BY THEBALM

Pretty Pink Apply to cheeks for a hint of tint... Layer it on to pop the color. Tinted Gel Blush, Prom Queen see more...

• Does this feel gross on your cheeks because it's a gel? Does it w...1 Answers
  • Does this look horrible if you have somewhat dry lips? I tend to ...3 Answers
  • Do you use stains more for your lips or cheeks?14 Answers
theBalm Stainiac Tinted Gel Blush
  • "I would recommend applying it with a stippling brush vs. your fingers, as it tends to adhere more to your fingers than your face." in 1 review
  • "a Stain is better than a cream blush would be for oily skin though i just wish it was easier to apply" in 1 review
  • "I love the subtle, even, long lasting color." in 1 review
  • "I received a trial size from Birch ox and will be ordering the full size soon. " in 1 review
  • "I've also used the stain on my lips for a natural looking lip finish." in 1 review
Valerie B.
Bountiful, UT
Never used on my lips, only on my cheeks and I actually really like it. You do have to work quickly to make sure you get even coverage, if you're not quick enough it is a red mess on your face, additionally the color is buildable. The applicator is a joke, doe foot on this particular product is pointless and you're going to have to use a good brush or your finger to spread it quickly. The formula is a gel type so it doesn't leak down your cheek. It will stain your finger though. Only gave it 3 out of 5 stars because the applicator, with something like this application is key.
Dena H.
I received a sample for my Birchbox. This Stainiac is different than the lip stains I've used. I'm a big fan of lip stains and I've came a long way. I have to share ~ when I was in my teens we used to use magic makers for lip stain :) Anyways, this stain doesn't dry out lips where you would need to use a gloss or chapstick. I like the way it feels on my lips. Not a sticky gloss. Feels like it soaks right in. I recommend if you like a slight tint for your lips. It also says in can be used on cheeks. I'm going to give it a try :)
Debra M.
Saratoga Spgs, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great all in one lip and cheek stain. I have tried other brands and always find myself coming back to theBalm. Such a perfect and universally flattering shade. I only gave it one star because it takes some practice to use it as a cheek stain without smearing a streak on your face as it is fast drying. I found dabbing with a damp Beauty Blender works best! I do wish it lasted a bit longer. Worth every penny - a little goes a long way.
tierney S.
Tonawanda, NY
It's a great cheek stain!! Looks intense on the wand and requires some practice to get a good, natural flush. Using the wand to apply the product to your pointer & middle fingers and then dabbing, then rubbing a SMALL amount into moisturized skin creates a great glowy flush. It lasts a long time on your face and the tube lasts forEVER!! Takes a little more time to apply than blush with a brush, but well worth it!
Brianne R.
I received this in the "Prom Queen" shade in my Birchbox a couple of years ago and fell in love. What looks scary in the tube becomes a wearable, healthy looking pink on my super-pale complexion, and I love it as a lip stain as well. A little goes a very long way, but once you get the hang of blending it (I use my fingers and wash my hands immediately) it fades into my cheeks and lasts all day without touchups.
Samantha R.
Raleigh, NC
Got this in my Birchbox and was pleasantly surprised! It's used for both lips and cheeks, but I always wear it as a lightweight gel blush. It's super light feeling and if I put it over top of my set foundation, it doesn't screw it up or take it off like a cream blush would. Stays in place nicely, blends nicely, the color is pretty, and it feels great in the summertime. An all around great blush option!
Jasmine S.
Fitchburg, WI
A little goes a long long way with this lip/cheek stain and I love that about it. It provides a nice soft stain that lasts all day. I was so skeptical but once I tried it, I love the natural look. It does take a little bit to get used to how much to put on, but it is worth the small effort to do so. If you want something that lasts, make the choice for Stainiac Tinted Gel Blush by theBalm!
Chloe V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product is really cool! For blush you just put a little bit on your cheeks then use your fingers to spread it around, then for lips applying 1 coat gives you a very light tinted pink shade, & 2 coats will give you a darker pink/red shade. Stains the skin very well & fast. Got mine in the June Birchbox in the shade "Beauty Queen".
Cassidy C.
MOBILE, AL
I love this as a lipstain and like it as a blush. I have oily skin and drink a ton of water, so regular lipstick is gone before my first coffee break. This leaves a nicecwash of color and the gel formula is a bit more forgiving and buildable than some other stains, but you do have to work quickly to get an even application.
Jennifer Leigh G C.
Saint Charles, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this stuff! It's super easy to blend, stays put until I remove my makeup, and the color is natural and beautiful. It doesn't take a lot of product to achieve the look I want, definitely worth the money. :-)
Courtney M.
Savannah, GA
Do you use stains more for your lips or cheeks?
Justine U.
Does this look horrible if you have somewhat dry lips? I tend to get a lot of creasing with other products
Kacee P.
Does this feel gross on your cheeks because it's a gel? Does it work good on your lips too?
Lily A.
Bakersfield, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this with lip primer? Is it only me or does this rub off easily ?