THRIVE Desert Starter Kit

by Thrive by Petsmart

Create the perfect habitat for your reptile with the help of this Thrive Desert Essentials Kit. This kit contains everything you'll need to provide bearded dragons or other desert reptiles with a habitat they will feel perfectly at home in. Only at PetSmart.
Features:

Built-in screen locks help prevent escaping
Slots for cord management
Feeding door on terrarium lid
Includes:

40-gallon glass terrarium
Screen lid with lock and feeding door
100-Watt essential basking soft bulb
Tortoises
Uromastyx
Sand Boas
Rosy Boas

Omg! I bought this three 40 Gal tanks and I’m in love .. not the problem is I have no were to put it .. I would like to try the Thrive tank stacker. Any one can give me some input on that? And how can I get my hands on one or two?
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit How is the quality of the top screen and doors?
Start your review of THRIVE Desert Starter Kit!
Leslie C.
Circleville
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Leslie C.
I started out getting the small version of this kit when I got my first bearded dragon, within a month I bought the 40 gallon kit, today I purchased 2 yes 2 more 40 gallon kits to upgrade my other bearded dragons because I absolutely love this brand and kit its perfect, I even got the stacker, I'm a thrive house for sure
Avery B.
Alamo, TX
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Avery B.
Purchased at: PetSmart
You guys if you ever get a dragon get this starter kit even if you need to change some stuff out the tank itself is amazing especially the front doors easy access and dont have to worry about moving the lights !! The exoterra alone is almost $200 and this kit is $200 and comes with goodies! The hide/basking rock is so large and heavy! And the dish are great for salads! Would definitely buy this tank again! THRIVE Desert Starter Kit
Jake A.
schenectady
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Jake A.
Purchased at: PetSmart
When getting my new pet I decided to get the 40 gallon so the tank would last his whole life. I love how with the new Thrive collection, they added front open doors that latch into place. They can only be opened if you push the button and pull which keeps him safe from escaping or my cats getting to him. The terrarium can also be opened from the top if desired but has a well locked system as well. It came with 2 dome lamps with a UVB bulb and daylight bulb, reversible carpet, corner hide, and 2 dishes for food/water. I added another hideaway and reptile hammock. He loves his new home! I reccomend this to anyone looking for a new dessert pet. In fact, my 2 friends have the same tank for their beardys and adore it as well. #beardeddragon #pet #thrive #petsmart #petlover #reptile
Lisa B.
Central, SC
Purchased at: PetSmart
I have this Tank for my Bearded dragon 🐉. The main reason I got was because the doors in front. I don't like the idea removing lights then lid that seems so much trouble. It's a overall good cage.
Amber  C.
N Attleboro, MA
After owning a beardie for about 5 years, I was set in which products I did like and trust, and which ones I did not. I usually buy from exotic pet stores rather than Petsmart, but these products seem to be trustworthy and safe/useable for reptiles!
Jamie R.
Paris, TN
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Jamie R.
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Jamie R.
I was shocked and so pleased to receive the Thrive Desert Essentials Kit-40 gallon tank complimentary to test and review. The tank is very nice and well made. It’s perfect for my bearded dragon and comes with everything needed to create a wonderful habitat. I have 2 similar tanks already for other reptiles I own. I have an exoterra and a National Geographic tank with the front opening like this thrive one. In my opinion the Thrive tank is better quality. If I’m in need in the future I would for sure purchase more from this brand.
Linda G.
Globe, AZ
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Linda G.
I was so excited to be able to receive this but after seeing it in person, I was floored! We were looking for a new home for our Ball Python, Loki! Perfect timing is an understatement! This has it all! Lamps, bulbs, flooring, housing, water bowls, thermometers, all included in the HUGE 40 gallon tank! As soon as we got it set up, we put Loki inside and he is LOVING it! He is moving all around, exploring. There’s so much room for him. A total upgrade from his current tank! Probably the best thing I’ve received to be honest! So worth it just seeing him be able to move around much more freely! I highly, highly recommend this set up! The front doors with the option for a lock! The little window to drop in food at the top! It’s all perfect and I’m so glad our Loki gets to reap the benefits of this! If you’re looking for a tank for any of your reptiles I suggest taking a look at this first! You won’t regret it!
Lindsey  R.
Jacksonville, FL
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Lindsey  R.
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Lindsey  R.
I am SO excited to start using this set up! It comes with everything you need from the lights, decoration, feeding dishes, and a flooring. The size is perfect and has two front doors. We plan on taking our son to pick out a lizard or some type of small reptile. 10/10 recommend if you’re looking for a big starter kit tank!
Mellisa N.
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Mellisa N.
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit #complimentary #Thrive I recieved this item complimentary. The tank looks amazing, and very well made. The hide is awesome great for small to medium size lizards/tortoise. Food and water dish are a really good size and quality. The 2 dome lights are HUGE and work perfectly. The carpet is nice. It has a neat pattern on one side. The door handles are attached to the bottom of the glass which makes it very easy to open. The only thing I'd say was missing from this starter kit would be a picture backing for it. I'd recommend this product! It's a wonderful starter kit.
Brooke P.
Warrensburg, MO
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Brooke P.
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit uploaded by Brooke P.
Purchased at: PetSmart
We were able to get this 40gallon tank on a black friday sale, and it's definitely worth it. As far as these glass front opening kits go, Thrive is new compared to Zoomed, Zilla, and Exo Terra, and more affordable. I think it is also much higher quality than the other three big brands. The anodized aluminum screen is much more resistant to bowing and I think it looks nicer (even though I foil tape it up to keep humidity). I also LOVE the fact that I was able to purchase a hood for the top of it (sold as a tank stacker), in order to disguise the lighting. We also added one of the foam 3D backgrounds made by Thrive to fit in it. I will note that the analog gauges and the "uvb" light are ineffective and inaccurate. This isn't Thrive's fault, these types of products are simply not as accurate as a digital gauge or T5 light bulb for uvb, but they are still widely sold. Also, we purchased this kit with the intent on using it for a ball python. The desert accessories and lighting are not fitting for this temperate species, but the whole kit is worth making a few adjustments. I do wish they would make a temperate version of this tank! (Please excuse the weird setting of this photo, we have it sitting in a tool room while we build a custom stand.)
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Damian B.
Fort Worth, TX
il y a 2 ans
THRIVE Desert Starter Kit How is the quality of the top screen and doors?
Jessica J. il y a un an
The top is easily impacted... my smaller cat laid up on top for a moment and bent the top. This made the doors kind of difficult to open but they still open just fine. I have never had issues with the top burning or having other damage from lamps. As long as you don't place anything with weight on top you should be fine.