BY THINX #4 in Alternative Feminine Hygiene

Twin sisters Miki and Radha and their best friend Antonia spent three years creating THINX when they realized that retailers weren't actively making underwear that thought about a woman's monthly needs. Following revolutionary technologies, these comfortable panties are stain and leak resistant, absorbent, moisture-wicking, anti-microbial, breathable and washable. Partnered with AFRIpads, every pair of THINX you buy funds the production of re-usable cloth pads for a woman or girl in Uganda. see more...

• Can you wear these all day without any leaking?2 Answers
  • Are these comfortable? And how does the lace underwear do...2 Answers
  • How do you wash these? 6 Answers
Kristin V.
Antioch
These are my favorite purchase of the last few years. I am not exaggerating.  THINX underwear changed the way my life works. I have a heavy, extremely unpleasant flow and can't wear tampons, so I basically waddled around in uncomfortable, gross pads that were as bulky as a diaper but less reliable. I leaked in places that defy physics. I dreaded being on my period and spent the entire weak anxious and upset. Now I don't even think about it. I have had my oldest pair about 3.5 years and they're still going strong. You do have to be aware when ordering that they don't stretch and forgive sizing issues quite like normal underwear, so be careful that you're getting the size you really need, but that is literally the only concern. They don't feel wet and gross, they don't stink, I throw them in the wash with anything else I want and there's never an issue or transference or staining, and I don't have to constantly get stains out of clothing, bedclothes, etc. I wish I'd had these when I was a kid. Especially young women in sports or traveling or just to keep in backpacks and purses as an emergency backup...these are fantastic. I can't recommend them enough.
Kyra L.
aurora, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Perfect alternative to modern day feminen hygiene products. I was tired of constantly buying tampons and liners each month and to keep staining my cute undies so I read a few reviews and found a link to get $10 of my 1st order. I wanted to give free bleeding a try but did not want to ruin my clothes and I was sick on sticking thungs in me every month and defiently not wearing a nasty pad. I've heard stories of diva cups and had no desire to try that either so this leaves me with period panties. Discreet, comfortable, none bulky, and I'm not sitting in my filth. I bought a sports pair and 2 briefs, one in black and another in a social earth day green **So cute**. So glad I found this product! I bundled up save even more! If your interested in trying them out for your self use my link to get $10 off your first order. http:// ref.thinxify.me/iBg6I
Julianne B.
Halethorpe, MD
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Amazing! One of the best purchases I’ve ever made! I have a medium to heavy flow and I can wear them for a full 12 hours without feeling wet. They aren’t uncomfortable and they don’t feel thick. It’s like you’re wearing normal panties! I’m so blown away by this product and I’m so sad that I only bought one pair during the sale!

I also love that the are such an inclusive company! I will definitely be buying more and recommend that anyone with a period purchases a pair!
Miranda L.
I am completely satisfied with my purchases from Thinx. It is pricy ranging from twenty to sixty dollars for underwear, but the protection and ease of use is worth the money. I bought four pairs two years ago. They are still wearable but washing and accidentally drying in the machine has worn them quite a bit. That was the first generation, and I can't wait to see the improvements they have made to their new products. Their availability of shorts, leotards, and cotton underwear shows they are dedicated to rising above the challenge of making a woman's natural experience feel less like an embarrassing chore.
tricia e.
Los Angeles
These are definitely strange in some ways, but I was so intrigued by them.  I was at a craft fair, and they happened to have a booth.  i took a chance and dished out $30 for a pair.

I'm surprised at how well they work and that they don't feel gross!  I'm a big fan, and I need to purchase a few more so I have more than 1 pair.

1 pair gets me through a whole day morning through evening.  I've never had a leak with these either.  They are comfortable, and I highly recommend them.
shera s.
I bought one pair of Thinx in the high waist style to try at a promotional price. I really like the style, they are actually very sexy, not bulky, and hold you in without being uncomfortable. Plus they are perfect for my heaviest day as backup for my menstrual cup. The only two small complaints I have is that I've had mine for a year and there is a small hole in the lace (they don't currently offer the lace high waist though, so maybe that's why) and they ride a little high in the back in a "cheeky" way. I don't mind it, but I would prefer them to be fuller coverage on the cheeks. I will likely order more of the high waist style regardless though.
Brittany A.
Avalon, PA
The greatest alternative to pads ever! If you are a heavy bleeder a tampon and this as back up is amazing!! When I go to bed I am confident I will not leak on my bed or my clothes! No stressing over checking to see if you leeked with these bad boys. Pricey but well worth the investment. Hand rinse and then after washing hang dry to keep them looking nice. The lacey mesh like top is awesome for when im bloated. Check it out http://fbuy.me/gb3aa
Kateryna T.
Brooklyn, NY
Amazing company for sustainable babes. Satisfied and amazed by technology of these undies. Really helps to live a more ethical and sustainable lifestyle. Also as a woman, I don’t have to worry about the amount of trash my feminine care would accumulate. Would totally recommend to those who wants a more environmentally safe options for that time of the month.
Amanda B.
Camas, WA
I was reluctant to use THINX underwear because the thought of not using a pad for my period is a little scary and the price is a little much (or at least I thought).  Turns out, I want to wear THINX even when I'm not on my period because these are seriously the comfiest underwear ever.  It feels great knowing that I'm saving money on period products in the long run and I don't have to worry about leakage!
Kristina M.
Brandon, FL
Super comfy underwear during your time of the month. Never need to wear or buy pads again.
Affordable when you think about the amount of pads you buy every month. I just recently bought another pair now.
Cherisse B.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Kind of graphic but do you feel like the panty feels wet or sticky in the areas with blood? Just wondering how comfortable it would be
Jessica H.
Sequim, WA
How do you wash these?
S B.
Can I use this product on its own or do I need to pair it with a pad or tampon?
Ruth G.
Los Angeles, CA
I own these and love them, but have a washing question for others that own them: If you rinse your used Thinx and then put them in your laundry bin for laundry day, how many days have you waited before doing a load of laundry? My issue is only wanting to do a load or 2 max during the week of my period and obviously the Thinx become used more frequently than that. Thanks!
Amy S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I don't understand how these work. How do they not leak? Do they absorb the fluid and it stays in the fabric?