Then I Met You Soothing Tea Cleansing Gel

by Then I Met You

Sulfate-free and at a pH of 6, we formulated this cleanser with a high content of natural brighteners such as rice ferment filtrate and licorice extract. Hydrators such as glycerin and sodium hyaluronate leave skin clean and soft.

Ingredients: Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), Aqua (Water/Eau), Sorbitol, Glycerin, Acrylates/Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Diethylhexyl, Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Potassium Cocoyl Glycinate, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Diglycerin, Potassium Cocoate, Propylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Gluconolactone, Butylene Glycol, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Ethylhexylglycerin, T-Butyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate

Usage: For the second step of your double cleanse, lather a pea-sized amount onto damp skin to remove water-based impurities. Rinse thoroughly and gently pat dry.

Is this cleanser good for oily/acne prone skin?
Can I use a Clarisonic with it?
Start your review of Then I Met You Soothing Tea Cleansing Gel!
How would you rate this product?
A great and gentle cleanser! It gives off a similar herbally smell like the living cleansing balm, and does the job well. I enjoyed using this cleanser and never had any issues with it, unlike some of the other cleansers that often make my skin feel dry and tight. It feels very therapeutic using it as well! However, the texture of the gel throws me off a bit. It reminds me a bit more of honey, as it's a thicker consistency versus something like the Cosrx good morning cleanser (which feels much more like a gel consistency). And, the price point itself is a bit high in my opinion, so I'm not sure I see myself repurchasing this. However, definitely give this gel a chance! Mileage may vary, and if you do not have a budget, definitely check it out.
seattle
Then I Met You Soothing Tea Cleansing Gel uploaded by sofie H.
Purchased at: Sephora
really nice foaming cleanser to use after oil cleanser to remove makeup :) smells like tea. really jelly and makes a cheese pull when you squeeze it out but really foamy and comfortable. feels clean but not dry after. not sure if i can justify buying again for the price though. i got this at their website but i accidentally clicked sephora and idk how to fix it >_<
Reno, NV
I've heard quite a bit about this cleansing gel, so after loving the balm, I had to try this. I am very picky about cleansers as the krave one let me down, but this one is very similar but better. The consistency is very thick and sticky and the scent reminds me of an old fashioned prohibition era cocktail. It foams slightly but after rinsed, leaves my skin feeling hydrated and calm. I've been dealing with a massive breakout on my forehead and after using this twice, my pimple was reduced and so much calmer. I will continue to use this and am amazed by the results. This is a top notch cleanser and my new favorite.

UPDATE: After exclusively using this cleansing gel with the cleansing balm, my skin had a reaction.  My forehead has become extremely red, swollen, and now peeling.  I used my clarisonic with the cleansing gel twice during this time, but no other exfoliation to cause this bad of a reaction.  I really loved the scent and texture of this cleanser -- but ultimately, i will have to go back to my old faithful cleanser since it appears I have a REALLY bad reaction from this.  I have updated my rating from 5 stars to 1 -- based on my individual experience.  I will say that I contacted their customer service and they immediately processed a return without a hassle.

Tucson, AZ
Love this and how soothing it is. It won’t cure your acne in a wash, but overtime, you notice that your skin is gradually brighter and acne scars heal faster. I didn’t like the scent at first, but after I got used to it, it wasn’t as unpleasant. I don’t like licorice, so if you do like licorice, you probably won’t think it’s that bad!
Gilbert, AZ
Purchased at: Soko Glam
Wow!! Then I Met You really hit the nail on the head with this cleanser. I use it after their oil balm cleanser and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean without stripping my skin of it's natural oils. It doesn't have a strong fragrance and it is a gel consistency. I highly recommend trying both products.
Portland
Then I Met You Soothing Tea Cleansing Gel uploaded by Abby R.
Busy Day? Stressed out skin? Then I Met You’s Soothing Tea Cleansing Grl has the perfect blend of fermented rice water, green tea, a licorice root to calm down skin and leave the skin feeling soft and not stripped dry. Honestly, I’m obsessed. Plus, who can deny their cute periwinkle packaging
Odessa, Fl
I use this as part of my second cleanse. It’s a nice cleanser. It doesn’t strip my skin or leave me feeling too tight. It comes out of the tube a bit sticky? I don’t know how to explain it. But other than the weird texture it’s a good product.
While I really liked this cleanser, the texture is a little thicker than what I prefer on a second cleanse. My favorite is the soy face cleanser as it is easy to use on my eye makeup as well. This gets the job done but it isn’t my first choice.
Brooklyn , NY
This is a unique “sticky” formula which feels goops bur quickly lathers with water. It feels more like a morning or “finisher” cleanser than a stand alone one as it didn’t seam as strong- or does that attest to how gentle it is?
Broken Arrow, OK
I won this in a giveaway from this amazing company MONTHS ago and guess what, still using it daily! It takes a pea size dollop for a thorough wash, smells SO good and leaves my skin looking and feeling my great. Not tight and dried out like a lot of other cleansers. This cleanser is so good, I had to steal it back from my daughter bc she fell in love with it too!!! I am almost certain I will cry when I run and then promptly repurchase it (this time with the balm bc I am dying to try it)! With the cleanser that cleans so well can you imagine the double cleanse heaven of these two together?!? 💙😇