Thred Up

by Thred Up

Thoughts on this site and quality of clothes?
Thred Up ? what is the difference between poshmark and thred up?
I’ve heard of this before but the process is a bit confusing. Can anyone explain it better?
Start your review of Thred Up!
How would you rate this product?
Molly  A.
Fashionista Expert Level 9
Thred Up uploaded by Molly  A.
It seems thred up gets a lot of negative comments but I have only had good experiences with them. It seems most of the negative reviews come from selling items. I only shop there, not sell. I have gotten a lot of new name brand items for great prices. Alot of really great pieces with the tags still on them. You sometimes have to really hunt to find what you want. However, you can search brands you like to narrow down your search. I usually only shop when I have a coupon code. Some items can be overpriced without. Each item has a description of the condition, I buy new or excellent condition. The items are what they describe them as. Thrifting is a great thing for the environment. Plus their polkadot packaging is cute!
Kayla M.
Durham
I never do this, but feel like I need to warn my fellow thrifters/clothes sellers.I was an avid buyer from Thredup but I will never, ever sell to them again. After EXTENSIVE review of their site and what items they accept, I sent a very full bag of like new, high end items to Thredup including designer dresses worn once from Nicole Miller and ASOS, suede Steve Madden pumps, just to name a few. They accepted a handful of mediocre items -- my payout equaling less than $13 -- and apparently THREW OUT/DONATED the rest of the high end items in perfect condition. When I asked about SPECIFIC items within hours of them posting what they accepted, they cited reasons for not keeping that were absolutely 100% not accurate. From my perspective, this company is a scam and this was a complete rip off. I have lots of experience selling clothes (Plato's, Clothes Mentor, Poshmark, Ebay, etc.) -- and I DO NOT recommend ever selling to Thredup.

EDIT: After seeing another review of Thredup SELLING items from a Clean Up bag that the y deemed unacceptable, I did a quick search and found 2 of my "unaccepted" items for sale so far. How do I know they're mine? They are both items from 10+ years (one my Nicole Miller cocktail dress, worn once to my prom) -- and both my correct size. How likely is it that someone else is selling those EXACT same items at the same time? SO FREAKIN MAD. HOW MANY OF MY OTHER ITEMS WERE SOLD THIS WAY?

Jennifer  H.
Nixa, MO
Fashionista Expert Level 7
2,425 reviews
Thred Up uploaded by Jennifer  H.
I got this in incredible J Crew wool/Ragland scarf with the tags still on it for 10.00 last year! I love it, it is so warm and toasty with the merino fingers. I love Thred Up. You can get so many cute things at such a great deal.
Nina W.

I have been a ThredUp customer for a few years, and I recently sent in a bag of items for resale. I am appalled
by the payment I received for my items. On a large bag of quality items, many of which have already been sold, I received $4. Whatever way payout prices are determined, they are not fair or respectful to customers. I will no longer be doing business with ThredUp.

member-fe772
THIS COMPANY IS CROOKED! LIARS, DECEIVERS, CHEATERS! I HOPE THEY GET SUED FOR ALL THE THINGS THEY HAVE BEEN DOING TO CUSTOMERS. IF YOU HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF THREDUP WHETHER IT BE THEY CHEATED YOU ON YOUR "BAG," THEY SENT YOU DAMAGED CLOTHING OR ITEMS, THEY WILL NOT ISSUE YOU A REFUND OR LOST YOUR PACKAGE - PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT THE FTC - FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION! THE MORE COMPLAINTS THEY GET, THE BETTER! THE FTC CAN TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST THREDUP IF THEY GET ENOUGH COMPLAINTS!FTC 1.877.382.4357YOU CAN ALSO REPORT THEM TO THE BBB - BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (see website)THIS COMPANY IS INVOLVED IN FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY. THEY (OR THEIR EMPLOYEES) ARE STEALING FROM CONSUMERS... WHETHER IT BE BY SENDING DAMAGED ITEMS & CHARGING A RETURN SHIPPING, "STEALING" ITEMS FROM CUSTOMER "BAGS" & NOT POSTING THE ITEMS TO THE THREDUP WEBSITE FOR SALE (ALL ITEMS NOT USED BY THREDUP SHOULD BE AUTOMATICALLY RETURNED TO CUSTOMERS, THAT SHOULD BE THE *ONLY* OPTION TO AVOID THEFT!). THREDUP ALSO LOSES CUSTOMER RETURN PACKAGES/ITEMS & WILL NOT REFUND THE MONEY FOR THOSE ITEMS. IN ADDITION TO THIS, THEY PURPOSELY DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS WITH THESE TYPES OF ISSUES. THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO A CHAT INITIATED BY A CUSTOMER IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU, AND THEY WILL "END A CHAT" WHENEVER THEY FEEL LIKE IT - ESPECIALLY IF THEY DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH YOU! ABSOLUTELY NO ACCOUNTABILITY! I HAVE PROOF THAT THEY AVOID MY COMMUNICATION INTENTIONALLY AS I SENT THEM A CHAT ASKING FOR A SUPERVISOR & THEY IGNORED ME MEANWHILE AT THE SAME TIME A FRIEND OF MINE SENT A CHAT AND THEY RESPONDED TO THEM WITHIN 15MIN... STILL NOT RESPONDING TO ME! I HAVE PROOF, I TOOK SCREENSHOTS. THEY LOST MY RETURN PACKAGE & WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT! THIS COMPANY HAS SOME OF THE MOST SORRY, CROOKED, UNTRUSTWORTHY & INCOMPETENT EMPLOYEES OF ANY COMPANY I'VE DONE BUSINESS WITH! THEY GET AWAY WITH MISTREATING & STEALING FROM CONSUMERS AS THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY NOR MONITORING OF THEIR BEHAVIOR IN WAREHOUSE, VIA CHAT & EMAIL. I PRAY A LARGE LAWSUIT IS BROUGHT AGAINST THEM, IT SEEMS THIS WILL BE THE ONLY WAY THEY ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE & START TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT GOES ON WITHIN THE COMPANY.
Jenn H.
Fashionista Expert Level 4
Love thred up! Great way to second hand shop 💖 great treasures for everyone. Affordable, name brand items fir a fraction of the cost! Who doesn't love to save money. If you haven't checked out their website- I highly recommend hopping on and giving a look! You will love it.
Crystal L.
Tecumseh, KS
Have you tried this yet? I have spent a couple years on thredup and quite a bit of money. I’m just a KS girl so the stores are limited. This gives me a range of good quality clothes to shop for in my size. Downside is that I have only made about 30 bucks on the clothes I’ve tried to sell to them they don’t give you much in return but it’s whatever.
Jasmine  H.
Citrus Hts, CA
I would recommend selling your clothes to buffalo exchange or crossroads and on Poshmark rather than this. I sent in brand new items with tags worth over $60 and I got $0.95 for it. I wasn’t expecting a lot of money but I wasn’t expecting less than a dollar. Also, I don’t think that their selection of products are worth buying. Most stuff looks dated and out of style.
Sara S.
Brunswick, GA
Fashionista Expert Level 1
Ive had good experiences with thredup. Don’t use it very often but definitely a good app. Would recommend.
Kyla W.
Steubenville, OH
I really used to like thred up, as it was one of the nicer THRIFT shops but I seen they were starting to gradually raise their prices on clothing and now they have really raised the prices! Items that used to be $8-$10 are now $20 with them not even being new. Although some of the items are super cute it's not worth spending that on used clothing, especially seeing the people who are sending their items in are getting scammed on the payout. It's disappointing, I'll be using the last of my credit today and I'm going to uninstall the app and lay it to rest. Sorry thred up!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
madison S.
il y a 3 ans
Thred Up ? what is the difference between poshmark and thred up?
laura W. il y a un an
Thred up is much more reasonable in my opinion
Brook B.
Cumberland , MD
il y a 4 ans
Is this site worth it? I use poshmark, and alot of people have told be about this site but they also say they don't always expect the clothes you send in if they aren't in style or you may only get $2 for an item even if it's like brand new.
Lisa Z. il y a 9 mois
I would not recommend it. They have changed thing and from the sellers end it’s pretty bad. When it first started you could send your things in and they would pay you a flat rate within a month or so for whatever you sent and it was pretty decent. Now they are very picky about what they select and then they list it and you have 30 days for it to sell. You make very little on the sales and lately they have started to not take items like from old navy and such. If you want the things they don’t take returned you have to pay otherwise they donate it. In order to transfer to paypal they take a fee too. You make peanuts. Plus during COVID they are taking months to get through the bags. I sent one in October they did not get to it until late March. And that was only because I emailed and complained. If the things don’t sell then you can pay to reclaim them and have mailed back or they keep them and often you will find them being sold on ebay but thred up keeps the money you get nothing. The customer service is getting better but there is no phone number and up until recently you would wait weeks for an answer. $2.00 is a lot try .25 cents. They are pretty good to buy from minus that you have to pay for shipping.