BY THEBALM

First you Met Matt(e), then you Met Matt(e) Nude, now it’s time to Meet Matt(e) Trimony—the special occasion palette. Featuring nine versatile shades, these matt(e)s are ‘suit’able for any occasion. With a velvety smooth texture, triple-milled formula and true-to-pan payoff, your look will live on happily ever after. Always easy on the eyes, Meet Matt(e) Trimony transitions from business casual to black tie in no time.

Buy on Amazon
  • "This palette is amazing it's super pigmented and contains all matte shadows. The packaging is really nice and cute almost like the way benefit does their packaging and for the value you are getting good shadows that blend well and last all day long ." in 386 reviews
  • "This palette is TO DIE FOR! To start, the colors are stunning, they're ultra pigmented and creamy, and they stay on all day long. If you're into mauvy/purples and neutral browns, this is the palette for you! super beautiful and easy for every day use. you can go from a very simple daytime look, to an intense going out look. i would recommend this to anyone! " in 72 reviews
  • "I first received a sample of this eye shadow in my June ipsy bag and I absolutely love it! I received the shade Matt Kumar which is an extremely beautiful reddish brown color. I loved using this eye shadow as a transition shade, and loved how pigmented and long lasting it was, so I ended up purchasing this whole pallet! I love the selection of colors, and these eye shadows are so pigmented and long lasting! Love love love!" in 37 reviews
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
The Balm is an indie makeup brand that is perhaps best known for their cute, retro packaging. Meet Matt(e) Trimony was the third palette released in the Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Palette line from The Balm.

According to The Balm, this is “the special occasion palette.” It includes nine, all-matte shadows that are a mix of warm and cool shades.

I will say that the brand has clearly improved their shadow formula from this palette’s predecessor, theBalm Meet Matt(e) Nude® Nude Matte Eyeshadow Palette. These shadows are more versatile, pigmented and blendable. The formula is triple milled, so they’re kind of powdery. You’ll definitely want to use a light hand and tap the excess product off your brush.

Personally, I don’t find myself reaching for this anymore because I prefer my Viseart Matte Palettes. However, this is a pretty decent alternative if you’re on a budget. The Balm regularly has 50% off flash sales either on their website or HauteLook. If you’re interested in purchasing this palette, I’d hold off until the next sale, I wouldn’t pay the full price of $42 for it.
Katie B.
Henryville , IN
I LOVE this palette!!! The colors are gorgeous and pigmented and they blend BEAUTIFULLY!!!! I got this palette in a Ricky’s cult Crushes box and I LOVE IT!!!!! I also love that you don’t need any other palettes in order to get a complete look! It is only mattes, but there are plenty of transition shades plus a few beautiful colors, and I use this palette a lot for work since I don’t want any shimmers anyway. It’s also the perfect companion for a shimmery palette that needs transitions.
Shannon H.
Columbus , OH
I received this palette from a subscription box and it is exactly what my makeup collection needed. The nude/earthy colors are to die for. If you are looking for a cheaper price point and a handful of options in one place, this is the palette for you. I prefer to stay neutral with my makeup during my work days. I can build up a bold look that still works well in my professional environment. The packaging is wonderful and very playful as well. Good job to thebalm!
BreeAnna N.
The Balm makes a lot of products I love and I literally use the Meet Matte palette every single day. I can do various eye looks with this palette but my favorite to do is my everyday nude eye. It makes it easy because it includes the perfect base, transition, and crease colors
Francis O.
Hoffman Est, IL
I love this pallete for its cool tone brown color. I use it a lot as a transition shade! I have cool undertones. The texture is a mix between creamy and powdered. Not a lot of fall out. Its the type of pallete to use with another one because it doesnt have colors that go together. The colors are kinda all over the place but the quality and pigment is just enough for me to give it 5 stars (:
Payden C.
I love the color scheme in the palette, and I love all matte palettes. These shadows are pigmented, but they are extremely dry. They are hard to blend, and just overall not very good other than the actual color. I recommend the  Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette if your looking for an all matte palette with a variety of neutral shades.
Cherie P.
Pendleton, SC
I purchased this as an aging 49s lady when I kept getting told I had to only use matte eyeshadows or it would make me look older. Well not true however this is a good quality palette. My boyfriend who is now my husband purchased this for me two years ago at Kohl’s. The Balm Cosmetics can be pricey but they definitely have quality!!! They are pigmented with great blendability and I would recommend to someone else looking for mattes as a stand alone or to compliment with another palette with shimmers.
Marian P.
EL Paso, TX
It's a very decent pallets, but nothing love changing. The color selection is great with a lot of neutral transition shades and some pops of color to make a some bolder looks. It's a nice compacted size which makes it great for traveling with. The formulas OK. Some of the colors are nice and pigmented while I feel like I have to really dig my brush in to get some pigment out of the others. Some of them feel chalky. They blend well enough. I might debate whether or not to buy again because I could probably find something of equal or better quality than this palette.
Kerri W.
Port Neches, TX
I love this palette!!! It is my go-to when I just do not know what I am going to wear. I can create so many looks with this palette. It is so beautiful and so pigmented and so blendable! The price is pretty right for the size of the pans too! I would highly recommend this product to friends and family!
Alison J.
San Marcos
This was the first The Balm pallet I bought. I love that it is all mattes. I like to use this pallet when I want a simple, easy look. I would use this as an everyday pallet. It’s easy to use for beginners and has a great mirror attached
Karri M.
How well do these shadows blend? Does the pigmentation fade when you blend? Do the darker shadows go on patchy? Also, is the color variety pretty versatile in your experience?
Shayla S.
Boston, MA
There are only 9 shades in this now palette, is it really worth the price?
Dina G.
Is this palette worth buying? Are the shadows blendable and are they unique colors?
gabriela b.
moreno valley , CA
how is the pigmentation on this palette? are the eye shadows blend able?
Brianna S.
Walker, LA
Really want to try this but not sure if it's worth the price and how the pigment is. Any thoughts?