else tried the Monkey Holding Peach brand?6 Answers
Catherine J.
Purchased at: Walgreens
My boyfriend introduced me to Tiger Balm ointment a few years back. I tend to suffer from a lot of back pain and neck pain. Some mornings I wake up and I can't even move my neck. This definitely seems to work a lot faster and better than the other products I've tried in the past. I massage it on wherever I may have any knots or pain and it penetrates the skin pretty fast within a few hours I'm normally good to go. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars was because I'm not a big fan of the smell... It has a very strong order so I normally to put on it at night.
Alicia M.
Murfreesboro
Purchased at: Walgreens
Review for: red more...
I live this stuff. I have Endometriosis, so I get severe cramps and this stuff is one of the only things that provides deep muscle pain relief. It has a menthol smell so if you’re sensitive, I suggest trying a different formula. Also, the box warns the balm can stain clothes because it’s a red/orange color. I have only worn black to prevent the possibility of this happening. I highly recommend it to anyone with any type of muscle pain. You can find it right next to the IcyHot.
Kimberly R.
Wilmington, NC
This is seriously a miracle worker! My first time using this ointment was after a horrendous hamstring strain. I did not have time to take off due to a completion I had coming up. My coach rubbed the ointment into my hamstring in a trigger massage style. What would have taken a solid week to recover from took just a few days.

I forgot about this product until I had a bad back strain. Immediately I was reminded of this “magical” solution.

ONLY thing I can say is that it transfers bad to clothes. If my memory serves me right it can even stain clothes. This may have since changed with newer formulas but I have yet to try that kind, of there is one.
Kristen L.
Leicester, MA
This is my go-to product for joint pain. I live with a chronic illness and I experience arthritis/joint pain quite frequently.  Tiger Balm is amazing for helping relieve some of the pain from flare ups.  The smell is a bit overwhelming, which is why I only rated this product 4 stars -- however, with smell does make this product great for rubbing on your temples as a stress reliever or using when congested.

I cannot say enough good things about Tiger Balm.  Their other products are equally great, including the pain relieving patches for back pain.
Alesha V.
Federal Way
Review for: 10g more...
Another great investment. The only downside is that the jars are kinda small for the price. The price of the product depending on where you go to get it is a little under or sometimes over $6. I tend to get at Walmart just because it’s a little cheaper than most other retailers.

I use this in combo with the tiger balm pain relieving hydrogel patch. I’ll cut up one of the large patches and apply it to the areas with the most pain and then apply the ointment to the others parts that ache just as much. Right now I have a patch on the upper part of my left arm. Below my elbow I applied the ointment. I don’t have a patch on my right arm, I just applied ointment from the shoulder down to my fingers.
Teresita G.
San Jose
This product is so magical ! I have a bad back that is constantly sore and hurting ! It’s annoying for me to go on with my day with a extremely sore back ! This product with so legit and will literally ease up your back pain ! It’s minty and you can feel it going deep into your muscles and back ! It will help ! It penetrates feels giving you a longer soothing effect !
bianca l.
New Orleans, LA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This works fast. It also spreads so don’t touch your mucus membranes until hands washed well (eyes, mouth etc). This is red and will stain sheets and clothing if light colored. I’m always unclear why the pharmacy aisles always puts back medicine at the bottom shelf so look down when seeking this it’s probably not at chest level
Kathy W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I began my love affair with Tiger Balm more than 20 years ago. This stuff is good, smells great and lasts a long time. Provides a nice comforting sensation of warmth. I always have some in my medicine cabinet for those sore muscles that pop up from time to time. It can be hard to find, so stock up when you see it.
Abby S.
Lexington, KY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
This stuff is so wonderful and helps so, so much with aching, tired muscles. I don't mind the smell, but it is strong. The tiny pot it comes in lasts for a long time since a little goes a long way. It is a go to of mine and I highly recommend for anyone to try it out if they're interested!
Jennifer N.
Dundalk
This stuff is a miracle in a small bottle!  For years I used only Ben-gay and it was effective but smelled horrid!  I don't even know how I got the little packet I started with but figured I would give it a try.  I loved the smell!  And the even better part?  It worked wonderfully for my achy back!  I have since used it for other areas that were feeling sore and it worked like magic.  The price is a bit more than your average muscle rub BUT it's worth every single penny.
Sharnise J.
Willowick, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Is the ointment better than the patch?
Christina L.
Garland, TX
Has anyone else tried the Monkey Holding Peach brand?
Jayne B.
Is this suitable for children who play sports and get a lot of growing pains?
Cheryl M.
Lloydminster
Do you think this is the best product for rubs for back pain?
Carey B.
Alvin, TX
How long does this relieve your pain?