BY THRED UP #73 in Clothing Stores & Brands

• For anyone who has used this site to sell clothing, has i...8 Answers
  • Does anyone have experience using this site? Particularly...5 Answers
Kyla W.
Wintersville, OH
I really used to like thred up, as it was one of the nicer THRIFT shops but I seen they were starting to gradually raise their prices on clothing and now they have really raised the prices! Items that used to be $8-$10 are now $20 with them not even being new. Although some of the items are super cute it's not worth spending that on used clothing, especially seeing the people who are sending their items in are getting scammed on the payout. It's disappointing, I'll be using the last of my credit today and I'm going to uninstall the app and lay it to rest. Sorry thred up!
member-e676e
STAY AWAY! DO NOT SELL to ThredUp! I sent in one of their huge clean out bag filled with kids like new clothing.   The payout for my bag was $6.95! These items were Polo, Tony Hawk, Levis jeans, etc.  I had one high-end item with tags retailing $65 and it is being cosigned with a payout of $5.   I emailed customer service to let them know how disappointed I was and how I felt scammed and they were no help whatsoever and was told that their process is so much easier to sell through as there's no haggling.  I'll stick to other re-selling sites thank you!  Oh and the whole process took longer than three weeks, I got the notification they received my bag on Jun 14th and it was processed today July 9th.
Nina W.

I have been a ThredUp customer for a few years, and I recently sent in a bag of items for resale. I am appalled
by the payment I received for my items. On a large bag of quality items, many of which have already been sold, I received $4. Whatever way payout prices are determined, they are not fair or respectful to customers. I will no longer be doing business with ThredUp.
Kristen F.
Narragansett
I’ve been using thredUP for a few years now and really enjoy it. Sometimes the deals aren’t as good as some you may find on other websites or apps, but I love how easy it is to shop there. I find that if you’re going to place an order it’s more worthwhile to buy more than one item in case you need to make a return, so that way you don’t waste money on shipping for one item. I’ve sent about 3-4 bags to thredUP in the past: sometimes I get a great payout and other times not so much, but overall I’m pleased with the website and will continue to use it.
Becky M.
GET YOUR SHOP ON!! YES!!  I LOVE Thred Up.com!!  Sensational clothing at amazing prices! Brand names too! Second hand? Who cares? Many pieces still have the tags on them and the ones that don't, have been barely used! I took a chance and bought $300 worth of product on my very first order. No, I was not upset or dissatisfied with the products at all. More like highly impressed!!  Michael Kors Little Black dress for $20! Oh yeah! So hot! And a matching pair of black pumps?!! You got it! JCrew, VeraWang, Hollister..the list goes on& on. I can just BROWSE on Thred Up.com for 5-6 hours without even knowing I had been on there that long! Truly! Quality clothes, great prices, continuous sales, healthy line of products...always a huge FAN!! #THREDUP
Mariel G.
San Antonio, TX
Maybe this would be good for you if you don't like stepping foot inside of a physical store. The truth is, this service is cool in theory and the prices can be reasonable. I like that you can search by style, condition, price... But while they make returning relatively easy, it's still not worth the hassle when you only get store credit in return. I'd rather actually go shopping.
Kimberly R.
Love this website and app for easy cash back and I get to clean out my closet. Any clothes not accepted goes to a good cause and is donated to women’s shelters. I haven’t personally shopped here but I order the clean out bags every few months and will get a lot more than other second hand shops will pay. It’s a lot easier than waiting in line. Love this website.
Kimberly d.
Hayward, CA
I have sold and bought many items on Thredup. I have great a lot of amazing designer clothes for super cheap on the site. I even bought a white lace dress for my church wedding ceremony that still had its Bloomingdales original price tags on it. I also got the fake fur jacket on my picture from Thredup. The downside to the low prices for buyers is you make small amounts on what you sell. But you can't beat the convenience of a closet clean out bag that appears in your mailbox and then you ship it out for free from your doorstep via USPS with a laundry load size haul to sell.
Liz M.
Madison, WI
My four stars are based on shopping on ThredUp, not the consignment feature.

I really, really like this site. I've been able to score major deals on brand new clothing! Plus, they offer some pretty sweet coupons that make your purchase even more affordable. I've found a variety of brands here, and not everything is outdated like I typically find on eBay. Plus, it's super convenient to shop a thrift store from the comfort of your home.

Shipping is..kind of slow, but I'll take it if it means that I can redo my wardrobe on a budget. I haven't tried the consignment part yet, but am planning on doing so soon.

Anna P.
Sorry, epic fail, I sent a huge bag of quality labelled clothes, and got $3.00 for them?!!? Are you kidding?!! Some trendy, most classic, cleaned, and in great shape.  Perhaps this is a great site to purchase clothes, but honestly, I do much better selling in lots on eBay.  Also, just as reviewers mentioned, they keep the clothes that don't sell, perhaps, I wouldn't mind so much, if I got at least $20.00, but $3.00 really?!
Marlynda M.
LAWRENCE, MA
For anyone who has used this site to sell clothing, has it been worth your while? Or is eBay a better route..
Autumn B.
Is this really a better alternative to shopping? Do you get good deals, or can you tell the clothing has been worn?
Kati F.
Does anyone have experience using this site? Particularly to sell? If so what were your experiences??
angela e.
Weatherford, TX
Who has actually tried this? I have read mixed reviews.
Autumn B.
Omaha, NE
What is everyone's experience using this site? Do the clothes ship pretty quickly or does it take a while?