BY THUNDERSHIRT #33 in Dog Grooming Supplies

Thundershirt is a terrific solution for fear of thunder, fireworks, separation anxiety, travel, jumping, barking and more. Thundershirt s gentle, constant pressure has a dramatic calming effect for most dogs when anxious, fearful or over-excited. Recommended by thousands of vets and trainers around the world. Thundershirt is a positive-training device that is drug-free, completely safe, comfortable, effective and offers a money-back guarantee. see more...

• Will this work for tiny chihuahuas? Will it stop these behaviors ...1 Answers
  • How is this? I have a 85 pound pit who has major separation anxie...2 Answers
  • I have a rescue dog that barks a lot at outside noises and when g...1 Answers
Thundershirt
  • "My girl (lab/border collie mix) gets VERY nervous during thunderstorms and has a very bad case of separation anxiety (she has destroyed more than one crate)." in 66 reviews
  • "My dog was still afraid of loud noises and thunderstorms while wearing it and I felt bad leaving her wrapped up so tightly in this thing - it can't be comfortable." in 27 reviews
  • "I thought maybe this thunder shirt would help her in the car, but unfortunately after a few weeks of no improvement I ended up just returning it." in 23 reviews
  • "I rescued my dog from the street and he was very anxious and would just start shivering uncontrollably for no apparent reason." in 18 reviews
  • "We were so HAPPY when the first time i put it on her, she was very calm and was just soundly sleeping but that did not last long." in 16 reviews
Natasha B.
Natasha B.
Coeburn , VA
My baby boy who is a 55 pound German Shephard Chow mix was terrified of storms. He would jump in your lap, in the bathtub, the stand alone shower. You name it and he tried it. He was really pitiful. My husband and I were very skeptical of the thunder shirt and especially with the price, but it was pretty much our last option. The first time we put it in it even scared him. After time, though, he began to calm down. Now when he hears thunder before we do, he gets it out of his basket and brings it to us. I give it 5 stars because it did really work. The problem lies in that after awhile it stopped. I don't know what happened. He still gets it to be put on but shivers the entire time it storms. Maybe he needs a smaller size, I'm not sure.
Bilyana R.
Bilyana R.
Santa Barbara, CA
While it does not completely eliminate dog behavior issues it helps with keeping the dog calmer. I put the thundershirt on when leaving for work - and the usual barking is gone! My yorkie lies in bed with the chews and treats and waits for us. Without the shirt she cries and barks until she falls asleep in front of the door. It also helps with calming her in the evenings and preventing "random" barking. She is more obedient and willing to learn. The shirts are also comfy and stylish - I like them instead of regular clothes too.
It is very important to buy the right size as bigger one will not work and the smaller one might irritate the dog.
Alyssa S.
Alyssa S.
I love this little gem! While they are a bit pricey, this has helped by dog tremendously! My 96 pound Black Lab/Beagle mix is terrified of thunder and fireworks. At first he was very hesitant to wear the shirt but once we used enough treats and he got used to it he doesn't mind wearing it now. When he starts to act afraid during a thunderstorm (pacing, panting, sitting on top of you, generally panicking) we just put the shirt on and give him a treat for positive reinforcement and just like that he lays down and can relax. Best $40 we've spent. Helped us to get a good night's sleep during Iowa thunderstorms.
Alexa C.
Alexa C.
Louisville, KY
We purchased a thunder shirt this weekend for our dog (35 pounds) at Feeders Supply in Louisville, KY. We bought her a medium and it fits perfectly. Our use is a little different than most, our poor pup had a feeding tube inserted this weekend and we needed the shirt to cover the tube and incision. This works perfectly for that purpose. There was only one color choice but the dark grey looks nice. The material seems sturdy and easily washed. The only downside is it's a little complicated to figure out how to put it on at first but not too bad after a few tries.
Mary K.
Mary K.
Tallahassee, FL
This is supposed to calm a dog's anxiety. Similar to swaddling a baby, I suppose. Definitely not for my dog! My yorkie has bad car anxiety and I decided to buy this when facing three days in the car with him. Getting it on him wasn't really an issue. But keeping it on him was. He hated it so much and it made his anxiety even worse - which I didn't even think was possible. After an hour of him wearing it in the car, I finally took it off and he immediately calmed down. Definitely a waste of money for me.
Laura W.
Laura W.
Spring Hill, FL
Pet Lover Expert
When Ariel spent the first night with us, she was a very scared and shaking little girl, She probably was not sure what was going on, Here I had this 6-month Pomeranian/ Pekingese puppy that did not know love or kindness, A Friend of mine had a thunder shirt and thought it may calm her down, and it did so I had to buy one for her and it also comes in handy when we have thunder which we get often in Florida and helps during the 4th of July . I highly recommend this .
Abigail B.
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
Pet Lover Expert
I have 2 small dogs in my home. One gets very nervous when we have any thunderstorms roll through. The other gets nervous whenever I turn on the stove/oven and she smells the propane (we have propane fired gas appliances). God forbid something burns on the bottom of oven and the smoke alarm goes off. We have been using thundershirts for both dogs for the last 2 years and it has been great. It helps calm them down and keeps them from running away and hiding.
Addie R.
Addie R.
My dog gets pretty bad anxiety when going for car rides. Overall, I find it doesn't work as well as I would've liked because I think she finds more comfort when something is also supporting her at her chest as well as her under belly. This isn't to say it won't work for others! She finds more comfort if I just put her bed in the car with us. The fabric and ease of use is great for this those. Love how it feels and how light weight it is for her
China W.
China W.
I can't really review how well the Thundershirt works since the one we originally purchased was too big. If your dog has shorter hair and is on the lower weight end of one size, then definitely size down! Chewy.com was kind enough to refund the full price of the Thundershirt without us having to return it, so we donated it to a local shelter. I don't think our dog really needed it to begin with so we didn't end up repurchasing.
Bekah C.
Bekah C.
Kokomo, IN
My husky has SEVERE separation anxiety from bouncing from home to home before coming to us. We would crate him when we left and come home to a bloody dog and covered in feces from him trying to escape but if we kept him out he would destroy the home. We thought this would work but after months of use and no improvement (he actually just learned how to take it off) we stopped it and just got another dog.
Ieesha H.
Ieesha H.
Is this only for small dogs?
Lily W.
Lily W.
Tulsa, OK
Does the thunder shirt actually work?
Rebecca F.