Thebalm the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara uploaded by Britt S.Thebalm the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara uploaded by Mary Anna M.Thebalm the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara uploaded by Jessica A.See all 109 photos

BY THEBALM #61 in Mascara

The molded wand of this Mad Lash mascara by the Balm will transform your lashes with volume and rich definition. Creates volume and high-definition lashes Rich black finish Water-resistant Smudge-proof Talc-free Paraben-free Cruelty-free HOW TO USE Wiggle onto your lashes to separate, lengthen, and build volume. 0.008-oz. Size: One size. Color: Black. Gender: Female. see more...

• Does it make your eye lashes long or ...For me, the mascara made my la... 12 Answers
  • Got this as a Christmas present. I wa...This mascara is THE ONE for me... 5 Answers
  • I have been looking for a mascara tha...This mascara is amazing. The a... 4 Answers
Photos (109)
Mary K.
Mary K.
Tallahassee , FL
Dec. 2, 2016, 10:33 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
I received the sample size of this in my November Ipsy bag. For some reason they have been obsessed with sending me eyeliner and mascara every month. Most of the mascaras either look way clumpy, or wind up flaking or smudging. This is the first month I have really loved the mascara.

Admittedly I don't go to all these lengths of curling my lashes and/or laying mascaras to get the perfect, lengthened and voluminous look. I want to apply a mascara that does what it says and be done with it. I wouldn't say this is the Holy Grail of mascaras, but it works very well on me! The wand took a little getting used to, being curved. Between the curved wand and its fine tooth comb, just one coat is enough to give it a noticeably longer appearance. I add another coat or two if I am looking for a more dramatic look. My normal night time skin care routine (which starts with an oil face cleanser) takes it all right off.

I don't think I'll be spending money trying to find the right mascara for me. My only wish is that it wasn't only available in black.
Briana F.
Briana F.
Las Vegas, NV
Nov. 17, 2016, 10:50 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
I received a sample size of this in my November Ipsy bag. This is the third mascara I've received from Ipsy this year but I'm not really complaining because I use mascara daily! The only thing I don't understand and why I can't give a perfect score is WHY are the sample mascaras put in such awful packaging? So much of the product comes out on the wand because it's not a normal twist off tube. Other than that I love the shape of the wand, it truly does add volume to my lashes instead of flaring them straight out. The tiny teeth on the brush separate my lashes and keep them from clumping. Overall I really love this mascara, I think it's ever better than the Tarte one I received last month.
Cassie R.
Cassie R.
Gadsden, AL
Feb. 6, 2017, 2:32 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
When it comes to mascara, I have used TONS of different brands. From extra volume to added length, I've, also, tried several different types. I am SO thankful that I became aware of and had the opportunity to try Mad Lash mascara. I'm telling you, out of ALL the mascaras that I have used, over the years, this one takes the cake. It is everything that anyone would want when it comes to a good mascara. I absolutely love it bevause it causes zero lumps, provides perfect volume and length, and is easy to apply. This mascara does it all! theBalm did a very fine job with this product.
Lindsi K.
Lindsi K.
Imlay City, MI
Nov. 23, 2016, 10:23 a.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
So I'm a little puzzled on what to rate / review this product. I absolutely love the formula and the way it separates my lashes without clumping! However... IT IS SO HARD TO OPEN THE CONTAINER! It probably took me 2 minutes yesterday and when I finally got it open the wand totally flung right on the ground. I mean, I get that they're trying to be different by having a pull-off top but I think the twist tops are there for a reason! Lol. But really, I like the formula I just can't get over how horrible the container is.
Alicia M.
Alicia M.
N Providence, RI
Dec. 13, 2016, 9:36 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
I received this travel sized in my Nov ipsy bag and it didnt disappoint. Wound up buying the fullsized one on the site. While I usually go for waterproof mascaras I've been using this little gem since the day it came. Texture is a bit wet but that's something I like because then it becomes buildable. It lasts until I take it off with no smudging or transfer to the rest of my eyes (which I tend to experience a lot) and when I do take it off its fairly easy and removes completely without having any left behind residue.
Karla  I.
Karla I.
Selinsgrove , PA
Jan. 12, 2017, 10:58 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
I received this in my ipsy bag the previous month and I must say, I freaking LOVE it! I'm definitely going to get a full size one after my travel one is done with. At first, it was weird because of the wand, but after a while and getting used to it, it was very convenient! It gave a dramatic volume and length all without smearing under my eyes during my 12-hour days! Most mascaras usually smear under my eyes after several hours but these didn't and I was so surprised. I would highly recommend this mascara to anyone!
Najette A.
Najette A.
Baltimore, MD
Jan. 27, 2017, 8:31 a.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
I have long, full lashes and I had a really hard time making this mascara work for my lashes. It was very clumpy and ended up making a big mess on my face. The mascara dries really quickly, not giving much time to work with the product. It retails for $18 which I think is incredibly expensive for the quality of the mascara. I would much rather go for Tarte's Lash Paint or Two Faced Better than Sex mascara, which are fairly similar in price. I would not recommend this product.
Misty G.
Misty G.
Chatham, LA
Nov. 14, 2016, 1:29 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
So wish it worked for me. I will start by saying I loved the way this mascara looked. it gave my lashes great length and volume. I have extremely sensitive eyes and had an allergic reaction to this mascara. Sore, red, swollen eyes are not a good look. If you have a history of bad reactions to lots of eye products I would proceed with caution. (you know who you are) Looking at other reviews, it doesn't seem like it is a problem for most. Just wanted to share my experience.
Mandie B.
Mandie B.
Rainbow City, AL
Nov. 20, 2016, 9:20 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
I received a sample size in my ipsy. Ok so the wand is different. I like it, it is a plastic brush, but somehow I always mess.up on the first eye I apply this to. I somehow blink funny and get product everywhere. I can clean up my mistakes fairly easily. By the time I do the next eye, I am ok and get finished wo many mistakes. I like how the brush separates the lashes and coats each lash. Bottom line is I really like this. Just gotta get over my application issues!
Angie R.
Angie R.
Dec. 28, 2016, 11:30 p.m.
Review for: the Balm Mad Lash Black Mascara
I received this product in an iPSY bag and I must say, I really enjoy it. It coats my lashes nicely and with just one coat I can see a difference. The only con that lost a star is the brush. The bristles are weird and have caused me to get mascara in my eye or on my skin. I end up poking myself almost everyday and this causes my eyes to water. The curved brush also makes applying the mascara to my non-dominant eye a little difficult.
Allison K.
Allison K.
Is this a good mascara??
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Is this mascara flaky? Does it rub below the eyes easily?
kayla c.
kayla c.
Greeley, CO
Does it make your eye lashes long or full
Kayla D.
Kayla D.
Is this mascara worth the try? I've tested out benefit roller lash and it has been my favorite! I would like something similar but a bit cheaper on price! I've seen a lot of YouTubers talk good reviews about this product! What do y'all think??
Chels L.
Chels L.
Is it worth the price? Is there a lot of volume? Would you say it's a dramatic effect or versatile for every day?