BY THINKGEEK.COM #14 in Websites

ThinkGeek
  • "This website has so many things that actually relate to my interests, and the prices are decent and they have wonderful customer service." in 85 reviews
  • "They pretty much have everything ranging from Star Wars, Star Trek, Zombies, Dr Who...you name the pop culture icon and they have it! " in 66 reviews
  • "I can always find something for my husband and soon and can usually find unique, personal gifts for other friends and family too." in 52 reviews
  • "My husband and I are gamers - console, table top, live action - Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek and Firefly fans and we have two children who love the geekiverse as much as we do." in 33 reviews
  • "I always go here when I'm shopping for friends, and I can almost always find something that's perfect and reasonably priced." in 23 reviews
Liv C.
Statesboro, GA
If I had more money, it would be spent here. It has all of the nerdy geek things I *need* in my life, and I go here first whenever I have to get presents. Some of the things are expensive, but the quality is great.
If you go to a physical location, just know that there is soooo much more online to check out. Odds are you can find at least one thing that fits your interests. It's amazing.
Such a fun site for gifts!  My entire family has something from this site and I have so many favorites that I can cannot even list them all here.  The shipping is quick and the product quality is high.  For geeks and those who love them, this is a must!
Jillian M.
Are you a geek? A nerd? Do you like video games? Shows with space ships in them? Superheros? Nostalgic stuff from the 80’s and 90’s? I have purchased many an excellent gift from Think Geek and bought myself some one of a kind items as well. I am a huge Star Trek fan. Some stuff is a little expensive, but they have sales and that’s a great time to scoop stuff up.
Mary Ann B.
Middlesex, NC
Love ThinkGeek! They opened a store near me and I just love it! I love the selection of products and memorabilia including DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, video games and much more. I picked up an adorable backpack to use as a purse/diaper bag and it was only $25. They are not badly priced at all.
Amber N.
Erie, PA
Maybe this review is a bit clouded by nostalgia, but ThinkGeek is but once the former business it was. Sure, now it caters to more geek groups - which is fine - but it frequently comes off as a somewhat less crass Spencer's Gifts. On top of the obvious drop in quality of items, TG has been found on multiple occasions to resell low to mid-quality items from China at what one could call an exorbitant markup. For instance: they sell LED remote-controlled lightbulbs, which are available directly from China and Singapore for roughly 3.00-5.00USD with 3.00USD shipping, meaning that you're only out a maximum of eight dollars per lightbulb - and if you buy multiples, they'll even combine shipping. ThinkGeek, however, sells the same exact remote-controlled LED light bulbs (same brand, same model) for $39.99, plus an average of roughly $5.00 shipping until you order enough that you have to bump up to the next size, and then shipping increases exponentially. I understand that they're a business, but I think that as far as markup goes, that's a bit much.

Still, ThinkGeek offers an impressive amount of exclusive items for pretty much any fandom on the internet, allowing geeks to surround themselves with objects they love. The staff is funny, friendly, and very helpful. Any time I've had an issue with an item I've received, it was always resolved within 24 hours. I still cautiously recommend ThinkGeek to the aware buyer.
Jessica B.
Oakford, PA
I like ThinkGeek, a lot for all of their amazing pop cultural items.  They have so many items that are fun, unique and just great.  I didn't give ThinkGeek 5 stars because they are pretty pricey and I really don't like how much their shipping costs.  If you are looking for something fun and unique, ThinkGeek is the way to go.
Anna P.
ThinkGeek has so many awesome products on their site. I always go there to find present ideas for myself and others. If you're super into pop culture or just like cool games and knick Knacks in general, you should give ThinkGeek a try!
Rhett C.
Newberry, FL
Appeals to the geek in me. Every time I go I'm like I want this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this .
Katie M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
ThinkGeek is one of those websites you can sit on for hours, just looking at all the nerdy, geeky things you want. You look at a lot of this stuff and think, "How have I lived my life without all of this?!" They have a variety of items and products, ranging from Star Wars to Star Trek, chemistry inspired kitchenware, bacon related goods and just plain awesome, nerdy things.

They are VERY fairly priced, but if you know where to look you can find the same items in stores, sometimes for cheaper. BUT it is not always beneficial to buy from said store. ThinkGeek has a point system in place, much like the point system at your local grocery store. You buy your items and they have a point value assigned to them. Collect enough and you are able to get some awesome, free stuff! In the long run, you end up paying less for all of your items combined.

This is the best website to buy your favorite geek that present you know is just PERFECT for them. Or even yourself. No one will judge.
Ryan A.
Absecon, NJ
ThinkGeek.com has been a pioneer in the "Geek" apparel fashion industry since its start on Friday the 13th in 1999. With the evolution of shows like "The Big Bang Theory" and "The Community", the term "Geek" has changed in meaning. Being called a Geek or a Nerd used to be a bad thing, but now, shows like these have changed our opinion of the "geeks". Due to this rise in cultural acceptance, it is easy to understand how a site like ThinkGeek has rised in popularity as well.

I have personally shopped from ThinkGeek many of times, and I own many of their items and apparel (My favorite happens to be the SQL Query shirt http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/595d/) and my experience has always been a positive one. Their items are of a high quality, and their customer support is fast and efficient. One time I was sent the incorrect item, and they not only sent me the correct one but gave me a $10 credit towards a future purchase for inconvenience.

With great customer support, quality products, and an increase in social acceptance and popularity ThinkGeek won't be going anywhere any time soon, and I highly recommend everyone stop by their site and check them out. It'll be worth it.

Live Long and Prosper!

Michael A.
Renee W.
Papillion, NE
What is your absolute favorite think geek product?
Brittany H.
carrollton, TX
Whats your favorite item?
Brandi H.
Murfreesboro, TN
What kind of stuff do you like purchasing from thinkgeek most?
Crystal P.
Palmdale, CA
What do you have in your wish list? =]
kelsey c.
Hannibal, MO
How much have you spent buying gifts for the dork in your life?