BY RODALE PRESS INC.

Thug Kitchen started their wildly popular web site to inspire people to eat some Goddamn vegetables and adopt a healthier lifestyle. Beloved by Gwyneth Paltrow ("This might be my favorite thing ever") and named Saveur's Best New Food blog of 2013-with half a million Facebook fans and counting-Thug Kitchen wants to show everyone how to take charge of their plates and cook up some real f*cking food. Yeah, plenty of blogs and cookbooks preach about how to eat more kale, why ginger fights inflammation, and how to cook with microgreens and nettles. But they are dull or pretentious as hell-and most people can't afford the hype. Thug Kitchen lives in the real world. In their first cookbook, they're throwing down more than 100 recipes for their best-loved meals, snacks, and sides for beginning cooks to home chefs. (Roasted Beer and Lime Cauliflower Tacos? Pumpkin Chili? Grilled Peach Salsa? Believe that sh*t.) Plus they're going to arm you with all the info and techniques you need to shop on a budget and go and kick a bunch of ass on your own. This book is an invitation to everyone who wants to do better to elevate their kitchen game. No more ketchup and pizza counting as vegetables. No more drive-thru lines. No more avoiding the produce corner of the supermarket. Sh*t is about to get real. see more...

Megan M.
Not only does this cookbook have awesome recipes, it’s incredibly entertaining to read. It’s so fun and sassy. It has recipes for each meal that range from super easy to a little more involved, but nothing is ever complicated. It also gives great tips for and facts about plant-based diets and they’re super helpful. Buy it now!!
Molly T.
W Lafayette, IN
This cook book is the most amazing thing ever! It’s entertaining, has a variety of awesome healthy recipes and they ALL taste delicious! They are easy to make and I would tell everyone to buy this coookbook
Sarah S.
Silver Lake, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I am a huge fan of this cookbook. If you're a fan of the Thug Kitchen blog, you will really enjoy the book. The recipes are tasty, easy to understand, and absolutely entertaining. So far my favorite recipe is the lemony lentil soup. The party recipes book is great too.
Allie H.
St Louis, MO
Bookworm Expert Level 2
This book is the most hilarious cook book I’ve ever owned. It’s beautifully illustrated and has delicious recipes in it! I received this as a gift and have it on my coffee table as a conversation starter, definitely does the job!
Rebekah W.
Kissimmee, FL
This was the first plant based cooking cookbook i purchased. The recipes are creative but some are better than others. Altogether a great book but some recipes aren’t up my alley.
Kathy C.
Toms River, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
One of favorite cookbooks! I love to cook and I collect all kinds of cookbooks, but this by far is one of the best. This book is all veggy recipes but I guarantee you they taste great. Easy, delicious, healthy and a funny read.
Karsen L.
Rochester, NY
Not only is the end result (your new talent for making deliciously real healthy food) incredible but the writing in this text will keep the task at hand funny and real. Who wouldn't like cooking from a book filled with real life thoughts and curse words regarding the ridiculousness of some cookbook recipes?
Anya T.
Brooklyn, NY
I requested this cook book from my secret Santa but I haven't used it yet. It has very simple recipes and instructions. It have recipes from summer soups, cocktails, pickling, breakfast items to inventive salads and sauces. I keep it around for when I have meatless cravings but want satisfaction.
Stephanie G.
Gambrills, MD
I really enjoy this cook book. There are a lot of great recipes that make it easy to eat vegan meals. I will say that some of the recipes require interesting ingredients, so sometimes they aren't super easy to get ahold of. But, other than that I have no complaints about this book!
Jewels G.
I had been dying to purchase these books! Then a few weeks ago, amazon had them on sale so I purchased them. So happy I did! They are making my transition back to veganism much more easier to manage. I cook enough so there's leftovers and my family enjoys every bite.
Antonella G.
What's your favorite recipe from here?