BY THUNDERSHIRT #26 in Dog Grooming Supplies

Thundershirt is a terrific solution for fear of thunder, fireworks, separation anxiety, travel, jumping, barking and more. Thundershirt s gentle, constant pressure has a dramatic calming effect for most dogs when anxious, fearful or over-excited. Recommended by thousands of vets and trainers around the world. Thundershirt is a positive-training device that is drug-free, completely safe, comfortable, effective and offers a money-back guarantee. see more...

• Will this work for tiny chihuahuas? Will it stop these behaviors ...1 Answers
  • How is this? I have a 85 pound pit who has major separation anxie...2 Answers
  • I have a rescue dog that barks a lot at outside noises and when g...1 Answers
Thundershirt
  • "My girl (lab/border collie mix) gets VERY nervous during thunderstorms and has a very bad case of separation anxiety (she has destroyed more than one crate)." in 66 reviews
  • "My dog was still afraid of loud noises and thunderstorms while wearing it and I felt bad leaving her wrapped up so tightly in this thing - it can't be comfortable." in 27 reviews
  • "I thought maybe this thunder shirt would help her in the car, but unfortunately after a few weeks of no improvement I ended up just returning it." in 23 reviews
  • "I rescued my dog from the street and he was very anxious and would just start shivering uncontrollably for no apparent reason." in 18 reviews
  • "We were so HAPPY when the first time i put it on her, she was very calm and was just soundly sleeping but that did not last long." in 16 reviews
Haley B.
Salem, OR
My dog has anxiety about everything. He's afraid of the usual but he also is scared of mundane things like birds chirping outside, our microwave beeping, etc. When he gets anxious he does self harming behavior. He'll lick and chew at his skin until it's raw, he'll climb on things that are too high for him and hurt himself, and he will literally making himself sick with vomiting and diarrhea. We have tried everything including medication and nothing worked. I bought this as a last ditch effort and couldn't be more amazed. He has actually slept through some of the even worst thunderstorms and fireworks! I don't know how it does it but it's amazing.

I know it doesn't work at all dogs and I believe I was told that it was successful for around 80% of dogs. I was also told from Petco that I could return it if it didn't fit or didn't work.

Couldn't recommend this product more! I love it!
Jamie G.
Las Vegas, NV
Pet Lover Expert
The first few times that I tried to use the Thundershirt on one of my dogs it was iffy at best, but then he slowly seemed to come around to it, to finally today he was more relaxed after a storm than he has been since he was a puppy. He is a pretty high energy and equally high anxiety (during a storm) boy so getting him to settle down and go to sleep without having to wear him out is a miracle. He is a somewhat large dog at 65 pounds, give or take, and the shirt is either an XL or XXL (can't remember) and it is a little bit loose on him. Even with him now accepting the shirt it is a little difficult to get on him so that is why I didn't give it a higher score. I suggest that even if your dog doesn't take to it at first, or that it doesn't seem to work that you keep trying. I really thought it wasn't going to work or work minimally, but we were so desperate that we just kept trying and finally it worked. It is so much better than having a 65-pound dog sitting and trembling in my lap.
Katherine B.
Philadelphia, PA
Pet Lover Expert
My dog is absolutely terrified of rain and thunder storms. We bought this thundershirt as an attempt to reduce that fear. I like that the thundershirt is a thin, stretchy material. This is great for warmer months to prevent overheating of your pup. It fastens in 3 locations, which helps keep it snug. I love the idea of making him feel more comfortable. However, does it actually work? I'm not sure. I have only had a chance to try it a few times, and my dog doesnt love wearing clothes. So I will need to give it a go a few more times to see if it actually reduces his shaking.
Bilyana R.
Santa Barbara, CA
While it does not completely eliminate dog behavior issues it helps with keeping the dog calmer. I put the thundershirt on when leaving for work - and the usual barking is gone! My yorkie lies in bed with the chews and treats and waits for us. Without the shirt she cries and barks until she falls asleep in front of the door. It also helps with calming her in the evenings and preventing "random" barking. She is more obedient and willing to learn. The shirts are also comfy and stylish - I like them instead of regular clothes too.
It is very important to buy the right size as bigger one will not work and the smaller one might irritate the dog.
Laura W.
Spring Hill, FL
Pet Lover Expert
When Ariel spent the first night with us, she was a very scared and shaking little girl, She probably was not sure what was going on, Here I had this 6-month Pomeranian/ Pekingese puppy that did not know love or kindness, A Friend of mine had a thunder shirt and thought it may calm her down, and it did so I had to buy one for her and it also comes in handy when we have thunder which we get often in Florida and helps during the 4th of July . I highly recommend this .
Alexa C.
Louisville, KY
We purchased a thunder shirt this weekend for our dog (35 pounds) at Feeders Supply in Louisville, KY. We bought her a medium and it fits perfectly. Our use is a little different than most, our poor pup had a feeding tube inserted this weekend and we needed the shirt to cover the tube and incision. This works perfectly for that purpose. There was only one color choice but the dark grey looks nice. The material seems sturdy and easily washed. The only downside is it's a little complicated to figure out how to put it on at first but not too bad after a few tries.
Kaylie S.
Sanford, FL
My dog is not a fan of loud noises (thunder, fireworks, etc.).This definitely seems to help a little bit with his anxiety in these situations. He still likes to hide but doesn't pant/hyperventilate like he normally would. I have a 25Ib Corgi and so believe I bought a Large and it fits perfect. I also use it as a little vest sometimes to keep him warm when it is a little chilly outside.
Ana M.
My dog is very scared of the fireworks so I waited for 4th of July to pass to give this a review (as we don't get many thunderstorms or other loud things). Although she still shakes whenever their are very very loud fireworks, she calms down almost as soon as they pass. As for the other not as loud fireworks, she seems not to be that scared nor does she shake. When she didn't have her Thundershirt at the beginning of the fireworks, she was nonstop shaking as she had on the previous years.
Liana L.
Daly City, CA
Pet Lover Expert
My dog had severe separation anxiety when I first got him and tried using this but found nothing really worked but time and patience for crate Training him. I bought a licensed SF giants one so it made him look cute but nothing else.
Kelli K.
Marble, NC
Pet Lover Expert
I was skeptical about the thundershirt. I wanted to buy one but I didn't want to spend money and have the thundershirt not work for my dog. Thankfully a family member bought my dog a shirt. The thundershirt works great. My dog loves it. During thunderstorms, rain, fireworks, etc he would freak out. The thundershirt doesn't completely take away the anxiety but it does reduce it.
Ieesha H.
Is this only for small dogs?
Lily W.
Tulsa, OK
Does the thunder shirt actually work?
Rebecca F.
Mustang, OK
Does this work?
Liliana M.
What exactly does this do? And does it work?
Ashley M.