BY THEBALM #93 in Mascara

The molded wand of this Mad Lash mascara by the Balm will transform your lashes with volume and rich definition. Creates volume and high-definition lashes Rich black finish Water-resistant Smudge-proof Talc-free Paraben-free Cruelty-free HOW TO USE Wiggle onto your lashes to separate, lengthen, and build volume. 0.008-oz. Size: One size. Color: Black. Gender: Female. see more...

• Does it make your eye lashes long or full 14 Answers
  • Got this as a Christmas present. I was wondering if it gets clump...5 Answers
  • I use younique mascara over a base mascara and really think it he...4 Answers
Mary K.
Tallahassee , FL
I received the sample size of this in my November Ipsy bag. For some reason they have been obsessed with sending me eyeliner and mascara every month. Most of the mascaras either look way clumpy, or wind up flaking or smudging. This is the first month I have really loved the mascara.

Admittedly I don't go to all these lengths of curling my lashes and/or laying mascaras to get the perfect, lengthened and voluminous look. I want to apply a mascara that does what it says and be done with it. I wouldn't say this is the Holy Grail of mascaras, but it works very well on me! The wand took a little getting used to, being curved. Between the curved wand and its fine tooth comb, just one coat is enough to give it a noticeably longer appearance. I add another coat or two if I am looking for a more dramatic look. My normal night time skin care routine (which starts with an oil face cleanser) takes it all right off.

I don't think I'll be spending money trying to find the right mascara for me. My only wish is that it wasn't only available in black.
Briana F.
Las Vegas, NV
I received a sample size of this in my November Ipsy bag. This is the third mascara I've received from Ipsy this year but I'm not really complaining because I use mascara daily! The only thing I don't understand and why I can't give a perfect score is WHY are the sample mascaras put in such awful packaging? So much of the product comes out on the wand because it's not a normal twist off tube. Other than that I love the shape of the wand, it truly does add volume to my lashes instead of flaring them straight out. The tiny teeth on the brush separate my lashes and keep them from clumping. Overall I really love this mascara, I think it's ever better than the Tarte one I received last month.
Lindsi K.
Imlay City, MI
So I'm a little puzzled on what to rate / review this product. I absolutely love the formula and the way it separates my lashes without clumping! However... IT IS SO HARD TO OPEN THE CONTAINER! It probably took me 2 minutes yesterday and when I finally got it open the wand totally flung right on the ground. I mean, I get that they're trying to be different by having a pull-off top but I think the twist tops are there for a reason! Lol. But really, I like the formula I just can't get over how horrible the container is.
Alicia M.
N Providence, RI
I received this travel sized in my Nov ipsy bag and it didnt disappoint. Wound up buying the fullsized one on the site. While I usually go for waterproof mascaras I've been using this little gem since the day it came. Texture is a bit wet but that's something I like because then it becomes buildable. It lasts until I take it off with no smudging or transfer to the rest of my eyes (which I tend to experience a lot) and when I do take it off its fairly easy and removes completely without having any left behind residue.
Karla  I.
Selinsgrove, PA
I received this in my ipsy bag the previous month and I must say, I freaking LOVE it! I'm definitely going to get a full size one after my travel one is done with. At first, it was weird because of the wand, but after a while and getting used to it, it was very convenient! It gave a dramatic volume and length all without smearing under my eyes during my 12-hour days! Most mascaras usually smear under my eyes after several hours but these didn't and I was so surprised. I would highly recommend this mascara to anyone!
Najette A.
Baltimore, MD
I have long, full lashes and I had a really hard time making this mascara work for my lashes. It was very clumpy and ended up making a big mess on my face. The mascara dries really quickly, not giving much time to work with the product. It retails for $18 which I think is incredibly expensive for the quality of the mascara. I would much rather go for Tarte's Lash Paint or Two Faced Better than Sex mascara, which are fairly similar in price. I would not recommend this product.
Angie R.
I received this product in an iPSY bag and I must say, I really enjoy it. It coats my lashes nicely and with just one coat I can see a difference. The only con that lost a star is the brush. The bristles are weird and have caused me to get mascara in my eye or on my skin. I end up poking myself almost everyday and this causes my eyes to water. The curved brush also makes applying the mascara to my non-dominant eye a little difficult.
Michelle M.
I'm not a big fan of mascaras because everyone I've tried, flakes off onto my lower lash line, thus darkening my under eye that I've just concealed. I've tried high end and drugstore mascaras and they all do the same thing, but this mascara is the only I've tried that doesn't transfer to my under eye. Since I'm someone who doesn't like putting mascara on my lower lashes, I love this mascara. It is my holy grail.
Cayla H.
Knoxville, TN
I absolutely love this mascara from the balm cosmetics. The applicator was very different from any that I have used before it separated my lashes so easily because it's like a mini comb an gave them such volume an length the formula is amazing! Was a bitof fall out from the application but nothing to major, but it wore so well through out the day without an smudging under my eyes I would definitely recommend
Hannah C.
Ms State, MS
I love this! I have only one complaint- it takes SO long to dry, it seems (at least as compared to other mascaras.) Otherwise, it makes my lashes look naturally long and accentuates each individual lash. I look for length since my lashes are relatively full on their own, but I don't see a huge improvement when it comes to volume. I own the sample size now, but will definitely purchase the full size.
Allison K.
Is this a good mascara??
kayla c.
Greeley, CO
Does it make your eye lashes long or full
Kayla s.
Is this mascara worth the try? I've tested out benefit roller lash and it has been my favorite! I would like something similar but a bit cheaper on price! I've seen a lot of YouTubers talk good reviews about this product! What do y'all think??
Amanda L.
Is this mascara flaky? Does it rub below the eyes easily?
Chels L.
Is it worth the price? Is there a lot of volume? Would you say it's a dramatic effect or versatile for every day?